Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)
Get to Know the Members! (Old) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ace of Death

4,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:35 am
Hi! I'm Ace, a long-time role player (about 11 years) and writer. I love the fantasy, scifi, horror, and mystery genres, though I'm open to new things. I'm always trying to improve my skill at creating realistic, gripping characters.

Offline I'm active in the SCA, primarily fencing. Combat and weapons interest me. I go to USF grad school where I study nursing. For volunteer activities I help out at my church and have a Little Brother in the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:21 am
Welcome Ace! =D It's nice to meet you! I hope that you will look around and find a nice cozy role-play to belong too. <333 If you need help on where to start, let one of the mods know!  

..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..

umbraja
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:52 am
Ace of Death
Hi! I'm Ace, a long-time role player (about 11 years) and writer. I love the fantasy, scifi, horror, and mystery genres, though I'm open to new things. I'm always trying to improve my skill at creating realistic, gripping characters.

Offline I'm active in the SCA, primarily fencing. Combat and weapons interest me. I go to USF grad school where I study nursing. For volunteer activities I help out at my church and have a Little Brother in the Big Brothers Big Sisters organization.

Huzzar! SCA~ What's your persona? I generally do the A&S and equestrian but Vay (my husband) does the light fighting, archery, and brewing. We've both been known to wander onto the heavy field on occasion but the armor is insanely hot so there's only a few events a year we're willing to wear it. Works out fine with our gypsy personas, beholden to none and all that. . . but I digress. ^__^

Welcome to the SDRP!

We're working on some renovations right now but we've got a few fun things going on/starting up.

Have a look at Elsewhere for a mixed level RP. It's been running a few months now but I'm still taking players. Elsewhere is a story about getting lost and finding Destiny. The setting is an eclectic fantasy/sci-fi universe with genre bending tendencies and more going on than meets the eye. All varieties of characters are allowed (even ones pulled in from other RPs) and a staggered commitment/scene system lets even casual players participate without slowing down the more dedicated ones. You don't have to even read anything beyond the setup, just submit a character and I'll help you figure out where to jump in.

There there's Cinders of the Future if you want an advanced Pokémon RP. Don't be turned off by the theme, this isn't your average Pokémon - it's a world in which the familiar, family-friendly creatures that provide sport for viewers like you are made into real, biological (for the most part) organisms, living among humans and mundane animals in the aftermath of the Cataclysm, a catastrophic series of elemental and nuclear explosions that shattered civilization as we know it. I believe SiberDrac is still taking characters for this though it's been around a good long time.

Another long run game I think is still taking characters is NativeForeigner's subforum RP, Odyssey into Madness which is a horror-fantasy story where native people of another world are fighting a losing battle against MAD invaders and the deadly infection that they brought with them. Anyone is invited to check it out and ask questions.

Don't forget our newest subforum RP, Ghosts of Guidain, a gothic fantasy tale run by Dreamshell. Following the death of a renowned adventurer, a diverse group of allies must work together to unravel a conspiracy spanning an entire continent. Features a hodgepodge of medieval and Victorian aesthetics and technology and classic Gothic horror elements. I'm not sure where this one is on taking new players but you can PM Dreamshell to ask.

We've also got a Firefly RP in the planning stages so be sure to put in your vote on that one and help us decide what to do with it.

And then there's Erepo's Tales of Magic which seems to be shaping up to be an upper level casual RP in a sort of modernish, post-apocalyptic, fantasy world.

For our more academic members we've also got the SDRP Academy, an RP about teaching players how to RP. Since this is the School of Dedicated Role Players we're offering an extensive catalog of quality classes in a persistent RP world where you can hone your skills and generally hang out with other guild members in an academic setting. The campus (subforum) is currently under construction but you can jump into the first class (if you hurry) and get in on the ground floor as we put this thing together.

Don't forget to head on over to the Directory and make an introduction post so you'll have a place to chatter with friends and advertise any RPs you want to run.

Most of all though, have fun and enjoy your stay here. If you've got any questions don't hesitate to ask right here, or in the QnA subforum, or the Ask the Crew thread (which I just noticed you already found).  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 pm
..s.k.i.t.t.l.e.s..
Welcome Ace! =D It's nice to meet you! I hope that you will look around and find a nice cozy role-play to belong too. <333 If you need help on where to start, let one of the mods know!

Thanks for the welcome! I can't wait to get started here.

umbraja
Huzzar! SCA~ What's your persona? I generally do the A&S and equestrian but Vay (my husband) does the light fighting, archery, and brewing. We've both been known to wander onto the heavy field on occasion but the armor is insanely hot so there's only a few events a year we're willing to wear it. Works out fine with our gypsy personas, beholden to none and all that. . . but I digress. ^__^

Welcome to the SDRP!

Hey, a fellow Scadian! Excellent! What kingdom are you in? You mentioned it being hot, so I'm assuming somewhere south? I'm in Trimaris, so I definitely understand about doing heavy. Light weapons' armor is bad enough. Usually when my shire practices we just call it an informal practice and wear t shirts and jeans.

Gypsies make fun personas. I haven't picked a name yet, but I'm going with a wealthy burgher from the Holy Roman Empire, circa 1560s, just south of Denmark, probably by Hamburg.

Thanks a bunch for the recommendations! Helps a lot. I'll probably look into Elsewhere, Ghosts, Firefly (I need to rewatch that show), Odyssey, and Tales.  

Ace of Death

4,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Consumer 100

umbraja
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:24 pm
Ace of Death
Hey, a fellow Scadian! Excellent! What kingdom are you in? You mentioned it being hot, so I'm assuming somewhere south? I'm in Trimaris, so I definitely understand about doing heavy. Light weapons' armor is bad enough. Usually when my shire practices we just call it an informal practice and wear t shirts and jeans.

Gypsies make fun personas. I haven't picked a name yet, but I'm going with a wealthy burgher from the Holy Roman Empire, circa 1560s, just south of Denmark, probably by Hamburg.

Thanks a bunch for the recommendations! Helps a lot. I'll probably look into Elsewhere, Ghosts, Firefly (I need to rewatch that show), Odyssey, and Tales.

Hisss. . . Trimaris. Nah, just kidding. I'm Ansteorran (Wooo~ Black Star!) so I have to hiss at y'all Trimarans.

Aaah late period. . . have fun with layers. I like the gypsy thing because they travel so much that I can wear whatever fits the weather - from Russian long dresses to Turkic split skirts - and I never really have to settle on anything as gypsies often lie to gadje. I also get to play with fire and mideastern dance.

History dorks Unite!

Welcome for the thanks, it's what we're here for. Also I'm working on that list you asked about. Somehow managed to forget a few in here. . . check out Arkwright. Hopefully there will be more RPs starting up or coming back to add to the list as I work out the official one. We plan to start a major advertising push soon so this place should liven up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:25 pm
umbraja

Hisss. . . Trimaris. Nah, just kidding. I'm Ansteorran (Wooo~ Black Star!) so I have to hiss at y'all Trimarans.

Aaah late period. . . have fun with layers. I like the gypsy thing because they travel so much that I can wear whatever fits the weather - from Russian long dresses to Turkic split skirts - and I never really have to settle on anything as gypsies often lie to gadje. I also get to play with fire and mideastern dance.

History dorks Unite!

Welcome for the thanks, it's what we're here for. Also I'm working on that list you asked about. Somehow managed to forget a few in here. . . check out Arkwright. Hopefully there will be more RPs starting up or coming back to add to the list as I work out the official one. We plan to start a major advertising push soon so this place should liven up.

Eeeew, Ansteorra! Nah, just kidding. My Don is Ansteorran.

Layers, yeah, tell me about it. But it looks good! I try to avoid summer events anyway, so layers aren't so bad. Gypsy garb is certainly tempting.

Ah, thanks for the other list. I'm looking forward to the advertising push!  

Ace of Death

4,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Consumer 100

Signum Ignis

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:24 pm
Hello~ Call me Tsuki >w<

I suppose I'm an experienced roleplayer, I've been at it since I was about.. 7 maybe? So 7 years >w< I would say I'm an experienced writer though, and am currently trying to get something published T-T

I love to roleplay, it's my passion. Luckily I'm a fast typer! o3o I'm friendly and rather talkative... heh.. >w<  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:31 pm
TsukiBuyouku
Hello~ Call me Tsuki >w<

I suppose I'm an experienced roleplayer, I've been at it since I was about.. 7 maybe? So 7 years >w< I would say I'm an experienced writer though, and am currently trying to get something published T-T

I love to roleplay, it's my passion. Luckily I'm a fast typer! o3o I'm friendly and rather talkative... heh.. >w<

Welcome to the guild. Hope you enjoy your stay. Check out the main forum for new RPs to join or start one of your own and if you've got any questions just ask.

Also, RPing since you were 7? I think I was still struggling to string together coherent thoughts at that age let alone writing. Course in my day . . . uphill. . . both ways. . . make me feel old.  

Ivaylo_Sai

Signum Ignis

Liberal Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:33 pm
Ivaylo_Sai
TsukiBuyouku
Hello~ Call me Tsuki >w<

Welcome to the guild. Hope you enjoy your stay. Check out the main forum for new RPs to join or start one of your own and if you've got any questions just ask.

Also, RPing since you were 7? I think I was still struggling to string together coherent thoughts at that age let alone writing. Course in my day . . . uphill. . . both ways. . . make me feel old.

Of course~ o3o

Oh don't feel bad about it. With age comes much more wonderful things o3o Being young does kind of stink though >w<  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:49 pm
TsukiBuyouku
Of course~ o3o

Oh don't feel bad about it. With age comes much more wonderful things o3o Being young does kind of stink though >w<

Enjoy it while you can. Growing up comes with increasingly more stinky (sometimes literally) things. Such a jobs that force us to go to bed at a decent hour. Like now. Or half an hour ago. >.>

Have fun with the guild!  

Ivaylo_Sai

Charlie Thundercloud

Dapper Businessman

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:27 am
Hello.

I am Charlene Thundercloud, but please call me Charlie. I write as a hobby and I have been out-of-sorts with most roleplays. Do not believe my join date. I had joined this site long ago, once upon a time, but left due to lack of roleplay-itching attention. My muse has been heavily craving, and hence, I have returned, if only to perhaps improve myself and to bestow my skill onto those who wish to improve their writing.

Offline, I am a 24 year old lesbian who works in daycare. I live at home with my parents and enjoy my time reading, playing video games, and watching anime/Game of Thrones (should I ever put the next disc into my computer).

Also, on a side note, please excuse this poor, er, excuse of an avatar. I'm hoping to find a better way to dress myself soon sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:46 pm
Charlene Thundercloud
Hello.

I am Charlene Thundercloud, but please call me Charlie. I write as a hobby and I have been out-of-sorts with most roleplays. Do not believe my join date. I had joined this site long ago, once upon a time, but left due to lack of roleplay-itching attention. My muse has been heavily craving, and hence, I have returned, if only to perhaps improve myself and to bestow my skill onto those who wish to improve their writing.

Offline, I am a 24 year old lesbian who works in daycare. I live at home with my parents and enjoy my time reading, playing video games, and watching anime/Game of Thrones (should I ever put the next disc into my computer).

Also, on a side note, please excuse this poor, er, excuse of an avatar. I'm hoping to find a better way to dress myself soon sweatdrop

Welcome to the School of Dedicated Roleplayers!

I'm glad to see you've joined us and hope you enjoy your stay. Please be sure to read our Guide to the SDRP for the rules and guild low down then introduce yourself in our Directory subforum.

If you'd like a list of guild RP's check our Active Rp List.

And I see that you are a tutor so why not consider becoming an Official SDRP Tutor? Application and information is in that thread if you're interested.

. . . enough with the spiel.

Your avi's not that bad, just needs a little spiffing up and did you try to log onto your old account from before you left because they never actually delete them so it should still be there if you can remember the password.

So what's made you out-of-sorts with most roleplays? What are you looking for in one?  

umbraja
Crew

Charlie Thundercloud

Dapper Businessman

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:34 pm
umbraja

Welcome to the School of Dedicated Roleplayers!

I'm glad to see you've joined us and hope you enjoy your stay. Please be sure to read our Guide to the SDRP for the rules and guild low down then introduce yourself in our Directory subforum.

If you'd like a list of guild RP's check our Active Rp List.

And I see that you are a tutor so why not consider becoming an Official SDRP Tutor? Application and information is in that thread if you're interested.

. . . enough with the spiel.

Your avi's not that bad, just needs a little spiffing up and did you try to log onto your old account from before you left because they never actually delete them so it should still be there if you can remember the password.

So what's made you out-of-sorts with most roleplays? What are you looking for in one?

Thank you for the warm welcome. I have already browsed through the rules, and I will soon be making my way over to the Directory to create my own thread.

I'll head on over to those parts of the guild soon. The week has been quite long for me at work and I've been getting quite tired by the time I can get settled comfortably at home.

Also, I have logged into all of my previous accounts and retrieved most of the items from them. Hopefully I'll find some better clothes to go with this cape.

I enjoy long-lasting roleplays and the ones I do join don't last very long. I spent at least two years of my time on here solely for one-on-ones, and those hardly lasted either. I couldn't find anyone, and I was reaching a point where it was getting stale, so I took off from the site when I realized my current roleplays weren't going anywhere, thinking that I would never come back. Well, over a year later and here I am.
I look for dedication and something juicy to work with. I don't have to have six paragraphs from others in order to reply. I love to have fun and enjoy what I'm roleplaying, and if I don't then it becomes a chore. The only thing is I don't want to spread my writing too thin by joining too many roleplays. I'm picky in that if I find something really good and appealing to my tastes, then I might just consider joining or ask the person to roleplay with me. I want to focus on character developement, creativity, plot twists and the finer techniques of writing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:07 pm
Charlene Thundercloud
Thank you for the warm welcome. I have already browsed through the rules, and I will soon be making my way over to the Directory to create my own thread.

I'll head on over to those parts of the guild soon. The week has been quite long for me at work and I've been getting quite tired by the time I can get settled comfortably at home.

Also, I have logged into all of my previous accounts and retrieved most of the items from them. Hopefully I'll find some better clothes to go with this cape.

I enjoy long-lasting roleplays and the ones I do join don't last very long. I spent at least two years of my time on here solely for one-on-ones, and those hardly lasted either. I couldn't find anyone, and I was reaching a point where it was getting stale, so I took off from the site when I realized my current roleplays weren't going anywhere, thinking that I would never come back. Well, over a year later and here I am.
I look for dedication and something juicy to work with. I don't have to have six paragraphs from others in order to reply. I love to have fun and enjoy what I'm roleplaying, and if I don't then it becomes a chore. The only thing is I don't want to spread my writing too thin by joining too many roleplays. I'm picky in that if I find something really good and appealing to my tastes, then I might just consider joining or ask the person to roleplay with me. I want to focus on character developement, creativity, plot twists and the finer techniques of writing.

Welcome and don't worry, we all understand busy schedules. Many of us are in collage (and it's finals week) and some are working adults so we know how it is trying to find time for, well, anything.

I hope you like what you see around here and can find a good RP to join. We're currently in the process of some renovations and attempting a revival so we need good members to help. We've got a few RPs around that have been running for a year or more and some just started recently but our core group is dedicated (as the name suggests) so you should be able to find something that won't die.

Might I suggest taking a look at Elsewhere. I need some more players to replace some that dropped out but am not going to let that one die. It's a world and story I've been running for. . . well over a decade now so you can be assured it's got longevity. Even if it ends up just you, me, and my husband playing.  

umbraja
Crew

jihnee

Tipsy Fairy

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:14 am
Hiii! My real name's Katie, but you can call me anything I guess. I've been roleplaying since I joined Gaia four or five years back and is pretty much the only thing I do on here besides buy avatar art and talk to people.

I'm still a teenager going to school, but at least it ended for the summer a few weeks ago. I also have two cats, one of them is a complete derp and the other is like a devil. (unless she just woke up, then shes a cuddle-butt.) <3

13 Directory (Tell us a bit about yourself!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games