Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:06 pm
Panther Nightwind
SiegeDragomon
kinda like in the merlin books, magic faded away from the world because people stopped beliving in it
gonk The poor faeries crying
That (almost) happened in Hook, I now remember...  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:23 pm
SiegeDragomon
kinda like in the merlin books, magic faded away from the world because people stopped beliving in it

When I think of Merlin, I think of Sam Neill with long hair (because he was Merlin in the miniseries, which I've only seen pictures from and want to buuuuuuy), and when I think of Sam Neill, I think of Jurassic Park. >.<

Crap, now I want to play God of War. Interesting topic, and I'm not sure how to respond. Again, I find myself nodding in agreement with Banu.  

Keistera

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:05 am
Keistera
SiegeDragomon

When I think of Merlin, I think of Sam Neill with long hair (because he was Merlin in the miniseries, which I've only seen pictures from and want to buuuuuuy), and when I think of Sam Neill, I think of Jurassic Park. >.<

Crap, now I want to play God of War. Interesting topic, and I'm not sure how to respond. Again, I find myself nodding in agreement with Banu.
I still have to see that! gonk I saw part of it in grade 8 history class (don't ask), but we finished the year before we could finish the entire thing  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:37 pm
interesting thought. 3nodding  

Lady Adokenai

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Adokenai

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:59 pm
Chicken soup sounds good right about now... domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:57 pm
Jameta
I think the Norse gods are always dieing in some story or another...

Hmmm .... the story of Baldr .... the story of Ragnarok ... hmmm, nah, the Norse gods never die. Never! *looks amused*

Seriously, though ... there's something complicated about the deaths of the Gods. Even though they die, they are not dead and gone ... and yet they are. Rrrgh. This is the third time this week I've run into trying to explain this dichotomy. I don't have time to explain it right now, but if folks are interested, I'll post about it later.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

Quadadiddle
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:36 pm
Starlock
Nothing is every truly destroyed. So the answer would be a no, though that begs further explanation, doesn't it? Matter isn't created or destroyed, so in effect we ourselves are all immortal. Just not unchanging. An unchanging universe would simply not exist as we are able to comprehend. All things are in motion, and without that, reality would cease to exist. Things simply change forms. So you can 'kill' gods, so to speak, but they simply transition to another form. Did that make sense?

Nothing that physically exists can be destroyed. And we are mortal, because we die. Our soul may live on, but our PHYSICAL EXISTANCE dies.

And Gods don't physicially exist (or at least that's my view) so they can indeed be destroyed.

It sounds like a good theory, but you're using science to explain something that isn't supported by science. Rain occurs because of the water cycle (evaporation <-> condensation) not because of a god. If a god DID in fact control the weather, then it would be impossible for it to exist physically, meaning it wouldn't be subject to physical (or more broad, scientific) laws.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:54 pm
its late and I'm not going to read through the whole two pages that there are to read through ~rolls eyes at self~

Now I'm sure someone has mentioned this... but the Titans seemed to be powerful enough to kill gods... or something like that, I can't remember right now.

so... I think it is possible... and you would either, A: have to take the gods place, or B: open the door for someone better or worse.  

liftedplane

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces