Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Johnny Malone
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:32 pm

Sort of, been busy all day but I should get it up tommorow. I have finalized (I think) what I want Iust to be doing at the start. The ending of his intro has been in my mind ever since Loki had his bounty hunter try and kill Graka.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:33 pm

Celestia Whitesword
Ral Roke
Wow. Besides a new member, I honestly think that we have World War III in the freaking RP help thread. Droyk, this fight is ridiculous.

And I get to be Judge Judy for it all. burning_eyes

Sorry about that, but at this point both sides have gotten way out of line.

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Ral Roke rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:34 pm

Johnny Malone
Sort of, been busy all day but I should get it up tommorow. I have finalized (I think) what I want Iust to be doing at the start. The ending of his intro has been in my mind ever since Loki had his bounty hunter try and kill Graka.
Good for you man. I'm looking forward to reading about a ruthless slaughter.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:35 pm

Ral Roke
Celestia Whitesword
Ral Roke
Wow. Besides a new member, I honestly think that we have World War III in the freaking RP help thread. Droyk, this fight is ridiculous.

And I get to be Judge Judy for it all. burning_eyes

Sorry about that, but at this point both sides have gotten way out of line.

Hence why I intervened.

For some odd reason, people don't respect moderators like they used to...

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:37 pm

I feel victimized, be glad you stepped in. I was on the verge of calling in the Section IV clause... you know contesting a GA's decision.

I been a GM and if I was one right now I'd have slammed Paul for his actions a couple times already. You've given him way to much leeway.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:39 pm

Shame too. I mean, hell, like you said, if this were a game you would have more control over this crap. What could be a good solution is to have them take a couple day break or so. See if they can clear their heads. Of coarse they would most likely have to agree to it for that to work.

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:42 pm

stellarmagic
I feel victimized, be glad you stepped in. I was on the verge of calling in the Section IV clause... you know contesting a GA's decision.

I been a GM and if I was one right now I'd have slammed Paul for his actions a couple times already. You've given him way to much leeway.

Let's not get into that on the Cantina. Especially after the help desk got destroyed. I have questions too but now is not the time. Right now should be a time to get away from that hatefest.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:45 pm

Fine with me on taking a break. Nelo: permission to lock thread for the next couple o' days?

Besides, I'd like to spend some time with my fiancee. heart

And not have to deal "ZOMG! Jamie! So and so's godmodding/munchkining/cleo-ing! Lawlz!"

It is said that I am said to be nice. However, I haven't been feeling too terribly nice the last couple days, at least where here is concerned.

AFK Masturbating

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:45 pm

I would suggest a "cool-down" time, but that would accomplish nothing.

The problem just is delayed, not corrected. What I think aught to be done is a severe testing of the aptitude of parties consistantly in question. If they can't pass a test of the GA's design, then we can identify exactly why we're having so many problems.

@ CW: You are technically Moderator of the RP, you have just as much power as mine.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:52 pm

A test sounds good... I'm already cooled down significantly since Nelowulf stepped in.

Still... how would you administer such a test? PMs?

Anyway, I'll do what I always do when I'm miffed. Load a flight sim and down a bunch of AI Idiots.

stellarmagic

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:56 pm

I'm starting to think that people are starting to look at the RP like a game and not the story it is. An RP isn't meant to be a game that someone is supposed to "win" or to show your "superiority;" it's supposed to be a story that has ups and downs for each character and how they're able to get past those obstacles. The good guys are supposed to be smacked around by the villains until the end otherwise the story would be extremely anticlimactic. It's about showing of the depth of the characters personality as they try to figure out how to stop those in their way. That's my opinion anyway about why things are starting to get so heated: Everyone is treating this like a video game to be conquered.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:06 pm

@ Stellar: I can think of a number of ways. You just have to focus on the questions.

@ Ral: Apparantly the bad guys winning a battle seems "out of character". I at least had Neb kidnapped holding the Tan' Sa' Qua' relic in his hands...

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:16 pm

Just take my statements as you want. It's meant for everyone, not just a few that I would say it to as well. I just want people to quit thinking that winning is everything. Of coarse I want my character to succeed, but I'll find a way to knock Ral down a peg as well. What people really need to do more is communicate without being so stubborn thinking that they are born to win. Try mapping out how a battle is supposed to go instead of making this up on the fly. So what is the person know the knowledge? Their characters don't. Let's just work together instead of being at each others throats.

Sorry about the rant/advice. I'm just sick of this nonstop battle.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:25 pm

Anyway...

Clear Skies everyone. I'm done for the night.

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:26 pm

So how about those Astromechs? Sexy little devils, aren't they?
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1993 1994 1995 1996 1997 1998 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games