Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Pain In the a** things about being a GOTH..... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:16 am
Well I don't call myself goth, I dislike labels because they are restricting. But since everyone labels me a goth, this is why it's a pain in the a**:

1. People always always always questioning my style. Especially my parents. >.<" In my head "I'm like no. ******** you, I don't ask you why you dress the way you do, so don't ask me." But out loud I just say "Because." That's cause I'm too nice.

2. Parents distrust me. Friends parents take a while to get used to me. My parents also distrust me. My brother is the one that used to sneak out to drink and smoke. I've never done any of that s**t. Yet I'm the one that gets questioned about every little detail whenever I go out and I always have a curfew.

3. There are no stores that I can just walk in and pick up something off the rack. There's Hot Topic yes, but it's uber lame. It's overpriced and it's like 99% emo/skater. I get all my clothing from Goodwill, but I have to pick through everything. It's not like I can walk in and pick up something in 5 minutes. I typically have to spend 30 minutes at the very least sorting through the clothing to find something I like that's in my size.

4. Being asked stupid questions. Like, are you emo? Are you goth? Are you in a cult? Do you worship Satan? Why are you scary? Why do you dress like that? Why don't you wear some color?

5. Being told I need to get a tan. I ******** hate being told that. I like pale skin, so what? I'm less likely to get skin cancer and tanning causes you to age faster. So there.

6. I get stared at. A lot. Especially if I'm wearing a long coat. Or knee-high combat boots. Or a corset. It can be humorous, but I don't like being that noticable all the time.

7. Being held to stereotypes. Whenever there are new kids at my school they're always marginally afraid of me. If they happen to be a seventh grader, they're utterly petrified. I'm not going to bite, I'm not going to kick your a** without a damn good reason, and I don't worship Satan or any other god. Please stop acting like I'm a deadly criminal!

8. Keeping my blacks black. I do my laundry correctly and everything, it's just that black gets lighter with age. It just does. And it doesn't help that I get all my clothing second hand, so they're always aged a little in the first place.

There's more that I'm not thinking of, but all well.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:02 am
Quote:
2. Parents distrust me. Friends parents take a while to get used to me. My parents also distrust me. My brother is the one that used to sneak out to drink and smoke. I've never done any of that s**t. Yet I'm the one that gets questioned about every little detail whenever I go out and I always have a curfew.
Let's show them..

I have the same problems.
my friends told good things about me to their parents, but when their parents see me, they are all like "OMG, my dear little son/daughter goes out with THAT person, she will take him/her in danger, surely!!".
they also think that, only because I wear black and strong make up, I'll make their son/daughter smoke, drink, take drugs and become a satanist.

also teacher distrust me.
when I was in the high school, I had to demonstrate every day that I am a good girl and I studied. No one believe that I like studying, but I do. and my marks showed it.

..that we can.

eledh

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:13 pm
A few snippets of wisdom from the gerigoth sitting on the porch under a faded umbrella:

those that mind don't matter, those that matter to you don't mind it a bit...
(i know...it's cheesy, but true)

school is not life....life... is doing the things that make you happiest to your best ability.

making your own clothes is it's own reward, finding the fabric store that carries everything you need to fulfill your vision is a pain in the arse though. too many times, all fabric stores cater to the
soccer moms and granny's who absolutley love flowery prints and the like, and the only time you can rake in the best findings is during the after halloween sales. either that, or pay through the nose for velvets and brocades throughout the year.

hang in there darklings, the time will come when you can surround yourself with like minded people, in a loving environment, where the sharing of thoughts and ideas are at it's peak. and please do not succumb to the temptation of becoming like the things that make others intolerant of you. Rise above them and soar through the night skies and pity the ignorant...for theirs is a life of dullness and unfullfillment.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:23 pm
eledh
Quote:
Let's show them..

my friends told good things about me to their parents, but when their parents see me, they are all like "OMG, my dear little son/daughter goes out with THAT person, she will take him/her in danger, surely!!".
they also think that, only because I wear black and strong make up, I'll make their son/daughter smoke, drink, take drugs and become a satanist.

when I was in the high school, I had to demonstrate every day that I am a good girl and I studied. No one believe that I like studying, but I do. and my marks showed it.

..that we can.

Well I go to a really small school and I've known all the teachers for a really long time so it's not as much of an issue, but whenever we get a new teacher it takes a while for him/her to get used to me. Then they realize that I'm a good student, I keep my mouth shut and I do my work. I don't like to study, but I like to read and as long as I have good marks and I'm not talking my teachers don't usually care what I do in class.  

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:29 pm
KeevanSixx
A few snippets of wisdom from the gerigoth sitting on the porch under a faded umbrella:

those that mind don't matter, those that matter to you don't mind it a bit...
(i know...it's cheesy, but true)

school is not life....life... is doing the things that make you happiest to your best ability.

making your own clothes is it's own reward, finding the fabric store that carries everything you need to fulfill your vision is a pain in the arse though. too many times, all fabric stores cater to the
soccer moms and granny's who absolutley love flowery prints and the like, and the only time you can rake in the best findings is during the after halloween sales. either that, or pay through the nose for velvets and brocades throughout the year.

hang in there darklings, the time will come when you can surround yourself with like minded people, in a loving environment, where the sharing of thoughts and ideas are at it's peak. and please do not succumb to the temptation of becoming like the things that make others intolerant of you. Rise above them and soar through the night skies and pity the ignorant...for theirs is a life of dullness and unfullfillment.

Eloquently put. And you're 100% accurate about the fabric stores catering to soccer moms and grannies. Fortunately for me though there are a lot of oriental grannies around here, so I can usually find some nice bolts of black silk with dragons on it. Silk is a pain in the a** to work with, but the finished product is usually worth it.

Call me a cybergoth or an anime nerd, but I have a thing for dark futuristic asian clothing.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:55 pm
the strangeness

Eloquently put. And you're 100% accurate about the fabric stores catering to soccer moms and grannies. Fortunately for me though there are a lot of oriental grannies around here, so I can usually find some nice bolts of black silk with dragons on it. Silk is a pain in the a** to work with, but the finished product is usually worth it.

Call me a cybergoth or an anime nerd, but I have a thing for dark futuristic asian clothing.

nice!!! the closest thing to it in my part of the woods would be synthetic poly weave they pass off as asian. neat trick with silk though, you can bind it to fuseable fabric (selvage) and then sew with it. it makes the silk a little stiffer to work with, but it will add support if you are trying to make an A-line dress or whatever suits your fancy.  

Keevan Draco

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:13 pm
Fluffy black and WHITE kitty + BLACK velvet = not good! gonk

But such is the life of a cat loving goth. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:21 pm
DreamerSpirit
Fluffy black and WHITE kitty + BLACK velvet = not good! gonk

But such is the life of a cat loving goth. whee

Same with me except I have a lot of black corduroy pants and well I forget to suck up the cat hairs and well you get the idea.

NekoYasha09er

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:19 pm
eledh
Quote:
Let's show them..

..that we can.

Yep I get the teacher thing also, they give me dirty looks, new teachers and subs especially, not getting treated fair and/or not getting passes, happens all the time.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:58 pm
1. Having to beat the s**t out of red necks gets to be a pain in the a**.

2. People staring, than looking away quickly when you look back.

3. Airheads talking s**t while walking past you.

4. Old people's dirty looks.

5. Attitude I get from pigs.

6. People trying to call you a poser because you're open minded about music.

7. Bible thumpers trying to convert you.

8. Stereotypes.

9. Stereotypes about the fact that I'm also Wiccan.

10. Gang bangers trying to punk you.

11. Co-workers suggesting you wear color. (I ain't got no color b***h!)

12. Price of make up.

13. The shrinking of alternative clothing stores in my area. (We're being overrun by antique shops.)

14. The low quality of goth cloths.

15. Price of Hair dye, and how long it lasts.

16. Lack of goth music in music stores.

17. The day Twingy left Marilyn Manson. (I'm aware that he's back, it was just a depressing day.)

NathanHellScream

Gothic Muffin of Doom

Dangerous Vampire

10,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:38 pm
Here in Egypt, being a Goth is just like a sin, not to mention dressing like one. Goth clothing is SO RARE, and so is goth music. But the real pain in the a** is peoples questions and looks. There is also the fact that is a lot of discrimination against Goths in colleges (like, your grades can depend on it) so you have to hide it well.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:34 pm
People assuming that you have to listen to music like slipknot and marilyn manson and have to wear all black trip pants and greasy dyed hair to be the least bit "Gothy".
Which I don't at all, which I why I don't openly label myself about this.

People not wanting to talk to you because they think you're "rude" or "antisocial."  

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:28 pm
People yelling odd phrases at you...or just rude ones.

Whenever someone yells "F*** You!" at my friend, he replies "Oooh, what time?"  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:04 pm
KeevanSixx
the strangeness

nice!!! the closest thing to it in my part of the woods would be synthetic poly weave they pass off as asian. neat trick with silk though, you can bind it to fuseable fabric (selvage) and then sew with it. it makes the silk a little stiffer to work with, but it will add support if you are trying to make an A-line dress or whatever suits your fancy.

Ooo.... I like the way you think! I'm going to have to try that now. 3nodding  

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:12 pm
Techno Mouse
People assuming that you have to listen to music like slipknot and marilyn manson and have to wear all black trip pants and greasy dyed hair to be the least bit "Gothy".
Which I don't at all, which I why I don't openly label myself about this.

People not wanting to talk to you because they think you're "rude" or "antisocial."

What's worse is people wanting to talk to you because they think you're antisocial. They talk to you like a four year old and try and bring you out of your non existent "shell". For a while it's confusing, then it's humorous, but after a while it just gets old.

@XWraith_LordX: rofl I'll have to remember that one for future use.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff