[PRP] Returning Home [Isi/Vinya/Nsu] - FIN Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:32 pm
Isi rather liked Nsundu's rhythm with her claws. No, that hadn't been something Isi had thought of when she had created her own rhythm... Maybe she could add in some claw-beats later in life, when she felt a bit more... tinny.

"Very nice, both of you," Isi said with a smile and nod to both females. "That was my father's song," Isithunzi informed her white student. "You, theoretically, could steal someone else's song, but that would be like... meandering around acting like them all of the time, in our Pride's culture. You could do it if you wanted, but it wouldn't really be you. There's no rush in finding your rhythm, some lions find it at the end of their lives. Some know right away. How long it takes does not matter at all; does not make you any more or less of a lion than any other. It is a sad day, though, when one passes one without having found theirs. I keep my father alive through his rhythm, as well as any I've known. As long as I can tap it out, they can be remembered, and as long as they are remembered, they live on, in a sense." Isi said, hoping that maybe that answered some of Vinya's question, and taught a bit more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:26 pm
Oooh she was getting the hang of it! Though the rhythm she was beating out almost sounded like it was a mixture of Isithunzi's and Nsundu's, the young leader knew that it was progress. The very fact that she was able to do it was very promising. She had heard rumours that there were actually lions and lionesses who couldn't even do that much. Either way, Vinya was the Umsini, so that meant she didn't have to do as much drumming as Isi did. She would probably be better at dancing and jewellery making anyways. The latter had been what interested her in the first place.

Nsundu nodded alongside Isi's explanation, learning some new things herself. So you could keep others alive through their rhythm. Interesting. She would remember that. It seemed a fitting way to remember the dead of such a musical pride. "You don't have to worry so much about your rhythm. Some don't find it in the drum, but in dancing or singing. You might find it easier for you to find a rhythm when you dance." She paused for a moment, before explaining, "As Umsini, if you want that position, you'll be making jewellery that makes sounds when you move. Some find their inspiration in that. Like working with drums, you can be as free and creative as you want with dancing and jewellery. We don't want to restrain anybody's creativity."

Nsundu glanced over to Isithunzi to make sure what she was saying was right. She didn't want to lead Vinya astray after all.

Chibi Sheepcat

~Masamune~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:41 pm
(( X_x; gonk I'm sorry for the long wait guys. ))

"I like that." Vinya'nyota said finally, having listened to all that Isi had said. Remembering others in such a way really appealed to the adolescent, as she wasn't a big believer in the afterlife. She also quite liked the fact that copying someone's rhythm wasn't as easy as it sounded. Once she found hers, she definatly wouldn't want someone copying it.

As Nsundu went on, Vinya'nyota grinned and nodded, giving the fluffy tuft of fur on her head a little flick as she did so. It was almost a relief to know that rhythm could come from other sources, and she would be happy to try all of them in the hopes of becoming a better Pride member. And the position Nsundu spoke of definatly appealed to her. "Sounds great." She purred. "Although...I haven't really done much singing or dancing either." Saying that, she let out a small laugh. "As hopeless as I seem, I'm definatly going to give all this my best shot."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:32 pm
((I don't mind, RL sucks sometimes. D: ))
Isithunzi nodded at Nsundu, she was glad the female had brought it up. Yeah... she'd forgotten that aspect. Beneath the grey fur, the lioness blushed. She smiled, though, at Vinya's determination to do her best. Isithunzi nodded wisely, "I'm sure you'll pick it up entirely quickly. Once you start to get the hang of it, it really grows quickly on you," She said with a quick, but hopefully assuring nod. "Well, we've got lots of work to do, we ought to rest up for tomorrow," Isi said. "If you have any more questions, Vinya, let me know, I'll answer them the best I can," She said to the pale female. She would also offer to Nsundu, but now wasn't the time nor the place. She wanted to have Nsundu look like she understood everything- such an image was good for a leader figure. Besides, she seemed to have a very good understanding of the pride's culture anyway. She would wait to see if anyone had any big questions, but she felt she had made today's lesson a full introduction. Or at least, she hoped.  

Light Atago

Lupine Loiterer

Chibi Sheepcat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:45 pm
Nsundu nodded alongside Isithunzi, doing her best to look reassuring. "You only have to do your best. We aren't expecting anything more than that." The young lioness grinned, before turning her attention to Isi's next concern. Rest up? Oh right! Had she had a watch, she would have checked it, but instead she glanced up at the sun. Yes, they had best find a place to stay and then go to sleep. That way they could be energetic for the final stretch back home. Some might have seen the time spent learning as a waste of a day, but to Nsundu it was a very big step. She had managed to convince her first member to come with her back to her newly formed pride. Though Vinya wasn't incredible at Rhythm – which was expected – she had expressed a willingness to try. That was all Nsundu could ask of her.

The lioness smiled at her friends, before turning her attention to the horizon. "Tonight, we rest. Tomorrow, we return home."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:21 am
Vinya'nyota smiled and bowed her head in gratitude towards Isithunzi. "Thanks, for everything." Although now would be a good time to rest, the pale adolescent was quite sure that she would be up for most of the night thinking about everything that she had learned today. Hopefully she wouldn't have any questions when the morning came.

Still smiling (making this probably the longest time she had ever smiled for), she turned to Nsundu. "This oasis is quite safe, we'll be fine here." Saying that, she turned to make her way to the spot where she had slept for the past few days. Vinya'nyota was on her way to having a completely new outlook on life, and that pleased her greatly.

~Masamune~

[IC] Nchi'mahadhi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces