Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)
Dueling Club ~ [[Open 2059-2060]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:51 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ 5th Yr Gryffindor ➳ ➳
➳ ➳ Muggle-born, Daughter of Late Officer Brian Kiss of the Kent Police ➳ ➳
➳ ➳ PrefectBeater on Gryffindor Quidditch Team ➳ Vice-Captain of the Reparifors Group Therapy ClubDueling Club Member ➳ ➳

Laurel and Dragon Heartstring Wand
Born on June 22, 2011
5 feet 7.5 inches tall
Wearing: Black and Red
At: The Dueling Club
Time: 2026-2027 School Year
Thinking: The dueling club? How do I end up getting roped into everything? Thank God, I took no real interest in music or I would be really in trouble.

User Image Ronna glanced over when she heard a fairly cheerful 'hello everyone'. Raising a brow when she saw Theo deciding to stand next to her she shook her head half bemused. So much for her theory that Theo was avoiding her. She couldn't keep track of the underclassmen's moods-he'd avoid her one second, the next act like things were absolutely normal, and other times just shooting glares at whatever friend she happened to be with-or acquaintance. Maybe it was just a stage of getting older? It wasn't like Ronna didn't have her moments-such as practically her entire second year or practically any time she ever spoke to Elli. She half wondered where the redheaded upperclassman end up, but figured she didn't care for the former Gryffindor Quidditch Captain enough to really bother keeping up one way or another. She didn't wish ill, but she wasn't exactly overly enthusiastic to keep track either.

Veronica nodded at Leo's greetings and smiled when Leo enthusiastically greeted Theo saying she knew he'd make it. Well, Leo had a point, Theo had seemed to take an interest in dueling somewhere fairly actively. She glanced over to David after he said he didn't have a set game plan but did want to speak to her. "Sure," Ronna said to David and when David said someone would have to wait to be partnered with her, she laughed shortly, "Seriously? I'm not that exciting of someone to duel against."
User Image
Taking another sip of coffee she followed David to the side of the courtyard and once they were a bit away from the group he spoke and she listened. When he said if she was willing to take on being the club leader and was the most experienced, Ronna stared in surprise for a moment before recovering. "Club leader? Right... I don't know how experienced I would say I am," She said quickly. "And, I just don't have enough common sense not to fully commit to anything..." She took a breath, thinking it over and said with a smile and shake of her head, "I can't really object to it. I mean that wouldn't be responsible of me. I don't know what I can offer to help but I can always do my best. If you think I can manage I should at least give an effort. I doubt the others would leave me completely hanging. I mean there is Leo and I'm sure Theo and most of the others wouldn't watch the entire club burn to the ground if I end up being completely incapable."

She nodded, "Sure, though, I'm willing to give it a shot."

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:05 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxTheo Gibbs
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxGryffindor Fourth Year

"Some are born great, some achieve greatness..."

Theo listened to everyone and the conversations that had been going on and before he knew it, he was being bum rushed by Leonette. He smiled as she rushed over to him, claiming that 'she knew' he would make it. Of course, this really wasn't a claim because there was no way he would miss the club meeting in Dueling. He loved Dueling and nothing filled him with more joy than that. "Of course I'm here. I wouldn't miss this for the world. I couldn't leave my partner hanging like that," he said, smiling at her. Leo was always a person that made him happy...no matter what. They just had so much in common, plus Leo was just a generally pleasant person. She was always smiling and it was almost contagious. That was yet another thing he liked about her.

"I can't wait to get started. Are we going to try wandless?" he asked, her, shrugging his shoulder. Theo was always up for challenges and the time they would have casting spells wandless would be interesting. Theo had practically mastered the spells with his wand; so he needed a little practice. He was sure Leo was just about as good as he was too so he figured he would ask.

"And some have greatness thrust upon them"

murruelecreuset

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:39 pm
Leonette Rosalia Mitchell
Gryffindor Fourth Year
Chaser ~ Dating David League

David Clarisse
Gryffindor Seventh Year
Seeker ~ Dating Shayna ~ Werewolf

User ImageUser Image Location: Dueling Club

When Ronna told him that she wasn’t that exciting to duel David smiled. “Hey, you should give yourself some create.” He told her before going over to a more private spot of the courtyard. Leonette watched them walk off knowing what they were going to talk about. Looking back to Theo she smiled brightly. “Glad to hear because it would be terrible not having my partner.” She said just the thought of them being partners in dueling always made her happy. He was probably one of her all-time favourite people to hang with. In fact she always looked forward to the time she got to spend with him.

With him graduating he just had to get a replacement and he couldn’t think of anyone better. “You have experience maybe not at dueling exactly but you are one of the most dedicated people I know.” He told her. He smiled when Ronna agreed to it. Honestly it was a tossup between her and Theo. Out of the two she’d proven to him that she wouldn’t give up on the club. Whereas David didn’t know if Theo would, his actions after trying out for Quidditch showing him the fact that he could very well walk away.

“I know you can handle it and you’re right you’ve got the others to back you up.” David said happy that he wouldn’t have to worry about the club when he was gone. “I’m glad you’re willing to give it a go.” Now all he had to do was get through the rest of the year. “Now that I have that settled I guess I better get the fun started.” David told Ronna. With that he headed back to the group, he had a job to do after all.

“You bet we could use the extra challenge.” Leonette replied full of excitement. She couldn’t wait to get started. Just then David came back over to the group. “Alright everyone, with your partner we’re going to practice offensive and defensive spells. Like previous years, no spells intended to seriously injure anyone and no fire please I don’t want to have to explain that one to anyone.” He explained. “So I want all of you to work on attacking and countering your partner. Have fun and get to it.” Leonette looked over at Theo upon David's words. "You heard him Theo."

Leonette

Wearing: Jeans and a Red Top
_________

David

Wearing: Jeans and a White T-Shirt
_________

With: Each other and the club
OOC: Writer's block...

The Forgotten Weasley
Yukina101
mc2
RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:34 am
User Image
Veronica Kiss
6th Year Gryffindor Prefect

User ImageGryffindor Team Beater
Dueling Club Leader
Youth Representative of the Wizengamot
Muggleborn Witch
Wand: 13 inches, Laurel, Dragon Heartstring
Inflexible and Somewhat Knobby
Height: 5' 8"
DOB: June 22, 2011
Dating: Tobias Walsh

It is: Evening, Start of the 2027-2028 School Year//I'm at: a Dueling Club Meeting//Around: Hopefully plenty of Dueling Club Members//Wearing: Boots Made For Standing Tall

Veronica Kiss had arrived early and was leaning against the stone wall, sipping her thermos of coffee, having arrived early at the club. There wasn't much to do for set up at least-and as long as no one did anything spectacularly stupid and kept things on good terms it shouldn't be that hard. Besides, she doubted at this point too many people would be stupid enough to try anything blatantly stupid under her watch. She closed her eyes enjoying another sip of her coffee and was twirling one of her long blonde curls around a finger.

As she stood there, tapping one of the heels of her boots on the stone flooring she calculated in her head who was likely to show. Theo, of course-who probably would be irritated she had end up being placed as Dueling Club leader since she never expressed an obsession like he seemed to have developed with dueling-which seemed unhealthy, but Hell, he hardly spoke to her now. Especially since she started dating Toby. Then again, Theo had shut off a lot of people getting wrapped up in his own head. There would be Leo, of course. Probably Tanya-possibly dragging Echo with her, possibly not. Then Elsie joined last year right? With the David in her year in Gryffindor. One of the two hated David's in the fifth year. Though the Ravenclaw one was apparently more disliked, though Leo was dating him. Maybe it was spectacularly bad taste or the guy just was good at ticking everyone off and not so good at apologizing or showing humility.

Honestly, if she had learned anything from her father before he died it was one thing: owning up to your mistakes-even if you weren't sorry for them-you acknowledged when someone felt you wronged them and you did what you could to make it up to them. Or tried your best. It was one reason that when she passed over the club after next year she didn't plan to pass it on to Theo-she didn't see how she could in good faith without seeing proof he could properly apologize. He never apologized to her for anything. Not properly. She dropped her hand from her hair and twisted the handcuff pendant taking a deep breath. She could worry about passing on the position next year. This year she was going to focus on getting through leading the club without disaster when it was a club dedicated to flinging spells at each other. Simple enough, right?

User Image

{{OoC: Start of the 2027-2028 Dueling Club School Year.}}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:37 am
User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXXXXXXXXPre fect
Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
But I can shake it, shake it
Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya walked outside to the usual meeting place for dueling club with her gloves in her mouth as her hands tried to fix her frizzy hair into a ponytail. She spotted Ronna standing there by herself so she knew she was probably early which was good she supposed so she could save the older girl from the machinations of Gibbs. She might not pay much attention to any gossip that happens around (unless it was especially outrageous or hilarious) but even she knew about that. She wondered if the boy would try anything but he probably wouldn't since everyone knew she was dating Toby now, but she didn't know how teen boys think. She was even dating one and still couldn't figure it out. "Hey Ronna, feeling alright?" Tanya asked her with a grin having finally fixed her hair and was putting on her fingerless gloves. She had contemplated bringing Echo along to see if he would finally participate but had decided against in at the last moment. He always got edgy whenever he was worried she'd injure herself, which was sorta weird, hilarious, and sweet all wrapped into one kooky emotion. Especially considering that the both of them played chasers on opposite House teams. But what could she do. She hoped Elsie came by and brought David like last time so she could tease her friend about their growing closeness, even if she didn't admit to seeing it. Internally she was cackling and plotting ways to push the two together like she had done with Kas and Echo. There was still a huge repertoire of Disney songs she hadn't used yet.

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But every inch of you is perfect cause true booty comes from within
I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble

DuelingWhere: Dueling ClubWith: RonnaThinking: ~OOC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:30 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

House: Gryffindor{|}Dueler{|}Fifth Year

Theo walked into the Dueling Club, not really sure if he should truly be even participating in this. Why? Because he was sure no one at this club liked him at all...barring Leo of course. Clarisse had given the club to Ronna, which was a good decision really...because he would never want to run it...that's why. The two had some sort of falling off over the years, for reasons he didn't really know...but his adopted father always told him not to worry about making friends in school...mainly because they weren't lifelong and as soon as he left the school...all of them would probably be gone. Of course, this is coming from a muggle, in which their world...it made a lot of sense because the world was huge, but the British Isles wizarding community was a very centralized community where a lot of people would probably see them later, but he just thought of school as business now.

Leo was literally the only friend he had...and whatever his relationship with Alex was...he really didn't know what to call it. He did however congratulate Ronna for her appointment of leader, because for one...she really was a better leader than he was. He had no idea who was better at dueling, but the girl was a much more organized person than he was. "I apologize for interrupting you Tanya. Just wanted to tell Ronna here congratulations on becoming our new leader...you've earned it," he said aloud and for everyone to hear and then walked away. Due to recent rumors that had come up during his third year, he knew that Toby probably wouldn't see it fit for him to be around Ronna...and Theo...being a boy with respect for the Gryffindor prefect...didn't say anything more. He said it with the normal seriousness though...making sure to emphasize the lack of jealousy within him. Because he truly wasn't the slightest.

He stayed to himself over in the corner. He was half-tempted to just leave. He would've probably done it if Leo wasn't in the club. The girl was his closest friend and he trusted her...trusted her as much as he trusted Ronna before...hopefully that friendship won't get soiled too, but he knew nothing like what happened between him and her would never happen again. He regretted what he said every single day to the poor Romellier that day. Maybe everyone magically found out about it and judged him for it. Or Ronna said something about it, which could've been a possibility...speaking that it wouldn't be the first time he's been betrayed. That was pretty much the basis of his whole life after all from birth.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:28 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss

Dueling Club Leader
Muggleborn Witch

It is: Evening, Start of the 2027-2028 School Year//I'm at: a Dueling Club Meeting//Around: Hopefully plenty of Dueling Club Members//Wearing: Boots Made For Standing Tall

Ronna raised a brow pushing off the wall when Tanya walked in and asked her if she was feeling alright, "Why shouldn't I? You're the one with your OWLs this year. I've more or less figured out what I plan to do after I graduate and if all else fails I can always become an Arithmancer-because I don't think it is possible to get less than an E on that NEWT even if I wanted to."

She shrugged and thought about mentioning how annoyed she was in quidditch try-outs when Tanya (along with way too many others) automatically assumed she was placed as vice-captain. And she wasn't stupid, she had saw some of the surprised looks some had when Toby was declared as vice-captain. It annoyed her for multiple reasons and she half wondered if it did as much because she was dating Toby.

She shrugged when she noticed Theo walk in looking much like a lost little puppy and he said he apologized for interrupting Tanya and then congratulated her and then more or less sulked away. She paused took a deep breath and then said to Tanya, "For the next thirty seconds to a minute, I am not leading this club, okay?"

With a nod to her fellow Gryffindor she approached Theo and said arms crossed, "Robin Theodore Gibbs, off the record, I will either beat you half to death or throw so many cheering charms at you that you will be smiling more than a Barbie for a week if you keep sitting in the corner like some depressed six year old."

She took a deep breath and said, "Granted, professionally, I'm not going to let my personal feelings dictate that for this meeting but seriously, what the Hell is your problem? Do you honestly think it is healthy to sit in some corner when something is bothering you and avoid people? Let me tell you: it isn't and it is pathetic."

"You know for a fact, Mr. Gibbs, I sure as Hell didn't do that during my fourth year and I had perfectly good reason to. I may not have talked about it, but at least I didn't sit in the corner begging someone to notice how miserable I am," She hissed at the younger Gryffindor before letting out a sigh and said calmly, "However, in about five seconds I'm going to go back to leading this club as normal and I can't ethically or in good moral conscience kick you out of this club for pissing me off because of your attitude. It isn't like you are causing an active safety concern or anything by acting like this. Besides if I did that much it would be me merely showing favoritism in my own way towards you-and I don't believe in doing that when in charge of something." She raised a brow, arms still crossed but her expression going back to a more neutral expression.

User Image
                                                  Yukina101
                                                  RedEagleEye007
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Quote:

{{OoC}}

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:32 pm

Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya gaped at Ronna as she turned her innocent question of concern back at her and towards her OWL's at the end of the year. She barely resisted letting out a wail and floundering on the floor proclaiming life's unfairness so she merely settled for letting out a loud sigh and groan. "A, thanks for reminding me about those for the split second that I wasn't thinking about them, and B, I asked because you were looking a bit, Idunno, down. Also, sorry about the mixup the other day at try outs. I only thought it would be you because you're pretty much the only voice of reason among us hooligans. Actually, I kinda assumed that's why David chose you to lead this club, besides the fact that you're also the oldest." she added with an apologetic look and grin. She had felt bad at her assumptions that the older girl would be the VC in Quidditch mainly because she had seen how uncomfortable she, Toby, and Crash had looked. Her usual talent of placing her foot in her mouth had been at a all time high at that moment. After her brief apology, Gibbs came by and offered his own congratulations before leaving for a corner looking like a recently snipped puppy. Tanya raised her eyebrow at that seeing as he usually looked like he created the definition of dueling during this club time and then raised it higher at Ronna's declaration before giving a brief nod and trying to act like she wasn't trying to overhear what it was exactly she was saying. Because whatever it was, she was saying it in a very pissed off no-nonsense manner...so basically she was saying it in her normal tone just a tad more pissed off. She couldn't hear everything she was saying, unfortunately, but from her body language she got the gist of it and began to look around and act like she wasn't actively eavesdropping when it was almost sort of obvious.

mc2

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

DuelingWhere: Dueling ClubWith: Ronna and TheoThinking: What in the world..?OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:17 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Dueling Club Meeting

Leonette headed off to dueling club like she always did. She quickly noticed Theo and smiled. She knew he’d come that was a given. If he hadn’t she’d swear something was wrong with him. Then she noticed Ronna, whom her cousin left in charge last year. The two were talking so when she spotted Tanya Leonette quickly made her way over to her fifth year friend. “Hey what’s going on?” she asked Tanya quietly curiously. Glancing over at the two she wondered what was up with them. They hadn’t been the same in a long time and she hadn’t a clue why…

With: Dueling members... Tanya

Wearing: All in Orange

OOC: ---

Yukina101

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:34 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Theo sat there for a brief few seconds and then watched as Ronna seemed to be storming over to him...which was never good. He almost wanted to run away, because a mad Ronna was never good. A chuckle passed his breath at the thought of it, but he knew that if she was mad...this had to be serious. He readied himself for any barrage that awaited him, making sure to remember not to get overly mad about things like last time.

What followed was interesting. It started with her using his full name...and said it with a confidence that really demanded his attention. He would listen...as long as she didn't go insulting him or anything. He really had no idea how to talk to her at this point, because he didn't know what to say...ever. They fell out for a reason...a reason that he was actually not even sure of. He did get a chuckle out of what she said too because she was just the way he remembered her. It might have been three years since they've last talked, but she hasn't changed at all. "I'm well aware," he said, giving her a small smile...but it was the best he could muster really.

"I really don't know Ronna. I'm no longer allowed to play football. I've lost quite a bit of any friends I've had. I haven't had the best time here. I guess it has changed me a little bit," he admitted to her, putting his hand on his forehead and rubbing it. He really had no idea what to do about all of his problems, but he usually just ignored them and isolated himself at times like he was doing then.

"Yes I know Ronna...and I admire that about you and I personally wish I could do that, but I deal with my problems differently. And I am not begging someone to notice me at all...I went over here think for a little bit okay?" he assured, her shaking his head at any notion of him trying to look miserable. That wasn't what he was doing at all. At least he didn't mean to if he was.

"Truthfully, you can kick me out if you wanted to honestly...I don't think anyone would question it either," he said to her, shrugging and raising his eyebrows. He had nothing else to say really. He already said congratulations to her so really that was out.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:55 pm
User Image
Veronica Kiss

Dueling Club Leader
Muggleborn Witch

Ronna took a long breath as Theo finished his response to her telling him off and massaged her forehead for a brief moment before looking at him, narrowing her eyes and saying after several curses under her breath, "I have never wanted to slap someone so much in my life before."

Crossing her arms she raised a brow and said, "Football. Football. Football. I got an O on my Wizard Law Owl, Gibbs, and was nominated as the Youth Representative of the Wizengamot. And, I know muggle regulations. I'm fully aware of the limitations of the law. You want to whine how it is so unfair you can't play a stupid sport? How about the fact my biological mother thinks I go to an all girl's school and am studying maths and thinking about attending a muggle university in the States? Trust me that pending blow-up when I reveal I'm not going to will be fun. Granted she's a horrible cow and I could care less what she thinks but still..."

"And plenty of muggles have this whole bright sports career ahead of them and then screw up their knee or something and can't go that route. It's called a plan B," She continued unimpressed. "The reason you've lost friends is because you can't see past yourself and put things in actual perspective."

"And, you admire me for how I handle my problems? Don't give me so much credit, Theo," Ronna said. "I personally know people who are fully capable of doing almost exactly the same thing I did-and do. And, there are people who have it a lot worse. You aren't stupid. And you are a Gryffindor-so act it. Grow some balls and move forward. Don't act like some neutered little puppy or some washout obsessing over what could have been. Moping about it isn't going to change things. You have a problem with legal regulations and what not of the wizarding world than why don't you work to put yourself in a position where you can change things. Ever think of that?"

She made a small 'tsk' and said, "Seriously, do you even know the slightest bit about me? I'd question the action. I'm not going to kick someone out for being an arse or a prat or a complete cow. It is petty and a crap move. I don't let my personal feelings dictate my decisions-especially as a leader." She walked away and raised a brow at Tanya and Leo who were more or less staring at her as she spoke with Theo. "And, Tanya, do you seriously think I'm the only voice of reason in the Gryffindors? Toby does have a fairly level head-or is at least as level headed as I am-for example."

"Anyways, beyond you three, not that I don't love the usual crowd of fifth years that show up, do you know of anyone else planning on showing up? I know Elsie and David-well the one in Gryffindor-did. Boyfriends? Girlfriends? Siblings? Cousins? Anything of that sort to expect? Because otherwise, I'll be sure to make sure to also make the club more OWL focused for you lot since its always practical-granted Defense Against the Dark Arts was my second lowest OWL score. A bit embarrassing really." She shrugged and leaned back to her place on the wall and said with a bit of a smile, "But, believe it or not, I figure the best route if it's just you three to be fairly laid back. You've all been a part of the club for a while."

User Image
                                                  RedEagleEye007
                                                  Quote:
                                                  Quote:

{{OoC}}

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:30 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Theo listened to her, not saying a word about her desire to slap him...he wouldn't be surprised if she did to be honest. He did seem to have that effect on people at times it seemed...so really...he didn't let it get to him at all. What followed however angered him a bit. The fact that she was bringing up her mother was something that was interesting...bringing up familial problems with a former orphan was never a good idea...especially him, because his adopted parents weren't like his parents...just extended family that might take him somewhere here or there. He had no idea what it meant to have parents truthfully...even if they were ignoring him. "I'm sorry Ronna...football was more than a sport for me. It was a release for the stresses I have...and still have...all the time. You may think of it as a stupid sport, but it was the way I coped with everything. I don't think you realize that the only reason why I'm not even in an orphanage right now is football. I was adopted because my adopted parents watched me kick a small ball around with skill and actually thought I could turn into something in the sport. So, really...Ronna...maybe it is stupid...but it has helped me in life quite a lot, " he said to her, shrugging his shoulders as he looked her in the eyes. He was completely serious and truthful in what he just said. When he was a boy, he knew nothing but Football and School and maybe that fact slipped her mind. Then all of a sudden, he turns eleven and his whole life was flipped upside down. He couldn't do anything he knew anymore and had to learn an entirely new way of life. She had gone through the same thing, but the way Theo was brought up was extremely intensive and focused. He couldn't go out with friends ever...the only friends he had were the occasional person from school and a few people on his team. So, for all of that to go away threw him off to say the least.

"And I've already been taking steps to do that. I've taken wizard law and what not, don't know what else I'd have to do though," he admitted to her, stopping there. He did however start back up when she presented a question. "No Ronna...I haven't talked to you in a good two years. I only know what you told me two years ago," he said to her, not saying anymore to her. And she walked away...so that played a part in not saying much of anything else. He moved a little closer, but he stayed silent, not really knowing what to say to anyone. He had a blank stare in his eyes...losing focus. If her goal in this was to tell him off...she achieved it, because he was at a loss for words. It made him realize how terrible he was being too.

mc2

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:51 pm
Are you really here, or just in my mind?
Can you feel the fear, of what lies behind their eyes?
They came from the walls; they tortured us all...
And drove us away from our home!
Here in the night, they are calling my name.
I no longer know what is wrong or right...
But I know I am losing this game.
What can I do; what can I say?

They don't know: Happy
If it wasn't for you: ....oooh, eavesdropping
We would never run away: Tanya and Leo
But away we go: Dueling Club

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | C H A S E R | F I F T H Y E A R | P R E F E C T User Image

Elsie walked into the courtyard, followed by Dave, a small smile playing at her lips. She liked dueling, almost as much as she liked Quidditch, and it continued to surprise her. After, DADA was hardly her favorite class, though she didn't dislike it, either. But dueling was different, even though she didn't think she'd ever be a an auror or a hit witch or have any sort of job where she'd be dueling at all, it had to come in handy at some point. She'd been in dangerous situations before, and besides, she was a Chimera now. She had to be able to protect herself to protect others, right?

"Better hope we don't have to duel each other, Beth," her white blond haired friend was mocking her under his breath. "Don't want to embarrass yourself."

She laughed and shook her head, ponytail swaying this way and that. "I wouldn't be the one ending up on my rear on the ground. And what did I tell you about calling me Beth?" she complained quietly.

"Elsbeth. It ends with Beth. It's a completely normal nickname," he protested, with a slightly sly grin.

"Literally no one calls me Beth except you," she pointed out dryly.

"And no one calls me Dave except my mum, and that's when she's not pissed at me. We're even."

Elsie was very aware that this was his way of flirting with her, but she was so used to it by now she didn't even flush or get nervous. She was just relieved they were still friends. She worried about him. She was basically his only friend, he barely fit in with his own house mates, he still didn't seem to have much fondness for any of his classes... She wasn't friends with David out of pity or a desire to mother him in any way, but she had a right to be concerned. She quickly avoided Ronna and Theo, who seemed to be... something, while Dave slunk over to a wall to lean against. Maybe arguing, maybe Ronna was just scolding him, whatever it was, she didn't really need to know, but she wanted to, just without prodding and nosing around. She sidled up next to Tanya and Leo with a quiet, bright, "Hi, are we eavesdropping? Can I join?"

I KNOW WHAT TO DO, I KNOW WHAT TO SAY, AND I WILL NOT RUN AWAY.

murruelecreuset

Yukina101

By the garden gate, I sit with my sisters.
I just hope it's not too late, for my mother and father.
Shall we go back inside; there is no reason to hide.
We can fight and take back our home here in the night!
They say when the wolves come out of the walls...
That it's all over, but it's not all over, 'cause we won't go!
Here in the night, they are crying in pain, and I know...
Everything is not alright, so we shall not fight in vain.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:50 pm

Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya was still watching the action, or non-action, happening between Ronna and Gibbs when Leo came up and asked her what was going on making her shrug in response. "No idea. Gibbs just sorta looked like a kid who was told Christmas was canceled and Ronna went over to beat the sense into him. Not literally, I mean." But one could always hope was her internal thoughts. It's not that she didn't like the boy (ok, that was a lie, she didn't) it's just that the little she knew about him she didn't like. It was completely unfair, she knew this, but she felt that as long as he wasn't a complete arse to her, her friends, or Cookie, then they were fine. She was then startled from her thoughts when Ronna came back over from her little "pep talk" with the other teen and commented on her thoughts of her being the voice of reason on the Quidditch team, or in Gryffindor in general. At that she just gave the older girl a pointed look and a raised eyebrow. "I don't doubt that Toby is level-headed, but when his normal looks is that of grumpy cat most people aren't gonna want to go to him." Tanya said and immediately wondered if anyone else would get her meme reference seeing as it was a rather dated thing and most people here didn't necessarily use the internet. Maybe they taught it in muggle studies here. Come to think of it, what did they teach in muggle studies anyhow?! She was so concentrated on her thoughts she nearly missed out on Ronna explaining that she'd be mostly helping them with their DADA practical OWL considering most of them were fifth years. Tanya thought that extremely nice of her and wondered if this was just going to be her excuse to pummel them into the ground. Then she thought that that would be extremely underhanded and if the older girl wanted to pummel them then she just would, no strings attached. Just after her tiny speech, she spotted Elsie walking towards the group with David in tow making her grin slyly at how close the two were walking and how intimately they were speaking to each other. Hmm...she might have to go the Hercules route with these two. She laughed at her question to join in eavesdropping while watching David stalk off to a wall to lean against. "Too late, you already missed the best parts. Buuuttt, you can talk about you and mister Shoichet over there being all buddy buddy. Hmmm?" She responded back quietly while lightly poking her friend in the ribs with a teasing smirk on her face.

mc2

murruelecreuset

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

DuelingWhere: Dueling ClubWith: Ronna, Gibbs, Leo, Elsie, ShoichetThinking: Maybe ''Accidentally in Love'' would work too...OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

amo10690

Greedy Shopper

7,650 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:13 pm
User Image

Age:Eleven Wand:11 1/2inches, Maple, and Dragon Heartstring Pet: Artemis

Arianna entered the area she had been told the Dueling Club was held. She didn't know for certain if second years were even allowed to join. As she walked cautiously into the room she noticed there were several older students there. There was no one younger like herself. Maybe that's a good thing. I could learn more advanced spells to get better grades. She took a deep breath and confidently walked forward towards a few of the girls that she recognized. "Um, excuse me. Hi. I'm Arianna Davenport. I was wondering if second years are allowed to join the club as well?" She did her best not to look intimidated by the group but she felt a slight tension in the air and she began to wonder if she was interrupting something.

OOC: Sorry if I am throwing things off. Would it be okay if I joined in?  
Clubs (Looking for Clubs!)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 41 42 43 44 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games