Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Slytherin Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:50 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin thought it well past time to defuse the attention to their house. She couldn't conjure a crow, but a magpie would work just as well. But where to place it? Gryffindor would automatically retaliate against Slytherin even without proof, so Roisin thought that a less than wise choice. But she liked the Ravenclaws well enough, and the Hufflepuffs. Well, they were Hufflepuffs. She'd have to choose between the two and before the sorting finished.

"I suggest you ignore the rule and eat something while we wait. Rules need to be broken quite often. And no one is going to really blame you if you claim not to have eaten at all today because you were nervous. A good excuse often helps." Roisin shrugged and reached for a hard roll, passing it to Estella. "I play the violin, decently. Music is just another language to be deciphered. I think there's a Choir, so a musically club such as an orchestra isn't too hard to believe. Charon? Dante? Do either of you know if there is an orchestra or similar music based club in school?"

"Hypothetically speaking, if a magpie were to appear, which House would react the worst? Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or Gryffindor?"

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:06 pm
User Image

Ariya Denari

Ariya herself reached for a hard roll after hearing Roisin's words. She sank her teeth into it and ripped, before quickly chewing and swallowing the food. "I can't play a musical instrument, but I can sing. And the house that would react worst . . . I'd say Hufflepuff. Gryffindor would blame us, and Ravenclaw would already have all the answers." She shrugged, glancing at the Hufflepuff table. "Yeah, I'd say the Hufflepuffs."  

Katagonia

Sinuous Goat

37,500 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:11 pm
((Remember they are first, their knowledge of magic is limited. So they CANNOT Summon/Conjure anything ~Spaz))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:13 pm
User Image
User Image

"A music club? No not to my knowledge. I know in your third year you can take a music course, and we have a choir. Sorry no club yet." Charon said after a moment of thought. Yes he really couldn't think of one. "I play the piano actually. I'm rather fond of it." He answered Stella with a smile. He rather loved playing...but it had been a while since he'd played.

Don't you wanna go for a ride?
Just keep your hands inside
And most the most out of life
Now don't you take if for granted

Life is like a mean machine
It made a mess outta me
It left me caught between
Like an angry dream I was stranded
I was stranded

And I'm steady but I'm starting to shake
And I don't know how much more I can take

User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:45 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin ran her tongue over her bottom lip and looked at the Hufflepuff table. But that just seemed so . . . easy and obvious. Maybe there was another way to defuse the situation, but she could think up any other plans. She really wished Sever's brother was a bit more subtle. Maybe sending the crow to the dorms or waiting until they were in their own comfortable common room. Well, no help for it here. If she couldn't think up another way to make the crow seem less odd in the Great Hall, Roisin would have to settle for a magpie confiscating all the silver wear at the Hufflepuff table.

For now, she tried to lose herself in the conversations at the table. "I always found the piano difficult to play, but it and the organ have such a lovely haunting aura about their musics. I'm compelled to listen every time I hear a single note of the instruments." Roisin admitted, though she didn't add that they often lulled her to sleep either. They had that calming effect on her and revealing that wasn't smart. Not only was it a weakness, though small, but others could perceive that information as offensive. And there would go an alliance or two. But both instruments were beautiful.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:46 pm
Dame NightFury
Spazcatking
((Remember they are first, their knowledge of magic is limited. So they CANNOT Summon/Conjure anything ~Spaz))
((OOC: With five brothers in Drumstrung, she knows the spell and the wand movements, she just doesn't have the experience. It would take her about a hundred tries, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't try. That is how my character is. Thank you.))

((ok I'll put my foot down. They are first years, I'm a VC I say no. They haven't learned any spells. Yes they can know the motion and the spell itself, but the chances of them actually succeeding are very very very slim. Before anyone throws out the Herominoe card, she is a rare exception. It takes several tries to do something like that. And yes it is advanced magic. So kindly refrain cause I hate pulling the VC card. Thanks))  

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:15 pm
Dame NightFury
Akureikami
Dame NightFury
Spazcatking
((OOC: With five brothers in Drumstrung, she knows the spell and the wand movements, she just doesn't have the experience. It would take her about a hundred tries, but that doesn't mean she wouldn't try. That is how my character is. Thank you.))

((ok I'll put my foot down. They are first years, I'm a VC I say no. They haven't learned any spells. Yes they can know the motion and the spell itself, but the chances of them actually succeeding are very very very slim. Before anyone throws out the Herominoe card, she is a rare exception. It takes several tries to do something like that. And yes it is advanced magic. So kindly refrain cause I hate pulling the VC card. Thanks))
((It's okay, she's already thinking that it's a bad plan to begin with and is going about trying to figure out if it really is that odd that a crow showed up at Hogwarts at all even if it was carrying something. In the long run, she'd have thought better of it, but for different reasons than the obvious - her not really being able to do it. I know the rules. I'm just playing my character as she sees herself. And she has way too much confidence; she can't help it with the way she was raised.))

((ok sorry. I explained my bit in a pm. I applogize for any harsh sounding bits and jumping the gun))  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:06 pm
User Image
Morvin Varren

Morvin smirked as well. "Where else would I be? Gryffindor?" He shuddered and mock vomited. "I'm excited for the year to start. I can't wait to get to know you better. Better than being trapped with my father recalled the old days."  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Sailor Tralfamadore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:20 pm
Roisin handed Stella a roll, telling her no one would mind if she started eating. Stella smiled. She hoped they would be friends. Roisin was acting friendly, but Stella couldn't help but wonder if she was just being polite. Stella was a half-blood, after all.

Stella was excited to hear that so many of the other students were musicians - that Roisin was a violinist, Charon a pianist and Ariya a singer. Well, Slytherin was known for its talent. "Both my parents are musicians," she said. "So I was taught music from an early age. I used to play piano, but I kind of dropped it when I decided to focus on clarinet."  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:40 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin smiled and took another look around the Great Hall. It seemed that the commotion with the crow had passed and been forgotten for with the sorting taking most of the attention. Only those at Slytherin's table would probably remember it happening, and only those that cared to remember at that. Maybe Lorcan was right, maybe she did worry too much.

"The clarinet is usually the dropping off point for the saxophone. Have you thought about adding the instrument to your talents?" Roisin asked focusing once again on Estella. She was an interesting individual. Worth knowing, at the very least, and she brought a new - perceptive as well. "Most of my family plays or sings as well, though only Belenus plays two instruments, the guitar and the lyre. Music is the first language that we're taught to better prepare us for more."

User Image

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:45 pm
User Image

syтнεяιη

Isт yεαя

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars

User Image

~

Shins head was still in his hands. He was so embaressed and ashamed. His less used left hand went through his hair, a hand that was also scared. "Miss? Just tell them that it was a gift book, a copy of a famous book" He said, just to Misd Roisin.

~

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:56 pm
Roisin O'Brennan
Slytherin - First Year

Roisin smiled at the girls she was conversing with and held up her hand. She leaned to Sever's ear and whispered to no one else but him would hear,
"Most unfortunately, both Estella and Ariya heard when you first mentioned it was missing. They both promised not to mention it again, especially to those outside the House." She patted his back again and tried to smile. It came out as more of a grimace. She knew that Sever would have preferred no one to have known it was even here, but salt was rubbed on the wound with that information. But Roisin refused to lie or give him any falsities in this matter though, so he'd have to find a way to deal with that.

Roisin pulled away and became attentive to the entire group around her once again. She reached for another roll and passed it to Sever. "Here. Eat it. It'll help you focus. Is everything in order now?"

User Image

Dame NightFury

Romantic Lunatic

7,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Inquisitor 200
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 177 178 179 180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games