Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grand_Admiral_Thrawn
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm
Nelowulf
Not really.

If you build an x-wing the size of manhattan, and the proportion is still kept the same ratiowise, you still end up with an x-wing as large as a capital ship.

@mi'lord: ban her. she's under a new acct. since that one got hacked.

Ah yes...I remember now. What is her new Account name perchance?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:31 pm
Sky Jedi.

speaking of which, I need to see if she ever got that art thing done. We never paid though, so we're not in the red either way.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Grand_Admiral_Thrawn
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:33 pm
Nelowulf
Sky Jedi.

speaking of which, I need to see if she ever got that art thing done. We never paid though, so we're not in the red either way.

Very good.
Thus far, Rukh has "Cleaned out" Six pages worth of deadbeats. Things are going along quite well.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:41 pm
stellarmagic
General rule of thumb as you go up the tiers of ships classification. It takes three ships of a vessel of the immediately lower classification to beat one vessel of a higher classification. Since there are two tiers its that number squared (3x3) hence 9 Pelleaeon Star Destroyers could defeat one Legacy era Battlecruiser.

Using the schematics from wookieepedia you can calculate a vessel's size by comparing the size of some of its own features with features from other KDY vessels. It's the same system Curtis Saxton uses to measure vessels sizes.

With that calculation the Pelleaon ends up only being about 2.8 kilometers. Almost exactly the same size as the Dark Empire era Allegiance-class.

wtf?

The Pellaeon is huge.

And a battlecruiser in Star Wars is pretty much equivalent to a small Star Destroyer. Even the smallest Mon Cal warships were called battlecruisers.  

FrozenPhoenix32

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:49 pm
Quote:
And a battlecruiser in Star Wars is pretty much equivalent to a small Star Destroyer. Even the smallest Mon Cal warships were called battlecruisers.

Don't put much in a name.

A Battlecruiser in Star Wars would be ships like the Bulwark-class, Vengeance-class, and the Mediator-class. Most Mon Cal "Cruisers" are classified as Star Destroyers. They're MC90s, MC80s, and MC80as are not big enough to be called a Cruiser.. Though an MC80B is big enough to be classified as Cruisers.

NOTE: The New Republic term for Star Battlecruiser and Star Dreadnaught is Star Defender.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:55 pm
stellarmagic
Quote:

Don't put much in a name.

A Battlecruiser in Star Wars would be ships like the Bulwark-class, Vengeance-class, and the Mediator-class. Most Mon Cal "Cruisers" are classified as Star Destroyers. They're MC90s, MC80s, and MC80as are not big enough to be called a Cruiser.. Though an MC80B is big enough to be classified as Cruisers.

NOTE: The New Republic term for Star Battlecruiser and Star Dreadnaught is Star Defender.

You seem to be putting much into mere names.
As your superior, I feel I must point out this irony.

Grand_Admiral_Thrawn
Captain

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:57 pm
I speak of overriding classifications sir!

To explain...
User Image

These are general guidlines only sir, but I believe them to be accurate.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:00 pm
And you arrived at these numbers by comparing the size of such things as bridge towers correct?  

Grand_Admiral_Thrawn
Captain

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:09 pm
In the case of the Pelleaon class, bridge tower scaling is much more difficult because the bridge tower is difficult to discern from the hull in the drawing. Instead I used the aft baffles along the rear plane, on all types of star destroyers I've seen these baffles are the same size.

I'm unable to come up with an absolute certain size but a range between 2.5 to 3.5 kilometers would be accurate. I would also note that Wookieepedia has Kuat ships broken down the ship list along similar lines to those I've outlined. In it it lists the Pelleaon-class as a Destroyer, not even a Cruiser. The system I use was created by Curtis Saxton and tweaked by EvilleJedi. Now, more and more groups including LEC that are using this system.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:10 pm
I love how he took everything but the SSD from the topside view. not to mention, how its bolded.

but the fact still remains that you keep overlooking the comments made upon it by the creators.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:13 pm
As I've said a Super Star Destroyer is any Imperial ship bigger then 1.6 Km in Size!!!

This is why the 2.8Km long Allegiance can be called a Super Star Destroyer. SSD is slang, not a real designation. Also, if it was going to be classified as an SSD wouldn't they have called it a Pelleaon-class Super Star Destroyer?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:19 pm
stellarmagic
In the case of the Pelleaon class, bridge tower scaling is much more difficult because the bridge tower is difficult to discern from the hull in the drawing. Instead I used the aft baffles along the rear plane, on all types of star destroyers I've seen these baffles are the same size.

I'm unable to come up with an absolute certain size but a range between 2.5 to 3.5 kilometers would be accurate. I would also note that Wookieepedia has Kuat ships broken down the ship list along similar lines to those I've outlined. In it it lists the Pelleaon-class as a Destroyer, not even a Cruiser. The system I use was created by Curtis Saxton and tweaked by EvilleJedi. Now, more and more groups including LEC that are using this system.

Stellarmagic, you fail to understand that Star Wars isnt Hard Science fiction. It is a Space Opera. It does not have to make sense. So stop treating it like it's Star Trek.
When the time comes we will learn the true length of the Pellaeon Class cruiser. We will have to just be patient until then.
In the Meantime, the Pellaeon Class will remain the most advanced Star Dreadnaught in the Imperial Fleet and the cornerstone of the Modern Imperial Armada.

Grand_Admiral_Thrawn
Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:23 pm
Plus, there is no real comparitive features you can use with confidence. Just let the developers come out with the stats, and then we'll see who's right.

I mean, what else could there be? the Thrawn class star destroyer?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:26 pm
Nelowulf
Plus, there is no real comparitive features you can use with confidence. Just let the developers come out with the stats, and then we'll see who's right.

I mean, what else could there be? the Thrawn class star destroyer?

If I had a warship named after me, it could be nothing less than a Star Dreadnaught.  

Grand_Admiral_Thrawn
Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:27 pm
Something tells me that you wouldn't care about the size of the ship, but how it was used.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games