Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:02 pm

Kaze-Kage Daisuko
Yea, Ham is vicious, He kind of fits in with the old sith empire, brash and blood thirsty, and that was there down fall, hopefully that won't be his characters.
He's always wanted to create a villain in our D&D games so now he finally gets one. It will be interesting to see what kind of carnage he can reap.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:11 pm

Any-who.

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:14 pm

What's going on Des.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:16 pm

I'm the luckiest ******** in the world.

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Kaze-Kage Daisuko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:21 pm

do you know him? Because personally, I think the real D and D is retared and makes men virgins forever, but it can really only be played at the persons house or some place, out side the computer.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:23 pm

I wouldnt know; I've never played the real D&D. But eh.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:26 pm

Kaze: I find your attitude distasteful...I'm think Cale, Ral, Johnnie, and Ham will as well
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:27 pm

Kaze-Kage Daisuko
do you know him? Because personally, I think the real D and D is retared and makes men virgins forever, but it can really only be played at the persons house or some place, out side the computer.
Yeah I know him personally. And you can have your opinions about D&D, I've long since stopped caring about what people think of me for that.

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:30 pm

PaulTheWolf5575
I find your attitude distasteful...I'm sure Cale, Ral, Johnnie, and Ham will as well
It's fine. It's only an opinion. I don't like the comment, but I can get over it. But those three and I play that quite a bit and at least it keeps us from being drunk idiots that have to run from the cops (In high school anyway).
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:35 pm

The main difference between RP and games like D&D is the dependency on stats. It give actions, such as battles, a little more ordered structure but it might not have as in-depth of story or give the freedom that the RP will provide. RPs also keep people from power gaming which I've seen a few tries at in these. Hopefully Hamatula can keep from that, since he is the biggest power gamer among our group.

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:37 pm

I need a new name for my sith now.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:37 pm

The written RP needs variations of powerplay.

some people are just plain stronger than others. But its when you lose focus and become the wunderkid at everything that the element is lost.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:39 pm

Nelowulf
The written RP needs variations of powerplay.

some people are just plain stronger than others. But its when you lose focus and become the wunderkid at everything that the element is lost.

Basically. Like when someone tries to fight someone else at that person's strength, like what EK tried to do against Stellar in DR.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:49 pm

Welll, the key is to make sure everything thats a plus also has something negatvie too.

I mean, force users are most often violated so much, the line between powered and gming is ery thin. i mean, if you are a weak user, you can have more skills like slicing, mechanics, etcetera. I hold a general rule of thumb. If you are a crappy force user, you can have four major skills. An average force user gets three, a good one two, and if you're the biggest badass on the block (ferno), you get one major skill (flying) outside of combat.

However, the point of the RP is to have fun. If you excell in every stat, not only is it not fun for everyone else, but the biggest problem is that its no fun for you. So you have the biggest lightsaber? So you have a personal army and can still kick everyone's butt? So your ship is the Falcon and you're Mace windu that has mechanical skills and can sing, dance, and fart all in grace simultaneously?

If you don't have any thing which constantly impedes you, the fun becomes non-existant because there's no challenge. Ferno, despite all his power, has a moral code. A code of honor. May not be much on the outside, but so few people realize just how tricky it is for an assassin to have one. You don't think it's hard, just try it. If someone is knocked over, instead of going for the kill, wait until they stand back up and at attention. Try it, see what happens. Instead, you get these overpowered people waltzing through battles like nothing, expecting things such as common physics to just disappear for them.

We all love drama. But when everyone starts competing for the spotlight in every area and occasion, the bulb breaks. Everyone knows this; not everyone understands this.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:54 pm

Yes... Which is the real weakpoint of allot my characters. Outside of their element they're nothing more then a big target. You've never seen Borill pull a blaster, or the Rapora negotiate a trade.

I'm the general veers of the RP, proficient and deadly as a commander, a suxxor in most every other respect.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1913 1914 1915 1916 1917 1918 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games