Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Ask Ms. Knitty (and pals) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:54 am
Kay-VW
Ok, I have a question about knitting. I just learned how to cast on, but I'm having trouble with the actual knitting part, I keep messing up when I get to the stitching part, I'm using a how to knit video on YouTube, can anyone help me? Heres a link to the video:

]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzz5QR0HG0E

If you work well from videos, I recommend www.knittinghelp.com Hopefully there will be a video that might give you a different view or explaination that you understand better?  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:19 am
This is a an opinion question. I want to make a medium size bag with size 11 needles. How many sitches should I use to make it??  

AccentualWolf

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:22 am
AccentualWolf
This is a an opinion question. I want to make a medium size bag with size 11 needles. How many sitches should I use to make it??

I'd try 20-ish and see how that looks. But then... your idea of medium might be a lot different than mine. *grin*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:17 pm
Hi! I'm a somewhat new knitter, all ive ever made is scarfs. Im not busy this summer so i was thinking of using my mound of spare yarn and making lots of squares then sewing them together to form a blanket, so i have 2 questions:

1: will this work? whee

2: if i keep needle size consistant, will the varying yarn size make it have such a variying distance off the suface its resting on that it will look bad?
aka: some squares a lot thicker than others.
thankies!  

black_fox52

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:59 am
black_fox52
Hi! I'm a somewhat new knitter, all ive ever made is scarfs. Im not busy this summer so i was thinking of using my mound of spare yarn and making lots of squares then sewing them together to form a blanket, so i have 2 questions:

2: if i keep needle size consistant, will the varying yarn size make it have such a variying distance off the suface its resting on that it will look bad?
thankies!

1) Certainly!

2) It depends on how thick and how thin you're getting, but yes, it'll make a difference. Your better bet is to knit squares to a certain size rather than hope the different yarns match up.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:34 pm
Catcheen
black_fox52

thankies!

1) Certainly!

2) It depends on how thick and how thin you're getting, but yes, it'll make a difference. Your better bet is to knit squares to a certain size rather than hope the different yarns match up.

Thankies! 4laugh  

black_fox52

Jazminny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:40 pm
I'm trying to make a cake, but I'm not quite sure on how to make the whip cream thingy on top of it as a decor.

For example[/img is by jeni-c, deviantart]:
User Image

Any advice/etc.? Please and thank you. ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:06 pm
Nevermind, I got it. :]  

Jazminny

littlemiss83

Eloquent Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:59 pm
Hi

i want to create a tote bag and i want to put tinkerbell on it i dont know how to put the image on it should i fully sew the design on, make each seperate part with a piece of fabric and put it together ... or is there a way easier way to doing this.

or if there is a website please post!

Extra details: I want to put it on black fabric the bag will be 35 cm x 10 x 38  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:15 am
littlemiss83
Hi

i want to create a tote bag and i want to put tinkerbell on it i dont know how to put the image on it should i fully sew the design on, make each seperate part with a piece of fabric and put it together ... or is there a way easier way to doing this.

I'm not really the best at sewing. You might want to ask out in the main forum to see if anyone can help!  

Catcheen
Crew

littlemiss83

Eloquent Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:35 am
Catcheen
littlemiss83
Hi

I'm not really the best at sewing. You might want to ask out in the main forum to see if anyone can help!
Ok thank you anyways  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:06 am
I want to redo my psp project (it is probably in the archives by now) and submit it for publication. The thing is I want to make it felted this time so I don't have to sew in a lining on the inside. Plus I know that to make a felted project that you use a bigger needle size than the recommended needle size. I made the original on a pair of size 8 needle. What size or how many sizes do I need to go up to make it felted??  

AccentualWolf

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:41 pm
AccentualWolf
I want to redo my psp project (it is probably in the archives by now) and submit it for publication. The thing is I want to make it felted this time so I don't have to sew in a lining on the inside. Plus I know that to make a felted project that you use a bigger needle size than the recommended needle size. I made the original on a pair of size 8 needle. What size or how many sizes do I need to go up to make it felted??

There's not really an easy way to formulate it. I'd buy some cheap wool and do trial and error. I'd first move up to an 11.... or a 10 maybe. You're also going to need to make it bigger. Just changing the needle size likely won't give you the result you want. Things shrink height-wise more than length-wise, so keep that in mind.

Hope that helps, and I'd love to see a photo of the successful product!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:18 pm
Dose anyone use a sewig machine! gonk http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r140/momoftobus/sewing_machine.gif">a  

disco_cat1

1,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Violet Song jat Shariff

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:26 pm
I'm sort of interested in trying my hand at lacework. I've been knitting for about 2-3 years (on and off; my knitting and I have an odd relationship xd ). Should I wait until I have more experience under my belt? What are some good books and/or sites to start with?  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff