Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:38 pm
JANE ALPIN EGAREVA + JOSEPH MESCHO EGAREVA
HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle | + HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle |
User Image

Joe and Jane walked to the Quidditch Pitch. another year, another Quiditch season. They filled out the forms and went to greet other team members. ”Hey Simon! How was your summer? I’ve been practicing signs—talking with my hands.”

joe waved casually next to her. "Yo."

Username: xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx
Character's Name: Jane Egareva
House: Hufflepuff
Year: 2
Advanced Flying I: in progress
Advanced Flying II: no
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 1
Any Special Skill: natural flyer, deft dodger, dang healthy
First Choice Position: seeker!
Second Choice Position: whatever you need!

Username: xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx
Character's Name: Jane Egareva
Year: 2
Advanced Flying I: in progress
Advanced Flying II: no
Any Special Skill: natural flyer, deft dodger, dang healthy
First Choice Position: whatever you need
Second Choice Position: chaser again?

OOC:

Jane:
AC: 15
Modifiers: +1 to all
Special Skills: natural flyer, deft dodger, dang healthy
Lives: 4/4

Joe:
CInnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Trying hard to reach out
                                                                    But when I tried to speak out
                                                                    Felt like no one could hear me
                                                                    Wanted to belong here
                                                                    But something felt so wrong here

Phee entered the pitch as fast as he could. it was a stupid reason why he was late he had been dead set on a specific sock pair but it took him to long to realize penny his puff has dragged it under the bed and had been sleeping on it. phee ran up to Eden the captain. "Sorry I'm late I can fill out the form real quick!...sorry if I held tryouts up..." phee said out of breath. Hopefully, Eden wasn't mad at him, he was so hard to tell if he was happy or mad.

Username:kungfudemoness
                                                                              Character's Name: Phoenix Heulwen
                                                                              Year: 4
                                                                              Advanced Flying I: yes
                                                                              Advanced Flying II: yes
                                                                              Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch
                                                                              First Choice Position: Seeker
                                                                              Second Choice Position: I guess if you think I'm better elsewhere...

Position:
                                                                              AC: 17
                                                                              Modifiers: +7 spot, catch
                                                                              Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Sharp Eyes, Great Catch

Lives: [♥] [♥] [♥]

I'll spread my wings, and I'll learn how to fly
                                                                              I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky
                                                                              And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change
                                                                              And breakaway

null

null

null

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:30 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

sixth year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Language Club student
Namaste Club yogi || Quidditch beater and captain

Eden sighed with relief when Phee made it. ”Phoenix. Good, you’re finally here. ” He pulled himself away from the first years with a ”Excuse me.” Eden had had a few really interesting conversations with the quiet fourth year last year about Quidditch strategy that made him think Phee as a vice captain would actually suit him really well. If not, well, Hariette was kind of a star keeper already. He cleared his throat, face probably more stiff and serious than it needed to be for this ask. ”I think you and I have a similar appreciation for Quidditch strategy and tactics and would work well leading the team together. Would you like to serve as my vice captain?”

Phee seemed uncertain. Usually Eden would have hesitated over the uncertainty, but he had figured that Phee just needed reassurance ”Yeah. We play well together, and I like how you think strategically-speaking.” Together they consulted the sign up forms, and then returned to the team with a direction.

Eden put his fingers to his lips and whistled loudly for attention. He had to resist the urge to call “At Attention!” or something serious like that. He did, though, launch into a prepared introductory speech. “Good afternoon. My name is Eden Harper, your Quidditch team captain. This is Vice Captain Phoenix Heulwen. Welcome to the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. We practice Sunday afternoon here on this pitch for broom drills and team strategies. I will host an optional but highly recommended basic and situational strategy meeting every other Saturday in the Common Room as well. We have some conditioning exercises, but you are expected to do your own physical conditioning outside of practice. We’ll have a few scrimmages with other houses and then once the season starts we’ll have games.

“I run practice thusly: We’ll start with stretches, one lap running around the Pitch, then two laps in the air. Then we split into drills by position, and end with a short mock-game or full-team practice. Come prepared to practice, eat well and exercise, and you will do well. “

He hesitated, remembering seeing health issues on one of the first years. ” Know your own limits and take it easy if you need to, but everyone is expected to do the same workout. There is no shame in finishing last. So. Watch out and don’t take it too hard.”

With that, Eden started them with stretches, then one lap running around the Pitch. When they got back, he announced: ”Right. For tryouts today we’ll just divide into two teams so Phoenix and I can gauge your skills and decide on our starting roster:

Black team will be Jane Egareva, Joe Egareva, and Saylor for chasers. Morris for beater, Knolle for keeper.

Yellow team will be Blake, Quinn-Smith, Vaughan-Warde for chasers. Knapp for beater, Nakano-Roussel for keeper. If there aren’t any further questions, go ahead and do two laps in the air and we’ll get started.”

He pulled Jane aside for a brief moment. "Hey. I know your first choice is seeker, but we have Phee for now, and you remember Angus McLellan, if he shows up later. You'll likely be our reserve seeker. But if you don't mind filling in as a chaser during tryouts, that'd really help out.". Hopefully that went well; Eden remembered Jane as a pretty chill lass.

As the tryout properly got started, Eden focused mostly on the full squad of chasers duking it out, but occasionally narrowed in on Dominik Knapp. He knew Jade already, and was almost certain she’d be his choice for starting beater alongside him. But Knapp...definitely related to Chadwick and Cenek Knapp. Maybe she had Chadwick’s knack for beater. That would be pretty sweet.

setting Hufflepuff Tryouts 2053 || with Weslyn, soon other Quidditch people
appearance 5’8”, fit || wearing jacket, polo shirt and jean and a handknit Hufflepuff scarf with E.H. and a bludger and bat embroidered on the end
statusAlright let's begin.

Cinnabun Gryffie

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

Graydon Ironshield

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Loki

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Don’t close your eyes, it’ll all be okay
Come dry yourself beside the fire
Made of all those former worries that you’ve carried inside you
There’s no need for names
Just let them burn, we’ll warm ourselves with the flames

♖♜
~"The River with No Name" by Radical Face.

ChrysalismAndPetrichor rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:50 pm
User Image
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
FIRST-YEAR HUFFLEPUFF
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image

Wyn did her best to keep stretching as Eden excused himself for a while and then jogged over to him when he whistled. She listened intently as he described the game plan, nodding along to his expectations. The stretches continued, and then the team took a running lap. Wyn pushed herself hard to keep up with everyone. She wasn't the most athletic person there, at least when it came to running. Still, she felt proud to be able to at least match pace with those at the center of the group. Wyn caught her breath as Eden announced the scrimmage teams, and smiled at Dominik and Ron. They were two of her fellow first-years, and while she roomed with Dominik, she didn't know Ron very well yet. Even so, she was glad for a couple familiar faces. "We got this, guys," she enthused, feeling happy to be on team yellow.

A little nervously at first, she climbed onto the borrowed broomstick. Thankfully, it was well-groomed. She gently kicked off from the ground and rose into the air alongside her teammates, leaned forward, and began her laps around the pitch. It felt so good to fly; the wind on her face and the castle in the distance. It was so enjoyable that it ended all too soon, and Wyn realized it was time to put on her game face. She narrowed her eyes, and when the quaffle was thrown, she went straight for it.

OOC:

Position: Trying out for Chaser
                                                AC: 12
                                                Modifiers: +2 to stealing, +2 to shooting
                                                Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Good Arm, Natural Flyer
                                                Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]

Quote:

User Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

"I do believe you could excel anywhere, my dear
If you simply put your mind to it
Your trust is encouraging, and well-placed, I assure you
I think you'll do quite well in Hufflepuff!"

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

ChrysalismAndPetrichor rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 9, 7, 5, 4, 5, 1, 4, 9, 5 Total: 55 (10-100)

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:05 pm
Oops, I misrolled. I thought it was 1D10 instead of 10. Anyway, here goes.  
Graydon Ironshield rolled 10 10-sided dice: 9, 5, 6, 5, 8, 5, 8, 4, 8, 4 Total: 62 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:21 pm
User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Ron's eyes were alight with excitement, this was what he'd been waiting to do since he'd gotten his letter. Taking his cue from the one upperclassman, he started off with the stretching routine he'd recommended. Taking a lap around the pitch was no big issue for him, being accustomed to playing football with the other kids at his old school. After getting his team assignment from their Team Captain, Ron gave Wyn a confident smile and replied, "Yep, let's show 'em," trying to match his fellow First Year badger's enthusiasm.

The old school broomstick lifted upwards a little slowly, making wish ever more he'd been able to grab his mom's old mount, but that uncertainty vanished as his feet left the ground. All of a sudden he felt like he was Jon Snow riding upon Rheagal, and he swooped about the pitch, taking the laps at a good clip. Soon thereafter, he was lined up over the center of the pitch for the face-off with the other Chasers. Ron flashed Wyn a smile, and said, "We got this."

When the Quaffle was released, Ron waited to see whom came up with it.

OOC: Post edited. Please ignore die roll, thank you.
Username

User ImageAC: 12
Modifiers:
Special Skills: Good Arm, Great Catch, Natural Flyer
Action:
Effect Value:  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx rolled 10 10-sided dice: 2, 7, 2, 8, 2, 1, 2, 6, 5, 4 Total: 39 (10-100)

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:21 pm
User Image
JANE
ALPIN
EGAREVA

HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle |

"That's fine!" Jane piped, surprised Eden had pulled her over. She knew she was second in line anyways and didn't mind playing second or third reserve--practice was enough fun. "Where is Angus anyways? He'll be here, right?"

She skipped off, did her laps in the air, and moved forward for the toss-up. Joe, still recovering from a lap of running--he preferred video game running-- waved her on, hanging back with Galen, the first year assigned with them. "Hey. Good luck. Stick close. I'll make sure you get the quaffle sometime today."

Jane was distracted by how fast two of the other chasers were though, and missed it by a long shot.

OOC:
Jane stats:

addaellis

Diamond Wales

Stefan Lee Salvatore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:54 pm
♖ Dominik ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Hufflepuff First Year ♖
Future Activites

User Image
▬▬ There isnt a day that goes by that I dont think about you▬▬

Dominik nodded as Prefect Captain Harper assigned the roles, she would be trying for beater. Yellow team. So she needed to aim for Jane, Joe, Saylor... there were too many people. She needed to aim for people in black not in yellow. She could do this. It was easy. She took aim for the boy in the same year as her...what was his name? Galen maybe? She yelled out to him, "Incoming!"

It looked like her bludger was on target to hit the boy, but the important thing was she hadn't hit herself. She waited to see if the girl holding the beaters bat in black would manage to deflect the bludger.

▬▬ Being here just puts me one step closer to finding you Dee.▬▬

Position: Yellow Beater
AC: 14
Lives: yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi
Mods: +2 Hitting
Trying to: Hit Galen
Roll: 14 + 2 [hitting] = 16 HIT (If not blocked)

addaellis

kiska166

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
kiska166 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:25 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Jade Morris
                                              Twelve Years Old - Second Year - Hufflepuff - Beater - Pureblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Jade ran her lap and flew the other two as instructed by Captain Eden before finishing up the other exercises. By the time she finished, she was already sweaty. Once the tryouts commenced, Jade soared into the air once again, watching the chasers fight for the quaffle. The first year got away with it, and another first year aimed a bludger at one of her teammates - Eden referred to him as Saylor. Wow, there were a lot of first years trying out. Jade did her best to block the shot and aim it towards Vaughan-Warde.

Position: Black Team Beater
                                              Armour Class: 13
                                              Modifiers: (hitting +3) (stealing +3)
                                              Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe
                                              Lives: [1] [2] [3]
                                              Roll: 17 (hit!)
                                              Hit: > opponent's AC
                                              Save: > 15
                                              Hit Self: < 4
                                              Steal: > than opponent’s AC
                                              Score: > than Keeper’s roll

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

The more I grow old, the more I get wary of your s i c k e n i n g kind
                                              When I d i s a p p e a r, you should know the r e a s o n why

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:39 am
User Image
FIRST-YEAR HUFFLEPUFF

User Image

As she lurched forward, Wyn was surprised to obtain possession of the quaffle without any resistance. She smiled at herself, delaying for only a moment before remembering that she had a purpose. She tucked the ball under her arm and shot off toward her goal. She flew as fast as she could, loving the rush. Almost everything else was tuned out. She eyed the hoops at the end of the pitch, trying her best to analyze the keeper Eden had referred to as Knolle. She chose the hoop she'd go for: the left one. It was all there in her mind's eye. That is, until a bludger came out of nowhere and hit her square in the chest, knocking the wind out of her. So that's what that feels like, Wyn thought as she tried her best to catch her breath back. Fortunately she'd just managed to keep possession of the quaffle, but she needed a minute to recover from the blow. Mustering all the breath she could, she shouted, "Ron, catch!" and lobbed the ball at him, maintaining her speedy course by his side in case he had any trouble and needed to pass back.

OOC:

Position: Trying out for Chaser
                                                AC: 12
                                                Modifiers: +2 to stealing, +2 to shooting
                                                Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Good Arm, Natural Flyer
                                                Lives: [x] [ ] [ ]

Graydon Ironshield

User Image
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x

"I do believe you could excel anywhere, my dear
If you simply put your mind to it
Your trust is encouraging, and well-placed, I assure you
I think you'll do quite well in Hufflepuff!"

ChrysalismAndPetrichor

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:16 pm
User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith
UnsortedFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

When Wyn came up with the Quaffle during the face-off, Ron placed himself slightly behind and above her, acting as her wing-person. Unfortunately, he didn't know she was in trouble until the Bludger caught her square in the chest. The game was moving faster than he'd realized it would, and when he heard his name called, he saw the Quaffle sailing toward him. "On it!" he called back to his teammate, as he collected the malformed ball, and tucked it under his arm. He urged his broomstick to greater speed, as he started his own charge toward the opposing goals.

OOC:
Username

Modifiers:
Action: Commencing drive toward goals (1/3) (5.17 pm)
Effect Value:  
Stefan Lee Salvatore rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 5:55 pm
♖ Dominik ♖ Knapp ♖
♖ Hufflepuff First Year ♖
Future Activites

User Image
▬▬ There isnt a day that goes by that I dont think about you▬▬

Dominik had almost hit the first year, but the opposing beater hit it back and hit one of her team mates. Dominik glared and went again, this time she aimed for The opposing girl, hoping she’d get a hit in this time. Especially if she didn’t give warning.

▬▬ Being here just puts me one step closer to finding you Dee.▬▬

Position: Yellow Beater
Lives: yum_puddi yum_puddi yum_puddi
Mods: +2 Hitting
Trying to: Hit Jane
Roll: 19 + 2 [hitting] = 21 HIT (If not blocked)

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

kiska166

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
addaellis rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:38 pm

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

first year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist
Cooking Club pancake mixer || Quidditch fan

Galen struggled to keep up with running, but felt much better once they were in the air. He grinned at one of the older kids-- Joe Egareva, if he'd heard correctly-- when he said that he'd make sure Galen got the quaffle at some point.

Galen maneuvered his broom around, hanging back with Joe and ready to go on the offensive or defensive. Wyn won the toss up.

He didn't hear Dominik's heads up until their team's beater blocked it, sending the bludger off "Thanks!" he called, flying off to try to steal. He pulled up next to Ron and reached over to steal.

It was quite hard to control the broom and reach over though, and he ended up swiping empty air.

setting Quidditch Tryouts 2053 || with Fellow Hufflepuff Quidditch fans!
appearance Neon green hair and || wearing Pink sweater and black jeans with
status I finally get to play Quidditch!

Position: black team chaser
Total roll: 6 miss!

Stats:
Modifiers: +2 to catching
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
Lives: <3 <3 <3

Graydon Ironshield

xXTiTaNsLaYaR1169Xx

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Welcome back the sunrise,
I'm finally waking up.
And I've been here for far too long,
but I think I've had enough.
Cause I've been praying for a change
for such a long long time.
Take a breath and step outside
and lay the past behind.
☺☻
"Supernova Sunrise" by We Are Leo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:31 pm
User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith
HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Ron had the Quaffle cradled in his arm, against his body, rather like a Wide Receiver would in American rules football, and he sensed rather than saw Galen attempt to snatch the ball from his possession. The attempt encouraged to him to hunker a bit lower onto his broomstick, and try making himself a harder target as he sped toward the Black Team goals hoops.

OOC:
Username

Modifiers:
Action: Continuing drive toward goals (2/3) (6:34 pm)
Effect Value:  

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Graydon Ironshield rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:16 am
User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith
HufflepuffFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

Ron sped closer to the goals jinking and jockeying in hopes of faking out the Black Team Keeper, forcing them to move one way or the other before taking his chance to score. Finally when he figured he was close enough, he palmed the Quaffle and chucked it toward one of the hoops...

OOC:
Username

Modifiers:
Action: Continuing Driving toward goals and taking a shot (3/3) (1:16 pm)
Effect Value: 7 (Not a real impressive shot, but here's hoping)  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games