Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:07 pm
Yet they can't block a vibrosword?

Even Lucas doesn't make a mistake like that. I'm just trying to figure out how a jedi even stands a chance against these people. I mean, NFUs are slaughtered unless they're in an army, and all force users can't use their best weapon. And the Raporans are immune to force attacks anyway, so the only thing I see defeating them is the weakest of characters.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:10 pm
Nelowulf
Yet they can't block a vibrosword?

Even Lucas doesn't make a mistake like that. I'm just trying to figure out how a jedi even stands a chance against these people. I mean, NFUs are slaughtered unless they're in an army, and all force users can't use their best weapon. And the Raporans are immune to force attacks anyway, so the only thing I see defeating them is the weakest of characters.

delicious irony.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:14 pm
Though, since they are plasma-based, that makes them even more susceptable to one of the weapons I originally planned on putting on the PSD. So i can't really b***h.

Though its designed for use against blasters, at least the plasma pistols run off the energy the weapon negates. Though i have to somehow scale it down from a capital-ship weapon to a personal weapon in Ferno's arsenal, so it won't appear in this episode. But it will provide an explanation to the eventual changing role from pure assassin to battlefield weapon.

I could speed things up, but it means I have to steal my character's technological advances in LoP. Rook has the same setup on the saboteur.

Anyhoo, how'd you guys like the trial run of the Nightmare gun?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:17 pm
I dunno. I'd have to go back and look.
Thats in legacy right?  

Sol Walker
Crew

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:41 pm
*looks*

Nelo: Pretty nasty thing, that.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:52 am
those plasma gun stats make my brain hurt...

blasters /are/ plasma guns >____________<  

Alianna Naviri

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:12 am
Wait....
Blasters shoot energy bolts at the speed of light right?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:25 am
*nod*

blasters shoot bolts of energy that are niether lasers nor physical projectiles. they are classified as 'plasma,' essentially, a superfocused laser-matrix with augmented beam energizing capacity. where as a laser has a few lenses and either solid or gas fuel to energize the beam, a blaster has both solids (blaster crystal) and gas beam energizers, which are focused through channels similar to fiber-optic cables. also, the power pack provides much more energy, and apparently the blaster beam has proportionally more power to heat ratio than a laser.

the reson we know it's plasma is that lightsabers essentially work in the same way, except they contain the plasma beam in a recursive loop, focused and contained by a magnetic field (this is the only logical explanation for their method of functioning). a lightsaber is basically a blaster that saves energy by reflecting the beam back on itself, creating a loop that can continue indefinately until the loop is broken by an object, and more of the energy bolt must be supplied.

phew!  

Alianna Naviri

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:26 am
so if it moves at light speed, how can jedi block it?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:26 am
magic.

specifically, industrial light and magic. x3  

Alianna Naviri

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:31 am
Thats a bull s**t answer.
If a blaster bolt moves at the speed of light, even a jedi cant block it.
They may be fast but even Yoda isnt that fast.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:35 am
that's true. but star wars is filled with technological inconsistencies. often due to bloopers, or just bad checking over, plus that fact that Lucas never really cared to establish a scientific rationale behind everything. to him it was about a personal magic, so it's natural Jedi would be skilled enough to react at the speed of light.

it's also a film effect. when han's head moved in the DVD edition of ANH, it still looked wrong. but that's the kinda reflexes he'd need to dodge that bolt. if lightsaber deflection was done at that rate, your eyes would explode.  

Alianna Naviri

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:37 am
Feh. screw you. I still say blaster bolts move slower than light.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:39 am
on screen yes, but according to established 'star wars science,' no...
i don't see why you should be surprised... same thing as sound in space. if you remember gundam, the colonies could visibly be seen rotating. that's physically impossible at necessary speeds, but their rotation rate was sped up so a viewer could see visible evidence of its rotation.  

Alianna Naviri

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:44 am
So then Cale and every person in star wars who has never been on film but has dodged a bolt is dead.
Fun fun.

So now that you've sucked all the fun out of roleplaying in a universe with laser guns, you should be thrilled to know that FP cleared your profile so you can post in Legacy.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 178 179 180 181 182 183 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games