Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Crafty Parents? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does being crafty make you a better parent or care giver?
  yes, ofcourse you get to work on the fine motor skills and patientce
  kind of, because it lets them be creative and stay on track.. but is really messy
  No, being crafty is just like a nice addition, it doesn't make you better.
  ... yea how about I better care for some gold people.
View Results

Avengedkid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:19 pm
Dolly_Dear, honestly, kids may not appreciate anything you do, get, or make them. It's in their nature.

It really depends on who the kid is and how much they appreciate things. A kid could recieve a hand knitted sweater and not appreciate it at all. You could make a kid a doll, and they'll like it for a while until either the seam breaks or they get tired of it.

But anyway, as a kid, I was always upset and jealous because my friends had parents who would do arts and crafts with them and my mom claimed to "have no creativity once so ever" and never did that kind of stuff. I had to pick it up on my own.

But if I were a parent, I would most certainly do arts and crafts with my kids. Only problem is I'd be expecting too much of them and I'd probably try and get them to sew a pillow before they turn 5. Of course, that would fail.

I also believe that if you push things on kids, they will end up hating them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:12 pm
My mom is a planner and my dad isn't so my house was chaos but then again I have a mentally changed younger brother... But it was fun my mother is a master chef and my father is a mechanic and a welder I had a grandmother who was a local painter and been on TV a few times and my sister makes quilts... I myself it's costumes renn and Victorian mostly my brother got the art talent so some times I think it's what you grow up around there were never times in our house to be creative it was more like all the time.....  

FyreKou

dezignqueen209

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:07 pm
I think every parent has there own way of doing things. What ever works for them is fine with me. I am very crafty and have always included my kids. My oldest draws everyday, beads and scrapbooks, my youngest daughter loves to craft, bead and scrapbook, and my son is into woodshop and does not like to craft. So it realy depends on the child if it is going to influence them in the long run or not. There many other ways to stimulate children and build there confidence and motor skills. You should always do what works for you and your family!  
Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff