Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Snagem Guild
Uva-Naranja Academy [Paldea Arc] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:15 pm
"Yes...how things transpired yesterday was unfortunate..." Ms. Raifort responded to Freth, turning to face one of the hybrids in her class. "I suppose I got too cocky myself, I'm keenly aware of your team and expected to much of you all and for that I apologize." She continued. She would frown at Odd's comments, as unfortunate as they were she couldn't say anything against them. Then came Aile's questioning of how they would even go about it and Raifort sighed.

"Research, yes, but not in the way you might be thinking." She began, focusing back on Freth for the time being. "Instead medical research. One of the legends of the Herba Mystica is that possess profound healing properties and all together could create a cure-all, the proverbial philosopher's stone of medicine. We all saw the strength just one herb could give to a single Pokemon, the energy contained within them awe inspiring. To me that was enough to convince myself that maybe some of the legends are true, that the Herba Mystica could lead humans and Pokemon into an age without disease, maybe..." She stopped for a moment, made sure to lock eyes with the Snagems in particular, both Arven and Barbara noticing they were glanced over.

"...maybe even end the Shadow Virus plague." She declared, standing a little taller. The Snagems were not strangers to the virus, their team dedicated to fighting it after all. However this might be one of the rare times they were ever confronted with the topic of the Shadow Virus by a non-Snagem, a reminder that common people were affected by Ein's plague. Maybe even Raifort herself was and that could be one of her motivations but for now she said nothing on the personal front.

"As for where we might begin to look for the Scarlet and Violet Books we would turn to the last known location of one of them, the Violet Book that was last seen in the hands of Professor Turo...your father, Arven." Raifort declared, now looking to Arven who had perked up in his seat but then began to slouch down in it as if to make himself smaller and less noticeable. "We'll search the professor's old lab on Poco Path for clues." Arven flinched at this idea but again said nothing.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:20 pm
SubonicXP
"Hi..." The person said in a leery tone. They would then look around, as if checking to see if this was some kind of joke, that someone put Clare up to talk to them but once they saw it wasn't they turned their attention back to Clare and made a face, a confused one, what they were confused about was unknown. "Special? Math? No...no I don't think so. Ms. Thyme is kinda lame...nice, but lame." They said, dismissively slouching forward in their desk, resting their head. "So, you're the newbie. What's your deal?" They asked, head laid to the side to look at Clare. "Some kinda hybrid right?" The student asked, then it dawned on them that they hadn't give their name despite hearing Clare's and let out a grumble because it meant they had to be even more social. "...name's Indigo, call me Indie."

When the other student began to cough, Clare’s eyes went wide for a moment, concerned they may need medical attention. It was only a moment later that their breathing evened out again and they began to speak, at which point Clare’s cheeks flushed a dark lavender hue as they blushed in embarrassment. That question just kept coming up more and more since they had come to the academy and with every instance, the lack of an answer was becoming more and more of a sore spot. “Um…yeah. I’m definitely a hybrid.” They responded after a moment, struggling not to stumble over their words as they did. Indigo’s respond regarding Ms. Thyme were lost almost immediately, the hybrid now trying to become even more transparent than they already were in the hope of simply disappearing for a bit. Why was their appearance always the first thing people commented on?  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:19 pm
SubonicXP

Odd listened to Raifort’s response to his and his teammates’ criticisms, simply nodding at times until she was done. Once her reasoning for continuing to hunt these unholy weeds had been laid out, he had to admit that she might be onto something after seeing what it had done to the crab and the “Arboliva” as Sol had called it, by proxy. But something in her tone told him there was still some kind of ulterior motive behind all this. Exactly what it was, he couldn’t say but it felt like maybe she was glory-seeking. Entirely too many younger researchers had a habit of trying to capture a piece of historical fame for themselves from what he had seen(which wasn’t all that much, if he was to be honest). “I can’t say I fault you for thinking that. Not after what we saw in those badlands.” He voiced. “And I suppose looking through an old lab for some dusty book can’t be too dangerous….” He admitted with a shrug of his shoulders. “Just don’t expect me to be any help with reading anything we find.” He warned, leaving the statement there. He had no interest in explaining why just now. He preferred to keep that but of information to friends and one-on-one conversations if it needed to be known.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:08 pm
Beau would look towards Raifort as she began to discuss their next location to go to for their research mission. Which was some place on a path somewhere? Maybe a map would help but that was a secondary question after the first one that came to his mind. "Are we legally allowed into that lab or are you advocating for us to be creative?" Beau questioned, hand slowly raising to make sure that the attention was directed correctly.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:48 pm
Aile raised an eyebrow, glancing down to the recent acquisition that was on her belt. The Shadow Nincada had already eaten one of those leaves... That was a bad idea, she didn't want to be responsible for a Shadow Virus outbreak here. The Snagems were here because of what some of the others did, she didn't want to add onto that problem. Still, though...

Then she looked over to Arven when he got called out, who was shrinking down. She... could sympathize in a way. Kalos overall is the last place she'd want to go herself, just because of everything that had happened there between her and Snagem. And she was realizing, too, that she also hadn't spoken with her family since... well, too long. And if she ever did reconcile with them, it would be a day she was going to dread. So, she understood in a way. Though, she didn't know his story, so there was that. Maybe she'd ask him later. Right now, though, it seemed like they had their next place to go.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:13 pm
Brian listened as his teammates gave refusals for the continuation of this particular quest. He couldn't fault them for their reasoning, but for some reason, he felt the need to go on. Despite having been trapped in a cave until Aile had found them and helped them escape from, there was something about this that called to him, and not just because of some plants that were only just discovered to be very real, instead of the myth everyone considered them to be. Perhaps there was more to this than just that they made any Pokemon that ate them incredibly strong.... His train of thought was derailed by Raifort's statement that maybe all the Herba Mystica together could cure the Shadow Virus. Wait, was that even possible?

"If that's possible, then why haven't people tried to prove the existence of these Herba Mystica before now?" he asked. "Why wait until we show up to start this mad quest?" By 'we', he meant Team Snagem. Surely someone had thought of this before, but why hadn't anything been done about it? "Don't get me wrong, if it can stop the Virus, then I'm all for going to find the rest of them, but I will not put my team, my friends, in any more danger than absolutely necessary, and if that means walking away from a battle I know we can't win, then so be it."

Rachel didn't bother saying anything; she was more the outsider here than anyone she could see. There wasn't much she could add to the discussion, anyway.  

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:37 pm
"She knows just the right things to say about the whole situation, doesn't she?" The hunter asked within Freth, though Freth couldn't blame her this go around, still skeptical about the situation. "This feels like she's just saying that is in order to coax us to go. We got nothing to show that this herba mystica stuff will do that sort of thing, nothing documented short of whats in legend, and although while the plant surely exists, that much is for certain, there is no assurance that such a thing would deal with the shadow Pokemon problem made by Ein's man made problem. The fact that the team managed to extrapolate something out of Cera was perhaps one in a million."

"Conversely, Cera is not readily available to everyone and its not something Cera is perhaps going to agree with in the long term. In turn, if this turns out true, plants can be replaced. Grown. In time, sure. But at least no one has to turn to Cera every time they need something fresh." Freth said to the hunter, keeping it within the confines of her mind. From having a crash course of trying to talk to Reno, Aden, and Crystal yesterday, it was starting to come in handy now so she wasn't disrupting the class. Though, admittedly, it was hard to concentrate on the conversation in her head, and the one around her in the physical space. "I will admit I don't like the whole situation though; I'll give you that it does seem like she was just saying that to get us to be more readily to move, but as far as I can see, we're not doing anything better here, and its still that one in a million chance just as it was with Cera. Might as well do something constructive if we're stuck here. Besides, unlike yesterday, at least we're not fighting something ginormous again...for now." she said.

"I suppose I cannot argue that...for now."

Trying to pick up the pieces of the conversation left over between Raifort and the rest of the class, something came up. "Professor Turo? I take it that he is this regions established professor then?" Freth then asked Raifort. assuming this professor is a similar one to say Oak or Elm. "Though...old lab? What? Is he not here?"  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:26 pm
"They have, no one has been able to find them until your group's unfortunate encounter with the Stony Cliff Titan who then in turn itself revealed the location of the Herba Mystica. Even I had looked into it prior. Call it coincidence, call it destiny, but things got moving when Team Snagem showed up." She answered Brian.

"As it stands? No, we are not legally allowed in the lab. However we can get permission, easily so." Raifort answered Beau, looking to Arven but ceased that train of thought for the moment as Freth spoke up.

Arven would lower his head and sink further into his chair as Freth mentioned Turo, almost falling out of his seat at this point, wanting to become as small as possible. Raifort noticed Arven, sighed, and turned to address Freth. "Professor Turo is...or was...one of the region's two professors." She began to explain. "Professors Turo and Sada are a married couple, the region's foremost experts on all things Pokemon. You might be asking yourself why two instead of one like most regions however it's simply because of their equal genius and fairy tale romance. Like most regions they used to hand out starter Pokemon until the academy took over...ever since Turo and Sada both disappeared. To make a long story short Turo left to explore Area Zero himself and when he did not return his wife, Sada, went after him. Neither have been seen since. And on that subject...I'm sorry, Arven." She said, looking at Arven and apologizing. "They were Arven's dear parents."

Arven would say nothing, instead sit back up, sigh, and keep his head down. "If Arven would allow us, as the only child of the professors, we'll be able to investigate the lab."  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Tsuki the Lunar Wind

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:32 pm
Tsuki would listen, absolutely enthralled by Raifort’s lecture on the explorer Heath. As someone who also was prone to a bit of wanderlust, he couldn’t help but feel a bit of kinship with someone who too sought out the unknown. What kind of mysterious Pokemon or phenomenon did he encounter, if he encountered anything odd at all? Before he had come to Paldea, he didn’t know about Terastalization or the native Pokemon here- or anything about things like regional variants! The world was so much bigger than the Kanto-Johto continent, he thought. Unlike the other Snagems who saw the teacher’s ramblings with an appropriate amount of caution, he was absolutely being hook, line, and sinkered by the romanticism of it all. Oh but the *books*. Two each possibly filled with locked away research on Paldea’s Area Zero. Tsuki would he lying if he didn’t also want to take a crack at checking that place out.

He felt his attitude dampen at Freth’s fair calling of the teacher out. But at the thought of the Herba Mystica potentially being able to treat Shadow Pokemon? Well. That seemed like a worthwhile endeavor. Even though Tsuki had never actually encountered a Shadow Pokemon before, somehow, in the time he had spent in Snagem… he knew that it was harmful to the Pokemon that Cipher had victimized. Upon hearing Brian’s hesitation, he spoke up.

“When did a possible fight suddenly become such a scary thing to you guys? I know I didn’t become a Pokemon Trainer just to sit back all day and avoid battles.” Tsuki asked, standing up with both of his hands on the table. “I say it’s better we learn about it before some new evil group does. And if we have to fight a massive Pokemon again? I mean?” He shrugged. The kid had seen that Herba Mystica being put to use up close and personal, he had barely avoided getting squashed like a bug from the Klawf’s boulders and the Arboliva’s olive oil. It could do some WEIRD s**t and it seemed prudent to get the jump on it before Team Ravioli decided to use the power of spices and some legendary Pokemon to try and take over the world.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:27 pm
Aile continued to keep a bit of a watch on Arven out of the corner of her eye, watching him sink lower and lower. He really wasn't good with this. Thinking for a good moment while Raifort was talking, she'd finally speak to him, rather quietly. "I assume you don't want to go in? I don't know all that's happened between you and your family, but if those books are as useful as Raifort is saying they could be, we should probably see if they're there," she explained. "I certainly won't ask you to go in. All I'd want to ask is permission for our group to enter. Hell, I'll even stay outside with you if you want someone to keep you company. And we can yell at them to leave everything as they found it, too," Aile added with a small half grin, attempting to add some small amount of levity. This seemed like the best route for them, at least if they wanted to stay legal. If push came to shove, she could manage to break in, but again, the team was on thin ice as it was. She didn't need to bring down any more heat on them than necessary.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:14 am
Blizzard120
Despite that inconsistency, this time, Tristen managed to get faster than how he ran the first time, though not by much, and Tristen was actually showing a little fatigue by being winded. That extra speed that gave him that few seconds on his initial run was a lot to pull off.

Matteo would perk up as he watched the sparks flicker from Tristen's feet, paying closer attention to how quick the boy was moving and noting he was indeed moving faster. He wouldn't note the poor rhythm in his steps, the Growlithe hybrid himself not experienced enough to look for such a thing and furthermore all that mattered to Matteo is that he was moving faster by any degree.

As Tristen came to a stop Matteo would jog up to him and happily slap him on the back, a congratulatory gesture that perhaps hurt just a bit. "You did it! You ran fast...er. Okay it wasn't that much faster but it was a bit! Now you just need more practice! How are you feeling?" Matteo beamed happily, uncharacteristically so.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:16 pm
Tristen could only look back down the track. He was winded, a lot of electricity spent. He almost equated it to the first time he actually started training back in the day. A lot of endurance training to start off before working on any thing more specific. Running with heavy clothes to push his strength, exerting more and more electricity in a Spark attack for more potency, and so on. One lesson that fed into another. As he tried to catch his breath, he managed to utter out “Exhausted…” he said was Matteo was trying to give him the pats on the back and what not, not paying too much mind to them at the moment. Even not getting it “right” in Matteo’s method, he was already seeing so many issues, some of which he already figured before even making his attempts. He was drained. He expended a lot more electricity than he originally anticipated. More than he even would with the likes of a Thunderbolt attack to run, what? 100 meters down the track or so? It was too inefficient. It wasn’t tenable. Even if he ran as fast as Matteo just now, it still didn’t seem worth it. Matteo wasn’t wrong, he’d need practice, but there was more to the whole situation than what Matteo had the skill set to even teach. Tristen was identifying in the back of his mind a whole matter of things that needed to be worked out, each part its own training regimen, it feels like. “…I think I got a while to go in learning this.” He then said to Matteo, not that he was dissuaded, but this was perhaps going to be the hardest skill he’d learn to date.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:11 pm
Tsuki the Lunar Wind
”When did a possible fight suddenly become such a scary thing to you guys? I know I didn’t become a Pokemon Trainer just to sit back all day and avoid battles.” Tsuki asked, standing up with both of his hands on the table. “I say it’s better we learn about it before some new evil group does. And if we have to fight a massive Pokemon again? I mean?” He shrugged. The kid had seen that Herba Mystica being put to use up close and personal, he had barely avoided getting squashed like a bug from the Klawf’s boulders and the Arboliva’s olive oil. It could do some WEIRD s**t and it seemed prudent to get the jump on it before Team Ravioli decided to use the power of spices and some legendary Pokemon to try and take over the world.

Odd glanced over at Tsuki and shook his head more at himself for what went through his mind at the other trainer’s outburst at first than at Tsuki himself. “You’re out of the loop, I’m guessing. Paldea stayed out of the war so I guess they managed to suppress the news better here but we’re on the Indigo Alliance’s leash these days and we’re here because we’ve been acting too much like a wild card lately.” He explained. “We’re supposed to be learning to behave ourselves and think before we act.”

Looking toward “Arven” as Raifort called him, he saw the way the kid was acting and sighed. “If he won’t give us permission, I could always have a Ghost Pokemon just wander in and open the door for us. It’s not breaking and entering if the door’s open.” He suggested, though it wasn’t clear if he was being serious or not. After what he’d just said, it could be assumed he wasn’t serious but who could say just now?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:15 pm
Blizzard120

"But you did it! Not great but you still did something!" Matteo beamed happily, content to see that Tristen, in his mind, had made something of progress with his teachings. How much of that line of thought was correct was up for debate but Matteo would not have such a debate as he was too wrapped up in the tiny bit of speed Tristen was able to gain, despite the cost. "Come on, let's get some more runs in! Maybe you'll get a better boost next time!"

-----

Matteo had attempted to get Tristen to 'train' or run more, whether or not Tristen did so was another story. Either way some time would pass and the bell would ring signaling the start of the school day, but not yet for classes. Matteo would grumble as the bell rang and turned to Tristen. "I guess the day has officially started. I got art this morning. You have math with Ms. Tyme, right? Have fun with that." With that Matteo would tell Tristen goodbye and head off to class.

Looks like it was time to head to class.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:26 pm
Raifort couldn't help but smile at Tsuki's comments about Snagem, quietly agreeing with the boy. As for Arven he would lock eyes with Aile and listen, though did not bother to sit up. "I don't want to, I know the books she is talking about and they are certainly academically valuable but..." He said, looking away from Aile, then hearing Odd's comments and let out a sigh before finally sitting up. "No, it's okay. I...I'll let you guys in." He declared, Raifort turning to look at Arven and smiling.

"Thank you, Arven, I think this will be a good thing for you. I know it will be uncomfortable but you can't avoid it forever, your parents, the professor, I know would agree with me." Ms. Raifort said to Arven who gave a look that said he agreed with her, just still didn't like it. "Either way, if Arven is agreed then let's waste no time and head out for Cabo Poco and see what we can't find."

-----

The Snagems of Raifort's class would be given time to collect their things before heading outside to the front of the academy where Squawkabilly taxies were ready to take them to Cabo Poco.

[Please post in Path of Legends again.]  
Team Snagem Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 29 30 31 32 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games