Welcome to Gaia! ::

~ Midnight Moon ~

Back to Guilds

~ for pagans, wiccans and witches ~ 

Tags: wiccan, witchcraft, paganism, wicca, heathenry 

Reply *~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)
Wiccan names? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skadi-The-Elf

Ruthless Loiterer

17,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:08 am
My craft name is Cait Nightsinger. My true name remains a mystery at this moment in time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:34 pm
Well, while searching in my past lives. I have uncovered three names that mean something or felt like they meant something.

Arrea Delano, Scarlett, and Crimson. The last names are unknown.

My partner has given me a name though I don't want to disclose it. ^^

Arrea Delano

redalucard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:24 pm
Malic is my craft name (no last name). I knew from the first second I saw it that, that was it. I haven't found my true name yet, but hope to soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:50 pm
MidnightDragon is my craft name. I haven't found my true name yet.  

Talesofbiro

Ijivirus

Sparkly Hunter

5,800 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:00 am
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully...

When I was a part of a coven for a while they gave me my public name. Ixi short for pIXIe. I thought it was pretty cool.

...as when they do it from religious conviction.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:48 pm
My public craft name is Celeste-Noein AirDancer, and I have yet to discover my 'secret' name.  

Tari_Leralonde

Kitanya_Rose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:46 am
I'm sorry.. I'm in a strange mood tonight. I've been reading over these posts and one thing just keeps popping into my head.

All these people mentioning they haven't found their secret/true names yet.. (And I mean no offence by this)... I'm just wondering... I mean, if someone had found their name, they couldn't share it. But that would sound strange.

"My craft name is blah bla blah. I've found my true/secret name."

Next post : "Really, what is it?"

*headdesk*

I mean.. I can see it happening. I don't know why, but I can.

But back to the topic.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:41 pm
Your Magickal name is only to be used within the coven once you are officiated.
You are not to use your real name after you have been given the coven name in the presence of the coven members.

No outsiders are to know these names though, taints the magick  

significant_night

significant_night

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:44 pm
AND....
Your name is given by the priest or priestess of the coven...you don't make it up on your own BTW  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:56 am
HOW DO I GET A WICCAN NAME?
(I HAVE NO COVEN. COULD A PRIEST/PRIESTESS PM ME WITH ONE, OR IS THAT AGAINST THE RULES?)  

Siegfried Kiefter

too2sweet
Captain

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:23 pm
If you like meditation type "journeys", you can try the one I posted in the Academy
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=12010205

In general though (especially for those of us that are solitary) your craft name just comes to you when the time is right. I've been at this for over 10 years and still don't have a craft name, not really sure that I care if I ever do. It's not always necessary. I think that within covens it was necessary for the protection of the other members, especially in times when being a practicing witch could get you killed. If you only knew your coven mates by their craft names, you couldn't really get anyone else in trouble.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:09 pm
significant_night
AND....
Your name is given by the priest or priestess of the coven...you don't make it up on your own BTW

actually, you can have several names.
-your birth name
-the magical name you gave yourself
-your coven name
and so forth.  

mechanical kitsy
Crew

meindrea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:28 pm
The only other name then the one of this life I have is my name that I've had in all my past lives. Meindrea Star Leer, well Leer was my maiden name, Night was always my married name, until the end of last life and in this life, then it became Crimpson, so now it's Meindrea Star Crimpson.
But one day while doing a past read of me, my psychic friend found my true name, my soul name, Fear.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:33 am
The name i have always gone by is Solarius, named after the Sun, which frankly still is my sub-element. I had no further names then that, and strangly it's the only name i remember and feel acquainted to. Its nothing really special like Something of Air or Something from water spirit, but i like it anyhow =)  

Cariaith

2,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Korealia

Distinct Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:16 am
Kitanya_Rose
... I'm just wondering... I mean, if someone had found their name, they couldn't share it. But that would sound strange.

It's part of the Hermetic principles, actually.

It's the Law of Names.

"What's in a name? Everything!" Having the true name of something gives you control over it. This could be VERY BAD for some people. Can you see the potential for VERY BAD?  
*~Forum~* (general discussion/questions)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games