Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:11 pm
Alianna Naviri
err.. which is..?

Look it up.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:12 pm
Quote:
OOC fact: Bacta makes the virus spread quicker. And its a latent virus, so a nanite would do next to nothing.

Latent Virus?

Sorry but I've got news for you from Wikipedia:
Quote:
# Virology

The "quiet" or dorment stage of a virus. The virus just maintains its genome and does not do much else until favourable conditions for the lytic fase appear, in which the virus starts to replicate.

Latent is a stage, even if what you said was true then the nanites could attack the virus went active. If you want something that's got no cure whatsoever go for prion based diseases. Unfortuantely those tend to act VERY slowly.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:13 pm
Nelowulf
@ Cale: On trying to combat the virus before it starts. Unless you can find my hidden bioterrorist weapons facility, somehow defeat the sith assassins there, and make out with the antivirus two months before it is completed, you're screwed.

I made the virus with a touch of sith alchemy to speed up mutation rates, so for the most part, sith alchemy is needed to create the antivirus.

So you wasted Sith Alchemy on a Virus?
wow.
Kinda lame.
You'd think you'd make some giant mutant warbeast or super destructive automaton.
What kind of Evil Villain are you?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:14 pm
Your Alchemecial skills pail in comparison to my own Wahaa! Haaa! lol lol lol xd biggrin smile sad cry  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:16 pm
stellarmagic
Your Alchemecial skills pail in comparison to my own Wahaa! Haaa! lol lol lol xd biggrin smile sad cry

You do realise Sith Alchemy is just the name the jedi call it right? Its not real Alchemy.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:19 pm
stellarmagic

Latent is a stage, even if what you said was true then the nanites could attack the virus went active. If you want something that's got no cure whatsoever go for prion based diseases. Unfortuantely those tend to act VERY slowly.

You missed the key point: The latent virus doesn't activate, true. But all the time, the cells are replicating the virus itself. A latent virus inserts genetic material into the body's genetic code. the cells divide, producing the virus. And the rest is history. The worst diseases in the world are not instant, they are latent. Hence part of the reason why I picked it.

Hence, the sullustians are producing the virus in their body. and then, when it activates, your nanites would be overwhelmed. But since you'd not know of the plague before it broke out, your nanites would not be able to help the population too much. It'd be too little too late. unless you can somehow give massive quantities of the buggers to half the population of the planet, and if so, I'll congratulate you on finding that many supplies and funds to do that.

@Cale: Learn from history, don't repeat it.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:21 pm
Nelowulf

@Cale: Learn from history, don't repeat it.

Wow. you are a lousy villain.
Real Villains dont learn from history!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:23 pm
What's this I heard about OCC? (Or whatever it was.) What is it?  

elvisnake

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:24 pm
Supplies? Funds?

Bah! Make them self replicating and dump them in the Ord Mantell Junkyard. A couple thousand tons of Nanites, thank you! Unfortunately it'd still be too little to late. I'd be able to save a couple thousand, but little more then that.

Of course I'd have to be on Sullust to get a sample of the virus, create my treatment and produce it on a planet under quarantine. Don't think it'd work.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:25 pm
elvisnake
What's this I heard about OCC? (Or whatever it was.) What is it?

In the RP me and Stellar were cooking up, Out Of Character knowledge would be forbbidden.
That means you are completely limited to things only your character would know.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:25 pm
I know. Its the good in me. Or perhaps the idea that I've read the guide to being an evil overlord.

Anyways, i'm trying to figure out a good name for my PSD. Any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:26 pm
stellarmagic
Supplies? Funds?

Bah! Make them self replicating and dump them in the Ord Mantell Junkyard. A couple thousand tons of Nanites, thank you! Unfortunately it'd still be too little to late. I'd be able to save a couple thousand, but little more then that.

Of course I'd have to be on Sullust to get a sample of the virus, create my treatment and produce it on a planet under quarantine. Don't think it'd work.

You'd also have to know it exists.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:27 pm
Nelowulf
I know. Its the good in me. Or perhaps the idea that I've read the guide to being an evil overlord.

Anyways, i'm trying to figure out a good name for my PSD. Any suggestions?

PSD?
Your Pellaeon Star Dreadnaught?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:27 pm
stellarmagic
Supplies? Funds?

And chances are, by the time you pulled all this off, that thousad tons would be worthless. Ah, the joys of the things you find on Gobindi. Including Imperial doctors with a cure.

@ Cale: Yes.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:45 pm
Asmodeus.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 189 190 191 192 193 194 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games