Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Journals [OOC]
[J] Maybe I'm a Lion - Sheepsie's SoAs Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:38 pm

User Image
User Image
Just sit back
And tell me
I'm a liar for this
Don't roll your eyes
Rewind
This happens
Way too many times

Name: Tiruan
Meaning: Fake
Father: Unknown
Mother: Unknown
Siblings: None
Mate: Tanana
Offspring: Ava, Roka, Awemu, Ava

Pride: Kusini'Mwezi
Position in Pride: Hunter
Personality: Tiruan's not a nice lion by any stretch of the imagination, but he's not a cruel one either. He doesn't go out of his way to verbally harm anyone, and he rarely resorts to physical violence, but at the same time he comes off as very uncaring. He doesn't feel like he owes anybody anything, and thus he's not the type to listen to other people's problems and offer any kind of advice. Tiruan can be rather rough around the edges at times, never really having any solid interpersonal skills to help him deal with people. He's rather childish at times, doing whatever he pleases without much regard for other people. Other people's feelings have never been his top priority. His friends are few and far between, and because of this Tiruan values their friendship very much. He just has a very strange way of showing it.

Relationships have always been a rather troublesome area for Tiruan, the main reason being that he's a compulsive liar. It takes a real effort to make the truth go from his brain to his mouth. Still, try as he may, the lies always seemed to come out faster. He has long since given up trying to stop lying. It just isn't worth the effort. This makes dealing with people rather problematic. Any question asked of him, he responds with a fake answer. It can be as simple as "how are you" to as important as "do you love me", and he will always lie. Unless he tries really, really hard to tell the truth, but even then sometimes it gets bent out of shape. For those who get to know him, they know to simply take the opposite of what he's saying. For those that don't... well, Tiruan really doesn't bother with them. They learn pretty quick. Even though you would think lying would make him over-confident, there are moments when even Tiruan realizes that lying and bravery just don't go hand in hand. It is because of this that he still hasn't confessed his love to his child-hood friend Mekali.

He is an extremely proud lion, believing himself to be the epitome of manliness, so to speak. Tiruan prides himself in being a good hunter, all of his stories of course blown out of proportion by his lies. The lion had no problem sharing his 'stories' to those who will listen and believe, making sure to teach the younger generation what it means to "be a lion." Of course, Tiruan's version of a lion in a big, tough male who knows he is better and acts that way. While he's not quite at that stage, he's convinced himself that he is, and that he is the perfect teacher to be instruction the younger generation.

Image Song: We the Kings - Don't Speak Liar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:41 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP
+ denotes an RP used for breeding

Great Talker, Great Liar - [Mekali] Link *
By the River - [Asi] Link *
Ask me no questions - [Akin] Link +
The Big Old Grouch - [Ainra] Link +
Wisdom of the Young - [Ainra] Link +
See You Later, Alligator - [Ainra] Link
Flip the Proverbial Coin - [Aisu'kuriimu] Link +
Waiting By the River - [Igizo + Kodwe'Tifu] Link *
Tiruan x Tanana - [Tanana] Link +

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:31 pm

User Image
User Image

slkol'lo b nityey nye plyol obam
(No matter how many threads deception would weave)
pokazhyet lik svyeta istina
(Truth will show it's face of light)

Name: Binafsi
Meaning: Myself
Offspring: (by Kyprioth): Shiri, Selador, Kani'noe

Pride: Nchi'mahadhi
Position in Pride: Wanyapara
Personality: Born into a long line of huntresses, Binafsi grew up knowing what was expected of her. She was to follow in her mother's footsteps and become the Head Huntress, devoting her life to the thrill of the hunt and the teaching of young females. It was an expectation that she was more than willing to surpass. Though she did not benefit from her mother's training for very long, her memory serves as Binafsi's ideal lioness. Proud of her heritage and talents but not too proud to share those talents with the rest of the world. After all, a huntress hunts for both herself and her pride, knowing that she is keeping her pride healthy so they can share their talents with her. That is the ideal huntress, and in Binafsi's mind, the ideal lioness.

Thus, she carried herself with an air of great dignity, aware of both her skills and her limits as a huntress. Her Rhythm comes from deep within the earth, like the heartbeat of all living things. Binafsi is very grounded, never one to fool herself or others about the world. The truth is of the utmost importance, especially when raising cubs. They must know the truth about themselves, and embrace it. If you can't be a good huntress, then you must accept your failure and move on to hone the other talents you possess. She is a very strong believer in good character as well as strength of character. There's nothing she despises more than a sleazy lion (or any species really) and can't stand being conned. Deception is unacceptable, especially when you deceive the ones who care about you. Whether it's your family by blood who loves you or the family you make for yourself, you should never, ever betray them.

Binafsi says very few words, but is not afraid of telling it like it is. If she has something to say, she'll say it and back it up if need be. She has no problems standing up for herself or her beliefs. Though she's blunt, her heart is in the right place. She believes very strongly in self-respect as well as respect of others. It may take a while to gain her respect, but once you've got it, you are in her "circle of trust." Stepping out of that circle is a dangerous move, and one that would invoke a very frightening temper. If it's one thing that Binafsi cannot stand, it's betrayal of trust.

Image Song: Origa - Rise

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:33 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP
+ denotes RP used for breeding

A Wandering Beat - [Mvuatuliva] Link +
The Huntress and the Malenga - [Nsundu] Link +
On the Hunt - [Konja] Link +
The Quiet Ones - [Jumuu] Link *
Footprints in the Sand - [Kitambi] Link +
An Unexpected Meeting - [Kyprioth] Link +
Two Separate Paths - [Kyprioth] Link *
My Pride and Joy - [Selador + Kani'noe] Link *
Sing Me Another Song - [Shiri] Link *
Where's the beat? - [Kya] Link *
To See You Again - [Kyprioth + Kolea] Link

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:06 pm

User Image
User Image

When you're down,
And your luck runs out,
Or if you're in trouble or in doubt,
It's OK- turn my way,
Anytime you need a friend.

Name: Njuga
Meaning: small bell worn as ornament at dances
Father: Kimanda
Mother: Mvuatuliva
Siblings: Hanzua, Eidi, Noti, Cheza, Kinanda
Offspring: None

Pride: Rogue
Position in Pride: -
Personality: Born to a family of six and a single mother, Njuga has had to share the spotlight ever since the day she was born. Luckily for this young cheetah, sharing comes very easily. Extremely laid back, not too much can bother her. She lets bygones be bygones, and rarely criticizes others on their choice of lifestyle. Only if the lifestyle causes harm to others does she feel the need to speak up. But if everyone's happy and pleased with the way things are going, who is she to judge them? She holds no grudge against her father for taking off, and is quite happy to accept him if and when he returns. After all, it was probably a big surprise for him. She can't hold a grudge against Kimanda, and only wishes he had stuck around with her mother for Tuli's happiness.

A very happy-go-lucky young cheetah, Njuga has a certain, child-like innocence about her. Believing that every problem can be faced with a smile, not too much can deter Njuga. She has lived a very protected life, and doesn't know much about what goes on in the world. That doesn't seem to bother her, however. She is very accepting and supportive of anyone she meets, and especially towards her family. Her family and friends are the most important thing in her life, and she would be very upset if she thought one of them thought badly of her. Njuga is rather sensitive when it comes to people's opinions of her, even though she herself tries not to hold any negative opinions about anything else. Even so, she worries about very little otherwise, giving her a playful and optimistic outlook on life and a constant smile on her face.

Image Song: The Beau Sisters - Anytime You Need a Friend

Stages:

User Image User Image User Image User Image
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:11 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

The Little Bell - [Jude] Link *
This is a title, honest - [Loki] Link *
Footloose and Fancyfree - [Kyprioth] Link *
Mother and Daughters - [Tuli + Noti] Link *
Catching Up - [Hanzua] Link
Brave Sir Robin - [Gabus] Link *

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:58 am

User Image
User Image

Rhymes that keep their secrets
Will unfold behind the clouds
And there upon a rainbow
Is the answer to a never ending story

Name: Sanuye Atadiusti
Meaning: red cloud at sundown
Father: Nugula Atadiusti
Mother: Majoto
Siblings: Amagada, Anatludii, Hadharani

Pride: Rogue (Mteo'nyungu)
Position in Pride: None (Shujaa)
Personality: Little Sanuye's name has to do with clouds, something which has turned out to be incredibly fitting. That's where his head is most days, as he fantasizes and dreams about places he's never been to or things he's never seen. He loves making up stories of great heroes facing terrible foes, narrating the story as he goes along. Each day he will add something to the story that happened to him, exaggerating it and turning it into a mythical creature. Spending most of his time in his fantasy world has left him a rather shy young lion, a little unsure about how to interact with anyone outside his family. He is easily pushed around and thus it is also very easy to hurt his feelings. Thus, he tends to keep to himself, narrating his current story and waiting for something exciting to happen in his life.

He is never the main character in his story, despite his defined lines of hero and villain (which apply to real life as well). No, Sanuye is not the heroic type. In his stories he is always the noble and loyal sidekick, trailing after a great hero on an epic quest. He uses the people he meets in the real world as players in his own story, changing the names but keeping the personality. Thus, Sanuye classifies all felines he meets as heroes, villains, sidekicks, or any of the other subcategories he can think up at that time. The criteria for the categories are very strict, and must fit the ideals that the young male has in his head. He tends to seek out those he sees as heroic to become their sidekicks, and once he finds his hero, he showers them with praise. When he is not with his hero he spends his time thinking or dreaming of adventures to come. Among adults he is softly spoken and polite, allowing himself to be drawn up into the conversation rather than lead it. Sanuye is definitely not the most outgoing of lions around, but he has a loyal heart, and he would love nothing more than to serve under a real hero and go on real adventures.

Image Song: Limahl - Never Ending Story

Stages:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:59 am

User Image
* denotes finished RP
* denotes abandoned RP

A little mother-son time - [Majoto] Link *
The Daydreamer - [Kibuluu] Link *
A new type of hero - [Rehu] Link *

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:26 pm

User Image

User Image
Tell everybody I'm on my way
New friends and new places to see
With blue skies ahead, yes I'm on my way
And there's no where else I'd rather be

Name: Chambua
Meaning: bean shell
Offspring: Zixin, Xue, Wei, Sheng Wei, Dai, Csoa (by Sen)

Pride: Achana
Position in Pride: Teacher
Personality: A wandering gentle giant, Chambua lives each day as it comes. He is a jovial, stouthearted young male, who grew up under the tutelage of a group of travelling philosophers and riddlers. Exposed at a very young age to riddles and puzzles, he has a fascination with such things and loves nothing more than solving them. Every problem has a solution, and one much reach the solution as honestly and intelligently as possible. When he was just a cub, his mother told him the story of the Great Wonders of the World. No one knew exactly where to find them, as the clues were all given in riddles. Chambua's mother told him that she had found many of the Great Wonders, but the greatest of all was what she had now. That didn't mean she had to stop wandering and seeking answers though, just because she had solved a few riddles. Thus, when Chambua was old enough to set off on his own, he bid his mother farewell and began his journey to find the Great Wonders of the World.

Having grown up in a close-knit band, Chambua is very sociable. He is not above conversation with anybody, feline or familiar, as he sees all things as equal. Thus, he has a hard time understanding pride structure in which one gender is favoured over another, or where a rule becomes ruler simply by birth. He believes that rulers need to be intellectually fit for the job, and if an heir doesn't come from the royal bloodline then perhaps the bloodline needs to be changed. The young male loves to discuss such things with the felines he encounters, always interested in their opinions and perspective. Chambua also considers himself somewhat of a problem solver, having a long history of exposure to riddles and mind game. He is quite content to be the shoulder to cry on, the ear to listen, or anything of that nature.

Image Song: Phil Collins - On My Way
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:28 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

A Meeting at Sunrise - [Machwa] Link +
Relief from the silence - [Zumaradi] Link +
A Seeker of the Truth - [Self] Link +
Dreams and Ambitions - [Jo] Link *
On the Road - [Ryuuko] Link +
Poetry in Motion - [Sen] Link +
Well Met - [Elua] Link *
Hybrids and Cheetahs and Lions, oh my! - [Toh Ni] Link *

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:51 pm

User Image

User Image

And I fortunately know a little secret
It's a talent that I always have possessed
And dear lady, please don't laugh
I use it on behalf
Of the miserable, the lonely, and depressed (pathetic)

Name: Xibalba
Meaning: "place of fear"; name of the Mayan underworld
Offspring: Mith, Oxotl, Uss D'mzil, Eztli, Mkosi, Nym

Pride: Rogue
Position in Pride: None
Personality: Xibalba is the self-proclaimed leader of the Society, also known as her network of spies. Whether she is a false seer or a true one is unknown, however she rules the Society with a cruelty hidden underneath a sweet smile. She is not openly destructive, does not get into frequent fights, and most certainly has control over her temper. What makes her as dangerous as she is? Xibalba plays from the sidelines. Never one to get her claws dirty, so to speak, the lioness uses others to do her dirty work. She can be incredibly convincing, a well-practiced actor in the art of deceit. Why actually hold a high-ranking position when she could control a high-ranking lion instead? That way, if anything goes wrong, the blame will never be on her. Like a puppet on a string, she will manipulate anyone she can get her paws on, using them in her plans without a second thought. Xibalba has no concern for anyone's feelings other than her own.

While one would consider her not the ambitious type – Xibalba never seems to want anything – she is very single-minded in the pursuit of her goals. She spends days thinking up ways of getting what she wants, from how to stage it to what puppets she wants to use. Often times those she can manipulate aren't enough, and she must resort to getting information off other people. The lioness is well practiced the art of getting information from people, seeing as she feels the need to be privy to everything that goes on in her pride. There's nothing she loves more than knowing other people's secrets, and is not above using them to blackmail said person into doing whatever she wants. Like most who live their lives manipulating others, Xibalba rarely allows anyone to get close to her. Her relationships are usually only with those who she can use to better herself, and she would be very thrown off guard if someone tried to "love her for who she was" so to speak. That would just be too weird.

Image Song: Jonas Brothers - Poor Unfortunate Souls, Nine Inch Nails - Meet Your Master

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:52 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Wandering like a Ghost - [Nzinga] Link +
Then It's Decided - [Utesaji] Link +
Don't Go Too Far Now - [Farai] Link *
The Mistress and Her Boy - [Thambo] Link +
Sharp Eyes, Sharp Claws - [Farai + Thambo] Link +
Necessary Chit-Chat - [Utesaji] Link *
Tell Me I Made the Right Choice - [Nzinga] Link *
The Time is Now - [Nzinga + Utesaji + cubs] Link +
The Day of Uniting Disasters - [Hari + Ohahira] Link *
Amat victoria curam - [Dath] Link +
Mors ultima linea rerum est - [Kiuma, Hippolyta, Ushindi] Link *
There's evil here that does not sleep - [Solo] Link *

Chibi Sheepcat

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:56 pm

User Image

User Image

I won't suffer, be broken, get tired, or wasted
Surrender to nothing, I'll give up what I
Started and stop this, from end to beginning
A new day is calling, and I am finally free

Name: Kalitani
Meaning: fierce strength
Father: Mkuru
Mother: Ameira
Siblings: Machotekeza, Siasa, Kefilwe, Imamialeli, ???

Pride: Aali'makabila
Position in Pride: Mwindaji
Personality: Kalitani has a very "I can handle myself" attitude, whether because her mother was inattentive or simply because that was just the way she was born. She considers herself to be extremely independent, with a definite self-righteous streak that often makes her difficult to deal with. This young cub is not above making it clear who is below her and especially who is not worthy or her attentions. She believes herself to be of great worth, and thus the very fact that she chooses to acknowledge someone's presence should be treated like a monumental event. Those who would try to challenge her image of herself would find that while she does play fair, she plays hard and very rough. Kalitani doesn't deal in words, only in claws.

Despite this, Kalitani is not the secretive type, or is she particularly cunning. She doesn't go to great lengths to hide her feelings or her actions, never one to do things behind another's back. All of what she does is done to a person's face, thus she is very easy to read. Kalitani is also incredibly dedicated, despite her high image of herself, to any one feline who has shown themselves to be a great leader. If there is not one, well.... she has no qualms stepping up to the plate or getting rid of a failure. However luckily for Kalitani, she will find a leader, in the form of Zaliwa'ya Mwamba. She will become Zaliwa'ya's devotee, so to speak, eagerly soaking up the teachings of the pride. Tolerance is out of the question for Kalitani, who will know where her loyalties lie.

Image Song: Attack - Thirty Seconds to Mars

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:12 pm

User Image
* denotes finished RP

Anything You Can Do - [Kioo] Link *
A Brief Respite - [Ziarre] Link *
Long Time No See - [Imamialeli] Link *
It Takes Real Effort - [Farai] Link *

Chibi Sheepcat

[OOC] Journals [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]