Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xX-Miss-Sku11Kandy-Xx

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:04 pm
_She_Dreams_Fiction_
that whole list is like one big stereotype...

That's exactly what I just said up above.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:20 pm
Theres actually this one girl at my school who went through pretty much every dirogatory name for a person to call me. Half the names she used in a bad way but weren't.

So what have I been called by her? Lets see...
Freak (*Yawns* Any better insults?)
Wierd (Yes, I'm proud of it.)
Emo (Ignorant slime....)
Punk (Well I do enjoy punk rock thank you very much.)
Posuer (Your problem.)
Posuer Goth (You don't know the first thing about goth...)
Wannabe (Psh.)
Lesbian (Ehhh....)
Pagan (Nope, Aethiest.)
Goth (How is that an insult?)
b***h (I know you are)
Whore (Your mom's probably one...)
Bisexual (???)
Devil (I don't even believe in the devil...)
Satan ("get thee behind me satan...")
Mafia (WTF???)  

Henneth Annun
Captain

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:34 pm
One thing which sucks is being an under-18 goth.

As all of my friends scamper off to thier favorite mainstream bands latest tour, I'm stuck waiting until I turn 18 before I'll even be able to go to any concerts that I want to attend.

Nearly all of the bands I like are gothic, darkwave, or somthing along those lines. When they tour, they usually play at the goth clubs in the region. Unfortunately, ALL of them are 18+. Therefore I can't go to see CXS, Attrition, or any other cool artists.

The only concerts I've been to have been organ concerts at a local church... (not that organ concerts aren't cool though. They rock! I just wish I could go to a wider variety of venues...)  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:40 pm
I have to say that i wouldnt label myself goth. but i hate it when ignorant people ask me if i am gothic because i wear black. people sometimes ask me if i do Voodoo or worship satan. that really pisses me off because im a faithful christian.  

XxLovely_MiseriesxX

Cactus Attack!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:46 pm
big time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:39 am
I'm a little ashamed I searched back six pages just to post this...

Doing laundry....
Half a load of whites. Half a load of blues. Half a load of reds.
A load and an half of blacks.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:53 pm
The Goth Apple

Doing laundry....

Haha... I'm kind of worried about this when I go to college! I have one or two white shirts, two green skirts, and a bunch of black clothing. I don't know how I'll be able to make a full load of white laundry out of just that!

Also, once I am out on my own: dry cleaning bills. I think my parents must pay about $45 a month to have my velvets, satins, and silks dry cleaned. That isn't exactly cheap! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:40 pm
the thing i hate the most is people stereotyping me as an idiot, that and every idiot asking if my piercings hurt when i got them done.  

ataraxia_18

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:46 pm
heh I was hanging at church with my other goth friends (church is the only place to hang besides concerts in my town) and some bitchy preps were there and said we worshiped satan and should be there..so I flipped her off and walked on..another one ran behind the police officer (we had to hire one cause of the fights in the church) and said we scared her..i laughed..  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:35 pm
The_Forth
+L0v33ss+
1) The people that walk up and touch you and/or harass you on some dare. Then after you ignore they're lame advances of "hey you. Goth girl." they run back to their friends like they've completed some major feat. "Holy crap, I annoyed a goth and I wasn't killed by a demon she summoned! I'm invincible!"

This is my biggest thing. People seem to think that because you dress differently, that you can treat them like less of a person.

I have that happen all the time, and finale I got feed up with it, okay this guy was once one of my friends till I started dressing goth and stopped football and track, started spending more time with my girlfriend, and my art, so this guy totally becomes a jerk about it, okay and starts hitting on my girlfriend trying to get her to sleep with him, grabbing her a**, doing stuff like that, now I'm not really the type that you can piss off that easy, in fact I would rather, just walk away from something than fight about it, and but there was a few times during school that I nearly ripped the guys head off... If it was not for Anna, my girlfriend and her friends I would have, Okay now that you have a little back ground on the why I'll tell You what I did, I was at the mall, with my girlfriend, and we just got out of Hottopic and had decided to go see a movie, and well this guy comes up and puts his arm around my girlfriend yells back to his friend " Hi, messing with a hot goth chick...." than he starts asking her to have sex with him and this is pissing me off, I mean im wanting to rip his eyes out just for looking at her and take his hands off for touching her, and beat his skull in to the floor just for messing with my girlfriend.... she looks so uncomfortable well that is a given, and obeosly I'm pissed hell I'm so pissed that, I start bleeding in the palm of my hand for digging my nails into it, Like I said I really DON'T like to fight I really don't, but noone has the right to do that, he starts walking back to his friends telling to them " Oh I told you he would not do anything he's a ******** panzy all Goths are, Well he found out how much of a panzy I was whin I walked up behind him kicked his right leg out from under him. he fell for words on to his face, and I walk over, and place one knee in the middle of his back as I keel down and than pined his face to the found with my bloody hand, I look at him and go " You are a ******** a*****e, you where once my friend, we did football and tack together, we were friends than the second I start dressing different because I like the cloths, and the music and every thing else about the modern Goth culture except the stereotypes, and You turn on me... What the hell is your deal? And not only do you turn on me you ******** start messing with my girlfriend, why the hell did I even bother being friends with a** holes like you? You think Goths are freaks something to amuse your ******** self with? Well, you know you guys think we are these dark creatures, No you are, your the ones who ******** with people because you think your so much better than them, well your not your scum."
He did not say anything, and of corse now people are gathering around to see what is going on, than this cop starts to come thought the crowd, Anna grabs me and drags me in to the crowd as the cop gets to the middle,
She looks at me and goes" Chainz you could have gotten your self arrested, I'm not worth you spending time in jail, of cores I�m vary flattered," I give her a kiss than look at the middle as the crowd is disappearing, Eric is getting up off the ground, the cop is asking if any one seen what happened no ones says any thing not even Eric, and he just walks back to his friends, with his tail between his legs, needles to say he had not messed with me or anna and i think he will think twice before doing it again...
This is a 100% true story... concittering it just happened last weekend...

Are you kidding me?
rofl rofl rofl

perrenthezombie

Im Deceased

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:43 am
1.Trying not to have greasy hair(cuz of that stupid sterio type)
2.The price of evrything
3.In the summer you get really hot being out side cuz all the black
4.Buying the stupid laundry soap for dark clothes all te time
5.People always asking you dumb questions like why I dress like that
6.Getting stuff thrown at you by people in cars cuz their to scared to do it on foot
7.The dirty looks people give you when your at the store
8.Jocks/Preps(you pretty much know what I mean)
9.When they think emo and goth are the same

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:57 am
The_Forth
I have that happen all the time, and finale I got feed up with it, okay this guy was once one of my friends till I started dressing goth and stopped football and track, started spending more time with my girlfriend, and my art, so this guy totally becomes a jerk about it, okay and starts hitting on my girlfriend trying to get her to sleep with him, grabbing her a**, doing stuff like that, now I'm not really the type that you can piss off that easy, in fact I would rather, just walk away from something than fight about it, and but there was a few times during school that I nearly ripped the guys head off... If it was not for Anna, my girlfriend and her friends I would have, Okay now that you have a little back ground on the why I'll tell You what I did.
I was at the mall, with my girlfriend, and we just got out of Hottopic and had decided to go see a movie, and well this guy comes up and puts his arm around my girlfriend yells back to his friend " Hi, messing with a hot goth chick...." than he starts asking her to have sex with him and this is pissing me off, I mean im wanting to rip his eyes out just for looking at her and take his hands off for touching her, and beat his skull in to the floor just for messing with my girlfriend.... she looks so uncomfortable well that is a given, and obeosly I'm pissed hell I'm so pissed that, I start bleeding in the palm of my hand for digging my nails into it.
Like I said I really DON'T like to fight I really don't, but noone has the right to do that, he starts walking back to his friends telling to them " Oh I told you he would not do anything he's a ******** panzy all Goths are, Well he found out how much of a panzy I was when I walked up behind him kicked his right leg out from under him. he fell for words on to his face, and I walk over, and place one knee in the middle of his back as I keel down and than pined his face to the found with my bloody hand, I look at him and go " You are a ******** a*****e, you where once my friend, we did football and tack together, we were friends than the second I start dressing different because I like the cloths, and the music and every thing else about the modern Goth culture except the stereotypes, and You turn on me... What the hell is your deal? And not only do you turn on me you ******** start messing with my girlfriend, why the hell did I even bother being friends with a** holes like you? You think Goths are freaks something to amuse your ******** self with? Well, you know you guys think we are these dark creatures, No you are, your the ones who ******** with people because you think your so much better than them, well your not your scum."
He did not say anything, and of corse now people are gathering around to see what is going on, than this cop starts to come thought the crowd, Anna grabs me and drags me in to the crowd as the cop gets to the middle,
She looks at me and goes" Chainz you could have gotten your self arrested, I'm not worth you spending time in jail, of cores I'm vary flattered," I give her a kiss than look at the middle as the crowd is disappearing, Eric is getting up off the ground, the cop is asking if any one seen what happened no ones says any thing not even Eric, and he just walks back to his friends, with his tail between his legs, needles to say he had not messed with me or anna and i think he will think twice before doing it again...
This is a 100% true story... concittering it just happened last weekend...

Wow... Oo;; My boyfriend and I would've yelled his *&$%(*@ ears off.
I hate those kinds of people. Nice speech btw...

XWraith_LordX
Theres actually this one girl at my school who went through pretty much every dirogatory name for a person to call me. Half the names she used in a bad way but weren't.

So what have I been called by her? Lets see...
Freak (*Yawns* Any better insults?)
Wierd (Yes, I'm proud of it.)
Emo (Ignorant slime....)
Punk (Well I do enjoy punk rock thank you very much.)
Posuer (Your problem.)
Posuer Goth (You don't know the first thing about goth...)
Wannabe (Psh.)
Lesbian (Ehhh....)
Pagan (Nope, Aethiest.)
Goth (How is that an insult?)
b***h (I know you are)
Whore (Your mom's probably one...)
Bisexual (???)
Devil (I don't even believe in the devil...)
Satan ("get thee behind me satan...")
Mafia (WTF???)

Lol! Those always made me laugh. Laughing at the idiots would always make my day.

ShadowLotus

xStephanx

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:38 am
In a word: misconceptions.

* I do not primarily listen to punk, emo or metal. Goth is its own genre and its own spectrum of genres.
* Going out trad Goth does not imply I am sad, or indeed that I am not extremely perky
* My tastes are diverse on all sides and what I listen to and wear now might not reflect the me you meet tomorrow. Like all people, I have many sides
* I do not listen to, admire or much like Marilyn Manson  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:01 pm
DreamerSpirit
The Goth Apple

Doing laundry....

Haha... I'm kind of worried about this when I go to college! I have one or two white shirts, two green skirts, and a bunch of black clothing. I don't know how I'll be able to make a full load of white laundry out of just that!

Also, once I am out on my own: dry cleaning bills. I think my parents must pay about $45 a month to have my velvets, satins, and silks dry cleaned. That isn't exactly cheap! sweatdrop
I suggest you start washing delicates by hand. It's not that hard, it's faster than you'd think, and it's alot cheaper.
I wash alot of my stuff in the bathroom sink, hanging it to dry on the shower curtain rod so it drips into the bathtub. That's less messy. Ivory Snow is the gentlest soap for fabrics I can think of, it's powdered, so it's easy to use just a little when you're washing by hand; and I don't think you could hurt any fabric with it if you tried.
You will have to get used to the feeling of wet velvet on your hands, that is a little weird.
It actually gets the clothes alot cleaner, too. I have a special talent with stains.

The Goth Apple

Dapper Dabbler

14,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Kostbarer Alptraum

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:27 pm
I don't know if anybody has said this already but...
I find it irritating when it's dark in the morning...and I'm looking for certain black jacket/skirt/shirt/etc... and everything else in the closet is black...so I turn on the light... but everything is still black. gonk

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games