14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:55 pm
Rellik San
spooky_sez
Rellik San
Strangely, the sky where I live, rarely gets a proper sunset, most of the time, its just a really heavy deepening of the blue from the sky.

That'd be much better. That orange is horrible.

Trade Ya. The way it happens here is so damn depressing and bleak.

Hmm. Now I don't know what would be better. confused  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:00 pm
Corpse_Bride_131
I find sunsets to be really depressing - but also somewhat calming - when they are all orangey and shadowy. My friend and I talked about this once and this is what we came up with.
We are able to see the beauty and calmness that the end of the day brings. When our lives all end, maybe it will be that way as well.
That sounds so weird when it's put in writing, but it kind of makes sense, no?

Yeah, it makes sense.

My best mate and I actually talked about this yesterday when he was over and he reckons that it's because of some s**t memory from when we were little. Like, something bad happened at sunset. I told him I couldn't remember anything like that and he said that I wouldn't because it's ingrained now.
That's his theory anyway.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:03 pm
ashesoverdiamond
I think sunsets are beautiful, but they make me feel depressed and reflective. I was never sure why, either.

No no, not reflective- sick.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:09 pm
osirisgoauldgoddess
Does your aversion also count for sundowns? The only thing that comes to me is that sun down and sun set is a change from dream to wake, from wake to dream, something dies, something is born. Are you afraid to be be caught in between the moments? Unable to die, unable to live? Unable to dream unable to wake? Are you clinging to the night or are you clinging to the day?

If it is only the sunset then you might be afraid of the day, the wake. Why? Because too many people think their thoughts and they interefere with your own thought and personality patterns? Sensitive people can feel that and it can affect ones biorythm.
Orange is a mix of yellow and red. Yellow stands for wisdom, red for sexual and fundamental energy. Maybe you have a problem with being day active, extrovertism,you`re more night active, introverted.

To me the sundown and sunset sometimes remind me of an apoclyptic scenario. All doors are open for a little while. All emotions exisiting good and bad from all over the world are more exposed and open at that time. Depressing and amazing at the same time. But that`s just me.

That's the coolest explanation I've heard yet, but sadly, no.
I love the day. I love the night. I'm not different then in a extroverted/introverted way.
When I'm looking at a disgusting sunset I don't think about life or death or the fact that people might be interfering with me. I don't think it could be what the colours stand for because I don't know what the colours stand for.

I really like your reason for liking sunset though.

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:11 pm
-Isel-
I like it when it's overcast and you don't notice a change in colour--just from grey to darker grey.

Orange is too harsh.

I love overcast! You can't see s**t! It blocks out all the horrible colours and shadows!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:20 pm
Sunsets are nice once in a while but what I really love are sunrises.
Watching all the darkness and stars fade while the purples and reddish hues slowly take over the sky before turning blue.
It's lovely to see before I go to sleep.

Kakei Setsunai

Beloved Phantom

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:00 am
Yeah, sunrises are nice. I like them.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:07 pm
Your friend`s thought about a bad experience in early childhood at sunset could be an explanation. There are methods to retrieve past memories. However one has to be careful in using them. The good thing is, this guild is big and I hope that many more people share their thoughts and might have an idea.  

osirisgoauldgoddess

ataraxia_18

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:50 pm
i love the sunset. i think it is beutiful. the mixture of colors is incredible. it gives me the feeling of everything ends but when it does it is beutuful.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:13 pm
i perfere sunsets in the winter, i don't know why though. Although now that the ice hasn't been thick enough to stand on, I'm getting pissed. We really did a number on this planet and its starting to show. (im really good at pointing out the obvious xd )  

Tahmuku

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:13 am
osirisgoauldgoddess
Your friend`s thought about a bad experience in early childhood at sunset could be an explanation. There are methods to retrieve past memories. However one has to be careful in using them. The good thing is, this guild is big and I hope that many more people share their thoughts and might have an idea.

Yeah, he may be right. And you are too. My mum had a person do that to her once and it freaked her out. She said it wasn't a bad memory but it could have been and the woman was very careless to just do it without warning.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:52 am
Tahmuku
We really did a number on this planet and its starting to show.

Yep. but we can minimize earth hurtings if we intune ourselves with earth`s energies and all the living beings and spirits. A mediation where you concerntrate on earth can link you with all through invisible bonds and beyond if you look farther.

I could imagine that sooner or later there will be a big happening. Sooner or later everybody`s capacity is over, even earth`s. But I also believe that we as a collective mind can minimize the damage. So heads up smile  

osirisgoauldgoddess

osirisgoauldgoddess

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:55 am
. She said it wasn't a bad memory but it could have been and the woman was very careless to just do it without warning.

That is really careless and dangerous. Whatever you do, you have to trust the person who does things to you and the person who does things to you must give you the control over yourself and tell you what happens next, letting you decide if you want to open the door/ enter the pathway/ etc. or if you want to stop. Glad your mom got out of it well.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:05 pm
Mmm, I prefer sunset. It's sunrise that I detest. I don't particularly like the orange though in a sunset, I like the reds, pinks, and purples, and ocassionally the layers of rainbowey colors from the horizon up.  

Satan on Speed

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:46 pm
Have you ever been diagnosed with depression? I ask because a lot of depressed people experience lower moods at certain times of day. Usually they feel worse in the morning and start to get better as the day goes on, but sometimes it can happen in reverse.

For the longest time, I've disliked afternoon light. There's something about the angle of the shadows that sets me on edge. But I love mornings, and I tend to like evenings. Sometime around the end of the day, I start to feel better again.

Maybe it's all just biorhythms and the light isn't really the cause.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff