Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa .:.
[OOC] Newbie/Oldbie Thread: Questions and Advice Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krysti Auzuki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:00 pm
      Thanks, Kierei! :]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:51 pm
i know this is proably a dum question but are there multiple ways to get an SoA and how can i get one  

snoweye13

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:07 am

There are lots and lots of ways to get a SOA. You might check out the current RP contests, where you can enter to win one based on roleplaying abilities (or making a good personality). You can also look in the Plot Recruitment Threads, sometimes a pride or coalition or pack will have a contest of some kind, or you could see if you could custom a baby into a litter, which you can look at in the plot recruitment threads at the very top of that page. If you ask to custom a cub/pup into an existing litter, be aware of any requirements the parents might have and know you'll be paying the price for a growing custom that will take up your monthly custom slot.

Or you could try to get a custom, though I think those slots are closed for now. But keep an eye on the Breedings/Customs Threads to see if they open again. And if you stick around the main (or event) thread, there are random games that colorists will do, you can win a pet from those if you're lucky. And also flatsales and such, though I've not actually caught one of those myself yet.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:05 pm
snoweye13
i know this is proably a dum question but are there multiple ways to get an SoA and how can i get one

Reading the front page
will help you out in more ways than one. :>

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

zephira738

Timid Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:17 am

Okies, another question I don't really see an answer to. Gods are all lions, but regular SoA lions can crossbreed with other felines. So could a god lon make little baby hybrids with a mortal of a different feline species? It's sort of a random question, but I really don't see anything about it and it's bugging me...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:46 am
@Zeph: Yep, a God can breed with any other cat species to produce the same mortal offspring that it would if it was just mortal.

So God x Mortal Leopard = Seer Leopons
God x Mortal Cheetah = Seer Cheetons

<3  

xo -- k a i r i

Invisible Dabbler

Phail Ninja

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:52 pm
I was wondering... what is the difference between an SoA and an SoAsia? I've heard both mentioned, but I haven't a clue as to what the actual distinction is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:45 pm

SoA is Shadows of Africa. SoAsia is Shadows of Asia.
Here is the SoAsia guild~
There's one shop, but two guilds with two totally different lands as well as species.
They're also separated by many years, so SoA and SoAsia cannot RP together.

Reading up on the SoAsia information should help you with the difference. XD

[Eskimo]

Anxious Cat

Phail Ninja

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:31 pm
I see now! Thanks biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:44 am
Hi I am Marco. For now you can imagine me as a Bison Bull (and imagine me in the same art style as the Shadows of Africa lions; only then as a ... bison). Please don't eat me (yet). I am too young to die (although: I am 21 years old, perhaps that's old for a Bison, but let's say it like this: my human form is 21 years old.

I am from South Africa. A Imported Bison From The Netherlands (I was one Bison too much in the artis Zoo and was moved over to an South African Saphari). Well: my mothers languige is Dutch. By some weird miracle I speak more languiges though: Bisonian Dutch, Bisonian English, BigCatian Dutch and BigCatian English. So maybe my BigCatian English sucks, for I am neither Dutch, nor a Big Cat (yet).

Anyways, this was my introduction.

Now my questions:
Can I enter in anyone's pride to let my Bison Bull form (let's call him Ben) get killed of and eaten? (Or do you want a translator for Bisonian clans/ BigCatian Dutch clans blaugh ).

And where can I spam you with any other questions?
And where can I find a Big Cat to play and buy if I have become rich enough?  

marcoPB

Clessie

6,075 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:07 pm
marcoPB
Hi I am Marco. For now you can imagine me as a Bison Bull (and imagine me in the same art style as the Shadows of Africa lions; only then as a ... bison). Please don't eat me (yet). I am too young to die (although: I am 21 years old, perhaps that's old for a Bison, but let's say it like this: my human form is 21 years old.

I am from South Africa. A Imported Bison From The Netherlands (I was one Bison too much in the artis Zoo and was moved over to an South African Saphari). Well: my mothers languige is Dutch. By some weird miracle I speak more languiges though: Bisonian Dutch, Bisonian English, BigCatian Dutch and BigCatian English. So maybe my BigCatian English sucks, for I am neither Dutch, nor a Big Cat (yet).

Anyways, this was my introduction.

Now my questions:
Can I enter in anyone's pride to let my Bison Bull form (let's call him Ben) get killed of and eaten? (Or do you want a translator for Bisonian clans/ BigCatian Dutch clans blaugh ).

And where can I spam you with any other questions?
And where can I find a Big Cat to play and buy if I have become rich enough?

Q1: Well, you can't enter a pride until you get an SoA or familar. You'd have to rp getting killed and eaten on the rougelands.

Q2: IDK

Q3: Try the rp contests- if you win, you get the SoA for free; You could try the plot recruitment threads for prides holding contests; You could try customing into a litter for 500k; or you could try for a custom slot for a minimum of 350k.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:57 am
Everyone is allowed to rp a character that is not one of the ones on shop lineart, as long as said animal is african (or asian) in origin.

A bison is American, as far as I can tell, so that would probably be out. A wildebeest, though, would be quite acceptable.

You can rp them being anywhere, really, even inside a pride's lands. There is no such boundary for a prey beast, for obvious reasons I think. Just be aware of your setting, no matter where you're rping. If you're in a pride's lands, make sure you read the info on the pride so you get a lay of the land and what the lions/etc are like there and whether your beast would be in great danger of being killed and eaten.

No, no one can kill your character without your consent, BUT be realistic. Prey is fair game for a hunter.

I would also like to point for newbies asking questions! Scan back through this thread! Chances are, questions like 'how do I get one?' have been answered many, many times. In fact, questions like that can probably be found on the front page of the shop, like with most B/C shops.

if anyone would like to talk to staff directly, I'm always open for IMing on aim: bluefire dragonz

I may not have all the answers, but I can point you in the right direction.  

Whimsical Blue

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

[+Katch+]

Kawaii Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:29 am
uhmmmm, so i got a big ol lion as a secret santa kinda thing last year...
no cert for him or anything, i'm not sure what happened with that .__.

but i still have the picture n all~

halp?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:10 am
Hey everyone!

I'm curious, if you want to quest for a god whose domain might be in conflict with an already existing god, but the owner of said god is MIA, what can you do? Give up on the domain, or just go right ahead?  

Pearlyblue

Friendly Enabler

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:26 am
Pearlyblue
Hey everyone!

I'm curious, if you want to quest for a god whose domain might be in conflict with an already existing god, but the owner of said god is MIA, what can you do? Give up on the domain, or just go right ahead?

Give us (the staff) a poke about it. We'll see what we can do <3 It mostly depends on the domain but yeah if you get no answer/the person is actually mia from gaia, give us a poke and we'll see if we can help.  
.:. Shadows of Africa .:.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games