Submit

underthered

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:31 pm
Pridelands--Mfuto--Adult--Kimya--2/27/08--x/x/xx

RP Located Here  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:20 pm
heart Kunanda'Nakhun Lands--Lefika--Adult--Chizoba--3/13/08--3/14/08

Quote:
Covenmice (8:43:23 PM): Chizoba hadn't seen the borders of the lands in quite some time. He was not a woman, to be patrolling them, and as his work usually kept him at the center where the other members were, it was perhaps expected that he might forget what they looked like. Not that he could ever cross them--no, the guards were much too good for that. They turned him back when he came to close, and he acknowledged them, and was then left on his own. Why, after all, would any female bother too much with even the Pahal? Indeed, the only women he spoke with on any sort of 'regular' basis were the queens. This didn't bother him, for it was the way the life went and to Chizoba, it was good.

Instead, he thought of how lovely the flowers were here, and how brilliant the green of the forest about him. Today the jungle did nothing to hide his lava stricken coat, for there were no red flowers to hide underneath, but Chizoba did not mind this either. It was the way of his pride to bless those whose coats rendered them visible--for it was they who had to surpass that physical limitation in order to hunt. Those brilliant, blinding women were the most dangerous of all--and not merely for their size.

He smiled to himself as he reflected upon this. The eye-striking beauties his pride produced were truly a glory to see; but it had been long since they had fallen to the plague and the destruction of their old homelands. The memory of his conversation with one of the Queens a few days passed replayed in his mind, and he couldn't help agree with her; it would be good to see the pride grow to its full numbers again.

Yet, it was so calm.. so quiet here. A soft sigh worked its way through his body, contented. He wasn't certain that he would live many more summers; already he had seen more than any other male in the pride, so many that he had stopped counting them. Still, it did no good to mark these things before their time, and he continued on his journey as he thought of more pleasant things.

VoiceOfDoom1739 (9:03:33 PM): Though Lefika felt sure she'd found her home at last, she still couldn't help the fact that she had a restless heart. Every breeze ushered her to go on her wandering ways once again. So here she was, weaving in and out between trees, straying further and further from home. Theoreticaly, she was just hunting for flowers to decorate her den. However, she found herself increasingly distracted by the scenery.

Spying a flash of red in the foliage, Lefika admired the color. It would indeed look lovely on her walls. However when she reached out for it, she touched... fur? She withdrew quickly, then brushed the leaves aside to see what was there. It was a lion. Lefika backed off a little, trying not to get into his personal space. "Pardon me," she said. "I thought you were a flower. Your color is.. unique."

Covenmice (9:11:37 PM): A touch on his rump startled the male, and he turned to see... a rather drab lioness. Poor thing, to be saddled with browns and russets. Obviously not a member of the pride, for it was small enough he knew them by sight, and they did not have any lionesses so... masculine as she. Yet a soft smile appeared upon his muzzle. A gypsy, he thought, otherwise there was no way the guards would have allowed her inside the lands. The members of the nearby 'gypsy' pride were allowed to come and go as they pleased, however, for they harmed no one and nothing--even if they did tend to have rather displeasing features.

"Pardoned willingly, miss." Chizoba bowed hsi head as he would have to any female, regardless of their age. "it is not often one mistakes me for a flower. I'm very flattered, by that, actually. If you were looking for such beauties, however, one might suggest that you'll find a rather brilliant cluster of tiger lillies not a few yards in that direction." He nodded his chin to indicate the way he had just come.

VoiceOfDoom1739 (9:29:49 PM): Lefika smiled broadly at the male--she found herself getting better and better about smiling--glad she'd not done him much offense. She knew she really ought to be more careful when she was traveling... but she'd lived a large part of her life without "careful" in her vocabulary. Until she had her two beautiful sons. "I would be grateful if you could show me to them," she said, taking to the lion's side. "I need them for my den."

God, her sons. She was so content with her newfound family, yet she missed her boys desperately. Ajabu she missed more and more every day, and Sepoko had not been gone long but she still felt like she hadn't seen him in forever. She hoped that Sepoko would return spiritually enlightened, as she had. Otherwise she'd feel she'd failed her boys.

Covenmice (9:34:10 PM): He gave another nod, and turned in place. No matter that she was not of his pride--she was female and he would do as told. Where some males might have rebelled against such behavior, it was all that Chizoba had ever known and he was content in it. What else was there, for a male? Nor, in reality, would he ever believe anyone that tried to 'teach' him any different. The male gave her a smile, ever careful of his place, for males and females did not readily mix among his pride. "As the Lady commands, I serve," He chuckled, giving the words the air of nothing more than kind politeness to those who did not know the ways of his people. "Perhaps the lady would be interested in more than a few tiger's lillies then? Or would mention a particular colour which may please her eye above all others. I am certain that there would be many such blossoms to choose from, if only one knew where to look."

VoiceOfDoom1739 (9:44:06 PM): Lefika laughed a little, unaccustomed to this sort of graciousness and subservient attitude. For an independant girl like Lefika, it amused her, frankly. "My, my," she said, "Aren't you the helpful one?" She sat back a moment, then, pondering the color choices. In her mind's eye she surveyed her home, with all it's trappings. After she'd pictured it, she finally said, "I really think reds and greens are all I need." Yes, that would just about do it.

Covenmice (9:46:41 PM): "Reds and greens.. hm." He considered that, then altered their course slightly. "That we can manage, I do believe." Chizoba offered her a smile, "It is my pleasure to help those who need it or ask it, Miss. A little kindness, especially to strangers, goes a long way in this world, I've found. There is no reason, after all, to be rude and it is not much that you ask of me."

VoiceOfDoom1739 (10:04:40 PM): Lefika easily kept pace with her new companion, making long strides on her long legs. She had always been a little larger than most lionesses she met, and whenever she had to keep up with someone she was glad of it. "It is a beautiful philosophy you keep," she told him as she walked alongside him. "If only everyone I met shared the same beliefs." She ducked shortly to avoid a branch and wove around a tree.

Being called "Miss", however, troubled her a bit. She certainly didn't feel like a miss, and wasn't used to the pleasantry. However, it didn't feel right to have him call her by her true name, Ka'Moya. Her true name was Kizingo'Zaa business, and for her true family to use. "Please, call me Lefika," she said with a bow of her head before she kept moving. That should do.

Covenmice (11:10:40 PM): "Lefika," He acknowledged with a nod. It was always a nice thing to be allowed a female's name, though he was not used to using them. Except when he absolutely had to. Honorifics were far more 'appropriate' for his kind, in relation to the fairer sex. That was among the things that should be understood, however, and never spoken of and so he allowed it to pass. "If it would so please you, you might call me Chizoba. And while I find that such ... mm.. beliefs ar not far spread, there are many more kind people in this world of ours than not, so no matter what level of politeness they choose to use, I am always glad to meet them."

VoiceOfDoom1739 (11:21:17 PM): "A pleasure, Chizoba," Lefika answered in return. She would probably never know exactly why Chizoba was the way he was, but his demeanor still fascinated her. "Clearly you have a far more optimistic view of this world than I." He really was an interesting character, light-hearted, honest, and polite. He seemed really dependable... he rather reminded her of Koda, but not in an unpleasant way.

An idea was beginning to bubble in the back of her head, but it wasn't solidifying. Not quite yet. She decided, then, to keep quiet and inspect her thoughts as she walked. If he wished to speak more, he would speak up for himself. To force conversation would be silly.

Covenmice (11:35:36 PM): Chizoba laughed at that, a rich hearty sound that echoed gently in the trees, rather than ringing forcefully through them. He dared to give her a smile, for such things weren't unknown to his people, "Perhaps, but that is my gift and my undoing. 'Trusting' they call one such as I, and it is a double-edged attribute at best. Ah, here we are!"

He came up to a medow that had a rather large stand of bushes with cherry red blossoms attatched, each as big as one of their paws. "Perhaps these will please the lady?"

VoiceOfDoom1739 (11:44:29 PM): Lefika smirked a little and shook her head. "Too true, unfortunately," she said. She knew there were plenty of creatures out there not worth trusting in the slightest, and she did her best to avoid them. She felt fortunate indeed that she had inadvertantly come across one as well-mannered as Chizoba in her travels.

But when they came across the meadow, Lefika staggered to a stop, and her silver eyes widened, a gasp escaping through her lips. Being a stoic much of the time, not much stirred her visibly... but Lefika was at the mercy of great beauty, and that is what she saw here. "They are perfect!" She exclaimed, before stepping gingerly forward to inspect the flowers and decide just which batch to pick. She would have thanked him if she hadn't assumed her thanks was implied by her delight.

Covenmice (11:46:54 PM): Chizoba gave a nod, more like a deep bow to her, even though her back was turned. He did not bother to respond to that, for it wasn't truly needed. The flowers were perfect, indeed, for her purposes and for themselves. Nothing else need be said, and so when she did not turn to him again, he quietly took his leave of her.

VoiceOfDoom1739 (11:55:17 PM): As Lefika rummaged around and plucked only the fullest, brightest flowers, placing them carefully behind her ears for safe keeping, she kept to the thoughts in her head. He had been ever so helpful, this Chizoba. Helpful like her Sepoko always was. How she missed him, indeed, and how she desperately wished she had been a better mother to him. Perhaps he'd have a stronger will and a happier attitude if she'd been a better mother. With all she'd learned, and with her new family behind her, she was sure she could be a much better mother NOW, but her boys were already grown.

Wait.

Her boys might be grown... but who's to say she couldn't be a mother again? She could, she could indeed be a mother again, and this time she'd do it right. In fact, the very solution and answer to her problem may just be sitting right behind her. So, smiling wide, Lefika circled about to face Chizoba again and asked him, point-blank, "Since you are ever so helpful, could you perhaps assist me in another matter? I wish to have children once again. Could I trouble you to... contribute?" She leaned forward expectantly, but if the answer was no, then she would leave it alone.

Covenmice (11:59:50 PM): Chizoba's ears pricked. He'd been just about to leave--and turned to do so, in fact--when she asked a question of him. It wasn't shocking so much that she'd asked, but more amusing to him that the request had been made of him so late in his years. As a younger male he'd waited in vain for a female to choose him, though his pelt had been made it almost certain that this would never happen. Indeed it hadn't.. until now.

Lefika was not of his pride. She wasn't even of his way.. but she was a gypsy, he thought, and a female who had asked. "Are you certain that you would wish that?" He asked, careful to give her a chance to rethink herself.

VoiceOfDoom1739 (12:09:14 AM): His surprise amused her almost as much as his calm politeness had. Some people just weren't accustomed to being asked things straight-up like that. But Lefika was no nonsense, and saw no point in dancing around things. It was a waste of time and a waste of breath to do so. And so, she got right down to business. But he questioned her certainty, and she thought she should, indeed, think a little more carefully on the matter. However, she knew in her heart that children would be right for her. Just to be sure, though, she turned her head up, to seek a sign in what sky was visible in that clearing. Overhead, a few gray clouds shifted, letting light down and a breeze which flickered lightly through the flowers and Lefika's tawny fur. She nodded then. "Yes, I am certain," she said. "If you are willing, I would be glad for your help. You are of a very interesting pelt and a very interesting demeanor... I feel that you would give great children."

Covenmice (12:11:18 AM): "If the Lady is certain of her choice," He replied carefull and gave a polite nod once more, "Then I am certain her choice is a wise one, and am flattered by it. I will provide what you ask of me."

VoiceOfDoom1739 (12:12:19 AM): Lefika nodded. "Excellent," she said. With a purr she approached him and nuzzled his nose gently. And, for the first time in a while, she said, "And I thank you."

underthered

underthered

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:39 pm
Kizingo'Zaa Lands--Lefika--Adult--Agenti'Jicho--4/18/08--x/x/xx

RP Located Here  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:25 pm
Dawnwalker Lands--Sepoko--Adult--Ilori--6/7/08--6/8/08

RP Located Here  

underthered

underthered

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:37 pm
Jungle--Benibeni--Adult--Omoa--6/8/08--x/x/xx