Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Trying hard to reach out
                                                                    But when I tried to speak out
                                                                    Felt like no one could hear me
                                                                    Wanted to belong here
                                                                    But something felt so wrong here

Phee entered the pitch. He enjoyed Quidditch. sure it had some danger but he at least knew it was coming and he would be fine if he did get hurt. he knew the team pretty well now he thought, he still wore the hat he got last year from Wes for practice. It was comfy and he felt it was lucky. he quietly filled his form out then gave it to Yukon.

Username:kungfudemoness
                                                                              Character's Name: Phoenix Heulwen
                                                                              House: Hufflepuff
                                                                              Year: 3
                                                                              Advanced Flying I: yes
                                                                              Advanced Flying II: taking it now
                                                                              Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
                                                                              Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
                                                                              First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                                              Second Choice Position: I guess if you think I'm better elsewhere...

Position:
                                                                              AC: 14
                                                                              Modifiers: +4 spot, catch
                                                                              Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch

Lives: [♥] [♥] [♥]

I'll spread my wings, and I'll learn how to fly
                                                                              I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky
                                                                              And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change
                                                                              And breakaway

null

null

null

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:26 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

fifth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Namaste Club apprentice || Quidditch beater

Eden headed to Tryouts, wondering who would be there today. Lucas and Ollie would be gone this year, and Phoenix and Hariette weren’t exactly beaters. Which meant the team was relying on whatever new students showed up, and it probably meant Eden would be expected to train them up as Ollie and Lucas had trained him. Eden wasn’t exactly looking forward to playing with Weslyn and Yukon either. Maybe he ought to just take a break this year and focus on exams. But Eden had some loyalty to Hufflepuff Team, no matter whoever led it, and genuinely liked the sport. Plus it was at least an acceptable hobby. Mostly. Not acceptable enough to buy him his own broom, but he got off okay with the school brooms and Wes made it a point to keep all of Hufflepuff Team’s brooms in good shape. All that, and Eden knew he’d need bludgers to whack around once Wandless Magic really got started.

Once he was on the field, he glanced around at all the younger students. Huh. It felt like there were a lot of first years around. He wondered which of these new kids were going to be his new beater partners. He arrived just in time to hear Yukon offer the Vice Captain position to Weslyn--UGH. CLEAR NEPOTISM. Can’t you at least be subtle about it?

Weslyn meanwhile, looked momentarily like a deer caught in a lumos spell. Then she took a breath and patted her brother’s arm gently, smiling. ”Thanks, but I'm more of a Sidekick Potato Girl than the Super. Besides, I think a vice captain needs to play and I’m much happier being the watergirl.” She smiled. "Okay I'm going to set these waters aside and greet the new students. Let me know if I can be useful, okay?"

Eden felt simultaneously appeased that Wes hadn’t taken the role, but also annoyed. When was she going to stand up for herself and accept responsibility and leadership positions? UGH. Whatever. Obviously not my problem anymore. Besides, he had another crush to look forward to…..and if not Wes then maybe….he had a chance? Trying in vain not to let all his thoughts show on his face, Eden handed his form in.

Username: addaellis
Character's Name: Eden Harper
Year: 5
Advanced Flying I: yes
Advanced Flying II: yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
First Choice Position: beater
Second Choice Position: chaser

setting Quidditch Tryouts 2052 || with Hufflpuff Quidditch Team
appearance 5’6”, fit || wearing camo jacket and dark jeans
status salt

Stats:
AC: 16
Modifiers: +6 to hitting the bludger, +4 to others
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing,
Lives: <3 <3 <3 <3

Stefan Lee Salvatore

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Tranquil as a forest
But on fire within
Once you find your center
You are sure to win
You're a spineless, pale, pathetic lot
And you haven't got a clue
♖♜
~"I'll Make a Man Out of You" by Danny Osmond from Mulan. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:36 am
User Image
                                                When I was six years old I broke my leg
                                                I was running from my brother and his friends
                                                And tasted the sweet perfume of the mountain grass I rolled down
                                                I was younger then
                                                Take me back to when

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

รεεĸεг || հսբբlεթսբբ թгεբεƈէ || รﻨ×էհ ყεձг

════════════════════════

Angus jogged onto the field, grimacing as he thought he was a bit late. However, from the looks of things, he wasn't as late as he thought he could have been. Nodding toward Yukon, he grabbed a form and filled it out, wondering who was going to be chosen for vice captain. Obviously it likely wasn't him, he was still technically a newbie to the game... Ish. Still, he stretched and relaxed, waiting for tryouts to start at some point.

Username: Diamond Wales
                                                Character's Name: Angus McLellan
                                                Year: Sixth
                                                Advanced Flying I: Yep
                                                Advanced Flying II: Yessir
                                                Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
                                                First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                Second Choice Position: Wherever you need me cap!

AC: 16
                                                Modifiers: Spotting +6, Catching +6
                                                Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
                                                Lives: [o] [o] [o] x
                                                Final Roll: --
                                                -/3 Catch Up
                                                -/2 Attempts

════════════════════════

Thinking: Whelp, another year, another chance for me to be creamed by bludgers!
                                                OOC:

-◬-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I found my heart and broke it here
                                                Made friends and lost them through the years
                                                And I've not seen the roaring fields in so long
                                                I know I've grown
                                                But I can't wait to go home

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:59 pm
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Seventh Year
Prefect ✾ Chaser ✾ Quidditch Captain ✾ Daily Dragon Editor ✾ Drama Enthusiast

▬▬"From the moment we met, I knew it was you."▬▬

Yukon nodded to Weslyn's thoughts and gave her a tighter hug, "Okay potato girl, You're off the hook - but how about we promote you to team manager instead of water girl. It sounds way cooler. We apperciate all the extra work you do off the field." He waited for her reply, then walked over to Eden. Eden wasn't his first choice, but the kid would probably be a good leader, push the players to be the best and if not... well someone else could keep them in line. "So Eden, I know you heard me talking to Weslyn. I saw that disapproving look of me offering it to one of the most dedicated members of the team. But, I think you can also become a dedicated member if given proper motivation. So, What do you say, you want to be Vice Potato?"

After his talk with Eden, a few more stragglers came in. Yukon counted up the papers... perfect. He raised his hand and motions for everyone to come in to assign positions. "My name is Captain Potato, you can call me Yukon if you would prefer. This is Vice Potato, please call him as such." He grinned at Eden, this was the kind of dumb stuff the kid would have to learn to deal with.

He dug around through a quidditch bag and pulled out some yellow and black jerseys. "We're going to do a small scrimmage match as our try outs - same rules as quidditch apply, just with less beaters and less chasers. You may not be in these positions for the actual games this year, but it'll give Vice Potato and myself some things to look at."

He threw the jerseys to players as he said their names. "The Black team will be Jane as Beater, Joe as Chaser, Hariette as Keeper, and Angus as seeker."

He pulled out his bunch of bronze jerseys and threw them to their people. "For the yellow team we have Jade as Beater, Weslyn as Keeper, Simon as Chaser, and Phee as seeker."

He grinned at Eden, as he began to open up the various quidditch locks, releasing the bludger and the snitch. He handed bats to Jane and Jade. He took the Quaffle and hopped on his broom, going to the center of the field. "Whichever team gets the most points wins, I don't know what you win yet, that will be Vice Potato's first mission. I want you to do 3 laps around the field for a warm up, then let's play." Once they had done laps and both chasers were in the center of the field, Yukon threw the quaffle, time to see what the team was made of.

OOC: Here is the official quidditch guide; For quidditch matches please post individuals in their own posts to avoid confusion with dice rolls. Any other questions - ask chatzy.

Yukon/Steffy team logic:
For the Black team:
Jane had asked to be a seeker - but she was only a first year, plus they had phee in reserve for seeker. With Eden watching the game, they really needed a beater - and she was right there.
Joe hadn't had anythign sepcfic on his sheet, but with Yukon graduating this year they were going to neeed chasers in a bad way - best to train the kid up now; Plus if Yukon put them on the same team for tryouts the sister wouldn't purposefully hit her brother, and cause chaos in the family.
Hariette had done well as keeper before, why not let her stay.
And of course, Angus, the star Seeker of the group.

For the Yellow team:
Jade had asked to be a beater, they were short a beater, why not put two first years against each other to see who would be a better beater.
Weslyn had always been ready to help where needed, and in this case she would be an excellent keeper, he knew it.
Simon and Hariette had both been good team players in the past, and he was sure they would both be great this year once again.
Finally there was Phee - the seeker wanna be. The kid would have been good as a chaser too, but if he wanted to be a seeker... he had seniority.

▬▬"Aria Siddall, you may have held my hand a short time, but you will hold my heart forever."▬▬

Position:_____
AC: 18
Modifiers: +8 Stealing; +8 Shooting
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Roll: --
Trying to: Block: --- OR Pass: --

addaellis

Diamond Wales

Kungfudemoness

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
kiska166 rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:37 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Jade Morris
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Hufflepuff - Little Sister - Pureblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Jade smiled at the girl who had introduced herself as Hari, the team’s Reserve Keeper. “Hi, I’m Jade,” she responded, sticking out her hand to shake the other blonde girl’s hand. “I’m hoping to play Beater. My brother was Beater on the team last year – his name’s Lucas,” she added, realizing that since Hari was on the team last year, she and Luke must have gotten to know each other at least a little. “What year are you in?” Just as Jade had finished asking her question, Yukon, or Captain Potato as he introduced himself, announced who’d be playing what position and on which team for the tryouts.

Jade balled her hand into a fist, excited that she’d be playing as a Beater for the Yellow team. She recognized her opponent as another first year named Jane. Jade really hoped that she wouldn’t be too injured during tryouts – she had heard some horror stories of getting hit by a bludger, and boy, oh boy, did she dislike injuries. However, in the spirit of the sport, she would try her hardest. “Up!” she commanded, and after a couple of tries, her broom had risen into her hand. After flying her three laps, the tryouts commenced. Jade was up in the air when she aimed a bludger at Jane.

Position: Yellow Beater
                                              Armour Class: 12
                                              Modifiers: (hitting +2) (stealing +2)
                                              Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe
                                              Lives: [1] [2] [3]
                                              Roll: 10 (missed!)
                                              Hit: > opponent's AC
                                              Save: > 15
                                              Hit Self: < 4
                                              Steal: > than opponent’s AC
                                              Score: > than Keeper’s roll

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

T a n g l e d hair and b r u i s e s on her knees
                                              She wears her s c a r s outside her s l e e v e s

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx
Cinnabun Gryffie

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:06 pm
JANE
ALPIN
EGAREVA

HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle |

Jane did her stretches and paid attention as the captain called them to attention and introduced someone as the vice potato. She had only just got up in the air when she saw Jade hit a bludger at her. Grabbing the bat, Jane swung it back at Jade.

OOC:
Modifiers: none
Special Skills: natural flyer, deft dodger, dang healthy
Lives: 4/4
kiska166

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx rolled 10 10-sided dice: 1, 3, 9, 8, 10, 3, 10, 5, 8, 4 Total: 61 (10-100)

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 5:13 pm
JOSEPH
MESCHO
EGAREVA

Lol Vice Potato Joe finished his stretches, grrabbed a broom, and somehow found himself in position to go for the toss up.

OOC:
Username

CatWaffle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:25 pm

Trying hard to reach out
                                                                    Wanted to belong here

Phee was ready to play but knew laps for warm-up were good. once he got his laps in he flew up high and looked for the snitch

Position: yellow seeker
                                                                              Total Roll: 23 spoted!!

chase 0/3
                                                                              catch 0/2

And breakaway

null

null

null

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:31 pm
Oh honey
When I get lost, feel I've been crossed
She will be my salvation
When I feel low, I've nowhere to go
She'll be my inspiration

User Image
H O L L Y
J E S S I C A
M A D I G A N

HALFBLOODHUFFLEPUFF CHASERFOURTH YEAR

Holly sprinted out onto the pitch, skidding to a halt near Yukon, out of breath and panting. "I know I'm late but I can still play, right?" she babbled, thrusting her form at him and trying to crack a winning smile, though it looked a little pained from her head-long sprint downhill. She was lucky she hadn't twisted an ankle.

Username: The Forgotten Weasley
Character's Name: Holly Madigan
Year: Fourth
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Wherever!

OOC:
Username

Yeah, when my poor heart is breakin' apart
She'll put it back together
She ain't the kind to show off her mind
But talkin' of love she's clever, yeah

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:42 am

Trying hard to reach out
                                                                    Wanted to belong here

Phee lit up when he spotted it right away! He focused hard and zoomed towrd his prize

chase 1/3
                                                                              catch 0/2

And breakaway

null

null

null

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:41 pm
User Image
User ImageYukon Knolle User Image
Hufflepuff Seventh Year
Prefect ✾ Chaser ✾ Quidditch Captain ✾ Daily Dragon Editor ✾ Drama Enthusiast

▬▬"From the moment we met, I knew it was you."▬▬

After throwing the quaffle, Yukon went back to the ground to watch the game. However, shortly after the game started, Yukon looked over at Holly, who was late and was rather out of breath saying so. ”Shh Holly. Speak softer. Yes, you can still play; go do 3 warm up laps; then join the Black team as a second CHaser, Help Joe out. Give simon a bit more of a challenge.” If Simon looked like he needed help, Yukon would join with the game as a chaser, but he had hopes that Simon could hold his own.

[OOC: Quoting everyone to note the addition of person on the black team; continue play as before]

▬▬"Aria Siddall, you may have held my hand a short time, but you will hold my heart forever."▬▬

Position:_____
AC: 18
Modifiers: +8 Stealing; +8 Shooting
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Roll: --
Trying to: Block: --- OR Pass: --

addaellis

Diamond Wales

CatWaffle

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166

“The Forgotten Weasley”

kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:31 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Jade Morris
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Hufflepuff - Little Sister - Pureblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Jade cursed under her breath as she watched the bludger she had aimed at Jane miss. However, she had not expected the girl to swing it back. Jade panicked and tried to get out of the way, but it was too late by the time she had realized what had happened. “Ah!” she yelped as the bludger smacked straight into her thigh. Bloody hell, that freaking hurt. Jade flew around, trying to stay a moving target as she gave some time for the pain in her leg to subside. As she flew, she noticed another girl, who appeared to be older, join the Black Team. Jade figured she would try and aim a bludger at Holly instead of at Jane – maybe she'd have better luck.

Position: Yellow Beater
                                              Armour Class: 12
                                              Modifiers: (hitting +2) (stealing +2) (life -1)
                                              Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe
                                              Lives: [1] [2] [3]
                                              Roll: 7 (missed!)
                                              Hit: > opponent's AC
                                              Save: > 15
                                              Hit Self: < 4
                                              Steal: > than opponent’s AC
                                              Score: > than Keeper’s roll

((OOC: aha, I rolled a 10 sided die last time. Still did better than this time lolol))

T a n g l e d hair and b r u i s e s on her knees
                                              She wears her s c a r s outside her s l e e v e s

The Forgotten Weasley

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 1, 3, 3, 1, 3, 10, 7, 4, 7 Total: 45 (10-100)

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:09 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✯ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Quidditch Pitch
xxx✯ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Teammates
xxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Hufflepuff Tryouts
xxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I hope I make it again
xxxxxx✯ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴍʏ Cᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ Mᴏᴏᴅ? Excited

Simon flew into the air, prepared to play. He was going against Joe, his new friend, in chasing. He prepared for the tossup, and dove for the ball as soon as he was able.

YELLOW TEAM CHASER
          AC: 13
          Modifiers: +3 {to Score} +3 {to Steal}
          Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Good Arm, Natural Flyer
          Total Roll:xx {xxxxxx}
          x/3
          Lives: [✬] [✬] [✬]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:16 pm
JOSEPH
MESCHO
EGAREVA

Oh shoot, I actually got it. Joe was surprised he came away with the ball. He fumbled the quaffle and gave his new friend Simon a grin as he flew towards the goals.

OOC: Black team chaser (post 1/3)
Username

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:57 pm

Trying hard to reach out
                                                                    Wanted to belong here

Phee continued his pursuit.

chase 2/3
                                                                              catch 0/2

And breakaway

null

null

null

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183 184 185 ... 188 189 190 191 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games