Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:13 pm

Missing nin Itachi
User Image
EXTERMINATE!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:15 pm

Anyone got any good literature, movies, art, or music that I could possibly use to relate to any of the folowing themes:

War/death
Slavery
Native Americans and stereotypes

other touchy-feely stuff.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

AFK Masturbating

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:28 pm

Nelowulf
Every guy is probably thinking "snuggle".

And then some.

Knowing this bunch o' horndogs, I highly suspect the latter. O_o
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:11 pm

hah you say horn dogs too...

XDragon

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:42 pm

Nelowulf
Anyone got any good literature, movies, art, or music that I could possibly use to relate to any of the folowing themes:

War/death
Slavery

Let's see a really good song about war/death is No Man's Land by Eric Bogle. Dropkick Murphys did a version of the song called "The Green Fields of France." It deals with a man coming across the grave of a soldier who died in World War I by the name of Willie McBride and sitting down and wondering about the fallen soldier's life. It is one of the most beautiful songs I have heard concerning war and the death of a soldier.

Hope that helps, I will post more ideas as they come to me.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:43 pm

Take my love, take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care, I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me
Take me out to the black
Tell them I ain't comin' back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me
There's no place I can be
Since I found Serenity
But you can't take the sky from me...

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:43 pm

Hey Johnny, what's up?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:46 pm

Johnny Malone
Nelowulf

War/death
Slavery

Let's see a really good song about war/death is No Man's Land by Eric Bogle. Dropkick Murphys did a version of the song called "The Green Fields of France." It deals with a man coming across the grave of a soldier who died in World War I by the name of Willie McBride and sitting down and wondering about the fallen soldier's life. It is one of the most beautiful songs I have heard concerning war and the death of a soldier.

Reminds me of Roland the Thomson gunner by Warren Zevon.

But i *dont* need the more cheesy side of war. You know, think like a liberal. War=bad, peace = good.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:47 pm

Also a good "touchy feely" song is "The Fields of Athenry" which is a song about the Great Famine that hit Ireland in the 1800's. The song deals with a man who is sent away on a prison ship for stealing food so his children could survive. There are numerous versions of this song and I would recomend all of them except perhaps the Dropkick Murphys version (as much as I love them) because it is to upbeat and "punkish" for my tastes. (Still a descent version of the song though.) This is perhaps my favorite song, so sad but so beautiful.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:48 pm

Good luck getting Johnny to think like a liberal.

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:49 pm

Nelowulf
Johnny Malone
Nelowulf

War/death
Slavery

Reminds me of Roland the Thomson gunner by Warren Zevon.

But i need the more cheesy side of war. You know, think like a liberal. War=bad, peace = good.

This song might work because of the last verse. The last verse laments about how the young man died in vain because war still continues and that nothing has changed since The Great War.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:50 pm

Ral Roke

I can think like a liberal, it just hurts my brain.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:52 pm

Johnny Malone
Ral Roke

Speaking of liberal thoughts, have you come up with an idea for the conclusion of the chase scene?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:53 pm

Ral Roke
Johnny Malone
Ral Roke

Speaking of liberal thoughts, have you come up with an idea for the conclusion of the chase scene?
I am going to work on it in a few minuts, I have been running around all day and now have some time to work on the chase. If I don't get it done tonight it will have to wait until late Saturday night because I will be at a Speech meet all of tommorow and most of Saturday.

Johnny Malone
Crew

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:56 pm

Johnny Malone
Ral Roke
Johnny Malone
Ral Roke

I am going to work on it in a few minuts, I have been running around all day and now have some time to work on the chase. If I don't get it done tonight it will have to wait until late Saturday night because I will be at a Speech meet all of tommorow and most of Saturday.

Droyk.

Well good luck with that anyway.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1976 1977 1978 1979 1980 1981 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games