Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 6:28 pm
No I didnt read Labyrinth hence, my asking.

So, Sifo-Diyas did authorize the army? why?  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:58 pm
Oh, I could have sworn you said you had. But you've been asking all these questions, so . . . my bad.

Sifo-Dyas and Dooku were worried about the rising dark side - it was "on the ascendant" as they say in the book. Sifo-Dyas thought the Republic would need an army, so he commissioned the Kaminoans. It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission, so he did it without the authority of the Council, but was planning to tell them later. Sidious didn't want them to know about it, so he had Dooku kill Sifo-Dyas as his final test before he became a Sith.  

Durza the Shade

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 9:13 pm
Just checked wookiepedia.

Says that Sifo had foresight and saw the devastation to come? Is that some dumnbass assuming and posting it as fact or was he realy a seer?  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 7:38 am
I don't think he actually had a vision of the Clone Wars, but a lot of Jedi were aware that dark times were coming. Yoda, Dooku, and Sifo-Dyas were chief among those. Sifo-Dyas decided to do something about it.  

Durza the Shade

Mercury33

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:53 am
FrozenPhoenix32
Durza the Shade
Mercury33
idea Here's a mystery that could probably be debated forever:
If the Emperor has all these cool cloning tanks, why not clone Vader?

And then transfer his spirit over, like he did to Bevel Lemelisk. Good question. I don't think that one's ever going to be solved. Perhaps the Emperor feared a fully human Vader for some reason? He did say Vader would end up more powerful than either him or Yoda.

Out of universe, of course, Darth Vader's armor came into being when the Clone Wars were nothing more than two words.

Because, apparently, Vader's Force abilities dropped after his injury, making him apparently(but obviously not) not dangerous to the Emperor. Remember, Sith slaughter their Masters to become the master, and Vader would have done it immediately should he have been human.

Question: Do we ever find out who the hell Sifo-Diyas was?

Even after losing Padme, I don't think Vader would have killed Sidious right away.. He'd want to learn all those cool dark side powers first. But even if he had, Sidious had his clone supply in Byss in case something happened.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 8:43 am
here's a good reason why possibly on why not to clone vader:

He turned good.

Why clone a potential enemy again? even with brainwashing techniques, it was proven anakin still had good in him.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Durza the Shade

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 9:54 am
Yes, that was the Falcon, and Jar Jar does in fact speak ( xp ): RotS Easter Eggs  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:27 pm
I don't see how that could be the Falcon

1. the guns, if there are any, are in the wrong places
2. there's an illegal sensor array on the left prong, as with the more recent Falcon. however, that wasn't put on till Solo had it added himself. remember, tho, Solo was like 11 at this time. =/  

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:34 pm
Lando had the quads mounted on the top and port sides when he had it. and besides, whose to say that another owner didn't have a similar dish then scrapped it sometime. the Falcon's an old ship, and has probably been collateral in a card game on more than one occasion.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:41 pm
i can understand the guns, but... the dish is a high-class sensor emplacement. you'll notice normal comm arrays, like those on snubfighters, are much smaller, but the Falcon's dish is like that of a capital ship. that it would have a similar looking sensor array, /at this time/, seems highly, highly unlikely.  

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:47 pm
they probably kept it on because the rectenna dish is a Millenium Falcon trademark. it's hard imagining the Falcon without it and thus makes it more reconizable to fans.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:50 pm
do you really think they won't recognize it without the dish?

they'll be like "Where's the sensor dish?"

and GL can be like, "Well, we're maintaining continuity. The flacon didn't have the dish until Han put it on, and that didn't happen till after he won it from Lando. Han was obviously too young to have won the ship in episode II, so we had it without the guns or the dish, both of which were added later."

and fans could be like, "oh, master Lucas! you are truly wise and wonderful!!"  

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:52 pm
Im not so sure about that. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:03 pm
ok, maybe that's not what would occur exactly, but still... the continuity is more important, right?  

Nospai Deathous

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:26 pm
the falcon has probally been so modified at times that bits and pices have been installed and removed.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games