Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:12 pm
what are you talking about, this thread is a pillar of reason and common sense.... albeit a twisted, jagged, and slightly homely pillar, but a pillar none the less!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:58 pm
dronze
what are you talking about, this thread is a pillar of reason and common sense.... albeit a twisted, jagged, and slightly homely pillar, but a pillar none the less!

Yes, and everyone here enjoys reading the twisted, jagged, pillar-ish ranty goodness. ^^ Can't wait until the next DronzeRant!  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Ravenlady13

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:53 pm
*wanders around and smashes into dronze's pillar* hey, watch where you leave stuff laying around, dronze.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:10 am
*giggles* You're so cute Raven...  

Black Hale

K0B0LD

Dangerous Wife

8,300 Points
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:09 am
I can't seem to find the mini-rants.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:49 am
kobold505
I can't seem to find the mini-rants.

it's post 2 page 16  

Dreccas

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:09 pm
I have links to each of the pages the rants are on in the first post in this thread.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:38 am
Thanks guys, I found them!  

K0B0LD

Dangerous Wife

8,300 Points
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

karmakeeper - bb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:16 pm
I have an opinion on these "rants."

My first opinion:

I think that these rants get into peoples personal space. Of course they do post it out in the open, though I think I might know the reason. People wish to see their posts out there and they are trying to prove a point. (Although most of the time they do stink at it.) My problem is, I could just as easily be sleepy and type in nOOb. Now, who are you to yell at somebody for a smaller grammatical, or spelling, error. So my first impression is that these rants are rather stupid and inhuman. They are rude and destroy confidence.

My second opinion:

Although I think these are wrong and intrusive, These have to be the funniest things on gaia.

So here you go, why not rant about this, it should be interesting.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:50 pm
I would write a rant about that, however, there's nothing to rant about. you expressed your personal opinion of them quite eloquently, and you are, indeed, entitled to your opinion.

As far as my approach goes, yes, they can get quite scathing and personal, but it gets the point across quite well. Hurt feelings are not my concern, actually, if the person on the recieving end is offended by these, then I've accomplished something... getting through to them on some level.

Aside from the more benevolent side of my beloved DronzeRants, I do, indeed, have a more selfish reason for doing them...

my own personal amusement.

As sadistic as that sounds, It is, indeed, my primary driving force for writing them, although they do have a constructive point (generally).

As far as picking someone apart for a simple grammatical error, or misspelled word, that's just a side effect. I'm a fan of being thorough when it comes to pointing out problems... If I'm going to destroy someone's confidence (generally with the intent of breaking someone's pride enough for them to notice and correct the problem), I may as well do it so that everything gets corrected in one fell swoop.

With respect to your thoughts on these, I do, indeed, thank you for sharing your thoughts about them.  

dronze
Vice Captain

Jars

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:02 pm
I think I like 8 and 9 the best, they make the best points, more real life issues, but after reading the mini-rants, I've kind of forgotten what exactly they were about. 8 was the one with the person complaining about disabled people....and 9 was about the guy who stooped ever so low to get the girl(had to check). Both points well made, but I must admit, if I met the guy in #9....ooh, let's not think about that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:49 pm
I now know a girl that killed her father by beating him to death with a blunt object.

Not that I cared about any of them, but I now get to give a former friend of mine the biggest "I TOLD YOU SO!" in his life.  

dronze
Vice Captain

Black Hale

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:53 pm
Former friend... Jay?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:59 pm
yup.  

dronze
Vice Captain

K0B0LD

Dangerous Wife

8,300 Points
  • Married 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:41 pm
User Image
Lil' Kobold sez:
Wow, your pillair of reason seems to be made of the crushed dreams of n00bs.
I want one.

Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games