Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Dark Nexus ((Rant Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:32 pm
Ever have one of those days where you thought you knew the bounds of human idocy, but are surprized to find out that such a boundary is only imaginary?

Since when did the polite deed of holding the door open for someone turn into some form of sign of dominance? I hold open a door today, and some couple starts chewing me out for not being sensitive towards women's rights. Okay, I probably should have known hell would break loose when the women's rights display was on campus.

But that crap? The whore is yelling at her boyfriend for not sticking up for her. I pointed out it was only out of curteousy, and walk off. Five minutes later, after i left the bank here, she's still yelling at this poor guy. Just to make things worse, she's created such a scene that several other girls are yelling at this guy on top of it. Can't speak out against them, because they're completely oblivious to ediquitte, so I just grab the guy and get literally hounded down the street to the local bar and pub.

Nice chap. But seriously, how do these people survive?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:04 am
If that b***h has the nerve to consider another guy holding a door open for her, and she's has supportive of the feminine movement as she claims to be, then she should've held open the door for her boyfriend.  

ElladanKenet
Crew

K-Blade

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:36 pm
Finally after a week of having to deal with my hunny bunny’s 1961 40 hp (that right, I said 40 horsy power) 1200cc VW’s (mental note to slap Hitler for his peoples wagon BS.) that leave me stranded a mere five miles form my destination with only a 1st gear. (That was a fun day) I now have my beloved truck back. I is a very happy kitty. I missed my baby soooooo much. Next time I put my rig into a shop I’m re-activating my K-5. It might be a ’74 but it’s never left me failed me. I really need to work on my welding skills.

@ CW: yes, that big blue thing is mine. I’m one of those girls that like big trucks. I love the look on the boy’s faces when they see me hopping out of the thing. Silly boy’s trucks are for girls.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:42 am
So I'm building something in SL. Suddenly, my PC locks up for no reason just after I click the thing I'm working on. It's scripted, but very little is done at all, and clicking it doesn't do anything. I can easily fire off something 1,000x as complicated with no problems.

Okay, so I reboot my PC because it's the whole system, not SL. I get back on it and find all my preferences have been knocked all to Hell on the Low end, meaning now I gotta waste 5-10 minutes readjusting everything.

Now what the Hell kinda setup does that without at least asking you if you wanna " boot up in safe mode " ?  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:45 pm
Relationships. Ungh.

Age differences, snooty parents, curfews, car accidents, friend's suicide attempts. Hate them all.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:08 pm
Public service announcement: Do NOT eat at Taco Bueno.

We just came back from there, and I have to say that that was the most piss poor service ever.  

AFK Masturbating

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:10 pm
What the hell is taco bueno?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:17 pm
A place that took at least 10 minutes to make a couple tacos. >_<  

AFK Masturbating

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:19 pm
...must be a local chain. I've never heard of 'em.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:22 pm
Moyayuki.
You are a god damn, self indulgent, b***h.

Where the ******** do you get off labeling established writers when you yourself have yet to accomplish any published works. What makes you think your fanfic is better than the EU writers?
Guess what, b***h?
Its not.
Its s**t.
Its worse than s**t.
To quote the ever colorful AVGN its Diharrea Dog s**t.

And where the ******** do you get the right to call Mara Jade a "Mary-Sue"?
You probably dont even know what the ******** that means.
If by Mary-Sue then you mean scene steeling Prima-donna, then I call bullshit. Mara's done no more mugging for attention than Han, Luke, Lando or Leia.
If by Mary-Sue you mean a Clishe ridden character, then surprise surprise you've just labeled three quarters of the Star Wars Characters, if not more.

Admit it. You suck as a writer and are jealous that someone else came up with the Character concepts you want to use in your own shitty works.

And about your "Nothing exists except the movies and clone wars cartoons" Bull s**t? Yeah ******** you. For years we didnt have any movies. We had the expanded universe. And Lucas' denial of them as he wishes is just an example of the greedy, self centered pig he has become.
The EU kept Star Wars alive. Dont respect it and I have no reason to respect you.
Now take a suitless spacewalk.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:33 am
I hate Windows Updates.

Okay, so it wants me to install Service Pack 3.

I do.

It takes over an hour.

It also re-enables the mother of all annoyances on this PC that I can't remember how to disable.

That being: It automatically DLs and installs any available updates. If any of those updates requires a restart, it will give me a message box with a 5 minute timer asking to restart. If I don't say " Remind Me Later " it'll kill everything I'm doing and reboot on its own when the timer reaches 0.

Even after clicking " Remind Me Later " it only goes away for another 5 minutes, then comes back up, timer and all. So now, I gotta go through all Hell again just to find out how to disable it from doing that and restoring the settings I had prior to this.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:19 pm
There is only one thing standing in my way to beating KotOR 2.
The goddamn ******** pissstained assfaced Greater ******** Shadow Beast.
This piece of s**t will ******** one hit me and kill me.
I force boost the hell out myself, put on a good mele shield, and then go to thwack this ******** my big ol lightsaber, but every ******** time I get close he gives me a one two before I can make good my escape.
I hate this ******** with a passion.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:04 pm
I'm not a huge smoker or anything, mind you, I do enjoy the occasional cigars. And when I do, i enjoy them alot.

But now PA has passed a "Clean Indoor Air Act" which bans all smoking indoors and in public places. WHAT. THE. HELL. And on top of that, it bans all smoking on college campuses. These are our homes. We live here. You cannot ban smoking.
Even non-smokers know its a violation of our rights as Americans.

I'm about to go Ghandi, MLKjr, (and every other political figure) and protest the hell out of this bullcrap.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:50 am
I have a message to the vast majority of the ******** YOU.

You sign up but dont ever bother posting. I see you once claiming how much you love Star Wars and begging to be let in, but then I never see you again.

And for that, for you ******** lurkers and join-&-forget-ers I want you to fornicate yourselves with iron rods.
And then beat yourselves to death with them.

Anyone who has at least 1 post to their name in this guild, people who have contributed to the guild in the form of currency, I thank you for at least being better to the ******** who pay the bare guild entry fee and never post again.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:47 am
This will be a rant, based upon ideas and annoyances. The contents of the message below will be whited out for the sake of letting others understand the need for protection. Reading this may very well change your entire perspection. Any thoughts, emotions, or otherwise which result from this stands as predominantly your own personal offense, which at this time, is unwilling by me to give a shaft.

I am generally annoyed at events like last night. The reason? It is because of things like last night which makes me lack the trust and respect for people to become moderators in this guild.

I don't mind a little grabass, but when situations arise which we begin the two-camp war, where two figureheads become so stereotypically created and at a pair of sides which cannot agree, or the situation becomes dangerously segretory, I become awfully annoyed. See, I take great pride in my job, which is to prevent any from of major dispute from ever happening again. The situation between CW and cale is a perfect example of bullshit which should never have happened if the moderators had been able to perform their jobs properly.

Why? There are times when people ******** up. But rarely do these problems ever exist because a single person screwed up; usually it is a mixture of deeper seated problems which involve both parties to blame. This all centers on the single unifying concept of maturity. Specifically the maturity to handle a situation responsibly, and admitting to problems when things get out of hand.

So why am I so pissed? It is because I find myself, and to some extent DA, stuck in the situation of having to take a neutral side to it all, and hurt everyone. I'm usually the only person that seems to be able to sit here and not get influenced by stupid emotions, and see this crap. I get stuck as the only person with a neutral opinion, or an opinion based upon logic. I have to hurt my friends that bicker because they cant.... no, not cant. They won't have the sense of decency of admitting they screwed up. They play for keeps. They play for blood. And if two of my friends get into a hostile situation, especially when ganged up upon or a situation where there is a double or triple standard, it tears me up something fierce.

Perhaps what really gets me is the fact the people I choose for moderation are supposed to be people whom I trust to mediate arguments. Sorry Cale, you're a great moderator. You help offer ideas, help young people out, you keep active, and you're a dream compared to most of the rest of the mod squad. Whatever CW thinks of you as a person, as a mod, you're great 90% of the time. You still act like a d**k sometimes, and frankly, you know it, i know it, and I'm not concerned. we're all allowed to make mistakes. So the rest of this isn't any more concerning your duties.

However, the rest of you haven't really proven much to me that you guys are capable for a decent head on your shoulders. It's hard to get a replacement for anyone on the moderating staff because the combination of activity, level-headedness, and maturity have been nearly impossible to get in the right amounts. If you're active, and mature, chances are you're already a moderator. If you're thinking, well, i've been here a while, and I act like i know what i'm doing, guess what, you don't. A fair amout of peopl ewho are active seem to be perfect candidates for moderators are lulled because they simply dont' think for themselves. Yes, some of you sit there and try to brownnose others. Don't think i'm blind to the fact that you're no more than a dog to some people. And one of you reminds me of dorothy catalonia's speech, "you're not the dog. You're the tail that gets wagged." You're a ******** adult. Start acting like one, you ******** cowardly sack of asskiss. That's why you've never been promoted.

And I fear sometimes what happens if I would lose myself. Why do I get stuck as the neutral party? ALL THE TIME? Can't I get a chance to be the immature one every now and again? Some of you don't even like me, despite all the s**t I've done to try to be on the best of terms with you. ******** you.

I like this guild, and I'd be happy to spread it somewhere else if I could. Sadly, this guild has been around for four years, yet the heirarchy ahsn't really changed much. And it pisses me off that people dont' even try to make a bid for their status.. Maybe i'm taking things to personally, but I want to see an occasional change. Some fresh Ideas, rather than this turning into a simple watering hole...

Guys, do me a favor? Be friends, and let's not forget our childhood, but try to grow up a little? We're all pretty much adults by now. There's no reason why petty crap should happen and split us up.

The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games