Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)
I'm pretty new, here's my work pls. give some advice :) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:34 pm
Thanks, I really appericiate what everyone said biggrin

I didn't know how long I drew it because it was drawn while my teachers were discussing (the subjects were boring) but it did took a long time, maybe an hour or two. It might look alright but i'm making another one, I really want it to look better for my friend

>to kyangfan

Well i'm sure none of my ancestors are artistic. And yeah ur right, my brothers and sisters might set the trend for future generations biggrin

> to bellabie

drawing a sakura tree is a major time killer, it consumes a lot of time really fast without you knowing it (espacially if you draw it flower by flower), drawing even helped me go through an hour of boring discussion smile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:11 pm
Well, the best time to practice drawing during the day is in the middle of a boring lecture, unless one is bad at multitasking. whee What boring class/classes was this in?  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:07 pm
History, and math......no matter how much i listen I can't get anything  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:15 pm
Yeah, I know what you mean... sweatdrop My teachers are usually okay with me doodling in class, strangely... or at least they don't say anything. How can people differentiate between reading books in class and doodling in class? Both ways the student paying attention to something other than what the teacher is doing, but the students reading books get publicly called out. Does that seem logical??  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:21 am
Nope, not really....

What i think is teachers usually call people reding books because they're actually trying to participate, I think they just want to keep the class lively.......that's my opinion neutral

i draw when i'm bored at class, i think teachers know that. only a few teachers actually get me to listen to them, such as my English and Chemistry teacher. :sigh: school is a drag  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:03 am
Very nice...I like these a lot. I cannot find anything to complain about.  

Krusadin

Bellabie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:02 am
Krusadin

Hee hee hee,
You said that in such a silly way, friend.
"Nothing to complain about," hm?
heart
b  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:06 pm
Bellabie
Krusadin

Hee hee hee,
heart
b
It's hard sometimes not to find something to complain about. We humans are a very finicky lot, really... wink

"I am one of those people who believe that assigning students to read Crime and Punishment is a crime and punishment. However, that doesn't change the fact that it's on your AP test, so you have a quiz on the first 8 chapters on Wednesday." arrow My lovely English teacher.  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:44 am
kyangfan
Bellabie
Krusadin

Hee hee hee,
heart
b
It's hard sometimes not to find something to complain about. We humans are a very finicky lot, really... wink

"I am one of those people who believe that assigning students to read Crime and Punishment is a crime and punishment. However, that doesn't change the fact that it's on your AP test, so you have a quiz on the first 8 chapters on Wednesday." arrow My lovely English teacher.

yeah, we humans can't find a single thing thats perfect or something to not complain about.

Wow, nice teacher, my teacher is like "alright don't listen, its not my fault if you get a failing grade at my subject. Its not my loss, its yours." the teachers here like to make us listen indirectly........it works  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:04 pm
Yeah, you've got a point... at least it's better than in some animes, where the teachers bounce chalkboard dusters off sleeping students' heads. rolleyes Of course, being called out on a question when you're not paying attention is almost as bad... sweatdrop  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:54 pm
Well, in animes chalkboard dusters are thrown, my math teacher prefer books or papers when he's angry---- pirate .

Well, its not that bad if you can answer the question. Of course every teacher will try any possible way of making sure that ur wrong

For example:

--my friend sleeping--

"Symon (my friend), what is the capital of Japan?"

Symon stands and stays quiet, then my teacher says "so now u can't answer my question? If you will only sleep at my class...."

Symon suddenly answers "Tokyo"

My teacher stops talking and suddenly says "...... why were u sleeping at my class !?"

---hehe.....this is my History Teacher-----

Note this happens everyday in different subjects---happens to everyone, only a few manages to answer. :sigh: teachers here have such a high pride  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:24 pm
Heheh, that's pretty funny... your history teacher must have been really taken aback for a sec there. xd My teachers don't really do that, although my physics teacher has like mastered ventriloquism or something...

"...And here we have two vectors in the north and west with an angle of 37 degrees, so WHAT IS THE RESULTANT VECTOR, CHRIS?"
Chris: *starts into wakefulness* *blinks in confusion* "Umm."
Mr. H: "See, I knew when you stopped blinking that you weren't listening. But don't worry, JASON over there was taking a nap with you."
Jason: *jerks upright* *ZOMG HE KNOWS!! eek *

Thankfully my teachers are a little less insulted at you in class... I think they figure the not-listening shows in the test grades, though... ^^;;  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

OakbingNoona

Timid Bunny

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:46 pm
wow....its nicely drawn smile looks like i should post some drawings too once in a while...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:58 pm
Hee hee, my teachers this year aren't quite as fun as those from last year...

I'll have to scan my sakura tree (branch-thing) tomorrow when I retrieve it from my locker.
sweatdrop  

Bellabie

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:26 am
> to foreverlenalee
Thanks, i'm finishing a colored version of it and i'm posting it this weekend. Oh i'd like to see ur drawing too

>to bellabie
Wow, I want to see ur sakura tree!

>to kyangfan
whoa, nice physics teacher. :sigh: wish my teachers were a little more like yours. To my teachersw, not listening is a crime---- neutral ----- were used to that. well atleast there's unity in our class, everyone stands up for everyone else and all of us (when bored) pretend to listen to our teachers, apparently Chemistry, English, and Filipino (a subject in the Philippines, I'mk a Filipino) are the only subjectsw that are taken seriously by everybody.

Everybody's favorite teacher is our Chem teacher. He's a teacher who's fun, entertaining, funny, and at the same time a very good teacher. Only downside is this

My chem teacher

1. Funny, comical and usually makes jokes to make the class lively
2. A good teacher, provides shortcuts to all our computaitions and is very
nice to us
----this is why everybody is prompted to listen and learn-----
3. he's usual sequence is class is
a) discussion
b) sample excercise
c) seatwork the next day
d) then a quiz can come up any time usually comprised of very hard problems
4. he doesn't give out spacial projects to failing students. If u really want to u may choose one of the following

a) to drain the water of the river using a cup(used to be a teaspoon xd )
b) create a cookie as large as a very big container
c) slide from a large pole starting from the 4th floor down to a plate of soysauce

--this is my Chem teacher, see why everybody has fun and listens to his discussions? blaugh ---  
Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games