Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wolves Of The Wind

Back to Guilds

Sandbox Style Wolf roleplaying. 

Tags: Wolves, Wolf, Roleplay, Family, Wind 

Reply </~~~~~~~~~~Old/Removed posts~~~~~~~~~~>
The forest Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 225 226 227 228 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

- Tasogare no Arashii -

Beloved Friend

9,125 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:13 pm

Walking a little closer, Serenity's stomach made another growl of hunger. The same idea appeared in her thoughts as well. They could go hunting; maybe a deer would be nice. Finally reaching Ahbuusiv, she extended her head slightly to sniff her, out of curiousity. Taking a few steps backwards she sat down on her haunches, setting her gaze upon Ahbuusiv's. "I'm new here too." She responded, just before her stomach strated growling again. "I have an idea, would you like to go hunting - if you're not busy. I'm just a bit hungry." She asked, hoping Ahbuusiv would agree. Glancing upward, Serenity noticed small snowflakes had begun falling from the clouds above. Her expression brighten when she saw this. Snow had always made her content.

((Hmm.. Hai hai. Wakarimashita. [yes, I understand] lol!! ^_^;; hehe! thx ))
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:48 pm

Eiwen slowly became aware of where he was. Instinctively he growled as the forest came back into focus and a flurry of new scents bombarded his senses. The large brute sprang to his feet and lept over the fallen tree, landing a few feet away from another jet black male. Eiwen snarled in surprise and confusion then sprang sideways so that he came to rest next to Abbie.

His black fur bristled and his hackles were up, but seeing Abbie fairly relaxed set him at ease. He rumbled a little deep in his chest, but his hackles slowly smoothed down and he shook himself to dislodge the dirt in it. He seemed to have passed out and his head felt a little hazy, but he was otherwise alright. Eiwen turned to Abbie and licked her cheek reassuringly. 'Sorry, I'm not entirely sure myself why I fell asleep, but I'm back now....' His emerald eyes opened and he shifted his gaze to the gaunt young female and dark male in front of them. His curiousity got the better of him and his head tilted slightly in a questioning gesture. 'And who might you two be?'

A strange gurgle sounded next to him and he snorted, Abbie's stomach was growling. 'It appears we all could use a good meal... Perhaps since there are four of use we can hunt as a small pack and make a meal to benefit us all....'

[[Yay, I'm back! I'll try to be better with responding to posts from now on, sorry about the long break, I had a hectic few weeks to get through. ;^.^]]

Loup de la Soleil
Vice Captain

- Tasogare no Arashii -

Beloved Friend

9,125 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:55 pm

Serenity let out a short gasp, as she noticed a wolf dashing towards them, snarling. She leaped back swiftly to avoid him, almost tripping as she did so, because of the sudden reaction. Her gaze left Ahbuusiv's landing on the male's, observing his posture as he calmed down. Serenity made no attempt to show aggresiveness towards him. Indeed she was frighten. 'This must be Ahbuusiv's mate..' She thought to herself, seeing as he licked her cheek. Instead of responding she stayed quiet, still keeping her golden-yellow eyes on the male. Her body stiffen, as she became tense.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:33 pm

Eiwen liked to watch the reactions of other wolves and the scent of surprise emanating from the new female was a slight boost to his inflated ego. He puffed out his chest some more to warm himself and make the appearance that he was even larger. His black coat shone in coarse contrast withthe snow, but he frowned as he noticed the similar colors of the two new wolves. He stared at his white tipped tail and swished it through the snow once, brushing the freshly fallen snow away to reveal where it passed over the dry leaves and dirt.

Eiwen lifted his head and cocked it at an angle. 'I am called Eiwen, and you are...?' His emerald eyes held a quizzical look as he stared at the new female.

The wolf's tense posture made her ribs show through her fur and there was a hungry look about her. Her gold eyes followed him as he took a single step forward and sat before her, white tipped tail curling around his front paws in the freshly fallen snow. Looking around, Eiwen could see the hunger in the new wolves' eyes and he felt a similar gnawing sensation in his stomach as his own protested with a gurgle. 'It would seem we have a mutual hunger. I would tell you where is a good place to find game this time of year in exchange for your name...'

Loup de la Soleil
Vice Captain

` n e k e n e k e

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 9:16 am

Serenity's suggestion of a hunt had barely reached the ears of Ahbuusiv when a sudden sound caused her to turn her head. A warm smile graced her features at the sight of Eiwen, apparently finally awake. She blinked, a tinge of guilt crossing her mind as he bristled, obviously unsure of the new wolves in the area. Should she have woken him, perhaps? But he had been so tired, and she knew that he needed the rest, just as she had when he had watched over her.

His comment on her hunger caused her to frown slightly, and look at the ground. Hunting with Eiwen? But she was a terrible hunter... and though in the back of her mind, she knew that nobody would poke fun at her for something she had never learned to do, it was still a bit of a stretch to say she would be comfortable hunting with the others. She had never hunted with anybody save for herself, and the notion of hunting in a pack made her nauseous and timid. Her gaze stared at the ground, darting up to glance at Eiwen, before shifting back to the area in the vicinity of her front paws.

"Uhm..."

The urge to say that she wouldn't go with them was strong, but she refrained at the last moment, instead choosing to be silent. Maybe they wouldn't notice if she just sort of vanished? Abbie made a face, knowing that would never work. This was bound to be embarrassing. She just knew it.

[Welcome back. I totally understand. xD]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:28 pm

Eiwen stared into Abbie's eyes and a sad look came to them as he watched her gaze shift uncertainly to the ground. 'What's wrong?' He circled around and stood next to her. She seemed troubled, so he nudged her cheek reasuringly.

He ruffled his fur so that it held in his body heat better and it made him look fluffier than he actually was. After shuffling his paws for a few minutes, Eiwen realized that they had a certain advantage over their prey. 'It's snowing, so we should have a really easy time of finding prey, plus we can hope they're a little slow on the uptake since the deer aren't used to this cold weather yet. If we can ambush a small herd, we could get one, maybe even two. What do ya say?' He swished his tail hopefully.

Loup de la Soleil
Vice Captain

` n e k e n e k e

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:08 pm

Ahbuusiv sat, staring at the claws attached to her paws. Absently she pondered, remembering a small voice telling her that claws were an essential tool, used to dug oneself out of many problems and to help create a suitable place to lie. To give one grip as one chased the prey that kept them from starvation. Her's looked dull and useless, much like she was sure her canines did. A small sigh escaped her mouth, and she resumed staring at her claws. The sound of Eiwen's voice shocked her out of her trance, and she peeked up at Eiwen shyly, shaking her head to assure him that nothing was wrong.

The nudge made her smile slightly, and she shifted closer to him, listening to his words. He sounded so enthusiastic... like a pup with a fresh lesson to learn. Ahbuusiv returned her gazed to her paws, commenting quietly, and ignoring the gurgle her stomach was trying to let grow loud. the urge to turn tail was growing strong, and she grew stiff, the more he spoke, the stiffer she got.

"If that is what you wish."

Yet in her mind she was screaming a resounding nodon'tmakemepleaseIdon'tknowwhattodo.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:07 pm

Her eyes shifted on the two wolves that were amongst her. Muscles realxing a little, she was able to let out a few words. "I am Serenity..." She replied softly, the exact same way as with Ahbuusiv. Sitting back on her hauches, a sigh of relief escaped her lips. Her ears were erect, catching almost every word of the conversation between the two.

The thoughts of hunting a herd made Serenity a bit timid. She had never hunted anything other than small prey. She continued to listen before she added, "I know where there are abundance of deer and bison."

((Shall we stay in the forest or go elsewhere? Oh and forgive me for my absence))

- Tasogare no Arashii -

Beloved Friend

9,125 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Loup de la Soleil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:16 pm

Eiwen's ears perked up. He could feel Abbie shying away and it troubled him slightly. 'Don't worry, there are plenty of deer in this forest, I'm sure it won't be hard....'

The brute turned to the new she-wolf. 'Serenity is it?" His ears twitched. 'I'm not so sure we could take on a bison with just four wolves, let alone without any experience hunting together...' His emerald gaze turned thoughtful. The two females seemed rather quiet and he'd had no experience with pack hunting. As a loner he'd relied solely on ambushing his prey and overpowering it, never the calculating and silent tread of a hunting party. 'No, definately not; at least I'd not chance it with a full grown bison.'

Eiwen turned away and lifted his muzzle to the wind. He could barely smell the small group of deer though he had no idea how many nor how far away they were. His nose twitched. 'Sorry, I can only tell that there are deer nearby, I'm no good with direction or stealth...' He turned back to the others and shrugged. Power he had plenty of, but sometimes common sense got the better of him....
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:00 pm

Though she was stiff and shy, she remained attentive to the wolves around her. At Eiwen's mention of the nearby deer, Ahbuusiv lifted her head, inhaling softly. The scent of them was there, and her nostrils began to twitch, her ears perking up slowly. Though she knew not how to hunt large prey, or with the aid of others, she knew how to sneak up on the deer, how to play with the wind to be unseen, unheard, and unknown to those whom she hunted. The wind was her friend, her ally, her lover, and as she inhaled, the soft sound of it drew her ears to moving, her claws digging into the ground beneath them with eager anticipation. With an inhale came the lilt of her friend, the breeze, telling her information about the ones she was thinking of; the deer. How far they roamed, their numbers. Their state of sleeping, the best approach to be unseen - such information provided with a mere whisper that nobody else could here, and nobody else would listen to, even if they could.

A glance at Eiwen and Serenity caused her to wither slightly, her enthusiasm checkered by those who would watch her move, watch her in her element. This was why she avoided others, because when she ran, she forgot that others existed.. like now. Coming back to herself slowly, she tilted her head slightly to the right, glancing at Eiwen.

"They are in that direction, about fifteen minutes at a run. Not too many, and some are quite young. As long as we are quiet on our feet, we should be able to surprise them."

And she fell quiet, staring once more at her paws.

[@Yoru; No need to apologize. Life comes first. And as far as I know, we can hunt here.]

` n e k e n e k e

Loup de la Soleil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:23 am

Eiwen nodded in thanks and closed his eyes again. The deer did seem to be just where Abbie directed. 'You may lead the way if you wish. I will follow and Serenity, you may tail just behind Abbie to back her up. I'll come around from the right, you two from the left....'

Eiwen paused and looked at each in turn to see that they followed him. 'We must be as silent as possible and luckily it seems the wind may favor us if we are swift. Since we are downwind of the deer, if we get there before the wind shifts we have the advantage of surprise. Once we are within a few yards we'll try to surround them. If you get close enough to one you think you can take down, then do so. I'll be there if you need help.'

Eiwen trotted towards their target for a few feet then stopped short and turned back to the two females. 'Remember, only go for the sick and elderly, that way it benefits the deer as well as us and maintains the balance.' The dark male paced back a few feet and stopped near Abbie. 'Just hunt by your instinct and you'll do fine... Ready?'
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:23 pm

Following Eiwen's directions would prove simple enough Ahbuusiv surmised. After all, it was an awful lot like hunting by oneself, only with a few other sets of jaws to help in the take-down. One must be silent and fast, and ready for a fight. Tensing slightly, she tilted her head, listening and nodding once. She understood. A glance at Serenity made her smile slightly. At least, she thought, with three of them, they'd be sure to find some meat to fill their bellies.

Ewien's last words made her flush slightly, and look away. Apparently, he had been watching her, and knew her better than she had assumed. Her ears lowered slightly and she nodded, smiling slightly.

"I think that I can handle that."

Nodding at Serenity, she trodded forwards, her body slightly tense. Food, here we come.

` n e k e n e k e

Loup de la Soleil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:07 am

Eiwen nodded, a smirk on his lips as he spun around and tore off in the direction of the deer. His footfalls were muffled by the powdery snow falling around him. He could see glimpses of the deer through the trees and it made his insides writhe with anticipation. He lived for the hunt.

Snapping out of his reverie for a moment, Eiwen peered back over his shoulder to see that the two females were taking up their positions. He slowed his pace to a hastened trot to let Abbie pass him and take the lead for the hunt.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:58 pm

A small sound escaped Ahbuusiv as Eiqen took off, her immediate response to follow him the best she was able. Silent, head raised, she could feel the wind rushing through her fur, and resisted the urge to reassure it. It was whispering again; as it always did when her heartbeat rose in tempo. And raised her heartbeat was, as she followed behind Eiwen.

His slight pause cause her to jolt, her mind on other things. Side-passing him, she turned slightly, going towards the left as she had been directed. The scent of the deer was strong in her nostrils by now, and her nose was twitching, savoring the scent. Quietly, she moved forwards, glancing at the others.

` n e k e n e k e

Loup de la Soleil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:53 pm

Eiwen turned his mind back to the hunt as Abbie wisked past him and turned towards the left flank. He pushed his gait back into a hungry sprint. The deer were less than a hundred yards away now and he could feel his heart beating with the fierce heat of the hunt. His eyes took on the steely gaze of a hunter as the dark brute sped around a copse of young pines and launched himself at the first startled deer, aiming at its throat and clamping down with a satisfying crunch of bone.

As the male let the warm corpse fall from his wet jaws a large buck spun around and took the bold move to try and drive Eiwen off. The brute snarled and thrashed awkwardly to get back on proper footing. The buck was tossing his rack of antlers back and forth and prancing in an anxious dance as the wolf turned on him, a fire in his eyes and snapping jaws still wet with the blood of the doe.
</~~~~~~~~~~Old/Removed posts~~~~~~~~~~>

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 188 189 190 191 192 193 ... 225 226 227 228 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games