Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
Feelings after reading "Deathly Hallows" (SPOILERS!!!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MarcyME

3,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:18 am
RIP(good side)
7th Book:
MadEye Moody
Hedwig
Fred Weasley
Dobby
Remus Lupin
Nymphadora Tonks-Lupin
Colin Creevey
Severus Snape
6th:
Albus Dumbledore
5th:
Sirius Black
4th:
Cedric Diggory
RI Pieces
7th:
MOLDY VOLDY
Bellatrix Letrange
and thats all i rememebr at the moment...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:18 pm
i thought the book was really good except for all the deaths, especially lupin and tonks. and i really didnt like the epilogue! i thought it was too sort and it was sloppy and not well thought through  

mule24-7

1_-KP-_1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:23 am
I think that I liked the book. I didn't really get emotional about the deaths or anything until days later though. I think it was either because I read it so fast, or I was in denial... -hugs Fred- And Tonks and Lupin, that was depressing too... Dobby and Hedwig and...
Anyway. I'm not sure that I liked how Dumbledore explained Harry's once again "Oh, hey look, you're not dead again!" but meh. sweatdrop Just the phrasing I guess.
I really liked it though. Either the movie's going to be really good or really awful, I can tell that right now. There are some that are in the middle but this'll be at one end or the other.
Am I the only one who didn't hate the epilogue? If she cut off the story with the chapter before it would have seemed unfinished. The epilogue tied everything off. I guess it's just you never expect to see the people whom you've read about in these books as teenagers suddenly 19 years older, as adults with kids of their own. It's not that it was bad, just... different. Not what I was expecting nor used to.
I'll probably post more later, but for now I think I've rambled enough... sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:42 am
crying I'm so sad that it is over! They killed my favorite charectors thoughout the series. I didn't like how the ending was so open though either. I wanted to know about the other charectors. I hope that in the future even though she said she wouldn't that J.K. will write more. Not just the encyclopedia.

Tears for the dead. crying  

yuri_19

Fleur Evette

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:15 pm
I thought it was a very good book though it did leave some things unanswered and the epilouge was a bit vague.

R.I.P to all the people who died (on Harry's side).  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:30 pm
kingdom-hearts-chan
I cried over...[spoiler in white]over Fred,Tonks,Remus,and yes,even Snape.I wish it wasnt the last book but it does make sense there are 7 books..7 books for 7 horcruxes...but i still cant believe the harry potter books are done! crying gonk no more hogwarts or harry,ron and hermione to read about! crying crying gonk

I didn't get into Harrry Potter until the 5th book was already out.... but I am a total Potter freak now. I.....I don't know wat to do now Harry Potter is over and yet I still need more! It didn't end right I mean I love the fact that she didn't kill everyone but I feel empty now cuz it's over and it didn't right. crying  

jingle bear

jingle bear

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:32 pm
bellatrix_black87
i was angry, i was sad. i cried at a few parts of the book. i kinda didnt like the way she ended the series, but i guess she didnt care. as long as the last book was out.

Was i the only one who cired when dobby died? when fred died? when Harry saw the dead bodies of Lupic and tonks? or when he has the resurection stone and saw his loved one?

There is no way in hell you are the only one who cried about all that stuff. crying  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:32 pm
Ah well, I re-read it and am still absorbing some things. Some of the deaths I thought were rather pointless like Dobby. He's a poor house elf! Did she really have to kill him? I thought at least Tonks should have survived and Lupin to. It wasn't fair to kill them both.

I understand that people are going to be killed during battles, but I thought for sure she'd be somewhat kind. I to wanted to know more about the epilogue. I wanted to know the fates of George and the rest of the Weasleys, what about McGonagall? I thought naming him Albus was a bit odd, maybe Sirius would have been better? I would have liked to see why Remus was so cold to Tonks a lot of the time. No one forced him to marry her. It seemed a bit out of character for him.

Anyway, I still am trying to figure things out. I finally understand the "gleam of triumph" from the first book. All in all, I prefer Half-Blood Prince a lot more. I thought Neville should have killed Bellatrix and not Neville. Did he and Luna get together I wonder?  

FayeKasumiValentine1

iHermione Granger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:54 pm
loved the book thought it was amazing how she killed harry but let him live, just figured this out and tought it was sweet ... when snape died he looked into harrys eyes so he could see lilys when he died. I was upset when dobby and fred died.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:17 am
the book was good. i like the story. a mixed of emotions, i've felt. many characters have been died. sorry for snape because i don't know that all of his intentions are good for harry and especially for lily. anyway, many of my friends like hermione-harry than ginny-harry. i would like also to read the harry potter encyclopedia? am i ryt? do u people visit mugglenet.com? u can get a lot of information there!  

-keisha rayana hanaquil-

FayeKasumiValentine1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:04 pm
Try the HP Lexicon, it's got everything under the sun HP related. I do visit Mugglenet, and it's a very good site. I was a Hr/H shipper and fully got my hopes up a bit in the middle of DH. I really hope JK does do a Harry Potter encyclopedia so we have more background info on certain characters.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:49 am
crying crying crying crying crying crying crying crying
Remus...Tonks....DOBBY!!..... crying
Ending was spectacular!! and the epilogue ... biggrin  

DIEsuke-x

DIEsuke-x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:50 am
i am almost done re-reading it for the second time biggrin still very emotional  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:09 pm
I got it the Saturday it came out at like noon, and I stayed up until 5 a.m. finishing it. I had to get up at 9 for work that morning. It was worth every sleepy hour I spent at work that day. DH was such an intense book. Every page had some new emotion. For 15 hours I was in an emotional tornando--one second I was hysterically laughing, the next I was crying, the next I was horrified. It was AWESOME! I cried the most when Dobby died. I love DH. I can't really find words to describe how I feel about it!  

Nerzerz

kittyzero

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:03 pm
I cried without a doubt. I was shocked that Hedwig died. I almost screamed NOOOOO...you bloody bastards. Dobby died which I saw coming some what when they were blatting to set Hermione free. Lupin and Tonks death..<<,>>. Just like whose going to live at the end. I wasn't surprised with how the ending turned out considering when I heard the movies were going to be made I knew for some reason the ending was going to be different. I wish they would wait tell after the series was done to do movies at times. But I'm still a fan of Harry Potter either way since 1999 when I got the first book from my grandparents for Christmas.  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff