Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Original Trilogy Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:44 pm
Mercury33
Yes but it turns out that the person who told him about his mother lied to him, so they wrap that up. And although changing the EU to fit the movies makes sense in theory, in reality it would probably end up as fake and pathetic as Greedo shooting first. Plus, almost every reference to the Clone Wars would be affected. All references to the clone wars involved humans fighting an "evil clone army" when the movie army fights only droids and evil people until they turn, and even then, they only turn on the Jedi. In my opinion it's better to accept everything as possible, unless there are direct conflicts. In that case, you simply accept the movies as fact, since GL is the ultimate authority.

remember, tho, that the "evil clone army" was described by non-imperials. the clone army was attatched to the corrupt old republic which quickly became the empire. so, evil, from their point of view, would make sense.

remember, Padme was saying stuff about the seperatists having the right idea... and it was never said (in the OT) what side was doing what...  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:40 pm
There you go.

Humans fighting an evil clone army.

Order 66, though it may slaughtered many Jedi, did not kill all of them.

So the remaining Jedi, some or most of which were human, must have gone back to fight the now "evil" clone army.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Mercury33

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 6:00 am
I might agree with the two of you if Pellaeon himself didn't have memories of fighting against clones. and he's about as un-non-imperial as they come. And I find it highly unlikely that any Jedi would have gone back to fight the clones, esp. after Obi-Wan changed that signal in the temple to warn them away. One Jedi at a time trickling in would have had no chance against the thousands of clones in the Temple alone.

Oh, and more evidence of canon conflictions can be found all throughout I, Jedi. When Nejaa Halcyon died, his lightsaber was taken to the Jedi Museum, where he was memorialized. But the mission that he died on took place AFTER the Clone Wars. After the Clone Wars, the Jedi had already been destroyed and villified. So, revisions to the EU would require a complete rewrite of I, Jedi and the X-Wing series, where Nejaa's descendant Corran Horn is introduced.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:29 pm
Mercury's right, which is a shame, because Stackpole's and Zahn's work is some of the best out there. That particular hole with Nejaa Halcyon would take a very big patch. I don't know how it could be done. They can't just say Nejaa died before the Clone Wars after all, because Stackpole wrote a short story with Nejaa that takes place right after AotC.

And none of the authors could be bothered to go back and rewrite their books for the sake of continuity. No writer would sacrifice the quality of the story just because it doesn't match the movie.  

Durza the Shade

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 11:50 pm
Which is why there are the levels of canon.  
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 11:41 pm
speaking of rewrites, try explaining to the author of Children of the Jedi why her book's not allowed in the official timeline anymore.

I was just watching the OT (again). Am I the only one who heard Obi-Wan's "from a certain point of view" excuse and thought "what a bunch of BS"?  

Mercury33

Nospai Deathous

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:37 am
yes. it makes sense. he wouldn't wanna tell luke when luke's at his whiny, impetuous, "i wannedta go to Toshi station to pick up some power converters" stage, but when he was ready. he knew he could tell him through the force, when he was ready, even if he (obi-wan) died. he also figured that luke would probably find out himself.

about the books coming in conflict, i really don't care. that's why they're not actual canon.

but if you want something disturbing, read splinter of the mind's eye. i forget the author's name, but they should have told him about luke and leia's relationship before he went and wrote the book...  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:38 am
goddamn double post! gaia sucks!  

Nospai Deathous

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:39 am
What I'm wondering is this:

If Qui-gon is the first of the jedi to learn the "come back after death to be a ghost," and Obi-wan and Yoda learn it from him, then,

Where does Vader learn that power?

I mean, we could always go with the bs excuse that the sith lord taught him, but...  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:43 am
the Force works in mysterious ways....
and Anakin IS the chosen one. he was always strong in the force.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:22 pm
Bullshit works in mysterious ways... When warm, its like a liquid, but when it gets cold, things are set in stone.

Much like how the movies were..  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:42 pm
Mercury33
speaking of rewrites, try explaining to the author of Children of the Jedi why her book's not allowed in the official timeline anymore.

I was just watching the OT (again). Am I the only one who heard Obi-Wan's "from a certain point of view" excuse and thought "what a bunch of BS"?

whats wrong with Children of the Jedi?

As for ND and his not canon remark:

Bull s**t! It is too canon. It may not be first level canon, but its still considered canon by Lucasbooks/works/ whichever the hell is the broader company.  

FrozenPhoenix32

Mercury33

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:54 am
FrozenPhoenix32
Mercury33

whats wrong with Children of the Jedi?

As for ND and his not canon remark:

Bull s**t! It is too canon. It may not be first level canon, but its still considered canon by Lucasbooks/works/ whichever the hell is the broader company.

The problem with Children of the Jedi is that the title alone conflicts with the movies now (duh). According to the movies, Jedi don't have kids.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:45 pm
you mean there were Actually Children of Jedi in that book? huh. Well, didnt Plo Koon have a wife and kids?  

FrozenPhoenix32

Mercury33

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:28 pm
I think you're thinking of the Cerean Jedi Ki-Adi-Mundi (the one next to Yoda in the council chamber that looks like the Coneheads). Cerean males are so rare that if he hadn't mated, it would have been very bed for his species, so he was given special permission.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 53 54 55 56 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games