Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:05 pm

User Image

User Image

"Ryn is great, I am just waiting to get going, if we don't get going soon I might have to try my luck at fishing." Ryn said with a laugh. Her hunger was increasing by the minute.

Another girl approached the boat and asked to join. Kaera invited her in before she got the chance. "Hello, I'm Ryn, nice to meet you." Now that the boat was full, Ryn grabbed the lantern off the hook to provide more light.
As she re situated, she heard Tyler ask which house we wanted to be in.

"I am hoping for Gryffindor as well. I, well we are the first of our family to come here." Added Ryn as she got comfortable.

User Image
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:07 pm

Moshe Yitzchaki
User Image

Moshe leaned back. It really didn't matter. Pure-blood, muggleborn, what did it matter. Half listening to what Lyra had said Moshe grunted, "Makes sense, I guess." What a fool he was thinking that this place could ever be his home. What a fool his grandparents were, taking him away from what he knew. He was lonely and alone here. He wished that it would all go away, like some bad dream. Maybe Eema and Aba would be happy to see him just after a few days, no training needed. He could hide this magic without training... right? Moshe doubted that.

lightdanger

Beloved Werewolf

8,725 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Member 100

Stargazing Sketcher

Loyal Bard

13,675 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:16 pm

User Image
~Taylor Greene~
~First Year~

Taylor got into the boat."My name's Taylor."
She then heard Tyler's question. " I think I'd fit into Ravenclaw pretty well. I mean I AM the smartest girl in my class...At my old school, anyway.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Tyler smiled "Probably a summoning charm would be the best for fishing. But I don't know any. I saw my parents use them all the time" he pulled out his wand "I was never allowed to use magic until I got my own wand, but now I don't want to try without training" he laughed "I think that's what Mum always hoped for"
"First of your family?" he asked "So you two are muggle-born then?"
Tyler looked at the new arrival "Ravenclaw? Wow. I would never be able to handle being in the smartest class"

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Rechosia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:32 pm

User ImageUser Image

"Gryffindor here as well. Like Ryn said, we are the first ones from our family to attend Hogwarts, so we're not entirely sure what to expect," Kaera smiled cheerfully. "All I know is I'm beyond excited. It will be good for me. A new start."

User Image
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:43 pm

User Image

User Image

"That would be a much easier way to fish." said Ryn with a giggle.

" We are pure bloods actually but everyone from our family is from Ireland so we are the first to go to Hogwarts since we moved to the UK." explained Ryn. " I read ,Hogwarts: A History, as soon as I got to so I wouldn't be to clueless."

User Image

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

Rechosia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:48 pm

User ImageUser Image

Kaera laughed. "Okay, so I'M not entirely sure what to expect. But yeah, we're pure bloods. Ryn here was born in London and I only moved there about a year ago. But we're originally from Ireland so everyone else from our family attended Irish wizarding schools."

User Image
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:53 pm

Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

Tyler nodded "Oh really Ireland. I'm from Northern Wales. I live in a muggle village. My parents and I are the only wizards in the village. So I barely ever meet any other wizards"

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

BlueRaspberryVodka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:58 pm

((would you look at that. This is the fastest moving RP I've ever been in. Forgive my absence I wasn't expecting that. Ha! I'm gonna have to be on a lot more often mrgreen ))

Alexa and Rowan Titan

Rowan led her sister toward the water's edge. She had a manic smile on her face and contemplated pushing Alexa in the lake. Pushing her sister into a boat, she clambered in and remained standing. There were many people enrolled in this school. Plenty of them would be her enemies, and others could be her friends.
"Welcome Ladies and Gents" She called to her fellow first years. "Are we all ready to battle dragons? Fight a troll? Whatever the test, are you excited?"
Laughing slightly, her eyes were alight as she stared around at all the students in boats, wondering how they would react.

"Rowan, if you do not sit down, I will drown you" Alexa snapped in a low, cold voice. She glared at her sister as the other girl grabbbed at her collar and scratched the skin under it. She was too excited to listen now.
Again Alexa silently surveyed the people around her. She had read over and over the different expectations of each house. She felt the sorting was rather ridiculous. If every one in a house had the same personality, it would get rather tiresome very quickly. She couldn't help but wonder if she and her sister would be in the same house however.
"Miss Duke? Do siblings usually end up in the same house?"
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:02 pm

William RadcliffeUser Image

Will shrugged, then searched for Moshe in the sea of boats and people, spotting him sitting with a girl over in another boat. "Oh, there he is." Will pointed in Moshe's direction. "Yeah, he found someone to sit with. Good for him." With a sigh, he looked towards the school. "We're almost there, I think."

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Garden of Wisteria

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:09 pm

User Image

As they chatted Nott scanned the Daily Prophet. He hadn't wanted to but his eyes had been drawn back to that article that Charlotte had mentioned. He wished he had an Ebullocator on him right now to call the old man up. Just to see if he should be worried for him, or his father.

Finally he started flipping through the pages. Articles a plenty on the Ministry, new policies, fines for a group attempted to start flying carpet races, a sale on cauldrons in Diagon Alley and a rash of break-ins on Knockturn Alley. Nott didn't know why they bothered to run that in the paper. An area that attracts a sketchy crowd is subject to sketchy goings-on.

As he caught sight of that months winner of a recipe contest, he nearly salivated over the judges description of the 'creamy, sweet, tangy' Old Fashioned Strawberry-Peanut Butter Ice Cream. His stomach grumbled again and he flipped the page. They had better lay out one heck of a feast at the castle because I may be on the verge of starvation by the time we reach the shore.

Nott chuckled. "A group is protesting the use of fairies as tree decorations in this upcoming holiday season." he injected as he read. "A wizard was arrested by the Ministry for bewitching all of his neighbors alarm clocks to go off in the middle of the night, every night."

He continued skimming the paper for any other entertaining news. "And the Weird Sisters are releasing a new song within the next month."

((My apologies to Alex, my wand is the subject of discussion at the moment, so I'm going to sidestep his question for now. I'm not ignoring it I promise!))
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:12 pm

User ImageUser Image

"Oh wow, that must be fascinating. Well, maybe not to you because that's just what you grew up around. But we've been surrounded by magic our entire lives. You must be excited to get the opportunity to meet so many other witches and wizards and train with them." Kaera brushed a strand of hair out of her eyes that had strayed in the night breeze. "What's living in a muggle village like?"

User Image

Rechosia

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:42 pm

Tyler Dean

First Year ---------

User Image

Tyler shrugged "It's odd. I mean I met some of the muggle kids. They talk about soccer, and television. They laugh at wizards because they're 'oddly dressed blokes' as one said. They also don't use owls for mail, other muggles give it to them, seems a little complicated to me" he shrugs "Most never seen an owl actually. So they were surprised one day when they saw one fly out my window." He laughed "Also sometimes they notice us using magic, and we have to convince them otherwise. It's a good thing Dad works at the Ministry, in the Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes, in fact"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:46 pm

User Image

User Image
Charlotte ❖ Victus ❖ Claremont❖
User Image

Charlotte turned away from Xander to look at Nott as he continued to summarize the few articles they hadn't covered. Listening she tilted her head, for a moment she looked over toward the boats are wait, as one girl shouted some stuff. For a moment she was about to shout back, but decided against. Turning her attention back she heard Nott's last comment. Clapping her hand in excitement she thought, Hmm...I'll have to keep my ear open to hear the weird sister newest song...I'm going to have to sneak Nott's radio sometime.

Letting her smile fall a bit, she remember the other article summaries. She hadn't really though about them at first, but upon reflection one stuck out quite a bit...amazingly enough it wasn't the fairy one. "Why...?" she asked showing her confusion. "What kind of fool would bewitch their neighbors alarm clocks...just to do that? Is there anything in the article that says why?"

User Image
Current First Year
User Image

Mellow Magpie

VixenViVi

Desirable Vampire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:00 pm

User Image
User Image

"Really your dad works at the ministry? My mother works there as well in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures in the Beast Division. I go to work with her when ever possible, I love taking care of any of the animals they have in before transport." Ryn said with enthusiasm. She really loved all creatures and they had quite a few at there home.

"and I understand how hard it is to live among muggles. When we are in Ireland, it seems like it's not a big deal but in London, they have muggles all over the place and it can be hard to explain accidents sometimes." Ryn added with thought on how her family is doing. She hoped her brothers were staying out of trouble but she doubted it.

User Image
The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games