Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Multimedia
Ruining Foriegn Things--The Olympic Event Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What country has ruined the most foreign things?
america
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
America
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
USA
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
US
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
the united states
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
damn yankees....f***** everything up
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:09 pm
Rellik San
Krypta9
Rellik Chan
Well lets see, america took and ruined, Rugby, Football, Tea, Crumpets, Scones, The Colonies oh and not least forgetting, the actual English language itself. No word of a lie, I heard an American tourist once say; "I can't understand a word they say, why can't they speak English properly?"

LIAR! An american would never say "properly".

Also, I think there should be another option in the poll. For those of us who actually live here, it's not the whole country, just the South. whee
Let it be known that I have never uttered the 'words' "ain't" or "ya'll" EVER. stressed

If its just the south, how do you explain monkey boy in the white house?

The term "south" should really apply to "Everything that isn't the west coast, east-coast, and midwest".

User Image

The red part is "the south". The green part is Idaho, which (it should be mentioned) is more racist, sexist, and homophobic than all the rest of the south combined.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:16 pm
I agree that countries will ruin foreign imports (or create horrible facsimiles of them), but America certainly isn't the only one. Nor is everything that America adapts bad.

For example- Honestly, I think American football is both more entertaining and more strategic than rugby, the sport on which it was based.

Another example- the British punk bands of the 1976-79 movement were, for the most part, bad rip-offs of American rock bands like Iggy & the Stooges and MC5.

In other words:

As usual, America is neither the best nor the worst, and generally speaking, first world countries are only fairly even ground.  

GilAskan
Crew

perrenthezombie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:25 pm
GilAskan
Rellik San
Krypta9
Rellik Chan
Well lets see, america took and ruined, Rugby, Football, Tea, Crumpets, Scones, The Colonies oh and not least forgetting, the actual English language itself. No word of a lie, I heard an American tourist once say; "I can't understand a word they say, why can't they speak English properly?"

Also, I think there should be another option in the poll. For those of us who actually live here, it's not the whole country, just the South. whee
Let it be known that I have never uttered the 'words' "ain't" or "ya'll" EVER. stressed

The term "south" should really apply to "Everything that isn't the west coast, east-coast, and midwest".

User Image

The red part is "the south". The green part is Idaho, which (it should be mentioned) is more racist, sexist, and homophobic than all the rest of the south combined.

I live in Washington. So there. xp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:29 pm
Rellik San
Krypta9
Rellik Chan

Oh god...*tear*
True. But I think that's also just the general idiocy of human beings. People+a culture where being ignorant is perfectly acceptable and new ideas are dangerous=bad results.

perrenthezombie

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:51 pm
Krypta9
True. But I think that's also just the general idiocy of human beings. People+a culture where being ignorant is perfectly acceptable and new ideas are dangerous=bad results.

Part of every culture, unfortunately.

From Japan's unyielding organized crime syndicates to Norway's church-burnings. From America's obsession with expansion (both in borders and waistlines) to the United Kingdom's continued acceptance of serious class discrepancies.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:47 pm
Alright, I have some new ones.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15062_ridiculous-overseas-rip-offs-american-films.html

Not all ruining things necessarily, just copying them. And not all american things, as it says, but whatever. The thriller and harry potter ones had me laughing for a looong time.

perrenthezombie

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:12 pm
Now your ruining spaced... I hope your happy. D;  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:00 am
George W. Bush was in China to see the Olympics and he wanted to be nice so he turns to Hu Jintao and says "General Tso, I love your chicken."  

vincejustvince

Multimedia

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces