Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:09 pm
User Image
Bowtan Tora Hirano
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Unsorted First Year
Half Blood Eleven Year Old

User Image
                                                  Location : Great Hall - Sorting (2061)
                                                  Company : The whole school... First years... and a Magic hat !

The ride over was exactly how Bowtan expected it to be. Boring in every sense of the word. She was practically jumping out of her seat by the time they got to Hogsmeade station. Course she had to change into her uniform which she scowled at before hopping to it. Why did they have to wear a skirt? It was annoying but at least she could hide a pair of shorts underneath, and no one would be the wiser. She also didn’t like the whole boat ride across the lake thing… Why must she be subjected to deep dark water right off the bat. At least the worst was over right?

Getting to the great hall, Bowtan was super excited and yet super nervous. Enter all eyes were on them and it was super cool to finally be in the school. Now to find out what house she’d be in. As she waited for her name to be called, she watched as others went before. These were her classmates, her new potential friends. Bowtan planned on making friends. “Bowtan Hirano!” Jumping at the sound of her name, Bowtan headed to the stool and took a seat. ‘Okay… so dad was in Gryffindor and mum was in Hufflepuff. I think my aunt was in Slytherin… Not sure how you think about me…’ She thought glancing around the room. “Where do I get to be?” She questioned trying not to fidget in the seat.

OOC :

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

■ BRAVE Bowtan isn’t one to let her fears get in the way. She’ll go head long into any kind of danger if it means something fun is on the other side. After all you got to live a little to get a little. Perhaps it's a little reckless at times but what fun would life be if you didn't have a little adventure.
                                                      ■ OUTGOING She’s always got a good amount of get up and go. Doesn't matter what it is, so long as she's part of the action. Always willing to strike up a conversation with someone nearby. If it means making a friend its totally worth it.
                                                      ■ DETERMINED Bowtan isn’t the type to give up. She’ll put her best foot forward until she gets where she wants to be. Nothing will stop her as far as she’s concerned. This can certainly lead to some frustrations as attempts go on however.
                                                      ■ POSITIVE Luckily she's 100% positive about life. Always happy and always hopeful. The bad won’t bring down the good when it comes to Bowtan. It’s not worth sweating the little things. Sometimes you just need to approach things differently.
                                                      ■ COMPASSIONATE Bowtan cares about others first and foremost. She loves helping others and tends to consider how her actions might make others feel. All and all she’s got a big heart and would try her best for anyone.
                                                      ■ IMPATIENT Although she thinks of others, Bowtan can also be very impatient at times. In fact, she tends to act without thinking quite often then not. Her get up and go attitude tends to mean she doesn’t like to take things slow. In fact, sitting idle is the bane of her existence or at least that’s what it feels like. It just means she struggles to see some of the smaller details more often than not.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:11 pm
User Image

murruelecreuset
User Image
Bowtan Tora Hirano
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Unsorted First Year
Half Blood Eleven Year Old

User Image
                                                  Location : Great Hall - Sorting (2061)
                                                  Company : The whole school... First years... and a Magic hat !

The ride over was exactly how Bowtan expected it to be. Boring in every sense of the word. She was practically jumping out of her seat by the time they got to Hogsmeade station. Course she had to change into her uniform which she scowled at before hopping to it. Why did they have to wear a skirt? It was annoying but at least she could hide a pair of shorts underneath, and no one would be the wiser. She also didn’t like the whole boat ride across the lake thing… Why must she be subjected to deep dark water right off the bat. At least the worst was over right?

Getting to the great hall, Bowtan was super excited and yet super nervous. Enter all eyes were on them and it was super cool to finally be in the school. Now to find out what house she’d be in. As she waited for her name to be called, she watched as others went before. These were her classmates, her new potential friends. Bowtan planned on making friends. “Bowtan Hirano!” Jumping at the sound of her name, Bowtan headed to the stool and took a seat. ‘Okay… so dad was in Gryffindor and mum was in Hufflepuff. I think my aunt was in Slytherin… Not sure how you think about me…’ She thought glancing around the room. “Where do I get to be?” She questioned trying not to fidget in the seat.

OOC :

■ BRAVE Bowtan isn’t one to let her fears get in the way. She’ll go head long into any kind of danger if it means something fun is on the other side. After all you got to live a little to get a little. Perhaps it's a little reckless at times but what fun would life be if you didn't have a little adventure.
                                                      ■ OUTGOING She’s always got a good amount of get up and go. Doesn't matter what it is, so long as she's part of the action. Always willing to strike up a conversation with someone nearby. If it means making a friend its totally worth it.
                                                      ■ DETERMINED Bowtan isn’t the type to give up. She’ll put her best foot forward until she gets where she wants to be. Nothing will stop her as far as she’s concerned. This can certainly lead to some frustrations as attempts go on however.
                                                      ■ POSITIVE Luckily she's 100% positive about life. Always happy and always hopeful. The bad won’t bring down the good when it comes to Bowtan. It’s not worth sweating the little things. Sometimes you just need to approach things differently.
                                                      ■ COMPASSIONATE Bowtan cares about others first and foremost. She loves helping others and tends to consider how her actions might make others feel. All and all she’s got a big heart and would try her best for anyone.
                                                      ■ IMPATIENT Although she thinks of others, Bowtan can also be very impatient at times. In fact, she tends to act without thinking quite often then not. Her get up and go attitude tends to mean she doesn’t like to take things slow. In fact, sitting idle is the bane of her existence or at least that’s what it feels like. It just means she struggles to see some of the smaller details more often than not.

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
Where do you get to be indeed?
With such a wonderful personality
There's only one place for you!
Follow your father's footsteps in...

GRYFFINDOR!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 9:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Hogwarts - Great Hall
xxxWʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? The whole school!
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? The Sorting Ceremony
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? A wonderful group we've got!

Another year, another new batch of students. Phoebe met Obie at the docks, then the group walked altogether into the building. She spoke calmly to the new first years, knowing the big feelings the first few days always brought about. Everything was new and could be quite frightening, but she hoped to quell as many fears as she could. Once they were ready, she spoke to them in the antechamber. "Alright, my dears. Just on the other side of this door is the Great Hall, where we will begin the Sorting Ceremony. Don't worry, it won't be anything to fret over. Nice and simple, and I'll be there the whole way. You'll be sorted into one of four houses. Gryffindor, which values bravery and just action; Ravenclaw, where wisdom and creativity shine; Slytherin, where the cunning and determined thrive; or Hufflepuff, which is the one I preside over, houses those that are hardworking and true. Now. If we're all ready, lets see where you beautiful souls will be sorted."

Pushing open the doors, Phoebe led the new first years up the central aisle, a smattering of applause all around. Toward the front, she gestured for them to stop, then stepped up to the podium. "Good evening, and welcome to Hogwarts. Whether today is your first day or the first day of your final year, I am so, so happy to see you all. It is going to be a beautiful year, I can tell! So let's get the Sorting Ceremony underway, then Headmaster Steele has a few words. And that is followed by our lovely feast! So without further adieu..."

She stepped over beside the stool, grabbing an intricate golden scroll. From there, she began reading off the first years, one by one, as they were sorted with great care.

{{Wearing :: Fancy Duds}}
Fᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋɴᴇss, ɢᴜɪᴅᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴀ ʙᴇᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ
I ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇɴᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʀᴛ
Tʜᴇʏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ I'ᴍ ᴛᴏᴏ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴛᴏ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ
Tʜᴇʏ sᴀʏ I'ᴍ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
Wᴇʟʟ ʟɪғᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴘᴀss ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ɪғ I ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇs, ᴡᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ғɪɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴍᴇ
Sᴏ ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟʟ ᴏᴠᴇʀ, ᴡʜᴇɴ I'ᴍ ᴡɪsᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ
Aʟʟ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ I ᴡᴀs ғɪɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴍʏsᴇʟғ ᴀɴᴅ I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴋɴᴏᴡ I ᴡᴀs ʟᴏsᴛ

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 10:00 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogwarts!!
xxxWʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Lewis, Rosa, and a zillion other people!
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Getting Sorted?
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why'd my ears break?!

So far, so good. He'd survived the world's longest train ride AND the rickety boats... but now he was in a ginormous castle. Mea was really, really happy that Nain had sent along a map. Without that, he was certain he'd be lost immediately. He stood close beside Rosa as they navigated the halls, before the teacher spoke up again. His hearing aids were a little squealy, but he wasn't sure why. They really only did that right before they broke, but they'd charged them up only that morning! There was no way Mum would have given him out batteries!

He realized he'd missed most of the little pep-talk due to the sound, but figured he'd find out with everyone else. Not like Nain hadn't told him what to expect (though that was mostly due to Mam saying he'd have to fight all 4 of the house animals and whichever he defeated was the house he'd belong to...), but it was still different in person. When the doors opened, the sharp sound in his head got both louder and sharper, causing him to stumble and clutch the sides of his head. He caused a small traffic delay, feet simply refusing to move forward while his brain was being exploded to mush.

He heard some garbled talking, then felt hands settle on top of his. Peeking up, he saw Lewis kneeling in front of him. Carefully moving his hands, Lewis clicked the volume off on the external hardware. After making sure he was being watched, he signed carefully, "Hey, you okay? Did they get too loud? It's really loud in here sometimes." Mea nodded sniffling softly. His cousin gently wiped away tears that Mea hadn't known to be there, a small smile on his face. "Hey, don't worry. I'll translate everything tonight, then we'll go see the nurse, okay? She's amazing and can fix your ears right away."

Mea leaned into his cousin, watching the older boy sign what was happening. After the Professor's speech, he finger-spelled the names of all the students, then signed their houses. Meallan felt a growing excitement (alongside terror) as his own name got closer. "You're up. Let's do this." Lewis stood up, sending a grin. He had to be able to watch. "Come with me? Please, Lewis?" It was a quick decision, but it also seemed like the older boy didn't have a though about it. Instead he offered a hand for Mea to take and he walked him up to the front before crouching down again. Mea nodded, hurrying up to the very front and sat down where Professor Clarke directed. "Please, Sorting Hat, please, please put me with family. Either with Rosa or Lewis, I don't mind, but I really don't want to be alone. I'd be so happy to be anywhere, as long as family is there. Um... I don't know if I'll be able to hear you... but thank you."

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxGʀᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ:
                                                              Mea is fully aware that the world is a bit crazy. He tries to remember that no matter what happens, everything will be okay. He uses this outlook to get through the days and keep his head on.

xxxxxAᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴏᴜs:
                                                              Mea loves to explore, especially in natural environments. Unfortunately... he’s far better at getting lost than he is getting found.

xxxxxCᴜʀɪᴏᴜs:
                                                              Mea is a very hands-on type learner. He loves to investigate things to figure out how they work. This is especially true in outdoor environments, where he can get his hands dirty as he investigates nature.

xxxxxLᴏᴠɪɴɢ:
                                                              It’s hard to find a creature alive that Meallan doesn’t love. This especially extends to people, who he’s good at seeing the core of good within.

xxxxxTɪᴍɪᴅ:
                                                              Despite believing in the good of all people, Meallan is pretty freaked out by talking to them. Sometimes it takes a bit to gather enough courage to go talk to people he doesn’t know.

xxxxxRᴇsᴛʟᴇss:
                                                              Meallan hates trying to sit still. He’s always got the wiggles, and loves to be up and moving. The only exception to this rule is when he’s getting really sleepy, then all he wants is to curl up and rest.

{{Wearing :: Uniform}}
          Yukina101

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          I ʙᴏᴜɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅʀᴜᴍ! I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ғᴜʟʟ ᴏғ ʜᴏ-ʜᴜᴍ!
          I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴ'?
          I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴇ ᴀᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅʀᴜᴍ
          Exᴛʀᴀ, ᴇxᴛʀᴀ, ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ! I'ᴍ ᴇxᴛʀᴀ, ᴇxᴛʀᴀ
          Tʜᴇ ᴋɪᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴋɪᴅs ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛᴏ
          I ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ sᴇᴀᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜs
          I'ᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ᴍᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴ ᴜs
          "Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴛᴇɴ, I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ", ʜᴀ
          Tʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ! I ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ᴍᴇ, ʏᴏ
          I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ᴛᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ I ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 10:14 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♥ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall - Hogwarts
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Everyone!
xxxx♥ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting Ceremony
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wonder where I'll go?

It was finally time! Mika had been waiting for Hogwarts for a while. The biggest worry was that she'd be stepping away from family, but she was sure she'd be okay. After all, Eion had been a weird little guy in his first year, but he had oodles of friends now! She just had to get over her worries and she'd be okay. The train ride was interminable, but finally she had made it to school. All the first years walked to the boats in a little cluster, before splitting up to ride on little boats. Mika started to make friends with a girl named Wenn, which was really nice. Once in the school, she practically couldn't contain her excitement. Walking into the Great Hall was insanity! There was so much all around! She tried to keep her excitement under control, but when she heard her name, all that went out the window.

Mika practically skipped to the front, carefully avoiding one of the other first years with a very tall, not-a-first-year kid. Once at the front, she sat down, letting the hat sink over her eyes. A small grin touched her lips as she hoped to be sorted somewhere nice!

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxSᴋɪᴛᴛɪsʜ:
                                                            Thanks to her upbringing, Mika is extremely wary of new people, situations, and even animals. Anything that might be vaguely threatening must therefore be avoided. Unfortunately she seems to meet new people all the time.

xxxxxCʟɪɴɢʏ:
                                                            For the few people she trusts, Mika holds them close. Those people she sees as an icon of protection, and if she stays close, they’ll keep her safe. Well... usually.

xxxxxGᴇɴᴛʟᴇ:
                                                            Mika is determined to take care of the world around her. She uses careful hands and a loving heart to take care of everything she can. Part of this manifests in a joy with fixing whatever she is able.

xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                            Mika is incredibly smart, but she usually portrays this in art, photos, and sometimes other mediums. She loves taking broken things and assembling them in new ways, creating a new future.

xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ:
                                                            Mika has a crazy detailed memory, one which she doesn’t fully comprehend yet. She translates everything she remembers into knowledge for other fields, often spouting off facts she finds interesting.

xxxxxCᴀᴜᴛɪᴏᴜs:
                                                            “Trust your gut” applies very heavily to Mika, who has gotten really good at noticing warning signs for potential danger. Sure, she doesn’t really understand that she’s using context clues from her past, but she is highly perceptive. Any time she gets scared, her clingy traits take over and she hides with those she deems safe.

{{Wearing :: Uniform
          Cʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴇʏᴇs, ʀᴇʟᴀx ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ, ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ 1 ᴛᴏ 10 ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ
          Aʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴇɪɢʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Wᴀʏ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɪʀ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ғɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ғʀᴇᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʏ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ
          Aʟʟ ᴛʜɪs ɢʀᴀᴠɪᴛʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴜʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ɢᴏᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛs ʙᴜʀɴ ᴏᴜᴛ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ's ᴛɪᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ
          Bʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀ, sᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ!
          Fɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋᴇsᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ʙʀɪʟʟɪᴀɴᴛ ʟɪɢʜᴛ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴛɪᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ
          Bʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀ, sᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Bʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀ! Sʜɪɴᴇ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 10:36 pm
User Image

User Image

Jo quickly adjusted her lipstick, putting on the finishing touches. She had waited on the black lipstick until she was well and truly away from her parents. They weren't the biggest fans of the kick she was on and she frankly didn't want to deal with it. Now, she was here and they couldn't stop her. She was taking her first step toward becoming her own person. And it all started here. With the sorting.

Jo was feeling good, but anyone paying close enough attention would notice her fingers continually moving to drum against her new wand. It made for a good outlet. She was getting impatient but when her name was finally called (the joys of having a surname starting with V...) she took a deep breath, straightened her back, and made her way to the stool. She sat down relaxed her face. She was ready to make the most out of whatever was about to happen.

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AMBITIOUS Jo never wants to settle for less than exactly what she wants. She has a plan for what she wants and will do whatever she needs to to achieve it. She’s motivated by her goals and every action works toward them.
                                              REBELLIOUS Jo has a natural rebellious nature. She doesn’t want to go by the book, most especially her parents’ book. She is always comfortable doing her own thing and won’t immediately respect people just because they are in a position of authority.
                                              RESILIENT Jo doesn’t let anything stop her. She uses any challenges she faces as a stepping stone and won’t allow things to drag her down. If one plan doesn’t work, she’ll come up with another one without hesitation.
                                              CONFIDENT Jo knows herself very well. She knows what she wants, she knows what she’s good at, and no one’s opinion is going to change that. She doesn’t feel the need to please other people and it shows. She’s completely comfortable being who she is.
                                              HONEST One thing you can always be sure of with Jo is that you will get the truth from her. She speaks what’s on her mind and rarely has a filter. She’s fairly decent at not being outright rude, but if someone asks her opinion, she will share it without hesitation.
                                              PROTECTIVE Even though Jo can come off a bit rough, when she does make friends, she takes care of them fiercely. She will happily put herself in between a friend and danger, be it physical or emotional. She can’t stand the people she loves being hurt. She’s a defender by nature.

null

SherbertLemondrop

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 11:59 pm
Ayy, domino, flick and a drop and I see it all fall down
Shakin’ the world, magnitude makin' everything crumble like blah, blah
Okay, all that's left is dust, A.K.A. "The Bulldozer"
Right when everyone falls, they're crawling ’cause they can't help but follow

User Image
User Image

¸.•*xᙀᥒ⳽oɾtᥱᑯ ᖴɩɾ⳽t Ƴᥱᥲɾx¨*•.¸♪¸ xᙅᥱᥒtᥱɾ ᙅᖾɩꙆᑯx.•*¨*•.¸ xᕼoᑲᑲɩt Ꙇᥒtᥱɾᥒx♥¸.•*¨*•.¸

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ Rosa could not believe that it was finally-finally-happening. The train ride had brought immeasurable amounts of boredom and even the slight sugar rush she had after eating some of her uncle's treats couldn't help it pass quicker. Then there was the boat ride (how they made a boat ride across a lake where a KRAKKEN apparently lived boring she'll never know) then a slight hike up to the castle where they had all arrived to the final event. She had stuck close with Mea the entire time not really wanting her cousin out her eyesight while she unconsciously spun her ring dice anxiously as they began to file into a line. She noticed Mea become a bit fidgety and just thought he, like her, was still dealing with the sugar from earlier. But then he stopped in the middle of walking and began clutching his ears like he was in pain, a look she was unfortunately familiar with due to her family, and she immediately tried comforting him but unsure what exactly was happening. Luckily, Lewis had been paying close attention and helped Mea with his hearing aide which had apparently started acting strangely. Her brother stayed with them to act as a translator which was a good thing since Rosa's name got called pretty soon. She gave Mea a quick hug before going over to the stool and allowing the hat to be placed on her. "I know you're like an all knowing hat so I guess I gotta assume you know what you're doing. But still, it never hurts to ask...I just want them to like me. I don't really need a whole lot. Just don't make me the weird kid again."

◊ RESOURCEFUL Very little gets in the way of Rosa and what she's attempting to achieve. When her synethesia began to appear and her numbers appeared drastically different to those around her, she took to making a wheel to show and use her way of thinking. It has also helped with her and Wen's pranks on their older brother.
                                              ◊ ATTENTIVE Rosa makes sure to try and pay attention to the small things and little details. Everything doesn’t have to really match but its the thought that counts!
                                              ◊ HELPFUL She loves meeting and helping others, especially volunteering with her mum or uncles. If there's something she can do to help or elevate a friend, she'll do it almost no questions asked. She even carries a small bag around to help her dad and brother in case they become overwhelmed and a sewing kit for emergencies.
                                              ◊ TRUSTING Rosa honestly wants to believe the best in everyone she meets which automatically means she trusts nearly everything they say or tell her. This can-and has-led to some bad situations but seeing as they're not the majority, she usually discounts them in the grand scheme of things.
                                              ◊ WITTY As it happens when one is raised in a diverse eclectic household, Rosa has a sense of humor few understand or agree with. That does little to deter her and in fact spurs her on even more to find more ludicrous ways to tell or a story or euphemism (whether this is at the other's expense is yet to be determined).
                                              ◊ SELF CONSCIOUS Rosa has very rarely liked being the center of attention as she tends to keep to the side mostly to let others shine. She doesn't see herself as particularly good at anything to stand out so she'll keep things to herself or just never show them to others for fear of being judged. Where there are paintings or clay figurines being seen there are many many others that never saw the light outside a trash can and if she knows an answer to something, no she doesn't.

Spitting out a single joke makes everybody L-O-L
Think you can outdo me? Let me kick you out to somewhere else (Bye-bye)
I always try to do it one by one
But I know with just a single nod, I'm knocking over millions

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:08 am
User ImageUser Image
xx☀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx☼ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Literally everyone
xxxx☀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting!
xxxxx☼ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Wonder where I'll be!

Kavi was excited to be going to Hogwarts and finally joining his big brother at the magical school he'd heard so much about. Walking in with the other first years, he was just as amazed by all the sights and sounds as the other first years. When it came to Sorting, he was a little uneasy at the thought of everyone's eyes being on him, but he reminded himself that it would be a very quick thing and then he could join the table for whichever house he was placed in and that would be it. So he waited patiently for his name to be called before throwing a glance at his brother. Vikram gave him a thumbs up and Kavi smirked before returning the gesture. Moving up to the stool, Kavi took his seat and waited for the hat to be placed upon his head. The boy closed his eyes while he waited for the decision to be made for him as to where he was going to spend the next seven years.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxFriendly Great at talking to people, funny to a fault, and just a generally nice person to be around, Kavi doesn't have a problem with making and keeping friends. Everyone wants to be his friend.
                                                      xxxxxIntelligent It's not in necessarily a smart way, but Kavi retains a lot of facts about different things and also learns new skills pretty easily. He generally comes off sounding intelligent because he researches a lot of different topics.
                                                      xxxxxObservant Good at noticing things... It could be subtle changes in a person's demeanor to indicate they're angry or sad, or a book that's out of place on the shelf. He's great at finding the proverbial needle in a haystack.
                                                      xxxxxFollower Not usually one to be in the spotlight, Kavi prefers to be a follower rather than a leader. He's happy taking the subservient role and won't often speak out with new ideas.
                                                      xxxxxLoyal The kind of person you can count on, whether you need someone to help you move your furniture, someone you need to talk to, or someone to protect your secrets. You can trust that Kavi will be there to assist you.
                                                      xxxxxAthletic Having been a fan of playing football since he was a child, Kavi's developed a healthy love of all things sports. He enjoys going for runs and breaking a sweat.

Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ
          Yᴏᴜʀ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ, ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ, ғʀᴇᴇᴢᴇs ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴄᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sʜɪɴᴇs ғʀᴏᴍ ʏᴏᴜ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴡɪɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʀᴇᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ʜɪᴅᴇ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀsᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜsᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜɪs ғᴏᴏʟ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪɴ?
          Wᴇʟʟ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ, I'ᴍ ᴀ-ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
          I ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴛᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ᴡᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴ'
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴊᴜsᴛ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

AliceInWonderland0921
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:19 am
User ImageUser Image
xx✿ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? The whole school
xxxx✿ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting time!
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Hope I get a view!

Walking into the Great Hall, Morwenna was impressed with the ceiling and recalled everything her parents had told her about the school, thinking that seeing it herself was better than hearing about it. Looking around at everyone sitting at their tables watching them, Wenn waved at anyone she made eye contact with. Looking back up to the podium, she idly hoped that wherever she got placed had a decent view. She always liked the idea of a bird's eye view and she thought back to Isolde, who was still at home for this year. She missed her bird, but her best friend would join her at Hogwarts next year so the girl was okay with that, at least. When she heard her name get called, Morwenna made her way up to the stool. As the hat was placed on her head, she spoke in her head. Alright there Mr Hat, my ole mum reckons you'm can understand what's in me head. Can 'ee plonk me somewhere with a proper grand sight? Wenn glanced over at the girl she'd befriended on the boat and flashed a small excited smile at her.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxCurious Always looking to learn and experience new things. Not in a book learning way, but more of a practical way, seeking answers in places and spaces others wouldn’t dare to venture.
                                                      xxxxxAdaptable Able to change her behavior and nature to adapt to any situation. Belies a deep-rooted desire for change and growth. She's fueled by wanderlust and a need to experience different things.
                                                      xxxxxBlunt Wenn doesn't sugar coat anything, if she believes something needs to be said, she's going to say it. This can lead to some people believing she's rude and sometimes to confrontations, but she never takes anything too seriously.
                                                      xxxxxOptimistic Believes that everything has a silver lining and is very good at finding the positive in every situation. Because she doesn't take anything too seriously, it's hard to stay mad at her.
                                                      xxxxxIntense "Go big or go home" doesn't begin to describe her. The words 'enough' and 'moderation' don't exist in her vocabulary. Whenever she finds a new fascination, she goes all in, at least until something else catches her eye.
                                                      xxxxxHumorous Not just good at telling jokes and infusing stories with her 'no-nonsense' attitude, she can also light up the room with her exhilarating stories and her infectious laughter. Her personality is effortlessly magnetic and she easily attracts friends.

Wᴏᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ sɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴅ~ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs Pʀɪɴᴄᴇ sᴏɴɢ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ?
          Hᴀɴᴅs ᴜᴘ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ ~ 'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Sʟᴇᴘᴛ ɪɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜᴇs ʟɪᴋᴇ I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ, ʜᴏᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴄᴀʙ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
          I'ᴍ ɪɴ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Gᴏᴏᴅ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɴɪɢʜᴛ! I ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴀᴛ ᴛᴡɪʟɪɢʜᴛ
          Iᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ! Wᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʀʏ
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 12:01 pm
User Image
Erykah Barlow
Unsorted First Year
gaia_sakura Future Clubs will be here gaia_sakura

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something."

Erykah had a great time on the train, she had talked about books, her life, some other people's lives. It was all around a great time. It would have been even better if Naomi hadn't been glaring daggers at her throughout the entire ride TO the train. She couldn't help it if she just naturally became friends with people, Naomi should try harder. She tried to get Naomi to hang out with her, but instead on the train, Naomi glared at her when she was not looking at her book.

When she got into the Great Hall with her fellow first years, Erykah grinned, the great hall was so magical. She turned to the person next to her, "So how do you like Hogwarts so far?" then her name was called and she skipped up front for the hat to go on her head. "Where am I going to live the next few years Mr. Hat?"

Personality:
Intelligent Erykah loves to learn, especially by talking to other people to learn from their experiences. When she picks up a book, she fully intends to go have a conversation about it in the near future.
Generous When people ask, Erykah is ready to help with anything that’s needed. Whether that’s studying, making food, protecting your friends, Erykah is there for you
Calm Cool and collected is Erykah’s game. She gently puts things down, she stays level headed, and makes rational decisions.
Creative Erykah likes to make things, to be artsy. She prefers to use things that are brand new, not using recycled junk. She’s going to make things and bring some beauty to the world.
Talkative Erykah is not great at being quiet, she wants to be doing something always, especially if it means she can talk to people while doing other things. Reading? Talk to others about it while reading. Crafting? Tell people what she’s doing. Sleeping? She’s talking.

"Good thing that rule doesn't apply to me - for I am no man. Let's chat."

Setting:
Thinking about:
Wearing:

_____

_____

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:04 pm
User Image User Image
Rebecca Mary Levy
Unsorted First Year
Adopted Muggleborn
xxxLittle Crafterxxx

Location : Great Hall ~ Sorting (2062)
                                                  Company : Students & Staff

Rebecca said goodbye to her parents and headed onto the train along with her sisters. Book in hand she kept herself occupied until they arrived at the Hogsmeade station. Just before arrival she flipped into her robes and headed off the express. It was then they were taken by boat to the castle. The view arriving was amazing, straight out of a fairytale. This would be her home for the next seven years. Rebecca couldn’t begin to fathom what those years would hold. She could only hope they’d be some of the best.

Upon entering the great hall, Becky looked around in awe. From the grand space to the ceiling itself it was amazing. This school was rather impressive for far. Waiting for her name to be called, the small brunette waited for her name to be called. It was hard to figure where she’d end up, but she hoped it would be with her family. At least then she wouldn’t be alone. Walking up to the stool, Becky took a seat and looked to the tables to find her sisters. ‘Please let me be with my sisters...” she thought as she waited for the sorting hat’s verdict.

OOC :

■ BASHFUL Becky right off the bat is quiet and a bit of a shy girl. She doesn’t like being in the spotlight and tends to worry when she is. To say she’s not always sure of herself would not be wrong though she tries not to think about it. As such, she’s not quick to share her thoughts or feelings with others right away. Though she’s full of them for sure. With time she will come to share things with others.
                                                      ■ INQUISITVE Becky has a large curiosity. She likes to know things and she prefers to ask loads of questions. Though it takes her time before she does so, the moment she warms up be ready. At times she can come off a bit on the nosy side, but she truly means well. Luckily her curiosity leads her to books more so then people which keeps her out of trouble.
                                                      ■ STUDIOUS Her enjoyment of books certainly helps with Becky’s studies. She could bury herself in textbooks and be content. If there is a book to learn it, she’ll read it. She has a large attention span for reading for hours on end. Not to mention a great attention to detail. Recalling a lot of information that she’s read from memory. Her studies are pretty important to her and they are something she deeply values.
                                                      ■ DETERMINATION Becky is a determined girl especially when it comes to her grades. She will spend all day and all night improving herself. Once she sets her mind to something there is just no stopping her, no matter how out there her mind takes her. At times it can lead her to do some pretty crazy things though it’s nothing she can’t handle. She still has that enthusiasm for the things that she had when she was a young. It fuels her into doing everything she can to complete her task.
                                                      ■ ARTISTIC Becky has always been one for art. When she needs a break from books (despite how rare that is), she turns to her creative side. She’s always got something floating around her head just dying to get out. Whether it be doodles on some scrap of paper or a rough craft in the making, she takes pride in her work. Becky shows a lot of passion for the things she creates, even if her ideas don’t always work out.

xxx “Art is not what you see, but what you make others see”xxx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 6:50 pm
User Image User Image
Naomi Judith Lovette
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Unsorted First Year
Pureblood Eleven Year Old

Location : Great Hall ~ Sorting (2062)
                                                  Company : Students & Professors

Naomi had stuck with her sister Luna up until they arrived at Hogsmeade station. She was grateful to have her older sister for company, even if she enjoyed her solitude. Getting into her robes, the young girl made her way off the train. Looking around at the busy platform. Why did there have to be so many people… “You got this Ni, I’ll see you at the castle okay.” Luna assured her before heading off towards the carriages.

Taking a big breath, Naomi followed after their guide towards the lake. The crowd at least shrunk by this point, but she knew the hall would be full of people. Finding a boat, she took the trip across the lake toward the castle. It was big and she imagined she’d be lost within the week. Heading into the great hall, Naomi was not prepared for a hall full of people. It was a major dislike of hers and she’d rather have avoided the whole thing. Couldn’t they just sort her in a quiet room somewhere…?

When her name was called, Naomi stood in the group of first years for a moment. Her legs not wanting to move until she heard her name be called a second time. Slowly walking over to the stool, she took a seat. ‘Please make this quick...’ She thought. Staring out at the tables of students, Naomi tried to stay calm as all eyes were on her. Once she found the table with blue and bronze adorn wearing students, her eyes searched for her sister. Gaze finally finding her she knew she’d be okay. Despite her heart pounding she could get through this. ‘Where am I going to be?’ She questioned in her head just wanting it to be over. Not that it would fix her crowded feeling.

OOC :

■ SOLITARY Naomi likes her alone time and is quite the introvert. She tends to keep to herself and avoids having to talk to most people. As such she comes off as being rather shy at first. Though don't let that fool you. Despite her quiet nature and lack of confidence she can open her shell when she wants too.
                                                      ■ ARTISTIC Music is Naomi’s way of life. She loves playing it, though her confidence to play in front of others is lacking. She also loves to write music which is something she does in her free time. She will always find something to write about. Most of her artistic talent comes from her father, who she’s spent a large amount of time with. No surprise there.
                                                      ■ OUTSPOKEN Despite her quiet demeanor, Naomi can be very forward at time. If she thinks something she’d not afraid to share her opinion. She wouldn’t go so far as to say she was over the edge in her candidness, and it shows she picks her words carefully when discussing difficult topics. At least you could say she is honest when it comes to her feelings.
                                                      ■ CONSIDERATE Naomi even when speaking out on things she feels strongly about is thoughtful of others. Picking her words carefully at times. She doesn’t push herself onto others and understands everyone is different. She will always take other’s thoughts and feelings into account. Something she one hundred percent gets from her mum.
                                                      ■ REALISTIC Naomi is not one for believing in the unobtainable. She’s a realist knowing some things just aren’t meant to be. Even if it can come off as being a bit cynical, she just doesn’t want the heart break later. She’d like to think she had a health dose of rational thinking.
                                                      ■ INTELLIGENT It’s no surprise that with her way of thinking Naomi can be rather smart. She like the rest of her family is rather clever and pretty intuitive. Though a lot of her knowledge comes from reading books, if she doesn’t know something she’s one to try and figure things out. She might not be the hardest hitter when it comes to hitting the books, but she is one to learn all she can so long as it interests her.

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:42 am
User Image
Racheal Ross-Kinkade
Unsorted │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old │ Single

Rey found herself staring up at the ceiling of the Great Hall, wondering, and not for the first time today, if this was where she belonged. Ever since Miss Nora appeared upon the doorstep of her foster grandmother’s house and delivered to her the letter from the Deputy Headmistress, she felt as though she’d been cast adrift in the sea with no sign of land anywhere around. Rey walked out of the house she’d started to regard as her home for the last time today, said her farewells to the family she’d started to feel it might be safe to think herself part of, and now she was here.

Wonder if Holly will dream of me tonight, or did the men in the black coats do a more thorough with the Kinkades than they did me?’ It wasn’t a thought she cared to dwell on. ‘As it stands, I’m no more a Kinkade than I am a Ross, and ‘Racheal’ feels like it belongs to somebody else, somebody who isn’t supposed to be here, or anywhere else. Miss Nora said she’d come get Rosie and I to spend Christmas, and be with her family. I hope it works out. Finn said something about inviting me to a Christmas party; I guess the Greys have a big party, and he said it’s a lot of fun, but I don’t want to intrude, or get lost in the crowd, not like this morning.’

Since Finn found her after getting lost in the throng of all the taller folk in black robes and dark clothing, Rey stuck close to her friend. They boarded the Hogwarts Express, and were directed towards a compartment where Finn’s cousin, Ella was sitting on a seat, while this ginormous dog was occupying the entire bench seat on the other side. To show Rey how friendly the big wolfhound was, he came over and gave him a big hug, receiving a big wet tongue across the side of his face in return. Rosie simply cowered in her carrier, since she was small enough, her feline companion almost fit in Blannat’s mouth, but Rey held out her hand to at least show him she was no threat. The dog sniffed at her, no doubt smelling Rosie on her, and then gently licked her hand before letting her pet him.

During the ride northwards, at some point Finn got out a box lunch Mrs. Grey was kind enough to assemble, with enough for all of them, including Linsey, when she wasn’t otherwise occupied with her duties as a Prefect and Head Girl, to share in. It was simple, old fashioned country cooking, comfort food for the long train ride up into the Highlands. While Rey had the snack box Miss Nora gave her, she saved it for later, though she passed cat treats off to Rosie, who wasn’t enjoying the ride at all.

During the break she took, Linsey and Finn started explaining to her what was happening, and what was soon to come once they arrived in Hogsmeade, and the basics of the House system, which was a rather alien custom for a kid accustomed to the public education system. ‘I guess Wizarding folk do things differently than…err… ‘not-Wizarding -folk’? Guess I can’t really say ‘regular people’, since apparently, I was never ‘regular’ to begin with, which explains a lot about me.’ It was a lot to take in, and the combination of that, the hot potato soup, fluffy biscuits and these wonderful shortbread cookies, and the rhythm of their magic carpet made of steel, caused Rey to doze off, snuggled under a blanket one of the Greys thoughtfully brought along.

Rey was roused from her carb-induced coma not long before the train pulled into the station, giving her time to unpack and don her black school robes and the pointy hat that came with it. It was a far cry from the dark blue public-school jacket she wore at her old school. The thought caused her to wonder if her friends there still remembered her, or if the men in the black coats got to them too. She also noted her robes bore no crest, unlike the others, just as her school tie was devoid of colours. ‘Guess they get exchanged or something once they figure what House I get…Sorted into.’ At one point Rey asked how Sorting worked, Linsey and Finn merely smiled, and told her she needed to wait and find out for herself.

It was well past dusk when the train arrived at Hogsmeade Station, and not long afterwards Linsey showed up and took care her kinfolk and she got off the train and stayed together, as it was far too easy to get lost, and Rey was already misplaced once this day. Rey stared in abject horror at the skeletal horse-things drawing the carriages most of the students were loading up into, but Linsey quickly steered her away. “Cad é an ifreann fuilteach iad siúd…” she began to say aloud, reverting to her mother tongue, crossing herself at the sight of the loathsome creatures. Linsey placed a comforting hand upon her shoulder, and said to her in a gentle voice, “ Ní gá duit smaoineamh ar an oíche seo, lass. Bí ar a suaimhneas agus tá a fhios agat nach ndéanfaidh siad dochar duit. Cosnaíonn an Tiarna iad siúd a shiúlann ina chéimeanna. Is anseo a imíonn ár gcosán ar feadh tamaill, cé go ngeallaim duit go bhfeicfimid a chéile suas sa chaisleán roimh i bhfad.”

Rey was led towards where the other incoming students with plain robes were gathering. Linsey smiled, and she said softly, “This was where my journey at Hogwarts began, so it will be for you as well. You will soon see sights you will never wish to forget, and you’ll be Sorted once you get up to the castle. Just remember this: you have a three in four chance of already knowing somebody in one of the four Houses, so you will not be along for long. If you get Sorted into Ravenclaw, finding me will not be hard: I’ll be at the front of the table cheering the loudest. Bon chance, Rey.”

After walking through some woods, Rey was led to a lake, the waters of which seemed as black as ink and impenetrably deep. She rode across in a tiny boat, while holding a lantern aloft, and before long she got to see the castle perched on a rise after sailing silently past a narrow spit of land which had obscured it from view previously. All her fears were temporarily allayed as she gazed upwards at the magical castle, its windows lit and welcoming, while an impossibly bright field of stars framed it from above.

Now, she was here, in this hall, filled with other students, while the teachers sat at the table on the dais at the opposite end of the room. When the Deputy Headmistress called her name, it took a moment for Rey to register the call was meant for her. She walked up to where there was a stool for her to sit upon as a singing and talking hat was to be placed upon her. Now, she understood why she was told to wait and find out, as she would have doubted any claims until seeing it herself. Rey told herself she needed to be brave, as she sat down on the stool and the brim of the ancient leather hat settled upon the bridge of her nose. She thought, ‘Okay, Mister Hat, dunno how you do all of this, but its neat. This is all new to me, and I’m not sure how brave or clever or whatever else I need to be, but what I do know is that I need some place to belong, and an open window to sleep by. You can do that, right?”

Personality:

■ Loyal- Because the people in my life have a habit of going away, I really hang on to the friends I have, and whatever family I might have at any given time.
■ Compassionate- I’m one who tries to see things from as many viewpoints as possible, and try to be mindful of everyone’s feelings. I’m willing to give others the benefit of the doubt before judging their words or their actions
■ Long Fuse- Because of the fact I tend to view things from differing viewpoints, its hard for me to get angry and stay angry.
■ Stubborn- But don’t take that as license to think I’m a pushover. When I have an opinion or take a side in things, that’s bloody well it.
■ Cynic- Dunno if that’s too strong a word, but being on my third set of parents, I’ve learned to expect little reminders from the world of how much it sucks. Things break and people die, it’s the way of the world, I guess.
■ Sharp- I’ve got a good memory, maybe too good, because I remember things I’d rather forget

■ Pretty clothes. I’m not one for dark colours, I like pastels and flowery stuff
■ Playing on the beach with my friends
■ Warm bread pudding with vanilla ice cream on the side. I don’t ask for much
■ Having music playing when I sleep. It helps keep the nightmares away
■ Cats, but dogs are okay too

Dislikes:

■ Curries. Indian food is just too spicy for me
■ Can’t sleep without having a window open
■ People yelling and carrying on, and bothering me when I’m trying to read
■ Crowds. It’s just too…peoplely out there
■ Vegetables

Hobbies:
■ Collecting and reading books
■ Drawing and painting
■ Cooking (its my chore at home, so…)

Strengths:
■ No matter what, I will somehow make it, I’m a survivor
■ I’m pretty good at thinking on my feet and solving puzzles

Weaknesses:

■ Its hard for me to quick decisions
■ I’m always expecting things to go all pear-shaped

Fears:

■ Being abandoned
■ Fires (the smell of burnt insulation will have me panicking)

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:01 pm
User Image

Cinnabun Gryffie
User ImageUser Image
xxWʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogwarts!!
xxxWʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Lewis, Rosa, and a zillion other people!
xxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Getting Sorted?
xxxxxWʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Why'd my ears break?!

So far, so good. He'd survived the world's longest train ride AND the rickety boats... but now he was in a ginormous castle. Mea was really, really happy that Nain had sent along a map. Without that, he was certain he'd be lost immediately. He stood close beside Rosa as they navigated the halls, before the teacher spoke up again. His hearing aids were a little squealy, but he wasn't sure why. They really only did that right before they broke, but they'd charged them up only that morning! There was no way Mum would have given him out batteries!

He realized he'd missed most of the little pep-talk due to the sound, but figured he'd find out with everyone else. Not like Nain hadn't told him what to expect (though that was mostly due to Mam saying he'd have to fight all 4 of the house animals and whichever he defeated was the house he'd belong to...), but it was still different in person. When the doors opened, the sharp sound in his head got both louder and sharper, causing him to stumble and clutch the sides of his head. He caused a small traffic delay, feet simply refusing to move forward while his brain was being exploded to mush.

He heard some garbled talking, then felt hands settle on top of his. Peeking up, he saw Lewis kneeling in front of him. Carefully moving his hands, Lewis clicked the volume off on the external hardware. After making sure he was being watched, he signed carefully, "Hey, you okay? Did they get too loud? It's really loud in here sometimes." Mea nodded sniffling softly. His cousin gently wiped away tears that Mea hadn't known to be there, a small smile on his face. "Hey, don't worry. I'll translate everything tonight, then we'll go see the nurse, okay? She's amazing and can fix your ears right away."

Mea leaned into his cousin, watching the older boy sign what was happening. After the Professor's speech, he finger-spelled the names of all the students, then signed their houses. Meallan felt a growing excitement (alongside terror) as his own name got closer. "You're up. Let's do this." Lewis stood up, sending a grin. He had to be able to watch. "Come with me? Please, Lewis?" It was a quick decision, but it also seemed like the older boy didn't have a though about it. Instead he offered a hand for Mea to take and he walked him up to the front before crouching down again. Mea nodded, hurrying up to the very front and sat down where Professor Clarke directed. "Please, Sorting Hat, please, please put me with family. Either with Rosa or Lewis, I don't mind, but I really don't want to be alone. I'd be so happy to be anywhere, as long as family is there. Um... I don't know if I'll be able to hear you... but thank you."

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxGʀᴏᴜɴᴅᴇᴅ:
                                                              Mea is fully aware that the world is a bit crazy. He tries to remember that no matter what happens, everything will be okay. He uses this outlook to get through the days and keep his head on.

xxxxxAᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴏᴜs:
                                                              Mea loves to explore, especially in natural environments. Unfortunately... he’s far better at getting lost than he is getting found.

xxxxxCᴜʀɪᴏᴜs:
                                                              Mea is a very hands-on type learner. He loves to investigate things to figure out how they work. This is especially true in outdoor environments, where he can get his hands dirty as he investigates nature.

xxxxxLᴏᴠɪɴɢ:
                                                              It’s hard to find a creature alive that Meallan doesn’t love. This especially extends to people, who he’s good at seeing the core of good within.

xxxxxTɪᴍɪᴅ:
                                                              Despite believing in the good of all people, Meallan is pretty freaked out by talking to them. Sometimes it takes a bit to gather enough courage to go talk to people he doesn’t know.

xxxxxRᴇsᴛʟᴇss:
                                                              Meallan hates trying to sit still. He’s always got the wiggles, and loves to be up and moving. The only exception to this rule is when he’s getting really sleepy, then all he wants is to curl up and rest.

{{Wearing :: Uniform}}
          Yukina101

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮
          I ʙᴏᴜɴᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅʀᴜᴍ! I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡᴏᴡ ɪɴ ᴀ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ғᴜʟʟ ᴏғ ʜᴏ-ʜᴜᴍ!
          I'ᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ, ʙᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴ'?
          I'ᴅ ʀᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ʙᴇ ᴀᴛ ʜᴏᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ ᴅʀᴜᴍ
          Exᴛʀᴀ, ᴇxᴛʀᴀ, ʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪᴛ! I'ᴍ ᴇxᴛʀᴀ, ᴇxᴛʀᴀ
          Tʜᴇ ᴋɪᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴋɪᴅs ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ɢᴇᴛ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛᴏ
          I ɢᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ sᴇᴀᴛ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴜs
          I'ᴠᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ᴍᴇ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴀɴ ᴜs
          "Yᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴛᴇɴ, I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴛ ᴀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ", ʜᴀ
          Tʀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ! I ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ᴍᴇ, ʏᴏ
          I ᴀᴍ ᴀ ᴛᴇɴ ᴀɴᴅ I ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ ʙᴇ ғʀᴇᴇ

✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮✩✮

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....

In the House where hearts are true,
Your love shines bright and new.
With kindness grounded and spirits high,
You see the good where shadows lie.

HUFFLEPUFF!

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:05 pm
User Image

Cinnabun Gryffie
User ImageUser Image
xx♥ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall - Hogwarts
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Everyone!
xxxx♥ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting Ceremony
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I wonder where I'll go?

It was finally time! Mika had been waiting for Hogwarts for a while. The biggest worry was that she'd be stepping away from family, but she was sure she'd be okay. After all, Eion had been a weird little guy in his first year, but he had oodles of friends now! She just had to get over her worries and she'd be okay. The train ride was interminable, but finally she had made it to school. All the first years walked to the boats in a little cluster, before splitting up to ride on little boats. Mika started to make friends with a girl named Wenn, which was really nice. Once in the school, she practically couldn't contain her excitement. Walking into the Great Hall was insanity! There was so much all around! She tried to keep her excitement under control, but when she heard her name, all that went out the window.

Mika practically skipped to the front, carefully avoiding one of the other first years with a very tall, not-a-first-year kid. Once at the front, she sat down, letting the hat sink over her eyes. A small grin touched her lips as she hoped to be sorted somewhere nice!

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxSᴋɪᴛᴛɪsʜ:
                                                            Thanks to her upbringing, Mika is extremely wary of new people, situations, and even animals. Anything that might be vaguely threatening must therefore be avoided. Unfortunately she seems to meet new people all the time.

xxxxxCʟɪɴɢʏ:
                                                            For the few people she trusts, Mika holds them close. Those people she sees as an icon of protection, and if she stays close, they’ll keep her safe. Well... usually.

xxxxxGᴇɴᴛʟᴇ:
                                                            Mika is determined to take care of the world around her. She uses careful hands and a loving heart to take care of everything she can. Part of this manifests in a joy with fixing whatever she is able.

xxxxxCʀᴇᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ:
                                                            Mika is incredibly smart, but she usually portrays this in art, photos, and sometimes other mediums. She loves taking broken things and assembling them in new ways, creating a new future.

xxxxxIɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴛ:
                                                            Mika has a crazy detailed memory, one which she doesn’t fully comprehend yet. She translates everything she remembers into knowledge for other fields, often spouting off facts she finds interesting.

xxxxxCᴀᴜᴛɪᴏᴜs:
                                                            “Trust your gut” applies very heavily to Mika, who has gotten really good at noticing warning signs for potential danger. Sure, she doesn’t really understand that she’s using context clues from her past, but she is highly perceptive. Any time she gets scared, her clingy traits take over and she hides with those she deems safe.

{{Wearing :: Uniform
          Cʟᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴇʏᴇs, ʀᴇʟᴀx ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ, ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ғʀᴏᴍ 1 ᴛᴏ 10 ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇᴍ
          Aʟʟ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴇɪɢʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Wᴀʏ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɪʀ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ғɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ғʀᴇᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʏ ᴜᴘ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴇxᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ
          Aʟʟ ᴛʜɪs ɢʀᴀᴠɪᴛʏ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴛʀʏ ᴛᴏ ᴘᴜʟʟ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜɪs ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Wʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ sᴜɴ ɢᴏᴇs ᴅᴏᴡɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛs ʙᴜʀɴ ᴏᴜᴛ, ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪᴛ's ᴛɪᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ
          Bʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀ, sᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ!
          Fɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋᴇsᴛ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ʙʀɪʟʟɪᴀɴᴛ ʟɪɢʜᴛ 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴛɪᴍᴇ ғᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ
          Bʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀ, sᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ
          Bʀɪɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ sʜᴏᴏᴛɪɴɢ sᴛᴀʀ! Sʜɪɴᴇ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ

Where wisdom's sought,
Your mind with brilliance wrought.
Creative hands and memory keen,
Your gentle heart and art are seen.

RAVENCLAW!

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items