Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
where do you go for yarn? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sonicrunner001

Fashionable Friend

9,025 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:31 pm
I myself go to King's in town (when they have a HUGE sale on it) Then I go to wally world. but usually, I use my mother's stuff. (I admit, I'm a red heart user!) but once a year or so, I may find myself in a specialty yarn place and buy some cheap yarn there.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:38 pm
i do buy most of my yarn at wallmart and places like that. i just hate it.

so meny knots! gonk  

Alekusu

wynter_myst

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:33 am
In Sydney, I used to buy yarn from Lincraft (a pretty big craft store).

I'm in Seoul now and I was exploring and found that Dongdaemun Market has massive amounts of yarn. I haven't bought any yet, but if anyone's in Seoul and needs yarn, you can probably find something suitable around there.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:05 pm
sonicrunner001
I myself go to King's in town (when they have a HUGE sale on it) Then I go to wally world. but usually, I use my mother's stuff. (I admit, I'm a red heart user!) but once a year or so, I may find myself in a specialty yarn place and buy some cheap yarn there.

red heart is my anti-drug, that and cashmere, and alpacha  

augusteir

Alizera

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:59 pm
The only places to get yarn where I live are at Walmart, Hancock fabrics, and Hobby Lobby. I've never really bought any high end yarn. I feel like I need to work more on my technique before I do that. One day, though!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:38 am
I buy my cheap stuff from Boyes - the only yarn shop in my town AFAIK - and my good stuff from Kangaroo. Kangaroo is good because it lets me be a hermit. :3  

Maimy

sprovs

Dapper Dabbler

6,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:19 pm
I work at Michael's... so I get most of my yarn there 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:02 pm

so lucky working at craft type stores. i usualy just go to joanns when they have a sale or i get donations from 'non-knitters/crafters' and i just use that, but i dont think ill buy anymore in the near future, i have a huge box already i never have time for ^^

Kanhoro

AriRashkae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:10 pm
Michaels, KnitPicks, Webs, and occasionally I let myself wander into Twin Hearts (my LYS). It's harder to turn down a skein when you can touch it. gonk I'm still lusting for some Noro silk. emo  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:44 pm
I go to some local yarn stores. There's a one that opened up in my area earlier this year, and it's the only one around. I haven't bought yarn there, but I've purchased two sets of needles. I might go over there some time soon to check out their yarns in better detail.

I've also been to Knitche in Downers Grove, IL and a couple of other stores in that area, although I don't know their names. I try to visit them every time I'm up there.

There's also yarn shops in Lindenhurst and Babylon, NY that I've been to, a couple of times when I visited my parents. I don't like the one in Lindenhurst so much, since they carry far too much yarn that you can find at just about any chain craft store. The one in Babylon is small, but carries a nice selection.

I also do a lot of ordering online, especially when it's difficult to find a particular yarn in a store. I've ordered from Yarnzilla. That's the only one I can remember, although I may have ordered from others.  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:07 am
There's one really nice local yarn store where I go to lust for yarn, get inspired and buy nice things. I've also found another more general store that is less inspiring. It has fabric and other things too but it feels like it's geared toward older people. I go there for cheap acrylic and stuff like that.

This summer I visited a lovely little store. They have everything from toys to kitchen supplies to yarn and craft material. Insane... I found some nice sock yarn and also a mohair blend on sale biggrin 10 SEK a skein! I think buying yarn on sale will be my new thing...

I've also bought yarn at the local hobby store, but it was also on sale.

I need to knit something with all that mohair-stuff... I made a nice and toasty scarf from the stuff I got at the hobby store but I've got two other colours left (blue+grey and a very vibrant red-pinkish thing). And then there's the 5 or so skeins from the "everything" store. Heh... I see a lot of lace in my future. As soon as I finish my lacy socks and need another complex project.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:49 am
I'm not big yarn user, but when I need it I just go down the stairs and across the street to buy some. There's a little shop that sells some yarns. But when I really want to buy I go to Cairo and there's a whole street dedicated to fabrics and fibers. That's pure heaven! LOL  

NeedleDreams

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces