Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 4:38 pm
which is doubly symbolic, because it's saying the evil man that was Vader was being burned away, and the dark-side-aligned, mortal, crude needs of the flesh no longer held any sway on Anakin.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 7:19 pm
Well, the explanation for Anakin makes sense, but I still satand by the question about Qui-Gon.  

Mercury33

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:47 pm
I still stand by my theory that those that died accepting death fade away.

Qui-Gon never saw it coming.

The only loophole here is my favorite the one and only Anakin Solo..which may hint at his return if im right..  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:01 pm
FrozenPhoenix32

The only loophole here is my favorite the one and only Anakin Solo..which may hint at his return if im right..

while spriritual visits seem common in the star wars universe.. i haven't seen much in the way of ressurection. I could be wrong though  

TaylaEwa

6,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:16 pm
FrozenPhoenix32

That makes sense to me. Anakin Solo is the only exception I can think of. Off the top of my head, both Nejaa Halcyon and that Twi'lek Jedi from Stackpole's NJO books accepted their death before fading away.  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:32 pm
exactly.

AND I SWEAR in one book it described someone as a resurrected being of the Krath Death Witches. I think it was I,Jedi.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 3:41 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
exactly.

AND I SWEAR in one book it described someone as a resurrected being of the Krath Death Witches. I think it was I,Jedi.

I don't remember that.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:17 pm
Durza the Shade
FrozenPhoenix32
exactly.

I don't remember that.

you probably wouldnt, it was very minor.

and it didnt say they WERE a ressurected being, just that they looked like one.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Mercury33

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 4:27 pm
I don't remember the Krath coming up in I, Jedi. Well, I can't remember too many more dying Jedi, but I'm going to go to the comics universe for a question. Now, this goes against Qui-Gon inventing immortality, but it's always possible that it became a lost art or something: In the "Redemption" comic, Ulic Qel-Droma (apprentice to the Sith Lord Exar Kun for those who don't remember) is shot in the back and dies. When he dies, he fades away. I'm not even going to get into the fact that Ulic couldn't touch the force, but something tells me that when he died, he hadn't accepted his death.  
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2005 9:10 pm
Mercury33
I don't remember the Krath coming up in I, Jedi. Well, I can't remember too many more dying Jedi, but I'm going to go to the comics universe for a question. Now, this goes against Qui-Gon inventing immortality, but it's always possible that it became a lost art or something: In the "Redemption" comic, Ulic Qel-Droma (apprentice to the Sith Lord Exar Kun for those who don't remember) is shot in the back and dies. When he dies, he fades away. I'm not even going to get into the fact that Ulic couldn't touch the force, but something tells me that when he died, he hadn't accepted his death.

did he even see the shot coming?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Mercury33

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:13 am
No, he had just convinced That Cat-Woman from the Tales of the Jedi (I can't remember her name and don't feel like looking it up) that he was good. As soon as she agreed to stop fighting, he was literally shot in the back by a freighter pilot. Without the Force, there was no way he could've seen it coming.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 12:18 am
idea Here's a mystery that could probably be debated forever:
If the Emperor has all these cool cloning tanks, why not clone Vader?  

Mercury33

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:28 pm
Mercury33

And then transfer his spirit over, like he did to Bevel Lemelisk. Good question. I don't think that one's ever going to be solved. Perhaps the Emperor feared a fully human Vader for some reason? He did say Vader would end up more powerful than either him or Yoda.

Out of universe, of course, Darth Vader's armor came into being when the Clone Wars were nothing more than two words.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:38 pm
Durza the Shade
Mercury33

And then transfer his spirit over, like he did to Bevel Lemelisk. Good question. I don't think that one's ever going to be solved. Perhaps the Emperor feared a fully human Vader for some reason? He did say Vader would end up more powerful than either him or Yoda.

Out of universe, of course, Darth Vader's armor came into being when the Clone Wars were nothing more than two words.

Because, apparently, Vader's Force abilities dropped after his injury, making him apparently(but obviously not) not dangerous to the Emperor. Remember, Sith slaughter their Masters to become the master, and Vader would have done it immediately should he have been human.

Question: Do we ever find out who the hell Sifo-Diyas was?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:59 pm
You did read Labyrinth of Evil, didn't you, FP? It explains that, too. I was expecting something about it in RotS, true, and it's a bit of a letdown after all the suspense. Anyway, Sifo-Dyas had been one of Dooku's friends among the Jedi, and his confidant in the matter of the growing dark side. Later, after Dooku had met with Sidious, Sidious told him that Sifo-Dyas had placed the order for the clone army without the knowledge of the council. The army could stay, but Sifo-Dyas could not, so that the Jedi did not learn about the army too early. So Dooku killed Sifo-Dyas, and so became Darth Tyranus.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games