Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Quad's Palace: So good it HAS to be fattening! $ The Game Station $
Random Number Game!! (Read 1st post for a chance at 20k!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 375!

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:11 pm
It's still probably not so very much, but I remember back when all I could really do was to buy a bag of organic carrots every now and then, as a snack.  
WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 468!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:13 pm
That was back when I was in college... and Alabama. There was not much organic produce in a small town in Alabama.^_^'  

WebenBanu

WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 418!

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:17 pm
But there were always other ways to pitch in- recycling, picking up trash, etc. I volunteered at a raptor rehabilitation center as well. Got to work with all kinds of hawks and owls- even a few eagles and kites.^_^  
WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 342!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:18 pm
One of the biggest perks was that I got to wear their feathers in my hair while I worked.^_^  

WebenBanu

WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 114!

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:19 pm
But I could only wear them while I was at the center- it's illegal to be in possession of any part of a raptor unless you have a license. The center had a license. I didn't.^_^'  
WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 90!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:22 pm
Much of what I did there involved preparing the birds' meals and feeding them. The preparation could be pretty grisly work (although, fortunately, the food came pre-killed), but feeding was fun.^_^  

WebenBanu

WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 221!

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:24 pm
There was this one flight cage, where we kept the owls who were re-learning how to fly before being released.  
WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 36!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:25 pm
Being a flight cage, of course, it was fairly long- giving the owls a length of space in which to glide.  

WebenBanu

WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 80!

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:26 pm
The entrance was at one end of the cage, and the feeding platform was all the way at the other!^_^'  
WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 463!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:30 pm
So when I came to that cage, I had to carry a tray full of food while I ran a guantlet full of hungry owls, dump the tray and throw my arms over my head while I turned around and ran back, then slam the door behind me and lean back against it while I caught my breath.  

WebenBanu

WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 486!

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:31 pm
And in most cases, laughed hysterically.^_^  
WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 442!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:33 pm
Because those owls weren't stupid- they knew I had their food. And they'd swoop and harry me the whole time, trying to frighten me into dropping the tray so that they could grab the meat just a few seconds sooner.  

WebenBanu

WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 374!

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:34 pm
They were serious, and it was awesome to be in their presence. It was incredible to feel those wings whirring past my face through the night. It was fun.  
WebenBanu generated a random number between 1 and 500 ... 495!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:36 pm
I kind of miss that place sometimes. Not the hot, Alabama nights- they can take those and stuff 'em. But I miss running through the owls- as crazy as that probably is.^_^  

WebenBanu

Quad's Palace: So good it HAS to be fattening! $ The Game Station $

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces