Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Extended Discussion
Dead animes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

firebladesz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:08 am
Ronzalpha201
well, some of them are just ridiculous. take yu-gi oh for an example. you know the main character wins, no matter what. same goes for most other quest anime's such as pokemon and digimon. Games, like Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy are a differnt story.

Thats true lol. Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon are the same. They have no chance of ever losing..  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:30 am
DIGIMON. D8
I loved that show when I was little, and now I re-watch it again. No one really talks about it anymore.... I still love Digimon! : D

Shinigami Candy

XxDemon_PunkxX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:17 am
Samurai Pizza Cats is DEFINITELY DEAD!!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:14 pm
Biker Mice from Mars.

You can't get through a single episode. Without getting malled by at least three cheese puns or something similar.

If it was any more puntastic. There would be a Palladin named Adam Bohn running around shouting UNDEAD!!!! Swinging an axe around wildly as he hunted down there kind.

The comment about Yugioh and Pokemon aren't entirely true. Ash has actually lost a few battles in the series. In Yugioh, the main character doesn't always win his matches either.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

mufftigg

Enduring Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:18 pm
I"ve kinda noticed that anime's tend to die when they either get too long and redundant, too much filler, or the storyline finishes.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:14 pm
Wouldn't that statement mean. That shorter Anime are less everlasting?

(On the subject of Anime. Next troll I run into on Gaia. I'm going to just say Bankai then cut there avatar in half. The good users have been less active generally and the bad ones are more. I've used the report tool more for reporting people for harassment this week. Than I have the rest of this year).  

LanceCalvis
Crew

friedrice31

Dapper Conversationalist

5,750 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:27 pm
LanceCalvis

(On the subject of Anime. Next troll I run into on Gaia. I'm going to just say Bankai then cut there avatar in half. The good users have been less active generally and the bad ones are more. I've used the report tool more for reporting people for harassment this week. Than I have the rest of this year).

I'd disagree, FLCL was the shortest series i have ever seen, but that's a hit! we can all agree on that!

And on the subject of adventure games (previously mentioned) you never know when you're going to win (even though you're supposed to) and can bring everyone to their doom in no time. That's the case with me in Lost Odyssey (damn boss-fights).

And i disagree with old anime's losing their appeal because they're art style is outdated (also previously mentioned). Neon-Genesis is a pretty old series but the art in there is still a contender with modern standards!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:27 pm
friedrice13
LanceCalvis

I'd disagree, FLCL was the shortest series i have ever seen, but that's a hit! we can all agree on that!

And on the subject of adventure games (previously mentioned) you never know when you're going to win (even though you're supposed to) and can bring everyone to their doom in no time. That's the case with me in Lost Odyssey (damn boss-fights).

And i disagree with old anime's losing their appeal because they're art style is outdated (also previously mentioned). Neon-Genesis is a pretty old series but the art in there is still a contender with modern standards!

There are far worse things than tough boss fights in Rpg's. I doubt your definite of tough is the same as mine. The worst thing I've run into. Were needlessly difficult puzzles. That you had to solve in order to proceed with the game.

FLCL was a pretty good series. From an animation stand point. I tend to look at all of the artwork like what was used in Spirited Away. As about as good as it can get. FLCL had a weird appeal to it that just worked.

I don't think it was the artwork Muff was even talking about. It was the general animation fan base. Once an animation finishes with its main story. It tends to die off a bit.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

NotComingBackXXXXXXXXX

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:18 am
I agree there, but still, there are some animes where the villains win in the end  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff