Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Will you dress your children gothic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, would you?
  Yea, it'd be cute.
  Probly not.
  I'm open to it, I guess
View Results

Blije

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:47 am
@AEtherclaw I dont know where youre talking about but Im Christian too and my grandparents do like my clothes, not all the time but its not like theyre closedminded.

I dont want children myself but if I had them I wouldnt dress them 'goth' or black. I think light colors are way more cute than black things, but I cant deny that the little black baby shirts with funny texts are funny and awsome x'D they just arent cute.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:38 pm
Well, for me, I'm up and down about it. I would like them to dress in the gothic fashion and look coolio and stuffies, but I'm afraid that I would change their own being by the time they are of the age where they get to decide what they want to wear. BUT, if I DON'T let them wear gothic clothing or other types of subculture clothing, I'm afraid that they'll end up being influenced by the media and wear clothing that's "in", etc. So, yeah. sweatdrop  

bonitachocolat

Blije

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:44 am
Not all the people wear clothing which is ''in'' because of the media. I think you should buy black and ''normal'' clothes for them so they can choose smile . I mean, not all preps are bad, if your kids want to be prep their personality will still be the same.  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:28 am
Blije
@AEtherclaw I dont know where youre talking about but Im Christian too and my grandparents do like my clothes, not all the time but its not like theyre closedminded.

I dont want children myself but if I had them I wouldnt dress them 'goth' or black. I think light colors are way more cute than black things, but I cant deny that the little black baby shirts with funny texts are funny and awsome x'D they just arent cute.

it was a joke, but there are some people who if your dressed even remotely "alternative" will just come up to you and snarl "your going to hell" completely out of nowhere... or do any number of other things all the way up to trying to take legal action just because they dont like the way you dress.  

AEtherclaw

underthenoise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:54 am
If i have a kid, which i doubt i will.
I will dress it in goth clothes, and i know my mom (even though she isnt completely fond of gothic attire, she would search long and hard for clothes for the baby that were gothic lol. MY mom is just that sweet, my mom has always been supportive of how i dressed from when i was 10 and dresed like a hippie lol. So even though, my choice of clothing for my children would be gothic.. i would still alllow them to wear what they wanted.

I want to be that supportive mother, the kids trust and love.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:24 pm
i have a strange theory that my kid will be born with a cigarett in hand and when the doctor slaps his/her a** s/he'll ask for a light. given that i've lately been looking at baby clothes including a black onesie with AB/lightningbolt/ CD on it. and a t-shirt that reads "i can kick your baby's a**"  

Gaylord Mule 3

Impkat

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 6:50 pm
Of course I'd want to dress them goth. I'll probably dress my little girl in gothic lolita for her younger years and my boys shall always be a mix of goth and punk. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:45 am
I think, I would dress my children in Gothic Lolita styles or Harajuku styles. It would be adorable once in a while to dress them up like that, and like you've all mentioned; After they are capable of choosing their own style I'll dress them up like I want ^_^  

Lady_Martyr

DinosaurusLexx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:46 am
I wouldn't mind to i mean it was how i liked to dress so i mean i would think they would enjoy it.

Later on if they decide a different route thats them.
But since their little kids why not have fun dressing them!

^^

-Lexx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:24 pm
I would most definitely dress them gothic - sometimes. But I would put the other cute kid's clothes on them too. That way they are exposed to different styles and can choose how they want to dress without thinking they are gonna hurt my feelings when they get older. Of course I'd hope they turn out goth lol, but if they don't, that's fine too. 3nodding  

Lady_Tenebrae

For Fear of Little Men

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:10 pm
I'll probably leave that decision up to them. I remember my parents used to make me go to church, and now I hate attending because it was forced upon me. So I would not want the same for my child.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:25 am
I will not dress my children, gothic per say seeing as how I think that most the tiem that will be an over kill of blacks and whites, But I will dress them in gothic victorian clothes sorta in my own fashion, no corsets until their 18 though  

~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~

5,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:09 pm
I'd love to dress my children as goths. My friend Danielle was a goth since she was 3 because her mom is a goth. And she's only 9.
I think I would start them off very young dressing them in goth clothes and teaching them not to be afraid of what other people think or care about being super popular. That way she/he will be strong and independent and have more chances of being a goth when they grow up. it also means that the other kids will get the chance to know how cute and nice real goths can be before society brainwashes them into thinking we're bad. Maybe growing up with a goth friend from an early age with prevent discrimination?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 pm
Hmmm... you know I guess I would! 3nodding make them wear cute little bats and wolfs*ehm I'm a wearwolf addict xd *
haha I even already have they're names picked out Alice Xaphania if I have a girl and Hayden Lee if I have a boy.....or I'll just adopt wink  

Coffee Makes You Fat

nautilus pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:11 pm
This may surprise you, but it's a definite "no." I wouldn't tell my kids how to dress, I'd prefer they do what they want to do in life. I don't think you can make a kid "gothic" from the time they're 3. I might introduce them to the books, and the music, but they'd have to do what they want.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff