Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:57 pm
Okay, cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:22 pm
So now I have nowhere to go.

I suppose I can go report to the Sith gov and find out what they want.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:27 pm
You could always spy on the Rapora.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:24 am
Expecially since your liasonship was nullified with the coming of a new leader.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Alianna Naviri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:35 am
do the sith have a lot of dark jedi among their ranks to send out like minions?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:31 am
I think so.
Or they could just be lesser sith.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:45 am
I think its sort of like KotOR.

Hundreds of sith and dark jedi, captial is Korriban, several potent leaders, etc..

On a side note: FP, check on Emsquad.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:07 am
Nelo has it.
Theres a lot of darksiders running about.
Its like the inverse of the Pre Battle of Naboo Republic.
Except for more jedi.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:42 am
Now I know you guys have been looking to me for the Next RP, so ive been scratching my brain for an idea.
Then while we were sitting around chatting recently, Me and Stellar Magic came up with an idea. We figured compared to past RP's here it would be different. Signifigantly.
1. No force users.
2. Very small scale.
3. No space battles.

Here's the pitch:
Ten years after the end of the Clone Wars, the Empire arrives in a backwater system to put down a civil war between two rival worlds. One they side with and make the System capital. The other sees the buisness end of an invasion and occupation.
On that occupied world, the Imps establish a small peace-keeping force to maintain order. But the natives grow restless and the seeds of Rebellion take root. Soon the Imperials find themselves under attack by a poorly equiped but highly motivated insurrgency striking from the shadows, Rebel Guerilla fighters.

The RP centers around the founding of this Rebel insurrgent group, revealing the difficulties the early Alliance had to deal with before they even became united. Like wise, it shows how much trouble the Empire had to deal with in attempting to put down these guerillas.

Sounds interesting?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:27 pm
Hmm... A chance for guerilla tactics was one of those ideas I had a long while ago for an RP, but I abandoned the thought when BoV turned sour.

I like the idea of jacking tanks and blowing up bases etcetera, but here's my questions:

1) Infiltrators allowed, or no?
2) Perhaps its me, but its almost too small-scale. I mean how are we going to counter the problems that plagued BoV?
3) Specifically one problem from BoV that you'd have to address is this: BoV had a tendency to be just gun battles. The other classes had little impact on strategy or plot. It was just shoot bad guys mission after mission. How we avoid this?
4)Most importantly, are you expecting this to be a main RP? What I mean is do you see this with the popularity of CotGCW, or like Emsquad?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:32 pm
1) The Corellian treaty does not exist at this point. Infiltrators are non-existant.
2) please be more specific
3) we will need characters on both sides of the conflict, and not everyone is going to be a crack shot or a sniper. Most of the rebels will only be part time rebels and will have to run the risk of being discovered.
4) I sincearly doubt it will be a main RP. In essence it will probably be a side RP like Emsquad.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:35 pm
Something tells me that people are going to like having skill with the blaster.

i mean, I think I was the only one in BoV that was almost inept with a weapon, everyone else was as accurate as jango or boba...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:38 pm
I found that anoying too.
But this is a grassroots insurection.

The Imps wont have stormies, and the rebels will only be armed citizens.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:43 pm
What do the imps have, if not stormies then?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:45 pm
Regular Imperial Army.
That and a CompForce branch.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games