Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Hangar Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:08 pm
Didn't the howlrunner exist before that?b  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:09 pm
well it might have been around for thrawn, but I doubt earlier than that.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:11 pm
oh.
DIdnt thrawn use Preybirds?  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:13 pm
no, that was one of Talon Karrde's friends. Preybirds have been around since pre Battle of Yavin  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 4:40 pm
oh i see.

as for the whole Bevel lemelisk thing, I have the answer.:

Raith Sienar had his idea but Commander Wilhuff Tarkin stole the idea, and Raith let it go for some odd reason. Sienar's wasnt supposed to be a battlestaion.

Meanwhile, the Geonosians came up with some ideas for a battlestation of considerable fire-power. When the Empire came to power, Grand Moff Tarkin decided to combine the best element's of both stations, and comissioned Bevel Lemelisk and whatnot to design and have it built.  
PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 11:21 am
ggod ehough for the girls I go with.*glaces at the bouncy Twi'leks he's surrounded by* Yep. that it is.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:07 pm
FrozenPhoenix32

Raith Sienar had his idea but Commander Wilhuff Tarkin stole the idea, and Raith let it go for some odd reason. Sienar's wasnt supposed to be a battlestaion.

Meanwhile, the Geonosians came up with some ideas for a battlestation of considerable fire-power. When the Empire came to power, Grand Moff Tarkin decided to combine the best element's of both stations, and comissioned Bevel Lemelisk and whatnot to design and have it built.

That's what I was going to say.

And as for your small-then-big-then-small debates, whoever said the ARC-170 was based off the Headhunter, then the X-wing was based off the ARC?

The X-wing was based off both the Z-95 and the ARC-170, which are otherwise completely separate ships.

Cale Darksun
Perhaps the x-wing is the conglomeration of the z-95's balance of speed and toughness with the Arc-170's impresive weapons payload and computing capacity.

I like that idea.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 1:22 pm
its all about compromise.  

Sol Walker
Crew

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 7:07 pm
yes it is, you likey?  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:22 pm
like what?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 5:21 pm
Durza the Shade
FrozenPhoenix32

That's what I was going to say.

And as for your small-then-big-then-small debates, whoever said the ARC-170 was based off the Headhunter, then the X-wing was based off the ARC?

The X-wing was based off both the Z-95 and the ARC-170, which are otherwise completely separate ships.

Cale Darksun
Perhaps the x-wing is the conglomeration of the z-95's balance of speed and toughness with the Arc-170's impresive weapons payload and computing capacity.

I like that idea.

i'd like it too, if:

1) the ARC-170 wasn't classified as a fighter
2) if one ship looks like another ship looks like another ship, it's a given that they're based off one another. the x wing looks a lot like the Z-95. but what strikes me as uncanny is the coloration of the ARC. and the shape of the wings. They're stubbier, and there's another two, but they look a lot alike. What doesn't make sense is the size. For something so large, it should have more firepower. It wouldn't need defensive guns if it was a smaller fighter, And if it was a smaller fighter, it could still retain basically the most important amount of firepower.

i dunno how much y'all are into progressive mechanical development, but... it really doesn't make any sense at all. you have the Z-95. like the X wing, minus 1 set of wings and hyperdrive. all of a sudden, you have this huge a** ship with the same operational capacity. It looks like the Z-95, but bigger. unnescessarily so. and with... oy! DEFENSIVE GUNS! WHY?!?! it's just... the ARC technical design is just outright stupid. it's a downward advancement in technology. it just doesn't make any sense. i dunno, maybe... i dunno. it's just... GRR!

and another thing, that still doesn't explain how the X wing could be made and sold to the rebellion while Incom was independant when it was attatched to what was essentially the empire all along!  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 6:12 pm
All I know is that If you play Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, the Z-95 is considered the precursor to the Xwing...

Not no damn ARC-170 that's the size of a battleship..

The ARC is almost a friggin assult cruiser more than a fighter....  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:18 pm
exactly. i mean, the whole issue physically hurts me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:28 pm
Sith Intersepter.....Any one know any thing about them?  

Oryo Prime

Motorider333

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 7:54 pm
ignore  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 125 126 127 128 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games