Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:46 pm
There's probably no true hard and fast answer to that one. ^^;;

From what I see of the prequels, the padawans look to be about 5 or 6-ish. But then, Yoda was also overseeing the children en masse. With that said, I think they get assigned Masters once they get the basics down.

With a fast forward to Skywalker's Praxeum, as stated in the EU novels, there seems to be no true age limit. Whether or not this was amended by Legacy era is anyone's guess.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:47 pm
Aanika_Phaeton
Now, don't laugh at me, this may be a really stupid question...

At what age are children usually admitted to the Academy? And then about when do they get masters? I really feel stupid asking questions that I should proabaly know, but I'm too lazy to look on Wookiee. sweatdrop

I don't know much on the subject of the Academy anyways. So, i figured this would be a good time to learn.

In the OJO? Kids were taken around 2-3 years of age. If they were lucky enough to be picked up by a master, it would be about 12-15. However, if they did not become padawan learners, they were introduced into service corps (like agriculture) and learned in other fields than diplomacy and the Force.

In the NJO, the academy originally took whatever talent it could find, but I'd assume that much less restrictions were in place.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Aanika_Phaeton

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:09 pm
Nelowulf
Aanika_Phaeton
Now, don't laugh at me, this may be a really stupid question...

At what age are children usually admitted to the Academy? And then about when do they get masters? I really feel stupid asking questions that I should proabaly know, but I'm too lazy to look on Wookiee. sweatdrop

I don't know much on the subject of the Academy anyways. So, i figured this would be a good time to learn.

In the OJO? Kids were taken around 2-3 years of age. If they were lucky enough to be picked up by a master, it would be about 12-15. However, if they did not become padawan learners, they were introduced into service corps (like agriculture) and learned in other fields than diplomacy and the Force.

In the NJO, the academy originally took whatever talent it could find, but I'd assume that much less restrictions were in place.

Yeah, that would make sense.
I'm trying to make my background for my Legacy character....not so short and...less...crappy....  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:15 pm
If you like, you can pm it to me, and I'll give what feedback I can...  

elvisnake

Aanika_Phaeton

4,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:25 pm
Haha, that's what Cale said too. Thatnks, elvis, I'll do that.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:45 pm
Of course, as head of admissions, I can help you revise your resume as well.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:55 pm
FrozenPhoenix32
Nelowulf
FrozenPhoenix32
You're forgetting me..this is all build up.

Vaan isn't gonna be pro-Empire once he finds out what Krayt is doing.

Like you were already? I didn't consider you an ally in the first place, since you keep swearing to Fel. Since its already known the sith killed fel, I'm kind of surprized you haven't had your character already proclaim hatred for the backstab.

I never swore to Fel. Not once. He gave me special rights in the Empire. I'm grateful for that, but I couldn't care less. Vaan considers himself what the Ascendancy should be doing, and as he's the laison to the EMPIRE, not Fel.

Let's take this to the RP help thread.

With Fel dead, though, you have no obligation to the empire, since the moff council has no power, and you would be forced to report to krayt himself. Either you work for the sith, or your liason died with fel. or at least you need to work that detail out.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:56 pm
Aanika: Yeah, you're surrounded by the helpful friendly here... we shall not lead you astray.  

elvisnake

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:05 pm
Elvis: Agreed. ^^

Now, I'd like to take a moment to address Luke's Force ghost in the newest Legacy. Now, wouldn't he have shuffled off to wherever Force ghosts boogey on over to after a while?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:07 pm
Nelowulf
Its luke. And its gay.

yoda lasted six years. Obi-wan ten. Suddenly, Luke's lasting for (let's say he died at a hundred) 30 + years?

The thing with force ghosts of the Jedi is that they can't last too long as a spectre, because they cannot maintain their identity. If the two greatest jedi in the galaxy can't last a decade, some whiny farmboy can?

my post a while back on the subject.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

elvisnake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:08 pm
Unless he somehow lived until just before #0, which he didn't, it'd have told us, most likely. We're just gonna have to assume that the writers didn't think about that, so Luke was 'more attached to the corporeal world' or some a**-saving crap like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:26 pm
FP? in Legacy I'm talking to you...  

Sol Walker
Crew

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:40 pm
Let's hold the phone for a minute here.

Allright: what exactly is the deal with the Phoenix predator thingy, and whose side is it really on?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:47 pm
Its an itelligent protoype killing machine.
How's it supposed to react to the world around it?
It's loyalty is to Cale and Cale alone, though it considers Cambot and the rest of the Skull Base raiders it's allies.  

Sol Walker
Crew

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:53 pm
*nod* I kinda figured that it was one o' Cale's toys.

However, the catch is that Mordy isn't aware of this. If she were, she'd probably be more inclined to shake hands with it, as it were. Dig?  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games