Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply SCA Guild
You might be in the SCA if.... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felix OFlyn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:22 pm
If you owen your own set of dishes befor you have your own place.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:52 pm
harukitsune
[Atropa Belladonna]
Envase
You know you might be in the SCA if...

...You go to a Ren Fair and think to your self every five sec. "But they didn't even have that! I can't even think of a time period to which it fits the bill!"

alternately, you go to ren faire wishing there weren't peace ties between you and the fairies.

I swear one day I'm going to run out of patience with the fantasy kids who drag their wings and pointed ears into the sca... and I'm gonna get some trophies too!

i agree with you but the worst thing i've seen is actual goths at pennsic
Why? Goths are period.  

[Atropa Belladonna]

[Atropa Belladonna]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:54 pm
You know you've had a hard war when you're sick for several days afterward.

My mom never could figure out why I liked the SCA when I always came home sick. Sometimes it's dehydration. Sometimes it's lack of sleep. Sometimes it's sharing horns with 50 people. And sometimes... just sometimes... it's a really nasty concussion. Those ******** hammers should be banned.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:44 am
[Atropa Belladonna]
harukitsune
[Atropa Belladonna]
Envase

...You go to a Ren Fair and think to your self every five sec. "But they didn't even have that! I can't even think of a time period to which it fits the bill!"

alternately, you go to ren faire wishing there weren't peace ties between you and the fairies.

I swear one day I'm going to run out of patience with the fantasy kids who drag their wings and pointed ears into the sca... and I'm gonna get some trophies too!

Why? Goths are period.

Ancient Goth= nation that sacked Rome. Modern Goth= wannabe vampires who pretend grape juice is blood and wear white clown make up.

ahem. You know you're in the SCA when someone says jewelry, and you think of an awesome dagger with jeweled hilt you're lusting after.  

Anghared Starwing

Generous Shapeshifter

6,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Forum Regular 100

Naito_Mitsukai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:42 am
Orissia
[Atropa Belladonna]
harukitsune
[Atropa Belladonna]
Envase

Why? Goths are period.

Ancient Goth= nation that sacked Rome. Modern Goth= wannabe vampires who pretend grape juice is blood and wear white clown make up.

ahem. You know you're in the SCA when someone says jewelry, and you think of an awesome dagger with jeweled hilt you're lusting after.

@ the modern goth comment - I resent that having goth friends, because that's a VERY VERY unfair generalization. Your basing that comment on the worste of the wannabes! sweatdrop

@ the jewelry comment - "But I really DID think you were talking about that jeweled dagger that I want sweatdrop .... there's another kind of jewelry?" eek  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:12 am
[Atropa Belladonna]
harukitsune
[Atropa Belladonna]
Envase

Why? Goths are period.

like the woe is me kinda goths  

harukitsune

ShadowDruid

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:51 pm
Most goths I know are goths because they wish to express a believe/style/whatever, not because they want to be vampires!
That is unjust and unfair. That is like saying SCAers are insane people
who wish to take society back to the medieval ages, COMPLETE with
ALL the bad things about the Middle Ages.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:42 pm
ShadowDruid
Most goths I know are goths because they wish to express a believe/style/whatever, not because they want to be vampires!

there are ppl who say that  

harukitsune

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:40 pm
Orissia

SCAdian=wannabe fair maiden who pretends grape juice is wine and wears white clown makeup. If they're Elizabethian.

And we know we're awesome, and have fun with what we're doing. I don't see why they shouldn't, though admittedly not at SCA events.

Just sayin'.

harukitsune
ShadowDruid

Yes, but they're simply wrong.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:49 am
Kittywitch
Orissia

SCAdian=wannabe fair maiden who pretends grape juice is wine and wears white clown makeup. If they're Elizabethian.

And we know we're awesome, and have fun with what we're doing. I don't see why they shouldn't, though admittedly not at SCA events.

Just sayin'.

BEST POST EVER!! xd Kittywitch I officially love you!! rofl  

Naito_Mitsukai

harukitsune

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:07 am
Kittywitch
Orissia

Just sayin'.

harukitsune
ShadowDruid

Yes, but they're simply wrong.

EXACTLY!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:17 am
I know people say that, and of course they are wrong. SCAers are no
crazier than anyone else, well, mostly, I think.  

ShadowDruid

[Atropa Belladonna]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:28 pm
Orissia
[Atropa Belladonna]
harukitsune
[Atropa Belladonna]
Envase

Why? Goths are period.

I know... I meant to be making a joke.

I have a lot of respect for the barbarian goths.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:34 pm
Naito_Mitsukai
Kittywitch
Orissia

Just sayin'.

Aw, I'm touched. Really. And not just in the head.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

harukitsune

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:33 am
Kittywitch
Naito_Mitsukai
Kittywitch
Orissia

Just sayin'.

Aw, I'm touched. Really. And not just in the head.

Head shot! i call light  
SCA Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 26 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces