Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Miscellaneous Threads
Getting in shape for cosplay - Support~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:03 pm
Sadistic Rainbows
Inochicon is this August, and I'd like to work on my body composition. I'd like to lose my belly fat, thin my waist and inner thigh fat. I'm 69 kg, and I'd like to lose 20 kg. My mom might be getting my family a gym membership, but before then, what could I do to achieve this goal? ; A ;

Note:
I'm a very lazy person who would much rather read or draw than workout.
I can jog for a long distance for about 3-5 minutes without beginning to walk.
I'm good and swimming and dancing.

Depending on whether or not you have an athletic body or not, you may or may not be able to lose that much. 69 kg is about 152 lbs, and you want to lose 20kg which is roughly 44 lbs? That's not very likely to happen. You'll probably be able to lose 10-15 kg, and trust me, it'll make a big difference.

Swimming is great for all around slimming, but it's not that effective if you don't swim vigorous laps. It helps control weight, so it should be part of your daily routine. Really works the belly. Drink more water. 8 x 8 fl oz. per day is okay if you're aren't very active, but since you're going to be trying to lose weight drink 9-10 x 8 fl oz.

Eating more protein helps repair muscle damage, which helps burn fat, so after a workout eat something like a banana, immediately afterwards.

If you like dancing try to find something that looks like fun, and you can do by yourself, or with a partner if someone is willing. Belly dancing works your whole body, even your arms. I'm trying to learn how to, and it might be a good idea for you too, especially since you said you're good at dancing. I'm not, but I'm still going to try.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 6:33 pm
Well, I haven't lost ANY weight, but I haven't gained any... then again I haven't done much.

BUT, I finished bakery classes today, so no more daily sweets!!!

And since I'm supposed to have free time until I find a job, I'm gonna try to get off my lazy a** and bike 15-30 miles daily!  

SakuraRico

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:07 pm
Been awhile since I've been in here. Mostly because I really wasn't trying that hard to lose weight, I just, didn't care even though I really do need to and want to lose some extra baggage.

But this morning I decided I wanted to wear some shorter pants since it's been so warm lately and the only thing I had that was clean and that I felt like wearing was a pair of capri's. Now in the past these have been like my tightest pair of pants. So I put them on knowing I'd be in pain later and they came on so easily and I could even pull them away an inch or two. I dunno if I lost weight or if the pants some how stretched but I am happy to know I can wear these pants more easier now.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:35 pm
Scientifically Erotic
Been awhile since I've been in here. Mostly because I really wasn't trying that hard to lose weight, I just, didn't care even though I really do need to and want to lose some extra baggage.

But this morning I decided I wanted to wear some shorter pants since it's been so warm lately and the only thing I had that was clean and that I felt like wearing was a pair of capri's. Now in the past these have been like my tightest pair of pants. So I put them on knowing I'd be in pain later and they came on so easily and I could even pull them away an inch or two. I dunno if I lost weight or if the pants some how stretched but I am happy to know I can wear these pants more easier now.

Good for you 3nodding

Hope you reach your goal!  

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200

nadaniasang

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:47 pm
Well, might as well join in...

For the past few year's, simple activity's like taking a walk around the block, or hitting the mall weren't even options for me, so even though I don't eat terrible amounts of food, I have really gotten out of shape. it was a fight to keep going during Anime Punch earlier this year. On top of it, after seeing all the amazing cosplays, I really wanted to do one of my own, so me and my brother agreed on Inmu and Yanku, twins from a short anime film we love. The problem: they both wear shorts, and their chests only have bandages covering them. Being as big as I am, there's no way you could get me to run around with my belly showing, so I've decided to tone myself up, while handling a few emotional eating issues as well.

I think it's really hard for me to accept how pathetic my strength and endurance has gotten, since I used to be able to lift someone twice my size and take a punch without flinching. I want to be stronger, look better, and not be so self conscience when I get into my new cosplay. My goal is by next year to be 100 lbs lighter. That's 12 months, 2 pounds a week, 48 weeks total. I'll fall just short, but hopefully with my drive to get back into sports, the four extra pounds will be made up. Alot of my plans have me adding another extra push up, crunch or lap in the pool every week as my body gets used to doing the exercise. This is specifically for building endurance and muscle, not losing weight. A toned weight for me would be around 145lbs, but I want my muscle back too, which will have me gaining some of the weight I lose. Hence why I have to remind myself not to be bothered if my scale doesn't look too different after two-three weeks of hardcore activity. It may seem a little crazy, but you must also understand I don't do ANYTHING. I am unemployed, I just got in a new area and have no friends, so the time on my hands is ridiculous. Until I have a job, my time is wasted, so I intend to force myself from falling into old ruts with activity.

Plan:

5 female push ups when I wake up. - Add another after each week.
5 female push ups when I go to bed. - Add another after each week.
2 laps in the pool at least once a week. - Add another after each week. Can't do this until my Y membership clears. -_-
Walk 2 miles every day. - Add another after 3 weeks.
Limit soda intake - They say a soda everyday will gain you 20lbs a year, even diet. So far I drink two everyday, I want to get it down to only drinking soda when I go out for dinner.
Cut sweets - It will be a helluva test of will, since our house is always stocked with them, but I am determined.
Always leave a bite on the plate. - My mother lost 50lbs in two months from this method. I kid you not.

So, yes, thats my plan. As of tonight it is starting. Before I even take my shower, as a matter of fact. Wish me luck. biggrin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:58 pm
User Image
Ahh~! >.< My thighs and calves are too big! Anybody know any good exercises to... I guess tone my legs?
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Oh, and I do a lot of walking on the treadmill for exercise almost everyday, if that has anything to do with it.

19 lbs. away from goal

Mao-sensei

Magnetic Player

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

BLUEthefishDRAGON

6,700 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:48 pm
its been FOREVER since I posted on here...

Ok so... I gained alot and lost alot... then gained and lost, gained and lost, gained and lost...
get the point?

Working out alot... about 30minutes-1hr as much as possible..
kinda hard since I have trouble trying to do it with people around and my cousin and grandpa are on freaking vacation....

I'm back down to 229..
I want to be 136...160 at most.. by March  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:54 pm
I shall be stealing Salsa's format for this, it's so clean and pretty!

Height: 5'6''
Weight: 190lbs
Ideal Weight: 160lbs
Weight to Lose: -30lbs
Next Con: Anime Vegas '10
Time till Then: ~3 Months
Weight/Time Ratio: 10lbs per month

I cosplayed for the first time last year as Harley Quinn link at Anime Vegas. Needless to say I loved cosplaying her, having fun as her, being in character, etc. But my weight...Well the photos speak louder than words. LinkObviously I was less than happy. I was actually kind of grossed out. I was a solid 200 lbs last year and have lost about 10 lbs.

I also want to do Raven from Teen Titans and I want to look good and not have cellulite hanging out of my leotard. =P Not to mention Chihiro from Spirited Away! I want to look good and just feel good about myself in cosplay, and out!

.: My Plan :.
Give up all juice
Eat 5 small meals (currently I only have 2 meals a day)
Walk and hike everyday
100 Sit-ups and Push-ups a night building up to 300 slowly.

.: My Strong Points :.
I love fruit~
I live in Park City! Lots of trails and fun things to do as exercise!
I have Crystal Lights and like em!
It's Summer so I have a lot of time

.: My Problem Areas :.
I get sick of the taste of water after a while and have a hard time drinking enough. =/
I love juice! All kinds! Lemonade, OJ, Cranberry, etc.
My metabolism is next to non-existent =/

I'm gonna make this work though! I want to do Harley and all my other cosplays justice and not be some fat American cosplayer stereotype! Any tips and suggestions would be really appreciated! Even support. I'll be sure to sign in every month and keep you updated!

Little Roo Girl

IRL Conventioneer

6,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Stop Touching My Fetus

Quotable Sex Symbol

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:01 am
I know that I'm not gonna lose any reasonable or significant amount of weight for the upcoming convention Anime Expo, but I did do research about doing a detox juicing diet. You can lose up to 40 pounds in a few weeks.

I'm not sure if this is healthy, but I did do my research, and it does seem promising.

And for those curious, my info:

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 220
Ideal Weight: 160-170

Problem areas:
Thighs and Butt.
I'm African American, and many know that a common distinction between African Americans is a big butt and big thighs. I have both. ;/

Stomach
I had a baby about two years ago, and my pre pregnancy weight was 190. A weight that I was comfortable with.
As you may or may not know, losing baby weight is the most difficult to lose, on top of the fact that losing weight has been a long and tiring struggle for me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:02 pm
Okay, time for me to jump in. I'm 5'2" tall and weigh 130 lbs.
I eat very healthily (I don't like soda and I usually snack on apples or fresh veggies) but I eat a lot and I don't usually exercise because I am lazy.

My problem areas are my upper arms, thighs, stomach and horrible, ugly double chin.

Every night I do ten minutes of belly undulations (bellydancing is fun!) which is at least keeping my stomach from getting fatter, if not making me lose weight. I will add ten minutes of sit-ups to that, but I'm not sure what to do about my arms and chin. I want to start jogging, but I never wake up until noon unless I have work or school.

I don't really have a weight goal other than "stop looking hideous in photos," but I should probably be exercising more for my health anyway.

If anyone has any suggestions, they are most welcome!  

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

Raya Kioma

Trash Witch

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:59 am
I want to lose a little weight for next year.
Time: 12 months exactly.
I'm not saying how much I weigh now. >3>;
I'm 5'4" on a good day.
Cosplaying: Rosette Christopher, Chrono Crusade (First oufit)

I already eat pretty healthy, I just need to exercise more and avoid temptation. Exercise is the hardest thing for me because I have asthma and bad knees. I can't do any swimming because I have extremely sensitive skin and too much chlorine causes me to have a bad reaction. (gross, I know. Sorry for the TMI! XD; )
I already have REALLY cut down on my pop. Its a just once and a while thing. Going for dinner, occasional treat.
I drink tons of water.
Coffee is probably my biggest vice. I work at Starbucks so its a constant temptation.

Not like I want a super zomgsexybodaaah~ but I just wanna lose a little of the jiggle. XD;
Not so much a weight issue for me, its size. I wanna drop a couple.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:30 pm
Well, here I am again. XD I had a doctor's appointment a couple of days ago and I apparently dropped a pound. Hooray! Also, following the advice of my mother, who is a personal fitness trainer, I started doing crunches instead of situps. Crunches are better for the stomach while situps are for the back and hips. Also, crunches are easier.

Aaand... I'm putting on weight this week thanks to the attack of the monthly punctuation. :/  

Wielder of Mighty Pencil!

0sako

Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:28 am

So my plan was to get a time-glass/bee waist. Also to get my butt&tummy area smaller. And since I'm still 16, it's not healthy to loose a lot.. Though it was illegal to do that much work per a day :'p.

I was working 3 weeks in a strawberry farm. 6 days a week picking up strawberries for 6-8 hours a day in 90 Fahrenheit degrees. It's a hell, I say.
Drank a lot of water, got rid of sodas&juices and candies. Few times I let myself to get something good like ice cream or something (Well duh, it was pain enough to bare that heat).

I collected strawberries bush by bush, not sitting on a ground, but doing crouches all the time. Every evening I stretched everything so nothing would hurt next day.
I didn't do anything else but mostly eat yummy salads and pick up strawberries.

Aand the results..
Well I got good pay (lol), I collected 162 liters of strawberries.
My tummy didn't go much smaller but my waist did. Also my calves are much more muscly and thighs aren't that loose anymore.
So I think in the end I did it good c:. Yay.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:53 am
Neeeee I'm too squishy crying And my a** and thighs are big. This is not good, since I mostly cosplay guys. I'm cosplaying N. Italy from Hetalia at Bishie Con in December, so I have... 6-ish months to un-squishify myself! And hey, maybe if I lose some weight I'll lose some boob, eh? xp
*gets out the wii fit* Say whatever you want about this thing, last time I worked out on it diligently the results were good.  

Maruul

III_Samus_III

1,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:13 pm
I wore a fake thighs and butt for A.X. in july....when i played samus....cause i have a sml butt and hardly no thighs  
Miscellaneous Threads

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff