Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Another School Shooting Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonhail

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:02 pm
Personally, I'm not phased by the fact that he was described as goth. Whether you like it or not, many people define goth as someone who wears all black, etc. If they want to call him goth, then let them. Who am I to tell someone what they can and cannot do?

On a different note, it's a shame there's been so many shootings this year. What's becoming of todays youth?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:04 pm
XWraith_LordX
Watch, someone wearing jeans,Nike shoes, and an Abercrombie T-shirt is going to go on a shooting spree somewhere, and everyone will say:

"Oh, he must have been very sad and angry, maybe he had mental issues?"

Then, someone wearing black pants and a smashing pumpkins shirt is going to do the SAME THING, and this time they'll say:

"He's evil! He's disturbed! Satanic goth! Oh he played mario yesterday? Video games did this to him!"

Not only that, people will start thinking the Smashing Pumpkins are goth. rolleyes Then people are going to get all these scewed statistics from studies that aren't even legitimate or haven't even been completed that show how violent video games make our mentally healthy kids. BS.

There have been studies, video games make kids more aggressive for a short duration after playing them... bare in mind thats AGGRESSIVE not VIOLENT. There is a big difference.  

Rellik San
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:53 pm
Oh, also-

anyone else catch the passively-racist comment in the article?

Article
Coon...stood out in the predominantly black school for dressing in a goth style

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:04 pm
GilAskan
Oh, also-

Article

Not at first, I admit.
But yeah, it's pretty appalling that professional reporters would make a distinction that a goth style (even a mallgoth style) separates the individual from the other students; not due to differences in clothing interests, but according to race.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Beatngufan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:53 pm
Again?!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:03 pm
Moonhail
Personally, I'm not phased by the fact that he was described as goth. Whether you like it or not, many people define goth as someone who wears all black, etc. If they want to call him goth, then let them. Who am I to tell someone what they can and cannot do?

On a different note, it's a shame there's been so many shootings this year. What's becoming of todays youth?

Well apparently anyone over the age doesn't get them, doesn't understand them and can't possibly have been through what they've been through.

Or some such equal crap, I just wish they'd write a letter sayinf "It isn't 'cos I'm goth and its not because I game, its because I want to end it and take as many people as I can with me."  

Rellik San
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:41 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
GilAskan
Oh, also-

Article

Not at first, I admit.
But yeah, it's pretty appalling that professional reporters would make a distinction that a goth style (even a mallgoth style) separates the individual from the other students; not due to differences in clothing interests, but according to race.

Indeed. The reporter could have (though, without much tact) said-

"Coon stood out for being white in a black school"

...but rather, chose to say:

"Coon stood out for being goth in a black school"

As though they're mutually exclusive things.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:11 am
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
GilAskan
Oh, also-

Article

Not at first, I admit.

Ironically enough, his name is also a racial slur.
I think the point of mentioning he's a 'goth' is meant to detract from the obvious puns that could be made out of the tragedy because of his name.

Well either that, or you guys are going to have to start lobbying for equal rights as a race. razz  

Rellik San
Crew

bloodyandrea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:43 am
Devils_lilboy
Rellik San
Don't worry, by next week we'll discover he played sonic the hedgehog when he was 12 so video games made him do it.

I agree with him...

lmao!!!! i agree with him as well. its like "another video game has made our children violent! WE MUST STOP THIS AT ONCE!!!"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:53 am
seriously...everyone who ever causes a school shooting is never goth, they're just totally messed up. Why does everyone think we wanna kill everybody? all we wanna do is be different!
User Image  

MisS -PaRaNOiD- PiXiE

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:03 am
Rellik San
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
GilAskan
Oh, also-

Article

Not at first, I admit.

I think the point of mentioning he's a 'goth' is meant to detract from the obvious puns that could be made out of the tragedy because of his name.

Well either that, or you guys are going to have to start lobbying for equal rights as a race. razz

Then next thing you know, the other subcultures (even the mallcore ones) will start pleading for protection rights. gonk

@scary gothic chic: Wouldn't your statement be null and void if there ever was a legitimate goth who did a school shooting (not that I encourage that)?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:26 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
Rellik San
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
GilAskan
Oh, also-

Article

Not at first, I admit.

Then next thing you know, the other subcultures (even the mallcore ones) will start pleading for protection rights. gonk

@scary gothic chic: Wouldn't your statement be null and void if there ever was a legitimate goth who did a school shooting (not that I encourage that)?
Except us metallers, we'll get our rights at the end of blade and boot. smile  

Rellik San
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:46 pm
Rellik San
XWraith_LordX
Watch, someone wearing jeans,Nike shoes, and an Abercrombie T-shirt is going to go on a shooting spree somewhere, and everyone will say:

"Oh, he must have been very sad and angry, maybe he had mental issues?"

Then, someone wearing black pants and a smashing pumpkins shirt is going to do the SAME THING, and this time they'll say:

"He's evil! He's disturbed! Satanic goth! Oh he played mario yesterday? Video games did this to him!"

Not only that, people will start thinking the Smashing Pumpkins are goth. rolleyes Then people are going to get all these scewed statistics from studies that aren't even legitimate or haven't even been completed that show how violent video games make our mentally healthy kids. BS.

There have been studies, video games make kids more aggressive for a short duration after playing them... bare in mind thats AGGRESSIVE not VIOLENT. There is a big difference.

Dude, I know that.

I was refering to a few incidents where some kid I knew has brought up ilegitimate and sometimes even irrelevant study to prove a point, along with many other people. Seeing as you weren't there, you didn't get that part. Okay? The only reason I said that was because one of those people goes to this guild sometimes....I won't name names. They know who they are...  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:21 pm

I have to say my few things about this.

I live about a 10-15 miles away from Cleveland since I live in a suburb and well this was a major shocker to me because lately in a lot of the schools around us, the school officials seem to have problems listening to the students when they come to them about being bullied or having any kind of problems because he did go to them about those things and well they really just shrugged it off. So this could have been prevented if they took some action but they say they have "More important things to take care of." When he should have been on that list of things to be taken care of because the safety of the students come first.

But what came out of this of him being somewhat labeled goth had a lot of bad things at my school. Before there were only a few goths at my school and me being still being new at becoming it, the students really didn't mind us at all. A few looks here and there but they just don't mind. But after the whole shooting, we started to get actual stares and the silent whispers. The sad thing is this girl in my class (we had a discussion about it in class) said that I would probably be the next one to shoot up the school. I took this to an offense since well we never got along before so we just stayed out of each others way but to say that got me on a rant about how not all goths are "Evil people and want to kill everyone in the world." I even had some people who weren't even friends with me stand up for me.

So to sum it up, the goths in my school are now being looked at as freaks when they weren't before.

NekoYasha09er

MediaclCunt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:10 pm
-_- Here we go again. And there was also another incident,where a home-schooled boy in Plymouth County, Pennsylvania who planned a Columbine-style attack on the high school in his neighborhood. Another insult to add to the list: Whitemarsh.

Quote:

Teen Arrested in Alleged School Plot
WPVI by The Action News Team

PLYMOUTH TOWNSHIP, Pa. - October 11, 2007 - A home-schooled teenager is accused of plotting a Columbine-type attack on a local high school. Authorities said he felt bullied, amassed a cache of weapons and tried to recruit another boy for the attack.

During a late morning news conference, Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce Castor displayed the weapons that were taken from the teen's home.

The weapons included a 9mm semiautomatic rifle that the teenager's mother had recently bought for him, Montgomery County District Attorney Bruce L. Castor Jr. said. Prosecutors are reviewing her actions.

Police also found about 30 air-powered guns, plus swords, knives, hand grenades, a bomb-making book, videos of the 1999 Columbine attack in Colorado and violence-filled notebooks, Castor said. The weapons were plainly visible in the boy's bedroom, Castor said.

Also discovered were seven explosive devices Castor described as homemade grenades: plastic containers filled with BBs to which gunpowder could be added. Authorities said one grenade was operable and the others had been in the process of being assembled.

The search did not turn up any ammunition for the most dangerous firearm in the bunch, the assault rifle.

The teen was charged as a juvenile with solicitation to commit terror and other counts and was being held at a youth facility. He was due in court for an initial appearance Friday morning.

"I do not think an attack was imminent," said Castor. "I am not certain that an attack was going to occur at all."

"It could have simply been big talking by a kid who thought that he was bullied previously and he was going to exact his revenge," Castor added.

Also on display were two books that the boy had, a copy of "The Anarchist Cookbook" and a copy of "Hitler's Second Book: The Unpublished Sequel to Mein Kampf."

Sources said he operated a website for the Imperial Cobra Army and referred to himself as the youngest mercenary in the world.

Authorities described him as a troubled young man, who felt he was picked on because he was overweight. That's why his parents took him out of school 18 months ago and began home schooling. Authorities believe he was out looking for revenge.

Action News also found a You Tube page with videos apparently posted by the suspect. Although you never see the 14-year-old boy in the videos, they offer a glimpse into a glimpse into his trouble young mind.

The videos include efforts to recruit people to fight the government, tributes to the Columbine shooters and a video glorifying bank robbers killed in a shootout with police.

A neighbor who didn't want to give his last name told action news the boys family were always kind.

"I was very scared and shocked of course I live right next door but they were always very kind to me good people," he said.

While Action News crews were at the school, dozens of students left the school this morning. Parents came to pick up many of them, but school officials say classes were never formally dismissed at the Plymouth-Whitemarsh High School.

The teen previously attended middle school in the district but had been taught at home for more than a year after voluntarily leaving school, Castor said.

Plymouth Township police searched the home after getting a tip Wednesday from a high school student and his father.

A call to the county Public Defender's Office, which was representing the youth, rang unanswered after business hours.

Castor declined to name the suspect's parents and said he did not think they had retained lawyers.

The following is the text of an e-mail alert that was sent out from the school district Thursday morning:

" Plymouth Township Police have a 14-year-old boy in custody who was reportedly planning a "Columbine" type event at Plymouth Whitemarsh High School (PWHS). The youth was not enrolled at the school. Police acted quickly on the tip of a current PWHS student and his father. Police further indicated that the school and its students were never in danger.

Police went to the residence of the student and received consent to search the home. Officer's found various weapons and the juvenile was taken into custody.

Police are confident that the incident is isolated to this individual and no threat to the school and/or students exists.

School District administrators continue to work with local law enforcement to ensure the safety of all Colonial School District students and staff.

(Copyright 2007 by 6abc and Action News. All rights reserved.)

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff