Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Original Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:02 pm
Mercury33
Actually, if the kid had any sense, he would realize that the "old guy" is the same person you just saw under Vader's mask. And if they're going to replace Shaw, why not Guinness too?

cuz guiness actually had lines and was seen duri ng the OT

you see Shaw for all of two seconds  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:10 pm
I don't actually believe they should have replaced Guiness' ghost. I was using the fact that they didn't as an argument for not replacing Shaw. And he did have lines, he was the symbol of Anakin's redemption and, as such, he should be the one shown becoming one with the force.  

Mercury33

Mercury33

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:15 pm
Hey, Pheonix, do you realize that this thing you're arguing against is the exact same thing you complained about in Lucas Lightsaber?  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 1:18 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Mercury33
Actually, if the kid had any sense, he would realize that the "old guy" is the same person you just saw under Vader's mask. And if they're going to replace Shaw, why not Guinness too?

cuz guiness actually had lines and was seen duri ng the OT

you see Shaw for all of two seconds
well it all makes sence to me i mean anakin was scared horrably and the old guy chost was didnt make much sence  

NickCpointless

Mercury33

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:13 pm
I guess the biggest thing that bothers me just from a SW universe standpoint is that if Anakin's ghost looks so much younger than his age when he died, why not the same for Ben and Yoda?  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:48 pm
Mercury33
Hey, Pheonix, do you realize that this thing you're arguing against is the exact same thing you complained about in Lucas Lightsaber?

ph34r teh uber deb4ting skizzles  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:12 pm
Mercury33
I guess the biggest thing that bothers me just from a SW universe standpoint is that if Anakin's ghost looks so much younger than his age when he died, why not the same for Ben and Yoda?

I'd a spirit could make his manifestation look whatever age he wanted it too, and Ben and Yoda liked their old selves, I guess. Besides, that's how Luke knew them, and they wanted to be as reassuring to him as possible there.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 12:08 pm
Okay then, then why isn't Anakin in the form that Luke knew him as?  

Mercury33

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:50 pm
Mercury33
Okay then, then why isn't Anakin in the form that Luke knew him as?

That is the question, isn't it. *shrug* He never did physically look like the way his ghost appeared in the original RotJ, because of the scarring, and he certainly didn't want Luke to see that, so he went back to the last point at which he appeared "normal."  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 8:43 pm
Well, it seems that any physical damage done to your body wouldn't be transferred to your spirit, otherwise Qui-Gon's would have had a smoking hole, and Obi-wan's would have been in two halves. But until the DVD change, it seemed that your spirit was whatever age it was when you died. This was backed up by the EU when Anakin appeared to Leia in Truce at Bakura as an old man, when she had no point of reference.  

Mercury33

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:00 pm
you're right, TaB had him as an old man..

Which brings me to my next point.

Don't you think that Lucasbooks should edit the EU so that it makes sense.

Like Vader not using lightning in Splinter of the Mind's Eye, and I don't know whatr actually goes down in the Black Fleet Crisis but doesn't Luke search for his mother in it?  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:22 pm
Yes but it turns out that the person who told him about his mother lied to him, so they wrap that up. And although changing the EU to fit the movies makes sense in theory, in reality it would probably end up as fake and pathetic as Greedo shooting first. Plus, almost every reference to the Clone Wars would be affected. All references to the clone wars involved humans fighting an "evil clone army" when the movie army fights only droids and evil people until they turn, and even then, they only turn on the Jedi. In my opinion it's better to accept everything as possible, unless there are direct conflicts. In that case, you simply accept the movies as fact, since GL is the ultimate authority.  

Mercury33

Mercury33

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 11:46 pm
I'm think everyone here knows about "un-Wedge" in aNH. For those who don't, I'm talking about the pilot that Luke talks to in the briefing room right before the Battle of Yavin. Does anyone know how the rumor startd that he was Wedge? I mean, it has so much credibility that his picture was on the "Wedge Antilles" card in the CCG.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 10:16 am
Mercury33
I'm think everyone here knows about "un-Wedge" in aNH. For those who don't, I'm talking about the pilot that Luke talks to in the briefing room right before the Battle of Yavin. Does anyone know how the rumor startd that he was Wedge? I mean, it has so much credibility that his picture was on the "Wedge Antilles" card in the CCG.

The character was meant to be Wedge. The Wedge actor, Denis Lawson, was sick or something that day, so they used a look-alike, and edited Lawson's voice in later.  

Durza the Shade

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 11:03 am
i never notced  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games