Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:26 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
spooky_sez
Crosses look great, I have several necklaces with crosses on them and I'm the biggest atheist I know. Go for it!

xd To be honest, I didn't know that there were measurements of atheism.

Haha, yeah totally. There's Diet Atheist and Full Strength!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:34 pm
spooky_sez
-Resurrected Writer-
spooky_sez
Crosses look great, I have several necklaces with crosses on them and I'm the biggest atheist I know. Go for it!

xd To be honest, I didn't know that there were measurements of atheism.

Haha, yeah totally. There's Diet Atheist and Full Strength!
Are there ones like New Atheist and Atheist Classic, as well? wink  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:53 am
nerdlover08
Malakoi
No one actually places any meaning on the crucifix anymore. Most "Christians" wear it because their pious grandmothers gave it to them, not because they believe.

Excuse me? I honestly don't want to turn this into a massive religious debate but that was a pretty reckless comment. Regardless of how you may feel, it's inappropriate to make an insulting generalization like that.

Exactly! Not everyone wears a cross because their grandmother or whatever gave it to them, which causes it to be of sentimental value. Some wear a cross because it is a fashionable item. Some wear it because of faith. Try not to be so judgmental next time.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:02 pm
i'm an atheist, but there were several crosses that i got because they looked pretty. i don't care, if it's pretty, it's mine.
its all just a matter of why you wear the cross, not just wearing it.

Ayame_Rikimayu

i-- M a r i e --i

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:52 am
Errhh...what's an atheist? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:12 am
i-- M a r i e --i

Someone who doesn't believe in a higher power.  

Divinity Rage

Quietly Losing Control

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:24 am
I think it would be completely fine, as long as you personally didn't feel it went against your own beliefs.

I am an atheist and I have almost bought cross necklaces before, just because there are some that look REALLY cool and gothy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:36 am
Jadyn_Fortysix
i-- M a r i e --i

Someone who doesn't believe in a higher power.
Thank you <3

I think you have two kinds of atheists who think about this cross thing:

When you don't believe in a higher power, the cross just a cross, and for you it doesn't represent anything

Or

You don't want poeple to think you're christian.  

i-- M a r i e --i

Ambrosine Raksha

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:54 pm
My best friend is a Wiccan and she wears a crucifix. It shouldn't matter your religion. If you want to wear it, go ahead and wear it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:00 pm
Do whatever the ******** you want.  

Madonna Wayne Gracy

Draco Vampir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:04 pm
I find it silly to wear any religious symbol from a religion or spirituality that you either do not agree with(hypocrisy) or are not a part of(stupidity and disrespect), regardless of how 'pretty and shiny' it is. I do not wear a cross, because i do not agree with christianity, nor do i find it at all proper to wear a symbol around your neck representative of a terrible way to die. You may as well wear a shiny silver depiction of a person with their head shaved burning at the stake. It's disgusting, disrespectful, and unreasonable. I do not even wear an ankh, although so many of you little whelps seem to think it's 'oh so gawth' to do so. I do not wear it because I do not worship gods from the egyptian/nubian pantheons and, unlike most people, I know that it is not so much a symbol of eternal life(as moronic roleplayers make it out to be) as it is a symbol simply of life and death and the afterlife of egyptian belief.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:15 am
Well, not trying to talk too much about religion but Wicca from what I read was based from Christianity, or Pre-Christianity actually. I'm no religion fanatic, but if you have meaning for wearing it, then wear it, but I will agree with Draco for some points I read. There really isn't a point to wearing a religion symbol unless you have those beliefs or are of that religion. I do own a couple of pentacle pieces, and and ankh, but I rarely year them, I'm more of a jewelry collector then a wearer, and some religious jewelry are interesting, I like to find up whatever looks interesting to me, and really that cross does sound pretty, but I wouldn't wear it just because I'm not that religious.

I'm not Wiccan, so I don't own the pentacles for that reason, I own them because they are Celtic, and Celtic jewelry is my favorite style. I'm not Celtic either...like I said, I collect what ever interest me.  

The_Super_Nintenho

Rogue

Draco Vampir

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:15 am
I love to wear jewelery, truth be told. I have a hematite bead necklace with a rune of protection hanging at the front, an english shield style dragon ring, 2 knotwork rings, one with just a stamped knotwork band and one with two fire-knots and a triple spiral, and one ring with a scottish thistle. I also have a black and silver pentacle belt buckle.

Now as for wicca, it is a religion with a very loose base in the old celtic religion, with some heavy modifications and a christian-model heirarchy to it. I do not agree with it at all, and find that more often than not you're getting the wrong information and generally getting fluffy crap disguised as legitimate information from it.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:29 pm
Go ahead.
Cross necklaces have sort of become a fashion thing,
like its worn by people of any religion just because they look cool.

I'm Catholic so I have a couple that I wear everyday for the religious significant, but I do have two that I wear just cause they looked cool.
Ones got a medieval carving look to it and the other is different colors, I think a bit bohemian.
I also have a trinity knot for both the look and meaning (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)

kykana

Invisible Informer

8,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

exeno rainbow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:31 pm
Crosses have meanings in many cultures. I think it would be fine. I prefer ankhs, myself ^.^

P.S. Now I have X-Japan - Crucify My Love stuck in my head lol  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces