Goths of Gaia, I need your help! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:42 pm
Blackrose Kaire
Dude the title of this topic makes it sound like were sureheros or something.
...you mean we're not the Goth Group: Defenders of Darkness?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:06 pm
OverlordMMM
Blackrose Kaire
Well we have a name now atleast. smile  

Awesome Akwardness

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:30 pm
Blackrose Kaire
OverlordMMM
Blackrose Kaire
.....do we have a logo?...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:13 pm
OverlordMMM
Blackrose Kaire
OverlordMMM
Blackrose Kaire
Nah not yet. sweatdrop  

Awesome Akwardness

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:54 pm
damn....oh well.....

......do we at least have our costumes...or will it be our avis?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:56 pm
Rellik San
Lady Detarra
Rellik San
-Resurrected Writer-
Sadly, the costume you have so far adds up to either:
A) Mallgoth (known by others as "poseur goth")

or

B) Metalhead (with the former being more likely)

For suggestions on stuff to do for a more gothy outfit, try looking at the "Labels sticky" (for fashions of various goth scenes), or the Fashion subforum.
My first suggestion, however, is that if you want to do a gothy outfit, metal band shirts are a MAJOR no-no. The baggy pants with chains (Tripp pants) are also not going to help you much in trying to have a goth appearance.

I resent that, everyone knows true metalheads wear blue denim or tight leather pants.

Now that to me is a snooty comment. Just because someone doesn't wear either blue denim or leather pants means they can't be a metal head. A guy I work with is an amazing metal band and he wears lose khaki shorts. If you saw him you'd think he was a skater but hes all metal and proud of it.

Erm.... it was a joke, based on the stereotypes of heavy metal, me being a metalhead myself am allowed to make such comments and plays on stereotypes without it being offensive.

Sorry. Didn't know it was a joke sweatdrop . I've just met too many people who think that if you don't dress JUST the right way you're not welcome with them. Elitists stressed I'm sick of em.  

Lady Detarra

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:20 pm
Blackrose Kaire
OverlordMMM
Blackrose Kaire
OverlordMMM
Blackrose Kaire
Nah not yet. sweatdrop
I say we incorporate the Bacardi bat into our logo, and Overlord, it's the ..." The Keepers and Defenders of Darkness". You forgot the most important part! Shame on you! After 8 years in the society you should know our proper name!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:11 pm
XWraith_LordX
Blackrose Kaire
OverlordMMM
Blackrose Kaire
OverlordMMM
Blackrose Kaire
Nah not yet. sweatdrop
I say we incorporate the Bacardi bat into our logo, and Overlord, it's the ..." The Keepers and Defenders of Darkness". You forgot the most important part! Shame on you! After 8 years in the society you should know our proper name!
We need to make another topic for this. 3nodding  

Awesome Akwardness

OverlordMMM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:07 pm
XWraith_LordX
Blackrose Kaire
OverlordMMM
Blackrose Kaire
OverlordMMM
Blackrose Kaire
Nah not yet. sweatdrop
......you know we need to shorten the name when we say the true proper name......even if we abbreviate it with initials, thats still 43 letters.......

....and yes....we should make a new thread for this...that'll be your job Blackrose  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:20 pm
OverlordMMM
XWraith_LordX
Blackrose Kaire
OverlordMMM
Blackrose Kaire
Nah not yet. sweatdrop
......you know we need to shorten the name when we say the true proper name......even if we abbreviate it with initials, thats still 43 letters.......

....and yes....we should make a new thread for this...that'll be your job Blackrose
Alright I made it  

Awesome Akwardness

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:28 pm
Blackrose Kaire
OverlordMMM
XWraith_LordX
Blackrose Kaire
OverlordMMM
Blackrose Kaire
Nah not yet. sweatdrop

You expect me to do everything mad Ok I will....What's the official name of the team though?

Here's a simple one: BB (Bat Brigade) whee  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:06 pm
Orange81
For my Halloween costume this year, I plan on being goth... but i have very little idea as to what to buy or borrow... Heres a list I've put together over the last few days:

-Baggy pants w/ chains
-Combat boots
-T-shirt from some metal band (Slayer, Bodom, Maiden etc)
-Hair Dye
-Some kinda goth-y looking belt

Any suggestions or additions, comments even? Anything anyone has to say could be helpful... Plus all that pocket change from random posting adds up. woot.

Bah... everyone here must seem a tad elitist, eh? (I admit, I'm also not a big fan of mallgoths...)

BUT, on topic, the above outfit sounds okay if you're going for what most of society believes is 'goth', perhaps swapping the metal tee for a gothic band tee or just a black shirt with a cool image on it, and slipping a fishnet top underneath it. Also, wear lot's of silver jewellery.

If you want to go for more of an 'authentic' goth look (the type of look that most goths wouldn't laugh at you for), then there are many, MANY styles that one can look into. For an 80's goth look, a Siouxie and the Banshees tee with black jeans and combat boots may work. For romanti-goth a poet shirt (or just a shirt with a jabot), a black tail coat, a top hat, and dress pants would look quite dapper (think 'victorian gentleman' for this one), as would a look inspired by the writer Oscar Wilde, or Gomez from The Addams Family. Also popular is the 'cyber' look which usually involves lots of PVC, goggles, and general futuristic raver wear (though in predominantly dark colours).

If you want inspiration for a gothic outfit you shoud check out different gothic clothing websites. A few examples of such sites are:

http://shrinestore.com/
http://kambriel.com/
http://www.dracinabox.com/  

DreamerSpirit

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:19 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
Blackrose Kaire
OverlordMMM
XWraith_LordX
Blackrose Kaire
Nah not yet. sweatdrop

You expect me to do everything mad Ok I will....What's the official name of the team though?

Here's a simple one: BB (Bat Brigade) whee
I like that one,good idea.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:22 pm
......well....here is the link to the page.....

Bat Brigade  

OverlordMMM

Draco Vampir

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:28 pm
Rellik San
Blackrose Kaire

Your not a super hero?

I'm a superhero.
*crosses arms over chest, turns head to side and looks off to the distance*  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out