Jacob or Edward?
  Jacob
  Edward
View Results

[[.sheryl.]]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:51 am
The_Weasle_Runs_Rampant
In_My_Broken_Heart
Okay, so, not really. Just trying to grab your attention and I guess it worked since you're reading this! xD So yeah... anyways... I just wanted to know why mostly everyone likes Edward better then Jacob? I mean. Sure, Edward's perfect, but what is it that makes people interesting? It's their personalities and flaws, ain't it? In my opinion it is. And also, Edward is so... eh. You know what I mean? Well probably not... so let's go into detail. SO, here's what I mean.

Edward would never have been interested in Bella if it wasn't for her blood. - While Jacob didn't care about that. He liked the way she was.

Edward never would've told Bella what he was if it wasn't for Jacob's stories. - Jacob told Bella he was a werewolf after a few weeks.

Edward let's Bella have a taste of the life of a vampire. The kind of taste that will torture your taste buds forever, you know? - Jacob on the other hand, welcomed Bella into his werewolf life after only a short period of time.

If I were Bella, I'd choose Jacob. Edward's too flawless, and that in itself is too big of one. Yeah, sure he's got personality and speed. But really? How would you feel if you were always around someone so flawless?

So, who do you like better, Jacob or Edward? Now tell why.

1. Edward would so have!! It wasn't even her blood anyhow, it was just her. The way she talks and stuff. He likes her for her.
2. He would so have! He was protecting her!! Thats something you jacob people never seem to get. He does what he does to protect her. He hates himself for being what he is. He even said she should pick jacob! Jacob would never say that about Edward! And besides, Edward was there fiirst, Jackob just need to but the hell out!
3. Edward isn't flawless! He could slip up at anysecond and kill her! He hates that! Every second he's with her, it's killing him inside. And he doesn't want her to be doomed to his fate! He wants her human! Edward is just a better guy. Less selfish. Jacob is the one causing her pain now! If he wasn't so perrsistant, bella would have never figured it out! And she would have been happier! She knew it wouldn't make a differance, he just couldn't take a hint! Anyway, as long as Stephanie knows Edwards better, it doesn't matter what you people think. Stephanie makes the rules.

With point number 1~ I think Edward wouldn't have noticed Bella much if he could read her thoughts like everyone else and wasn't so attracted to her blood. Bella might have just been any other new girl to the school to him if those two things hadn't happened, but I guess the thing is that those two things did happen and that's just the way it goes =]

Point 2, I'm gonna add that maybe Jacob wouldn't have told Bella either if it wasn't for him telling her the stories at La Push - without him telling Bella those stories, Bella wouldn't have known about Edward being a vampire and Bella wouldn't have talked to Jacob a lot either.

3. That's true! But... I dunno, that also sort of makes Edward seem emo-ish XD I know he's not emo, I know he's not, don't kill me... Apart from that, although Edward does seem too flawless, he's not quite that flawless. At least he's got more personality than say, Superman. And at least he's not just some idiot that goes around acting the good guy 24/7 and always fixing the problems like it's no big deal. There's a reason why I hate Marvel Comics superheroes and I'm glad Edward's not like one =]

Stephenie Meyer may make the rules, but rules are still made to be broken
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:11 pm
i agree but i don't
because i like them both
i think edward is a seducer
and jacob is just such a sweetie
and you want to hate edward but you can't
and poor bella
geez
if i had to decide i'd throw myself off a 100 story high building
but i love them both
gosh it's soo hard to decide
i'm not even going to answer the poll! gonk  

xbookxwormx

Meiko-san Akizuki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:23 pm
To me I just have to say that I love Edward more. I mean Edward may seem a lil flawless and he is WAYYY too overprotective over her. But you know, he only feels that way, cuz he feels that it's his fault. If she hadn't been involved with him, she wouldn't be in the life-risking troubles that she's always involved in. He's just too scared to lose her (NOW ISN'T THAT JUST SWEET?!). And then when he left her in New Moon, she wasn't the only one suffering. I mean HE too went and curled up into a ball, separated from his family and was COMPLETELY on his own. As for her, (it's soo sad too!), i mean she went through alot, feeling all numb and everything, but after a while, she finally woke up in Jacob's arm in which made her happy for a while. At SOME point, she was at least happy, as for Edward, he was miserable the whole time. And Jacob just PURPOSELY hurt Ed on purpose by thinking about how she looked to make him feel bad. I MEAN HE DOESN'T KNOW THE TRUTH BEHIND IT AND I JUST THINK HE SHOULD MIND HIS OWN BUSINESS!

There are SOME things that I don't like about Jacob:
1. He talks really bad of Edward (even Edward can be MUCH more mature with Bella when talking about Jake).
2. Everytime Bella visits, he ALWAYS get her mad, something about the Cullens, and he ALWAYS have to apologize to take it back (but when you apologize for the same thing over and over again, it doesn't really seem like you really mean it anymore. Cuz when you apologize, it's because you see what you did wrong, and you would know better to not do it again and again. Yet, that's just what Jake kept doing, talking badly of Ed and the Cullens).
3. I HATE THAT PART THAT HE STOLE A KISS FROM HER!! scream I just DON'T like it when someone forces another, ESPECIALLY WHEN THE PERSON IS TAKEN!! I mean SURE, he dislikes Ed and everything, but he doesn't NEED to just do that like that.
4. AND I don't like how Charlie is SOOO on Jake's side @.@ he doesn't have a clue about ANYTHING

I heart Edward  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:51 pm
*happy dance* yayers, there's Jacob fans here!

I love Jacob! Edward is just too perfect. I would hate that. It would just drive me insane if my boyfriend was always better than me. maybe because I'm a bit of a perfectionist sometimes. xd

But Jacob is just awesome! He's a werewolf. He's cute and cuddly. xd and he's not perfect.

Mikil of Southern

xMakexMexBadx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:41 pm
Jacob Black is the greatest.
I happen to think he's better than Edward.
biggrin

Not that Edward isn't perfect in his own way,
but you can't really be yourself with him! You have to be careful all the time. With Jacob, it's so natural. And not to mention, he's pretty good looking.

Jacob is more like your bestfriend/boyfriend.
Edward is just like a serious boyfriend.

I just like Jacob more.
:]  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:44 am
The Kraken
I like Edward best.

The first reason I like him is because he's a vampire. The concept of werewolves has always bothered me. I'd rather drink blood than turn into a giant wolf. That's just me.

I like the cold better than the hot. Again, that's just me. I hate the incredibly hot summers here, but I love the cold winters. It makes me feel safe, you know?

Now, on to the facts of the two people we're talking about--

The thing is, Edward was attracted to Bella for her blood. If it weren't for her blood, then we really wouldn't have much of a story, would we? That's just what pulled him in at first, but as he got to know her and form a resistance against him drinking her blood, he realised that he was really in love with her, the way Jacob is.

One thing as well, 'He liked her the way she was'? Did I miss something? Did she go through some chemical change when she met Edward? Not really, no.

As for Jacob's stories... They did help, but Bella still knew that Edward wasn't human. She didn't really need to know what he was, did she?

I think you've got that a little basackwards. As soon as Edward knew that Bella knew what he was, he opened up and told her just about everything. He introduced her to his family, he showed her all of his abilities. Whereas Jacob didn't do that so willingly. I know that he couldn't tell her what he was, but neither did Edward. But as soon as she knew that Jake was a werewolf and he didn something weird, she'd ask and he'd just answer with "Wolf thing," and then continue on as though nothing were wrong.

So, if I were Bella, I'd choose Edward. What's wrong with being flawless, anyways?

I would have to agree with her on everything, my views are exactly the same, I don't like the idea of becoming furry, and I feel most comfortable in the cold, and her points on the book are pretty much the same as mine. I would choose edward, mostly because I would feel most comfortable around him, I am very clumsy just like bella, so pretty much everyone is perfect compared to me, it doesn't bother me one bit. I couldn't care less that edward is "perfect" atleast compared to jacob. Edward does have his flaws though, but in Eclipse he was able to work most of his issues out, were as jacob kinda got worse. In my opinion Jacob is kinda selfish, especially in Eclipse, he made things a hell of a lot harder for bella. As for who I think Bella should choose, I would have to say whoever she's most happy with, which seems to be Edward. *crosses fingers and prays to god that jacob dies in the 4th book* XP hahahaha jk I hate Jacob but not to the point were I wish him death.  

luvs_vampires27

luvs_vampires27

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:56 am
Zirumi
I was okay with Jake in the beginning. But as soon as he went in and almost ruined Bella's and Edward's relationship*in my mind* then I hated him. Wasn't she engaged when he tricked her into kissing him? She made the boundaries clear. Plus, since Edward and Bella have such a strong attraction to each other, I would leave them be. Edward is way more mature because well...he lived long enough to learn. Jacob is the closest thing to normal out of pretty much everyone, and maybe thats another reason people hate him? He acts his age in a book where everyone lived long enough or are mentally more mature. I do think it would be cool to have a wolf big enough to ride though... I still like Edward best. He's brining chivalry back mrgreen

I love your post heart

Quote:
He's brining chivalry back

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:35 pm
I would pick Jacob because he still wanted to be with Bella even if she considered herself damaged goods.  

beloved_dewdrop_13

luvs_vampires27

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:51 am
stormy6331
I would pick Jacob because he still wanted to be with Bella even if she considered herself damaged goods.

so did Edward.... many more times than Jacob.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:05 pm
Edward beats Jacob ANY day.
P.S. u r totally right, the kraken. Edward Elric AND Cullen do totally rock. Dunno who the eds on the other sides were tho.  

the_queen_of_the_fairies

The Kraken

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:59 pm
mugglegirl713
Edward beats Jacob ANY day.
P.S. u r totally right, the kraken. Edward Elric AND Cullen do totally rock. Dunno who the eds on the other sides were tho.
It's Edward Bloom (From Big Fish) and Edward Scissorhands. (From...Edward Scissorhands.)
Of course Edward beats Jake any day!
Edward kicks a**.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:50 pm
In_My_Broken_Heart
Okay, so, not really. Just trying to grab your attention and I guess it worked since you're reading this! xD So yeah... anyways... I just wanted to know why mostly everyone likes Edward better then Jacob? I mean. Sure, Edward's perfect, but what is it that makes people interesting? It's their personalities and flaws, ain't it? In my opinion it is. And also, Edward is so... eh. You know what I mean? Well probably not... so let's go into detail. SO, here's what I mean.

Edward would never have been interested in Bella if it wasn't for her blood. - While Jacob didn't care about that. He liked the way she was.

Edward never would've told Bella what he was if it wasn't for Jacob's stories. - Jacob told Bella he was a werewolf after a few weeks.

Edward let's Bella have a taste of the life of a vampire. The kind of taste that will torture your taste buds forever, you know? - Jacob on the other hand, welcomed Bella into his werewolf life after only a short period of time.

If I were Bella, I'd choose Jacob. Edward's too flawless, and that in itself is too big of one. Yeah, sure he's got personality and speed. But really? How would you feel if you were always around someone so flawless?

So, who do you like better, Jacob or Edward? Now tell why.

First off, I wanna say Edward isn't "perfect" he's just charming. There's a difference. Let's point out some his flaws, shall we?
He thinks he know what's best...a lot. He's sort of a know it all....
He jumps to conclusions
He doesn't think before he does things
Those are just a couple, yes, but he has HUMAN qualities. He has lots of personality!

The fact that you said he only wanted Bella for her blood is not true. He payed attenion to her because of her blood, yes. But he reveals that her personality appeals to him also. He loves how she's different and is mature [for the most part]. So I think you are mistaken.

Do you realize that BOTH of them weren't going to tell her what they were? So what if Edward took longer, the fact is they weren't supposed to say anything, and they didn't want to endanger Bella. Bottom line, they both weren't going to tell her anything, yet they did. how long it took doesn't really matter.

Also....to me, it's obvious that becoming a vampire is much more deadly than being around a werewolf. Jacob is only dangerous when he's angry. Edward on the other hand fights his instincts everytime he's with Bella just to keep her alive. That takes a lot of love, don't you think? It's VERY easy for Edward kill Bella even if he really didn't want to because of what he is. My point is, Edward had very good reasons to give Bella only a "taste" of his life.

I like Jacob. I'm sure he's a good friend for Bella, but really what makes you so sure he won't imprint on another girl! I mean, he hadn't imprinted on Bella, so there's a chance that if they got together, Jacob will do Bella like Sam did Leah. Why do the uncertain thing instead of the certain thing?  

Aqua Anjel

meggy_magic515

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:11 pm
duh Edward better than Jacob  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:23 pm
Edward wins because he just has a natural talent for stealing Bella's and everyone elses hearts. =D heart heart heart  

VampiraBaby

celestialheiress

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:26 pm
okay, I've read everyone's opinions now here's mine. I believe Jake is and would be a better match for Bella.

Jake may be a werewolf but he is a million times more human than edward will ever be. When people are turned into vampires they become cold and lose a part of themselves, Edward is missing the fire that bella needs. He can't provide a real life for bella all he can do is take it from her. Jake can give her children and they can eventually grow old together. they can have natural love, what was ment to be before edward unnaturally came along. another thing is the fact that was mentioned before about bella being irresistable. Her blood is a vampire-magnet and I believe if edward lacked the mind reading ability and she lacked her delicious smell (as formentioned) he wouldn't have noticed her at all just as none of the other cullens did. therefore nature would have run its course, and because jake had been in her life before, she would have naturally fallen for him and this sick triangle would be dimminished.

then again I must contridict myself and say that edward does have these abilities and bella has delicious blood so therefore everything is just as screwed up as ever. I just honestly prefer jake to edward because in some cases I cant stand him, he seems full of himself and too perfect, everyone has flaws even vampires, another thing is that I would prefer the warmth of jake any day to the icyness and deathliness of edward. I also hate the fact that edward left bella, supposidly for her own good, she was moving on with her life and he was thrown back into it again. then she realized her love for jacob and madness ensued. at some times I cant stand bella for what she does to both edward and jake, she tears them apart with her misguided emotions.

I do like the fact that edward does all he can to protect her but then at the same time he cant stop himself from giving her exactly what he wants to take away, himself.

*spoilers*
I just find it all so confusing, I expect jake will imprint *hopes* he will imprint on a different girl and life can go on, otherwise I see this marriage thing thats supposed to be happening will be delayed more because of jakes sudden dissapearance. I could be wrong, bella might not even care, but thats doubtful. *spoilers*

(fun fact of this post- another reason i prefer jake.. my fiancee looks just like him almost and acts the same too, so i guess ive already got mine eh? lol.)

let the maddness commence.  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces