Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Will you dress your children gothic? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

So, would you?
  Yea, it'd be cute.
  Probly not.
  I'm open to it, I guess
View Results

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:14 pm
I think that it depends on what type of gotic we are talking about here.
I definately want my son to have a sweet mohawk. And daughter if she wants one. Fo sho!!
I would want my kids to have a very diverse closet like I do so that they have many choices  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:28 pm
Yeah I love goth. The person I'm dating is kinda of normal... I would dress mine goth, but when i go to see, my mom if i ever she would have a cow! She hate goths!
And I kind of hate her! stressed  

Egyp Cat Goddess

5,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200

Ionic_Warrior

Quotable Flatterer

5,400 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:47 am
I seriously wouldn't give two shits about what my children are wearing, unless it's inappropriate. Everything else is fair though. I mean, children are gonna get on your nerves, but as a parent, you can get back at them (in legal ways, of course).  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:54 am
mee_shee
When you get married and have kids, or just plain old have some kids, do you think you'll dress them gothic?

Personally I would, but I'd also have other clothes for them, and no doubt that if I do dress them gothic my mom will buy them other clothes. And I'd still dress them in those once in a while.

I just think it'd be cool to see a gothic looking baby.

Of course when they grew up I'd have no problem with letting them choose whether they want to continue to dress like that or not.

What's you oppinion on the topic?

same here. or emo clothing. xd  

black chrystal

Jkiller00

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:51 pm
Gothic little kids that would be cool.
neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:49 am
i think it wuld be funny  

Midnight_Fox101

Dark Absolution

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:05 am
well im 20 and i have a 5 month old son ^^
i dress him in loads of different stuff, he has an awesome alien hoodie hes always in, but tbh most off the goth stuff for babies is very expensive im talking, a plain set of 5 baby gro's for £5 but for a black one with a bat... £15
so yeah.. he's mostly in little skater jeans ect.
but i do admit he has little zombi t-shirts with rib cages and stuff on them and skull and crossbones ones wink

but im not going to force anything on him.. to be honest i'd love him to be a goth kid but i want him to be what he wants not what i want him to be.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:30 am
yeah i want a cute little daughter named Pandora , then have her a black dress and with any luck she'll be pale like me...  

master_maji

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:57 pm
master_maji
yeah i want a cute little daughter named Pandora , then have her a black dress and with any luck she'll be pale like me...
Have a kid with a really really pale person to maximize your chances.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:06 pm
I think that if I have a girl I will dress her lolita.  

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Miyu_Aizawa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:26 pm
I am gonna let my kids pick out most of there clothes as soon as they can walk. Whatever they want. Even if they are a boy picking out a frilly pink skirt.
self expression and such.
It would be cool if they grew into lovely goths though.
I would probably buy a lot of their clothes in blacks and dark shades of colors.
I wont force it too much though  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:02 pm
This topic makes me think of this. xd
User Image  

Awesome Akwardness

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:15 pm
AEtherclaw
Blije
@AEtherclaw I dont know where youre talking about but Im Christian too and my grandparents do like my clothes, not all the time but its not like theyre closedminded.

I dont want children myself but if I had them I wouldnt dress them 'goth' or black. I think light colors are way more cute than black things, but I cant deny that the little black baby shirts with funny texts are funny and awsome x'D they just arent cute.

it was a joke, but there are some people who if your dressed even remotely "alternative" will just come up to you and snarl "your going to hell" completely out of nowhere... or do any number of other things all the way up to trying to take legal action just because they dont like the way you dress.
You know surprisingly it's not even the typical little old Christian ladies that treat me like that and treat me like crap, it's people my own age. neutral

Little old ladies are always coming up to me and obsessing on how 'cute' and 'beautiful' I am (I'm not cute or beautiful their just getting old and losing their eyesight so they can't tell how bad I look. XD) and how great and adorable they think my outfits are, and I've had plenty go on saying they would like to dress like that if they were younger.

But it's the ones that are my age that shoot me glares and saying things like 'You ugly little goth b***h, your gonna rot in hell you satan worshipper'... It's backwards I guess.. D:  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:24 pm
You know what would be cute? Raising your kid as wiccan and giving them a pentacle to wear around their neck, dressing them gothique, and then sending them off to learn Latin so they could get a classical education.

That would be setting your kid up for awful stereotype missunderstandings. xd  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Wilixer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:01 pm
I probably won't; I'm gonna let my kids pick out thier own clothes, I'm not going to impose my own personal style on them. I'm not going to be a parent that lets them do whatever they want, and I'm probably going to be a little on the strict side, I think, but when it comes to thier personal style and expressing themselves, I'm not going to tell them what to do. So if my kid(s) end up dressing like me, that's cool, but if they end up dressing super-preppy or something, that's ok also.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff