Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:55 pm
Whoa... I'd have paid to watch that. At least I'm using debate training and logic, that could easily have descended into name calling and flying chairs.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:57 pm
stellarmagic
Whoa... I'd have paid to watch that. At least I'm using debate training and logic, that could easily have descended into name calling and flying chairs.

That guy did have debate and logic.
He got himself very nearly thrown out.
A path you're well on your way to if you keep rubbing everybody the wrong way.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:00 pm
How is it you get away with it then? Rubbing everyone the wrong way I mean.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:03 pm
stellarmagic
How is it you get away with it then? Rubbing everyone the wrong way I mean.

Because 1. the vast majority know I dont mean it, 2. they know I'm dedicated and loyal to the guild, 3. I'm the resident Corellian Outlaw. Its expected from me. 4. i'm willing to admit it when Ive crossed a line, and 5. Ive been here since almost the very begining.
I'm also a Co-Captain.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:40 pm
Well... It's to bad people on the forum are that thin skinned. On every other forum I've been a member of I'm among the three most respected people there and a moderator. Most of them seemed to enjoy a good debate.

Of course those were game modification forums... different mentality.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:41 pm
yep.
We do things differently here.
We like it that way.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:14 am
Well, the problem with the jedi vs. palpatine debate wasn't the fact he used illogical arguements, because he didnt'.

However, he would only allow specific evidence to credit palpatine, and evidence to discredit the jedi, and anything which said otherwise was completely disreguarded.

Like the deal with the noghri. He claimed the emperor was the most beneficial man because he gave them droids to clean the planet up. Of course, he stuck to his guns, because he didn't believe the emperor, in all his benevolence, would purposely have the droids work at the minimal rate possible to prolong the debt to the empire. He would claim that was no more than rebel propaganda, fueling a rebel war machine, completely false despite all evidence pointing to its truth.

What incurs my wrath upon the members is when the arguement becomes so disturbing to the conversations at hand that it threatens to become a warzone. If I'm getting worked up in the arguement, there's probably a good chance the topic needs to be halted. If people stop, nothing bad happens. its when they continue to insist on the point so strongly that the guild does not prosper on the point, instead they just plain bicker.

I figure, with my short temper, that if I'm getting mad, the rest of the guild will be soon to follow. I, however egocentric it may seem, like to use myself as the guild thermometer when it comes to when debate is becoming too zealous.

I apologize for being worked up. Though I'd like to make the remark about how Fel no longer rules the imperium, this topic really needs to be dropped, quick. Before I make a really bad mistake and start sending my assassin finger to the member lists.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:46 am
Man...I hated those arguements.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:53 am
And on another note, Mandalore does not wear yellow armor.
Mandalore's colors are Black and White.
And i'm pretty sure Ive captured him.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:57 am
Link: Oro... xp Why must this one be the basis for testing your mandalore's strength?
Manalore the Immortal: Because your a jetii. You are my enemy. And it would mean nothing if I beat the tar out of some Di'kutla NPC.
Link: Oro.... crying You're a cold hearted individual Cale. Doing this to your own character...
MtI: I think its quite entertaining.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:55 am
Well Nelo... we both have short tempers, and that only exacerbated matters didn't it.

Anyway, apparently that guy you argued with was rather selective with his evidence. Canon, is usually the basis for real star wars debates, and that includes all canon... even the canon which doesn't support you. Which in this case means your foe wasn't using proper debate techniques, if it was in a book and explained it out you have to be willing accept it as an argument. Plus the grass the droids cleared was genetically engineered by the Empire... talk about a stupid argument.

We'll just have to wait and see to get the actual size of the Pelleaon, but we may never recieve such information... The comics have a bad habit of not giving out that sort of info and the Essetial Guides to Vehicles and Vessels have a bad habit of making it up as they go along. Both of them still say the Executor was 8 Km long... Apparently they never actually watched the films when they used that stat.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:08 am
They also have a habit ofnot showing things in proper perspective and tossing out nameless ships.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:29 am
And when size is what you're talking about... Perspective is everything!

Anyway, heres a couple concepts for new ship classes to add to the Imperial Fleet.

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:31 am
Is the Stalwarth "SD" length?
as in 1.6 k long?  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:40 am
The Stalwarth is 1.2 km, a little longer then a Victory (0.9 km). Its designed basically to fill the same role as a Victory I. It's a missile destroyer. twisted

The Gladius is 600 meters long, making it a heavy frigate. It's the replacement for the Im 418.

I'll work up some more detailed stats for the Guide... Maybe even d20 if I feel really devious.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games